JAAKAN 531 JACOB
JA-A-KAN, JA-KAN, ]^y.: intelligent.
He is called Akan in Gen. 36. 27 ; a son of Ezer son of
Seir. B.C. 1780.
Deut 10. 6 from Beeroth of the children of J. to Mo.
i Ch. i. 42 sous of Ezer ; Billian, and Zavan, (and) J.
JA -A-KO -BAH, napJP to Jacob.
A descendant of Simeon, third sou of Jacob. B.C. 1048.
i Ch. 4. 36 Elioenai, and J., and Jeshohaiah, and A.
JA-A -LA, Ja-a -lah, N^;, nS,: elevation.
A servant of Solomon whose descendauts returned from
exile with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536.
Ezra 2. 56 The children of J., the children of Darkon
Neh. 7. 58 The children of J., the children of Darkon
JAA -LAM, oty:. A son of Seir by Aholibamah, daughter of Anah. B.C.
Gen. 36. 5 Aholibamah bare Jeush, and J., andKo.
36. 14 she bare to Esau Jeush, and J., and Korah
36. 18 duke Jeush, duke J., duke Koran : these
i Ch. i. 35 The sons of Esau. .Jeush, and J., and K.
JAA -NAI, ft ! ansiverer.
A Gadite that dwelt iu Baashan. B.C. 1070.
1 Ch. 5. 12 Joel the chief, .and J., and Shaphat in B.
JA-A-RE O-RE -GIM, D riN njr foresters.
The father of Elhanan who killed the brother of Goliath
ofGath. B.C. 1080. OREGIM, "weavers," ought not to
be a part of the name. In i Ch. 20. 5 he is called Jair.
2 Sa. 21. 10 where Elhanan the son of J., a Bethlehe.
JA-A -SATT, ^.:
mnj;er [V.L. li?J7 ].
One of the family of Bani who had taken a strange wife
after the captivity. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 37 Mattaniah, Mattenai, and J.
JA-A-SI -EL, JA-SI -EL, "rN tr;?: (jo<l is maker.
1. One of David s valiant men. B.C. 1048.
i Ch. ii. 47 Eliel, and Obed, and J. the Mesobaite
2. A son of Abner, Saul s cousin. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.27- 21 son of Zechariah: of Benjamin; J. the son
JA-A-ZAN -IAH, irvjjg:, n;:i& Jah is hearing.
1. A Jewish captain, and a Maachathtte. B.C. 588.
2 Ki. 25. 23 J. the son of a Maachathlte, they and their
2. A chief Rechabite. B.C. 600.
Jer. 35. 3 Then I took J. the son of Jeremiah, the
3. A visionary exciting to idolatry. B.C. 594.
Eze. 8. ii in the midst of them stood J. the son of
4. A wicked prince of Judah seen in vision by Ezekiel.
Eze. ii. i amongwhomI saw J. the son of Azur, and
JA-A -ZER, JA -ZEK, Tiij,:, iiy: fortified.
A city in Gilead, wrested from the Ammonites, allotted
to Gad, and given to the Levites. It afterwards fell to
Moal), and was celebrated for its wine. It is now in
ruins, and called Szir six hours from Heshbon, and four
Num2i. 32 Moses sent to spy out J., and they took
32. i when they saw the land of J., and the
32. 3 Ataroth, and Dibon, and J., and Nimrah
32. 35 And Atroth, Shophau, and J., and Jogbe.
Josh 13. 25 their coast was J., and all the cities of G.
21. 39 Heshbon with her suburbs, J. with her
2 Sa. 24. 5 midst of the river of Gad, and toward J.
i Ch. 6. 81 Hesbon with her suburbs, and J. with her
26. 31 there were found, .mighty men. .at J. of
Isa. 16. 8 they are come (even) unto J., they wand.
1 6. 9 I will bewail with the weeping of J. the
Jer. 48. 32 will weep for thee with the weeping of J.
48. 32 they reach (even) to the sea of J. : the sp.
JA-A-Z-I AH, I.TTJ;.: Jah is determining.
A descendant of Merari in the dsvys of Solomon. B.C.
i Ch.24- 26 Mahli and Mushi : the sons of J. ; Beuo
24. 27 The sons of Merari by J. ; Beno, and Sho.
JA-A-ZI -EL, Vx UP. (ind is determining.
A Levite iu the time of David. B.C. 1015. He is called
Aziel in i Ch. 15. 20.
i Ch.is. 18 Zechariah, Ben, and J., and Shemiramoth
TA -BAL, *ra; moving.
A son of Adah, one of Lamech s wives. B.C. 3870.
