Key Statement - Thesis
Do You Qualify for An Honorary "Doctor of Divinity" from Cambridge Theological Seminary?If you believe God's Word as Stated Above: Probably! (Click for a Free Evaluation)
Moxahala Perry County
Does "Moxahala" (from Ohio) look Algonquian to you?
I assume you have some familiarity with Algonquian languages and can get a sense of what some of these place names actually mean?
There are a number of very small towns that don't have much online about their etymologies. Badagnani (talk) 22:49, 4 August 2008 (UTC)
Yes it does. "hala" in the Shawnee Indian tongue is the same as the -hana in Lenape, which is -jiwan in Ojibwe and -chuwan in Cree... all meaning "current" or "flow".
[SOURCE: CJLippert (talk) 23:03, 4 August 2008 (UTC)].
According to a book published in 1902, Moxahala means elks horn in the Indian language. The town was named after the creek which starts just west of Moxahala It is said that the Indians thought that the banks of the creek looked like an elks horn.
However some Moxahala residents say that it is named after two Indian chiefs,one named Moxie and one named Hala. This may be true as Mr. Paul Doughty states that as a boy in Moxahala he and his friends uncovered numerous Indian artifacts.
The "Legend of the Moxahala", and Other Poems, By Charles Edgar Spencer.
It appears Moxahala was named for the "Creek" (Crick? or River?) flowing through the heart of town.
About the month of October, 1799, came also John and George Mathews, from Wheeling, Va., and built a mill for grinding corn.
It was constructed on board a boat, composed of two large canvas, with a water wheel between, and was anchored at the foot of the Fall, near where the lower bridge now stands, and on the east side of the river, and depended on the current, (which was swift,) for power. It was well patronized by people from all parts of the valley.
This mill was carried down the river by a freshet and lodged in Duncan's Falls, but was rescued and brought back, and continued in service three years, when it gave place to a "tub mill," with one run of stone, located at Moxahala, and was followed by another at the mouth of Joe's run.
A part of this last mill may be seen during low water to this day.
The first large grist mill in this part of the country was the "Moxahala Mill", completed in 1803 or 1804 by John Mathews. It was located at the falls of Jonathan's Creek, about a mile and a half below the mouth of that stream. People came from twenty-five and thirty miles around to this mill.
The Moxahala Mill on the lower creek was one of the most prosperous in the region for 20-25 miles on all directions, eclipsing one at Duncan falls
The first settler in the community of Moxahala was William Fowler who came here in 1814. At this time there was only one house between Moxahala and New Lexington.
The next settlers here were the Biddisons and Montgomerys. The first mill was built about 1817 by Franklin Harris.
Mrs. William Cavinee states that her late husband's great- great grandparents and parents came here from Pennsylvania. They settled in a hollow behind the present site of the elementary school. They chose this site due to the strong spring found there.
The spring still runs today. Mrs. Cavinee was probably the towns most heard of citizen even though she only lived here a few years. Mrs. Cavinee lived to be 105, lived in three centuries She was born when Washington was president and died when McKinley was in office.
In 1842 a man named Biddison built a saw mill. It ran until 1852. In 1847 a Fowler also built a saw mill and it ran until 1867.
The early settlers found out from the geologist who came through that the area was rich in minerals. A four foot vein of coal was found,a seven foot vein of iron ore and a vein of fire clay which was touted as the second best in the entire state.
In 1873 Moxahala was laid out by A.S. Biddison, with William Rich doing the surveying. Today each man has a street in Moxahala named after him. When the town was founded, it had two hotels, five stores and a population of 400 it also had a blast furnace.
In the Perry County Atlas 1875 Moxahala was described as a busy little community with the following businesses; Doughty drugs and dry goods, Dolan's grocery, Kiener dry goods, grocery and bridle shop and a blast furnace owned and operated by the Carnegie Steel Company. A Moxahala Real Estate Company is shown to have owned land in the village at that time.
