An INTERIOR DECORATOR
CRITIQUES the BIBLES!
Gail Riplinger, INTRO:
Gail Anne Riplinger was brought into this world by God in 1947. Gail Riplinger is an American writer and speaker known for her support of the King-James-Only movement.
Gail Riplinger Bible comparisons;
Her education and degrees, strangely enough for a Bible critique expert, are:
- a B.A., (1978) in “Interior Design”,
- an M.A. (1979) in “Home Economics,”
- an M.F.A. (1983) “Art.”
In 1993, Riplinger wrote what she calls a comparison of popular Bible translations to the King James Version, New Age Bible Versions.
She also has written:
- The Language of the King James Bible,
- Which Bible is God's Word,
- In Awe of Thy Word,
- The Hidden History of the English Scriptures,
- Blind Guides,
- Hazardous Materials: Greek and Hebrew Study Dangers.
Gail Riplinger has spoken out against the people behind the modern versions of the Bible. She supports the manuscripts used in producing the King James Bible, and criticises the Alexandrian Texts manuscripts which are the root texts for most other modern bibles.
Critics say Gail Riplinger has misquoted and misused the works of others. S. E. Schnaiter reviewed her book, New Age Bible Versions, and said,
- "Riplinger appears to be another of those who rush to [the KJV's] defense,
- alarmed by the proliferation of its modern rivals,
- armed with nothing more than the blunderbuss of ad hominem apologetic,
- when what is needed is the keenness of incisive evaluation."
Gail Riplinger alleges to list the ways in which she says the KJV root manuscripts are superior to other translations. In her discussion of the vocabulary of the KJV, she points out that "defame" and "dispensation" are based on Latin roots, which, she says, are more easily understood by readers who speak Spanish, French, and Italian.
She says some words and phrases in the NKJV and other versions are errors, subjectively comparing them to the KJV text, by using her own methods.
Gail Riplinger, Bibliography;
- Riplinger, Gail (1993). New Age Bible Versions: An Exhaustive Documentation of the Message, Men & Manuscripts Moving Mankind to the Antichrist's One World Religion.
- Monroe Falls, Ohio: A.V. Publications. ISBN 0-9635845-0-2.
- Riplinger, Gail (1998). The Language of the King James Bible. Ararat, VA: A. V. Publications.
- Riplinger, Gail (2004). In Awe of Thy Word: Understanding the King James Bible Its Mystery and History Letter by Letter. Ararat, Va.: A.V. Publications Corp. ISBN 0-9635845-2-9.
Gail Riplinger, References;
- Schnaiter, S. E. (1997) "Review Article New Age Bible Versions." Detroit Baptist Seminary Journal 02:1. p. 108
- Riplinger, Gail. (1998) The Language of the King James Bible, p. 64. Ararat, VA: A. V. Publications.
- Riplinger, Gail. (1998) The Language of the King James Bible, p. 151. Ararat, VA: A. V. Publications.
Gail Riplinger, External links[