Gen. 4. 20 Adah bare J. : he was the father of such
JAB -BOK, pa; running, flowing.
A small brook rising in the hills of Bashan, forming
the border of Ammon towards Israel, opposite Shechem,
and falling into the Jordan midway between the Dead
Sea and the Sea of Tiberias. Now called Wady Zerka.
Gen. 32. 22 he rose up. .and passed over the ford J.
Nuni2i. 24 and possessed his land fromArnon unto J.
Deut. 2. 37 earnest not. . unto any place of the river J.
3. 16 the border even unto the river J., (which
Josh 12. 2 Sihon . . ruled . . even unto the river J.
Judgn. 13 Israel took away my land, .even unto J.
ii. 22 theypossessed all the coasts, .even unto J.
JA -BESH, era; dry place.
1. The abbreviated name of Jabesh-Gilead.
i Sa. ii. i all the men of J. said unto Nahash, Make a
it. 3 the elders of J. said unto him ; Give us
xi. & they told him the tidings of the men of J.
i Sa. 1 1 . 9 came aud showed (it) to the men of J. ; and
ii. 10 Therefore the men of J. said, To morrow
31. 12 All the valiant men arose, .and came to J.
31. 13 they, .buried (them) under a tree at J.
1 Ch.io. 12 They arose, .and brought them to J.
10. 12 and buried their bones under the oak in J.
2. The father of Shallum who slew Zechariah and reigned
in his stead. B.C. Sio.
2 Ki.is. 10 Shallum the son of J. conspired against him
15. 13 Shallum the sou of J. began to reign in the
15. 14 Menahem. .smote Shallum the sou of J. in
JA-BESH GIL -EAD, IJ^J Bb; or IP 3;.
A city in Gad, on a river of the same name, near Bethshean,
six miles from Pelln towards Gerasha. Its name
is preserved in the Wady Jabes (or Yabes), which enters
the Jordan below Bethshan and Scythopolis. Perhaps
Ed-Deir on the S. of the Wady still marks its site.
Judg2i. 8 behold, there came, .to the camp from J.
21. 9 (there were) none of the inhabitants of J.
21. 10 Go and smite the inhabitants of J. with
21. 12 And they found among . .inhabitants of J.
21.14 they had saved alive of the women of J.
1 Sa. ii. i the Ammonite, .encamped against J. :and
11. 9 Thus shall ye say unto the men of J., To in.
31. ii when the inhabitants of J. heard of that
2 Sa. 2. 4 the men of J. (were they) tnat buried Sa.
2. 5 David sent messengers unto the men of J.
21. 12 took . . the bones . . from the men of J., wh.
i Ch.io. ii J. heard all that the Philistines had done
JA -BEZ, fay; height.
1. A city 01 Jiidah ; but not yet identified.
i Ch. 2. 55 families of the scribes which dwelt at J.
2. The head of a family of the tribe of Judah. B.C 1444.
1 Ch. 4. 9 J. was more honourable than his brethren
4. 9 his mother called his name J., saying, Be.
4. 10 J. called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh
JA -BIN, pa; intelligent.
1. A king of Hazor, defeated by Joshua near the Lake
Merom. B.C. 1450.
Josh. 1 1. i when J. king of Hazor had heard (those
2. Another king of Hazor, who oppressed Israel for
twenty years ; and whose army was defeated by Deborah
and Barak. B.C. 1316.
Judg. 4. 2 the LORD sold them into the hand of J.
4. 7 I will draw unto thee. .the captain of J. s
4. 17 (there was) peace between J. the king of
4. 23 God subdued on that day J. the king of C.
4. 24 Israel prospered, and prevailed against J.
4. 24 until they had destroyed J. king of Canaan
Psa. 83. 9 as (to) Sisera, as (to) J., at the brook of K.
JAB-NE -EL, yNja; God is builder.
1. A city iu the S.W. of Judah, now called Jebna, one
hour N.W. of Altar or Ekron.
Josh. 1 5. ii and the border, .went out unto J.; and
2. A border city of Naphtali S. of the Sea of Galilee ; it
is called Jamnia or Jamnih by Josephus.
Josh. 19. 33 And their coast was from.. J., unto Lakum
JAB -NEH, rua; building.
A Philistine city between Joppa and Ashdod, afterwards
called Jamnia or Jamneia, 240 stadia from Jerusalem,
and 12 miles from Diospolis on the Mediterranean, now
called Jebna, 2 miles from the sea shore.
2 Ch 26. 6 the wall of J. , and the wall of Ashdod, and
JA -CHAN, ||J?: afflicting.