In 1883 Moxahala was described as a town on the Ohio Central Rail Road line with a post office, three general stores, two drug stores, two hotels and a blast furnace. This blast furnace was built in 1877 and went into blast on January 1, 1878. It employed 50 workers. It averaged 48 tons of iron per day, with a capacity of 58 tons a day. It was owned by King, Gilbert & Warner. It is assumed that the Carnegie blast furnace folded between 1875 and 1877.
A potter shop was built in 1880 and employed 10 workers. They manufactured 6,000 gallons per week, in December 1882 they doubled that amount. They entered the state fair and won the top prize in each category they entered their wares in. They cited the fact that all materials used in their pottery came from the Moxahala area and that the Moxahala fire clay was what gave their pottery the outstanding quality it exhibited.
Moxahala school at this time was a two room building. It was in the same location as the present school. It employed two teachers, Mr. Charles Wolfe recalls that he started the 1st grade in the two room school in 1895.
In 1897 the blast furnace shut down and moved to Columbus. The company had employed many of the towns workers. The company had built houses in Moxahala for its workers, the houses were all red and stood in rows. This area was called red row. None of these, as is true with the company houses built by the rail road, remain today. The workers we nt to Columbus and stayed with the company as they were highly skilled as iron workers,
When the people left so did the towns physicians. Doctor Hutchfield, Doctor Stoneburner and Doctor Snyder left. Another person who left was a young man named W. G. Teal. He too went to Columbus not to work for the iron company but to become a barber. He cut hair 4 years in Columbus.
In 1901 he came back to Moxahala and opened a barber shop in town, In all he cut hair for 73 years. He has. been the subject of numerous articles and holds a number of barbering records. Now retired at age 94 he still enjoys good health.
In 1904 Moxahala came back to life. The Chapman mine opened about a mile west of Moxahala and people flocked to the area. The mine employed 500 men and built 200 houses near Moxahala, even so every shack and hut in Moxahala was used to house the workers. The mine yielded 2500 tons of coal per day. It was one of the top producing mines in the state at the time.
The town began to grow. A Doctor Brown and a Doctor Gaff opened offices here. At this time our town had the Kiener store, the Carrol store, the Sheppard store, two blacksmith shops, a meat market, a shoe repair shop, a pot shop, the White saloon and the Catchpool saloon.
In 1905 two men came down from Columbus and sold stock for a brick plant. The two men, named Mussler and Hecock, had the right locale for a brick plant. In Moxahala there was a strong vein of fire clay which was the second best fire clay in the state. Directly under this clay was a strong; vein of coal and a reservoir which had been built by the furnace company was near by.
The brick plant was started.
After all the stocks were sold and a few bricks were made Mussler and Hecock skipped town and the brick plant folded. Parts of the brick plant foundation still stands.The clay continued to be mined, it was crushed and loaded on trains and shipped to Shawnee. The Claycraft Company used this clay as it was superior to any clay they had.
During this time some of the men worked at the Kiener saw mill in the warm months and for Kiener Tee Company in the winter months. The men cut blocks of ice from the creek and reservoir and stored them in a building with saw dust from their saw mill for use in the summer.
When the people were not working they could spend their time hunting, fishing, or trapping as game was plentiful in the area. They could swim in the creek or reservoir in the summer. There was skating and sled-ding in the winter. There was a pool room, saloons, a dance hall and a live theater above the Kiener store building where local residents could display their acting talents. There was a Grange society and a Knights of Phythias lodge here during that period of time.
The people could attend church services in either of the towns churches The Methodist church was the first church in Moxahala. It was built in 1885 after a revival was held at a blacksmith shop. The beautiful Spanish styled Catholic church, St. Pius, was built in 1908 after the Catholic church near Moxahala was destroyed by fire. Both churches still function in the same locations they were built on.
At this the Kiener store was the most important building in town. Besides serving as a store, dance hall, and theatre . It was the post office, telephone switch board station and had the first gasoline pumps in town.
In 1914 the Chapman mine closed. However in 1914 the Kaiser mine opened The Ohio Central and The White Elm mine also opened up here during World War I. This proved to be the last boom for Moxahala.
