Michele Bachmann, Tea-Party Darling!
Chairs the NEW TEA-PARTY CAUCUS in US House!
Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus not designed to be alternative voice to GOP!
Michele Bachmann: Tea Party Darling on the RIGHT! Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus not designed to be alternative voice to GOP leadership
Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann says her newly formed Tea Party Caucus, approved Monday, plans to invite everyday Americans to talk to members about Tea Party issues but has no intention of becoming an alternative, conservative voice to the GOP House leadership.
“No, I don’t see it that way,” Bachmann, of Minnesota, told The Daily Caller when asked if she envisioned the caucus offering a conservative counterpoint to the GOP establishment. “I think it’s really just complementary. … Usually the purposes of the caucuses are to promote an idea or issue — whether it’s the shellfish caucus, the potato caucus, the missile defense caucus. It’s members of Congress who are interested in an idea and they want to promote it. Well, this is no different.”
The idea is for the caucus to bring in “real people from various walks of life” to speak to its members about issues resonating within the Tea Party movement. “Usually we invite experts in,” Bachmann said of other caucuses in the House. “Well, these are experts in just being regular Americans,” she said.
The caucus is quickly evolving: Bachmann filed paperwork at end of last week to form the group, it was approved by House administration Monday, and now, the Minnesota congressman is out recruiting members for Wednesday’s inaugural meeting.
Bachmann was en route by air to Washington when the caucus was approved. “When I flew in, I was handing out invites to members of Congress to invite them to come to our first Tea Party Caucus tomorrow, and it’s all been very positive.”
Bachmann said the idea originated when Republican Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul said that if elected, he would form a caucus in the Senate. “We had heard that on the news and we looked at each other and said, ‘Well, we’re here. Why wait? Lets go ahead and launch one.’ We thought it was a great idea that he had,” she said.
There’s been speculation that the GOP leadership might not be very happy about Bachmann’s caucus, but she said no one in a leadership role tried talking her out of forming the group. “As a matter of fact the very first person to join the Tea Party caucus was a person in leadership, Mike Pence,” she said, referencing the Republican Conference chairman from Indiana.
Interest in joining the caucus has also included candidates who’ve called her office to say they want to be part of it if elected in November.
Asked if her forming of the caucus — which will likely endear her even more to the conservative base — hints to any national aspirations, Bachmann said her “aspiration is to get elected in the next election because I have such a big target on my back from Speaker Pelosi.”
Listing several liberal political organizations who have targeted her for defeat this fall, Bachmann said, “That’s a lot of firepower. Every bit of my effort is coming back this fall.”
"Fair Use" Notice:
Contributions from the best scholars in numerous fields are added to Ministers-Best-Friend.com website daily. Such research papers and articles:
* May not represent the views of Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Have not been peer-reviewed by Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Being a global ministry of huge proportions - yet of mostly retired volunteers (locally) - it is not possible to "verify" every piece that is submitted to us.
* There is not - and never has been - any money, checking or savings account, or any other such fund associated with Ministers-Best-Friend.com or Cambridge Theological Seminary.
* The 160,000-plus page archive of Ministers-Best-Friend.com may or may not contain a tiny amount copyrighted news/political reporting material whose use may or may not have been authorized by the copyright owners;
* To the best of our knowledge we believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the web constitutes a "fair use" of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law).
* If readers wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
* "Fair use" notwithstanding, we will immediately comply with any copyright owner who can show our use of such material is not in compliance with the fair Use law.
Thank You for your part in the Global Ministry of Ministers-Best-Friend.com - as of 1-1-2011 - in nearly 200 nations, approaching 40,000 associated Bible Believing Ministers and over 30,000 Ministries.
COPYRIGHT (c) 1977 Cambridge Theological Seminary COPYRIGHT (c) 1965 Cambridge Bible Institute
* Cambridge Theological Seminary USA & Global has no connection or relationship to Cambridge University in England, EXCEPT . . . we in the USA are carrying on their "Christian Values of Hundreds of Years" . . . as they have long since become secular humanists, agnostics and atheists: "Anti-Christ" in almost every way and contrary to every Scripture.
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Dr. D. James Kennedy: Can you be as Bold as Him?
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Cambridge Theological Seminary Office, USA
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Free Ordination-1 by Cambridge Theological Seminary
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Religious Degrees, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: A few Recent Ministry Partners
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary,
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Ministers Main Page
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Home-Based-Ministry: Serve God, Make Money, Save Taxes
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO GENERAL HOME PAGE
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO MINISTERS HOME PAGE
Most Important Questions You'll Ever Answer? Do you understand "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT" - Unearned and Undeserved? "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT!"
Do you know FOR SURE that you have Eternal Life: Here & Now?
"Eternal Life: Here & Now FOR SURE!"
In 'VERY FEW MINUTES' ... you can Know for Certain if you're saved ... or not! In 'TWO MINUTES' - Know if you're Saved or not!
Search Web's Most Comprehensive Christian Site All-Things-Bible, Church, History, Leadership, Psychology, Politics, Science, Health, Sermon Resources, "Starters", Illustrations & Stories, Humor, Quotes, Sermons (Audio & Print) From Ancient Rome, Greece & Jewish History to Latest News Headlines!