The head of a Gadite family. B.C. noo.
r Ch. 5. 13 and Jorai, and J., and Zia, and Heber, sev.
JA -CHIN, f?; founding.
1. A son of Simeon. B.C. 1700. Called Jareb i Ch. i. 24.
Gen. 46. 10 and J., -and Zohar, andShaul the son of a
Exod. 6. 15 and J., and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a
Nuni26. 12 of J., the family of the Jachinites
2. The name of a pillar in Solomon s temple.
1 Ki. 7. 21 right pillar, and called the name thereof J.
2 Ch. 3.17 called the name of that on . . right hand J.
3. A priest in Jerusalem after the captivity. B.C. 445.
i Ch. 9. 10 the priests ; Jedaiah, and Jehoiarib, and J.
Neh. 1 1. 10 the priests : Jedaiah the son of Joiarib, J.
4. A head of one of the families of the sons of Aaron.
i Ch.24. 17 The one and twentieth to J., the two and
JA-CHI KITE, T:TI the Jachinite.
The patronymic of the family of Jachin, a Simeonite.
Nuni26. 12 of Jachin, the family of the J.
JACINTH, or of JACINTH
Jacinth, vaxivdos huakinthos, toaKivQivos hualdnthi.
Rev. 9. 17 having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth
21 20 the eleventh, a jacinth ; the twelfth, an
JA -COB, 3 py.:, following after, sitpplanter, Iatfco/3.
1. The second son of Isaac and Rebekah, and a twin
brother of Esau. B.C. 1770.
Gen. 25. 26 on Esau s heel ; and his name was called J.
25. 27 and J. (was) a plain man, dwelling in tents
25. 28 Isaac loved Esau, .but Rebekah loved J.
25. 29 J. sod pottage : and Esau came from the
25. 30 Esau said to J., Feed me, I pray thee, with
25. 31 J. said, Sell me this day thy birth right
25. 33 J. said, Swear to me this day; and he sware
25. 33 and he sold his birth right unto J.
25. 34 J. gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles
27. 6 Rebekah spake unto J. her son, saying
27. ii J. said to Rebekah his mother. Behold, E.
Gen. 27. 15 and put them upon J. her younger son
27. 17 and the bread . . into the hand of her son J,.
27. 19 J. said unto his father, I (arn) Esau thy
27. 21 Isaac said unto .).,Come near, I pray thee
27. 22 J. went near unto Isaac his father ; and
27. 22 The voice(is) J. s voice, but the hands(are)
27. 30 had made an end of blessing J., and J.
27. 36 Is not he rightly named J.? for he hath
27. 41 Esau hated J. because of the blessing
27. 41 are at hand ; then will I slay my brother J.
27. 42 called J. her younger son, and sakt .into
27. 46 if J. take a wife of the daughters c; /leth
28. i Isaac called J., and blessed him, and char.
28. 5 Isaac sent away J. : and he went to Padan
28. 5 brother of Rebekah, J. s and Esau s moth.
28. 6 Esau saw that Isaac had blessed J., and
28. 7 J. obeyed his father and his mother, and
28. 10 J. went out from Beer-sheba and went
28. 16 J. awaked out of his sleep, and he said
28. 1 8 J. rose up early in the morning, and took
28. 20 J. vowed a vow, saying, If God will be
29. i J. went on his journey, and came into the
29. 4 J. said unto them, My brethren, whence
29. 10 J. saw Rachel the daughterof Laban his
29. 10 J. went near, and rolled the stone from
29. ii J. kissed Rachel, and lifted up his voice
29. 12 J. told Rachel that he (was) her father s
29. 13 heard the tidings of J. his sister s son
29. 15 Laban said unto J., Because thou (art) my
29. 18 J. loved Rachel ; and said, I will serve
29. 20 J. served seven years for Rachel ; and
29. 21 J. said unto Laban, Give (me) my wife, for
29. 28 J. did so, and fulfilled her week : and
30. i Rachel saw that she bare J. no children
30. i said unto J., Give me children, or else I
30. 2 J. s anger was kindled against Rachel
30. 4 handmaid to wife : and J. went in unto
30. 5 And Bilhah conceived, and bare J. a son
30. 7 conceived again, and liare J. a second son
30. 9 Zilpah her maid, and gave her J. to wife
30. 10 And Zilpah, Leah s maid, bare J. a son
30. 12 And Zilpah, Leah s maid, bare J. a second
30. 1 6 J. came out of the field in the evening
30. 17 she conceived, and bare J. the fifth son
30. 19 conceived again, and bare J. the sixth son
30. 25 J. said unto Laban, Send me away, that I
30. 31 J. said, Thou shalt not give me anything
30. 36 journey betwixt himself and J.: and J.