Around this time a gas company was formed in Moxahala, with controlling interest being held by Mr. Carrol and Mr. Kiener, both of whom were local merchants. Mr. Kiener later assumed total control of the company. In 1926 the company was valued at $3,410.00 according to volume II of Southeastern Ohio and The Muskingum Valley. The company ran until the fifties when customers complained about the irregularity of the amount of gas reaching the homes. This was due to the fact that the gas lines had no regulator on them. The Public Utilities Commission intervened and ordered the company to stop service. Since then Moxahala has been left with no natural gas supplier.
After World War I ended the mines began to close and people began to leave. The two doctors left, the two grist mills closed, as did the two blacksmith shops. The saloons were forced to close because of prohibition But this led to the invention of the speakeasy, and yes even Moxahala had these.
It is said that the favorite speakeasy in Moxahala was the drug store owned and operated by Jack Noe. He was once a telegrapher and if one rapped the counter a certain number o£ times he was ushered into a back room where drinks and cards awaited. At that time it was said to have been one of the busiest establishments in town.
In the early twenties the only jobs were at the Kiener saw mill, on the railroad or farming. Enough people did stay to merit the construction of a new school in Moxahala. It was built on the same site as the two room school it replaced. Construction began in 1923 and was complete ed and opened to classes in 1924. ed
In 1932 the railroad depot at Moxahala closed. Jobs were scarce in Moxahala during the thirties as they were across much of the nation. Many men left Moxahala and went to work in the cities or on Works Progress administration jobs. Some came back while some were never heard from again.
During World War II the Brownfield Mining Company opened the old Ohio Central Mine. This employed some of the area's workers . The coal also served in the war effort. It closed shortly after the war ended.
Shortly after the war ended a monument was erected at the foot of The Moxahala school house hill to honor the men who served with the armed forces during World War II and had resided in Pleasant Township when they went into the service. The monument still stands.
In 1953 Moxahala had a population of 240. It had a combination grocery & hardware, two gas stations, a combination gas station & grocery and a post office.
In 1964 the Kiener store closed after 90 years of serving the community. In 1965 the Peabody Coal Company began to strip mine the coal in and n ear Moxahala. The damage done is still quite evident. After they finished stripping the coal, Peabody, opened a deep mine at Moxahala. This led to an increase in the population of Moxahala as most of the miners were not this area.
In 1975 the town received a trailer to serve as a post office. The new post office is beside the building which had formerly served as the post office,
Today Moxahala is bisected by Route 13, which was built in 1912 as a county road, and nicknamed the Water Bound Pike. Moxahala has two churches, a post office, an elementary school, a gas station, an under ground coal mine and a sharpening service. Moxahala also has a construction company and a mining company.
Moxahala has come from an area which was home only to the Indian to a place which became the home of William Fowler in 1814. It be-came a town in 1873. It has seen the good times when it was a boom town and the hard times yet it survived. What the future of Moxahala will be only time will tell,
Moxahala Trail — This trail crossed the iNIuskin- gum at-Zanesville and made its way through the coun- ty, by Sego, Somerset and Rushville to Lancaster. Zane's Trace approximately followed this pathway. It was however not well defined. The Indian hunter leaving the established beat would naturally take t'le high ridge between Jonathan and Rushcreek. It must
64 HISTORY OF PERRY COUNTY.
"be regarded as a loop from the main Scioto-Beaver Trail. Jonathan's Creek or better the Moxahala was favorite grounds for the Indian hunter. The fact that it ploughs its way through limestone and offers frequent fording places, may be one reason for mak- ing it the crossing of the numerous trails.
The Indian name " Moxahala " means " Elk's Horn." Look at your map and see why they called it by that name.
We can also see why the Jonathan of Judge Spencer's "Legend of the Moxahala" built his rude cave on this creek.
The intersection of the trails afforded him excellent opportunity to wreak his vengeance for the murder of wife and little ones.
The story as told by Mr. Spencer is this: A man living with his family on Otsego Lake in the east, was attacked by the Indians. His wife and children were massacred, his house burned and he himself severely wounded.
