- John 1:1-2 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - The same was in the beginning with God.
- John 1:14 - And
the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and
- Habakkuk 2:14 - For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
- John 5:39 - [CHRIST COMMANDS!] - Search the scriptures;
- John 10:35 - [CHRIST DECREES!] - The scriptures cannot be broken;
- 1 Peter 2:2 - As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
- Romans 10:17 - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Romans 10:8 - But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart:
- that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
- Psalm 107:20 - He sent his word and healed them,
- 1 Peter 1:23 - Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
- Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the
joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of
- 2 Timothy 3:14,15,16,17 - But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And
that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able
to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All
scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man (child) of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
- Psalm 12:6-7 - The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Psalm 12:7 - Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
- Psalm 119:89-90 - For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:90 Thy faithfulness is unto all generations:
- Psalm 119:9,11 - Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
- Psalm 119:11 - Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- Psalm 119:10 - With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
- Psalms 119:18 - Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
- Psalm 119:165 - Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
- Psalms 119:105 - Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Psalm 119:133 - Order my steps in thy word:
- Psalm 119:140 - Thy word is very pure:
- Psalm 119:161 - My heart standeth in awe of thy word.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- 2Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
- James 1:22 - But be ye doers of the word,and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
- Jeremiah 1:12 - Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it."
- Jeremiah 23:29 - Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
- Revelation 12:11 -
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of
their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- Matthew 5:17 - Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
- Matthew 5:18 -
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one
tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
- Matthew 5:19 -
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and
shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of
heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called
great in the kingdom of heaven.
- Mark 13:31 - Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
- 1 Peter 2:24 -
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we,
being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye
- Ephesians 6:17 - And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- Romans 10:17 - So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Matthew 4:4 -
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread
alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
- Luke 4:4 - And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. [NOTE: Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 are both Jesus quoting from Deuteronomy 8:3]
- Deuteronomy 8:3 -
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with
manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he
might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every
[word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
- Colossians 3:16 -
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and
admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing
with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
- Romans 15:4 -
For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our
learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
- Isaiah 55:11 - So
shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return
unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall
prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.
- Isaiah 40:8 - The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
- Proverbs 30:5 - Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar."
- Deuteronomy 12:32 - What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
- Deuteronomy 4:2 -
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye
diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD
your God which I command you.
- John 12:48 -
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth
him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last
- Matthew 24:35 - Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
- Luke 16:31 - And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 -
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye
received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received [it] not [as]
the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which
effectually worketh also in you that believe.
- Acts 6:7 -
And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples
multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were
obedient to the faith.
- Acts 12:24 - But the word of God grew and multiplied.
- Acts 19:20 - So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.
- Luke 8:11 - Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. (See also Matthew 13, Mark 4)
- Jeremiah 15:16 -
Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the
joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God
- Psalm 19:7 - The law of the LORD [is] perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD [is] sure, making wise the simple.
- Hebrews 1:1-3 -
God, who at sundry times and in divers manner spake in time past unto
the fathers by the prophets, - Hath in these last days spoken unto us by
his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he
made the worlds; - Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power,
- Hebrews 4:2 - For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did NOT profit them, NOT being mixed with faith in them that heard it!
- Romans 10:8 - But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
- John 8:31-32 - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;
- Luke 11:28 - But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
- Luke 8:21 - And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.