Dr. Myles Munroe was brought into this world by God on April 20, 1954.
Dr. Myles Munreo is the president and founder of the Bahamas Faith Ministries International (BFMI) and Myles Munroe International (MMI), for Christian growth and resources that includes leadership training institutes, a missions agency, a publishing company, a television network, radio and Web communications, and a church community.
Dr. Myles Munroe is chief executive officer and chairman of the board of the International Third World Leaders Association and president of the International Leadership Training Institute. He is the author of 23 books and is a motivational speaker.
Myles Munroe was born in Nassau, Bahamas in 1954 and has been a lifetime resident of the Bahamas. He has degrees in fine arts, education and theology from Oral Roberts University (1978), a Master’s degree in administration from the University of Tulsa(1980), and he has been awarded a number of honorary doctoral degrees.
He has also served as an adjunct professor
of the Graduate School of Theology at Oral Roberts University. His wife, Ruth
Munroe is co-pastor with him at BFMI. He has a son Chairo (Myles Jr.) and
daughter Charisa and says that his family is his greatest responsibility and
his marriage his most sacred trust.
Today, Dr. Munroe is a pastor, teacher, administrator, author and motivational speaker. He travels throughout the world as a speaker addressing governments leaders, businesses, schools/universities and church congregations.
He personally addresses over 500,000 people each year on personal and professional development, and he receives hundreds of invitations every year to speak worldwide.
Sadly, in our way of thinking, hos many speaking engagements are on PERSONAL-&-PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT . . . RATHER THAN . . . Evangelism, Soul Winning, Fasting and Prayer, Church Planting, Christian Missions, etc.,
Dr. Munroe has appeared on Benny Hinn's This Is Your Day program, where he spoke about the Kingdom of God.
Dr. Munroe places an emphasis on the Kingdom of God and believes that the whole Bible, along with the message of Jesus, revolved around the kingdom and not a religion.
He has said,
Myles Munroe is the author or coauthor of over 100 books, study guides, and audio tapes currently in print, and he is a contributing writer for various Bible editions, journals, magazines, and newsletters, such as The Believer’s Topical Bible, The African Cultural Heritage Topical Bible, Charisma Life Christian Magazine, and Ministries Today.
His works cover Christian interpretations of the Kingdom of God as well as guidance on love, sex, family relationships, and finances. His works are written in English, Spanishand Portuguese. His most popular works include:
• Myles Munroe on Relationship
• Pass it On
• Kingdom Principles: Preparing for Kingdom Experience and Expansion
• Rediscovering the Kingdom
• The Most Important Person on Earth
• Understanding Your Potential
• Waiting and Dating
• The Spirit of Leadership
• The Principles and Power of Vision
• Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer
• Understanding the Purpose and Power of Woman
• Understanding the Purpose and Power of Men
• God's Big Idea
• Overcoming The Crisis
• Principles and Benefits of Change
• Releasing Your Potential
In 1998, Dr. Munroe was awarded the Silver Jubilee Award for providing twenty five years of outstanding service to the Bahamas in the category of Religion.
Also in 1998, Myles Munroe was named to the Queen's Birthday Honours 1998, OBE.
In 2004, he was named the Oral Roberts University Alumnus of the year and has an honorary doctorate from them.
• Bahamas Faith Ministry International home page
• Myles Munroe International home page
• Myles Munroe Official Facebook home page
• Myles Munroe Official Twitter home page
• Myles Munroe Blog
1. ^ "The Purpose Driven Life of Myles Munroe", Oral Roberts University alumnus of the year, 2004
2. ^ a b "As We Know Him Today" - Dr. Myles Munroe
3. ^ YouTube - Rediscovering the Kingdom - Part 1 of 12
4. ^ Philomena Njeri Mwaura, "Nigerian Pentecostal Missionary Enterprise in Kenya", Religion, History and Politics in Nigeria, University Press of America, 2005, p 246 et seq
5. ^ Amazon.com search on author Myles Munroe