After recovering from his wounds, he set out for the west with the fire of revenge burning fiercely in his bosom. He vowed to kill every Indian he could.
On the Moxahala in Madison township he built his hut among the limestones ledges and here with only his faithful dog he watched for the red man from his hiding place. He was discovered and his tragic death is beautifully told by Mr. Spencer in the
"The Last Conflict"
"Judge Spencer's "Legend of the Moxahala"
The sun had set; the crescent moon With halo wan had followed soon;
And Moxahala shadowed o'er By Buckeye, beech and sycamore,
Flow'd gurgling 'neath the gloom of night; And 'tween the leaves and rippled light,
Look'd, trembling, here and there a gleam Of starlight on the dimpling stream.
With piercing glance and noiseless tread, Quick from his hut the hunter fled,
(While Don. as steal thful, keeping nigh Glared fiercely round with savage eye),
For having crossed the woody vale, He came upon an Indian trail,
And all his deadly peril felt; Well did he know the place he dwelt,
Was sought hy Indians far and near — To wreak revenge — for many a year.
The Shawnee chief had tracked the bear. At last, e'en to his hidden lair.
And, stealing from the bosky glen, With half a hundred ruthless men.
Before 'twas his the foe to take. He mentally burned him at the stake For many a murdered warrior's sake.
The red men, feeling sure the prey, Was in his fastness brought to bay.
Closed round the hut on every side; And some the fiery brand applied.
While others, yelling, turn'd to bind The dreadful foe they sought to find.
And rush'd within with tiger-bound — Bitt, lo! no captive there they fourid.
Hark! Ringing on the midnight breeze Afar 'neath labyrinthian trees,
A rifle shrieks with sulphurous breath Sending its message dire with death —
The Shawnee chief with dying whoop, Falls, quivering, midst the motly group.
Ha ! now amazement dumb appals — A sharp report, — another falls —
Q pale-face Chief, away! away! Loud, fierce, resounds the deep-voiced bay
Of ghoulish forms, a horrid pack. That, howling, bound upon your track
-With bow and spear, and gun and knife. And tomahawk to take your life!
Away — away — go, seek the cave Where oft before, your life to save,
With mystery deep, you did elude The hordes that at your back pursued.
Ah, hark! They come with sounding tread And whoops that echo wild and dread!
**(Change of Poetic Structure to every other line Thyme)
Dewy, and fragrant breath'd and pale. Came morn, with wakening voice of bird And bee, and cool leaf-stirring gale, And squirrel's chirp, mid branches heard.
'Twas on a hillside's bluffy edge. Where rocks stuck out with mossy ledge,
Where wavy-scalloped ferns between The fissured rocks grew rich and green.
And delicate flowers to us unknown Save — hid from man — in forests lone,
Bfoom'd 'neath the trees that, arching high. Shut out the azure summer sky.
Where ivy wild and grapevines clung To drooping shrubs that overhung
The lichen'd rocks and shady ground. Beneath the ledge a passage wound,
That, to a cavern dark and small, Led through a jagged, narrow hall.
There Jonathan the night before Escaped the Indians in his flight; He seem'd to vanish — be no more ! And they — with awe and sore affright
And superstitious fancy fraught Deem'd 'twas a demon they had fought. And hied them homeward full of thought.
But Jonathan lay cold and dead, The cavern-floor his rocky bed ;
And on his bosom clotted o'er With oozy drops of clottish gore,
A ball had left its circle red And in his back an arrow-head,
With shaft prortuding, broke in two, Had proved its fatal guidance true.
Yes, Jonathan, the pale-face Chief, Had found at last that sweet relief — Nepenthe for each earthly grief.
And e'en o'er him one mourner kept His vigil — yea, and, haply, wept;
For think not man alone can know The bliss of love, the pang of woe :
With paws upon his master's breast And plaintive howl of deep unrest.
His lonely dog, though all unheard, Implored a look, a loving word.
And lick'd his master's cheek and hand. And seemed to vaguely understand His soul was in a happier land."
Named after Moxahala
Steamboats of the Muskingum-Ohio: "Moxahala!"
Do You Qualify for An Honorary "Doctor of Divinity" from Cambridge Theological Seminary?If you believe God's Word as Stated Above: Probably! (Click for a Free Evaluation!)
>> 1827:The "Hope," a flat bottomed boat, with a wheel at the stern, was the first boat on the Muskingum river that was propelled by steam; it was built by Richard Reeves in 1827-8. The engine was made at the Richmond and Bostwick foundry, by Mr. Nicholson, a machinist from Pittsburgh.
Mr. Reeves also built the "Walhonding," a twenty ton boat intended for low water on the Ohio;
>> 1828: He also launched the "Mary Ann," a fifty ton boat, commanded by Captain Nicholson. She made her trial trip to Coshocton, was successfully floated over the dam, and, on that account, was called "Sam Patch." James Sprague owned this boat.
>> 1829: Captain Wm. Scales built a keel boat which he named "The Rifleman of Zanes- ville ;" these boats ran between Zanesville and Pittsburgh, making the trip each way in from four to six weeks."
>> 1833: The "Zanesville," was built in 1833, by Captain Wm. Scales and John Alter, Jr.. Her machinery was constructed and placed by Messrs. Dare and Ebert. This was "a stern wheeler. Wm. Scales, Captain.
>> 1835: The "Tuscarora," was built in 1835, by the same parties.
>> 1845: The "Muskingum," Frank Cogswell Captain, was built in Zanesville in 1845, by the Bishop Brothers; the machinery by Ebert and Whitaker.
>> 1845: The "Belle Zane" was built a short time previous, and intended for the trade between Zanesville and New Orleans.
During the night of January 8th, 1845, twelve miles below the mouth of White river, in the Mississippi, she struck a snag and sunk. Out of ninety passengers, only fifty escaped drowning, and a number of those who reached the shore froze to death.
Munroe Ayers was Captain and David Hahn engineer of the ill-fated boat — they survived.
>> 1845 - The "Moxahala" was built during 1845; and
the "Putnam," about that time — the latter by
Blue and Robert Hazlett ("Black Bob"), at the foot of Second street, just below the Second street M. E. Church, and launched in the canal. It was a hundred and fifty ton boat. The machinery was made by Ebert and Loudan.
The "Zanesville," (the second by this name) was built in 1846, by Perry Smith.
The "Jenny Lind" was built at McBride's ship yard, (located where the new power house of the city water works now stands), for M. W. Graham & Co. Ebert and Loudan made the machinery. Chas Gallagher was Captain.
The "Phil Dodridge" was built by Bishop & Co., in 1848-9. The machinery by Ebert and Loudan.
The "Independence," the largest and most powerful side wheel steamer of that date — 1850 — was constructed for Beaumont and Hollings- worth. Geo. W. Graham was Captain.
The "Buckeye Belle" was built in 1850, and blown up at Beverly Locks in 1852, when thirty- two persons perished.
The "Ohio" was built in 1853, for the trade between Zanesville and Dresden.
The "Julia Dean" was built at Marietta, about the same time, and brought to Zanesville for her machinery, which was furnished by Ebert & Loudan.
The "Del Norte," a stern wheeler, was built at Zanesville, and made her first trip in 1852 or '53.
The "Daniel Convers" was launched in 1853, and "Emma Graham" in 1855.
Moxahala Colored SchoolS
Moxahala Avenue Colored School No. 4, Miss Mattie Carter, teacher.
Colored School Building, Moxahala avenue — Colored School No. 3, Mr. James A. Guy, teacher ; Colored School No. 4, Miss Rose C. Clinton, teacher.
Soon after the society was organized, a frame church was built on the lot donated by Levi whipple, for church purposes, and on which the society built a brick church in 1830, which was taken down about 1868, to make room for the present commodious church, on the east side of Moxahala avenue. This church is further described in the chapter on churches, as the Moxa- hala Avenue M. E. Church.
MOXAHALA AVENUK MeTHOIHST EPISCOPAL
Church. — ^The records were in the building on the southwest corner of Main street and Putnam avenue, in the custody of Isaac Stires, at the time of the fire that destroyed that building, in the Spring of 1872, and thus the history of the church is largely traditional. We learn that this was one of the oldest churches organized in this section of Ohio — and yet, cannot fix the date of erecting the first building ;
The first Sunday' School, in connection with this church, was organized about 1830, under Jonathan Brelsford, Superintendent ; and, al- though subjected to some trials, has never sus- pended. It is now in a flourishing condition. The officers are : Superintendent, Joseph R. Thomas, assisted by James Curtis. Sherman Adamson is Secretary ; Lillie McDonald, Treas- urer ; Fred Curtis and Florence Drake, Librarians.
Colored Baptist Church
Third Baptist Church, [Colored.] — This church was organized in the old brick school house, on Moxahala avenue, Putnam, August 29th, 1863, by Rev. Isaac Jones, who was also the first pastor, and served the church very ac- ceptably for ten years. He was succeeded by the Rev. Adam Green, who served during 1874 and 1876. Rev. Isaac Jones was again called to the pastorate in 1878, and served two years, when he was succeeded by C. M. J. Clarke^ the present pastor.
The first Deacons were : — John Cook, B. Ter- rill and George Rutes.
The Sabbath School was organized in 1874, with Rev. A. Green as Superijitendent. The school has twenty-five pupils and three teachers,, the pastor superintending.
The building occupied by this congregation was erected in the early part of 1870. It is a one story frame structure, twenty-four by forty feet, situate on Moxahala avenue, between Har- rison and Pierce streets, and cost, with the lot. about $2,500.
The present officers ai"e : — Deacons — John Cook and Henry Ennis. Clerk — F. Palmer.
This church organization is subject to the Eastern Ohio "Anti-Slavery Baptist Associa-
Foundry. — In 1835, Lawson Henry and Jacob Anderson built a foundry, on Moxahala avenue, just north of the Oil Mill. They manufactured all kinds of hollow-ware. In 1845, butt-hinges were manufactured in this building, also ; in- cluding plows. The foundry is still in' operation, and is now owned by Pierce Ratliff.
COPYRIGHT, NewtonStein, Cambridge Theological Seminary™ 1973 © 1973 ©
Ministers-Best-Friend.com is an Absolute, Bible-Believing, Conservative Christian Ministry, seeking to serve the Ministers who serve the LORD JESUS. As such, we provides web-space to a number of Ministries, notably NewtonStein (a Creation-Science-Based Research Group), as well as AMERIPEDIA, BIBLIPEDIA, CHRISTIPEDIA, CATHOLIPEDIA, ISLAMIPEDIA, JUDAEOPEDIA, TEA-PARTY-UNITED, TALK-RADIO-REPUBLICANS, ETC., – seeking to be an outlet for many CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE VOICES who love the LORD JESUS CHRIST ABOVE ALL!
Obviously, all phases of Christianity do not agree doctrinally or politically and sometimes even disagree on the actual facts concerning a particular leader, nation or situation, hence there are well over 10,000 denominations extant.
We neither claim nor present ourselves as having perfect knowledge in all things. Thus views and articles posted on this website are those of their authors – who often insist their identities, denominational, and/or doctrinal persuasion be made known for various reasons – offered to you as wise people of God - Christian Patriots, whatever your nation - to discern for your own judgement and edification.
In the NAME of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Saviour:
Please Visit TOP-TWENTY-FIVE AMERIPEDIA™ Pages  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "SARAH PALIN TOP-100 WEBPAGES!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" – Potential President Marsha Blackburn: TEA-PARTY SUPER-HERO!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Ronald-Reagan Files: The Great Communicator  "AMERIPEDIA™" – Kristi Noem, The New TEA-PARTY-PRINCESS!  "AMERIPEDIA™" – REAGAN REPUBLICAN Michelle Bachmann for President: 2012 or 2020?  "AMERIPEDIA™" – “TEA PARTY PRINCESS” - KRISTI NOEM, BRIEF-BIO  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Barack Obama Files: His Muslim Connections  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-REPUBLICANS HOME PAGE  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TEA-PARTY HISTORY and BACKGROUND  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Conservative Activists: "Who's Who in Christian Conservative Politics?  "AMERIPEDIA™" - SARAH PALIN HOME PAGE: "Winning Big Winning Easy in 2012!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-CONSERVATIVES Home Page: For a Judaeo-Christian America  "AMERIPEDIA™" - The ALL-PRO-ISRAEL-BLOG  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Sarah Palin Blog: The Webs Largest "Pro Sarah Palin Site!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - The "Rush-Recommended Republican Blueprint!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "Rush Limbaugh Quotes" on Christ and Christianity!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - PNN, "PALIN NEWS-NETWORK”: Her Book Sales Set Records!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, Michele Bachmann, BRIEF-BIO!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "Republican Power and Catholics!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "Hall of Faith Christian Activist Ministers, 2nd-half 20th Century "  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "American Bible Catholics!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" – RUSH REPUBLICANS, HOME-PAGE  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Reagan Republicans Home Page  "AMERIPEDIA™" - PRO-LIFE Page  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Michele-Bachmann, TEA PARTY DARLING Causing “Hysteria-on-the-Left!”
"Fair Use" Notice:
Contributions from the best scholars in numerous fields are added to Ministers-Best-Friend.com website daily. Such research papers and articles:
* May not represent the views of Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Have not been peer-reviewed by Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Being a global ministry of huge proportions - yet of mostly retired volunteers (locally) - it is not possible to "verify" every piece that is submitted to us.
* There is not - and never has been - any money, checking or savings account, or any other such fund associated with Ministers-Best-Friend.com or Cambridge Theological Seminary.
* The 160,000-plus page archive (1-1-2001) of Ministers-Best-Friend.com may or may not contain a tiny amount copyrighted news/political reporting material whose use may or may not have been authorized by the copyright owners;
* To the best of our knowledge we believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the web constitutes a "fair use" of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law).
* If readers wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
* "Fair use" notwithstanding, we will immediately comply with any copyright owner who can show our use of such material is not in compliance with the fair Use law.
Thank You for your part in the Global Ministry of Ministers-Best-Friend.com - as of 1-1-2011 - in nearly 200 nations, approaching 40,000 associated Bible Believing Ministers and over 30,000 Ministries.
COPYRIGHT (c) 1977 Cambridge Theological Seminary COPYRIGHT (c) 1965 Cambridge Bible Institute
* Cambridge Theological Seminary USA & Global has no connection or relationship to Cambridge University in England, EXCEPT . . . we in the USA are carrying on their "Christian Values of Hundreds of Years" . . . as they have long since become secular humanists, agnostics and atheists: "Anti-Christ" in almost every way and contrary to every Scripture.
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Dr. D. James Kennedy: Can you be as Bold as Him?
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Cambridge Theological Seminary Office, USA
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Free Ordination-1 by Cambridge Theological Seminary
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Religious Degrees, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: A few Recent Ministry Partners
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary,
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Ministers Main Page
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Home-Based-Ministry: Serve God, Make Money, Save Taxes
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO GENERAL HOME PAGE
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO MINISTERS HOME PAGE
Most Important Questions You'll Ever Answer? Do you understand "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT" - Unearned and Undeserved? "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT!"
Do you know FOR SURE that you have Eternal Life: Here & Now?
"Eternal Life: Here & Now FOR SURE!"
In 'VERY FEW MINUTES' ... you can Know for Certain if you're saved ... or not! In 'TWO MINUTES' - Know if you're Saved or not!
Search Web's Most Comprehensive Christian Site All-Things-Bible, Church, History, Leadership, Psychology, Politics, Science, Health, Sermon Resources, "Starters", Illustrations & Stories, Humor, Quotes, Sermons (Audio & Print) From Ancient Rome, Greece & Jewish History to Latest News Headlines!