30. 37 J. took him rods of green poplar, and of
30. 40 J. did separate the lambs, and set the faces
30. 41 J. laid the rods before the eyes of the
30. 42 feebler were Laban s, and the stronger J. s
31. i J. hath taken away all that (was) our la.
31. 2 J. beheld the countenance of Laban, and
31. 3 the LCKD said unto J., Return unto the
31. 4 J. sent and called Rachel and Leah to the
31. ii angel, .spake unto me in a dream, (say.^),J.
31. 17 J. rose up, and set his sons and his wives
31. 20 J. stole away unawares to Laban the Sy.
31. 22 told Labau on the third day that J. . .fled
31. 24, 29 thou speak not to J. either good or
31. 25 Laban overtook J. Now J. had pitched
31. 26 Laban said to J., What hast thou done
31. 31 J. answered and said to Labau, Because I
31. 32 J. knew not that Rachel had stolen them
31. 33 Laban went into J. s tent, and into Leah s
31. 36 J. was wroth . . chode with Labau : and J.
31. 43 And Laban answered and said unto J.
31. 45 J. took a stone, and set it up (for) a pillar
31. 46 J. said unto his brethren, Gather stones
31. 47 Jegar-saha-dutha : but J. called it Galeed
31. 51 Laban said to J. Behold this heap, and
31. 53 J. sware by the fear of his father Isaac
31. 54 J. offered sacrifice upon the mount, and
32. i J. went on his way, and the angels of God
32. 2 when J. saw them, he said, This (is) God s
32. 3 J. sent messengers before him to Esau
32. 4 J. saith thus, I have sojourned with Lab.
32. 6 the messengers returned to J., saying, We
32. 7 J. was greatly afraid and distressed : and
32. 9 J. said, O God of my father Abraham, and
32. 1 8 (They be) thy servant J. s; it (is) a present
32. 20 J. (is) behind us. For he said, I will ap.
32. 24 J. was left alone ; and there wrestled a
32. 25 the hollow of J. s thigh was out of joint
32. 27 said .. What (is) thy name? And he said, J.
32. 28 Thy name shall be called no more J., but
32. 29 J. asked (him), and said, Tell (me), I pray
32. 30 J. called the name of the place Peniel
32. 32 he touched the hollow of J. s thigh in
33. i J. lifted up his eyes, and looked, and
33. 10 J. said, Nay, I pray thee, if now I have
33- 17 J- journeyed to Succoth, and built him an
33. 18 J. came to Shalem a city of Shechem
34. i daughter of Leah, which she bare unto J.
34. 3 soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of J
34. 5 J. heard that he had defiled Dinah his
34. 5 J. held his peace until they were come
34. 6 went out unto J. to commune with him
34. 7 the sous of J. came out of the field wnen
34. 7 wrought folly, .in lying with J. s daugh.
34. 13 the sons of J. answered Shechem and H.
34. 19 he had delight in J. s daughter: and he
34. 25 that two of the sons of J., Simeon and L.
34. 27 The sons of J. came upon the slain, and
34. 30 J. said to Simeon and Levi, Ye have tro.
35. i God said unto J., Arise, go up to Beth-el
35. 2 J. said unto his household, and to all
35. 4 they gave unto J. all the strange gods
35. 4 J. hid them under the oak which (was)
35. 5 they did not pursue after the sons of J.
35. 6 J. came to Luz, which (is) in the land of
JACOB 532 JAHDAI
Gen. 35. 9 God appeared unto J. again, when he came
35. 10 J. . .mime shall not be called any more J.
35. 14 J. set up a pillar iu the place where he
35. 15 J. called the name of the place where G.
35. 20 J. set a pillar upon her grave : that (is)
35. 22 Now the sons of J. were twelve
35. 23 J. s first Itoru, and Simeon, and Levi, anil
35. 26 these (are) the sous of J., which were born
35. 27 J. came unto Isaac his father unto Mamre
35. 29 died, .and his sons Esau aud J. buried
36. 6 and went, .from the face of. . J.
37. i J. dwelt iu the laud wherein his father
37. 2 These (are) the generations of J. Joseph
37. 34 J. rentMs clothes.tand put sackcloth upon
42. i J. saw that there was corn in Egypt, J.
42. 4 Benjamin. .J. sent not with his brethren
42. 29 they came unto J. their father unto the
42. 36 J. their father said unto them, Me have
45. 25 and came into. .Canaan unto J. their fat.
45. 26 J. s heart fainted, for he believed them
45. 27 the spirit of J. their father revived
46. 2 in the visions of the night, and said, J., J.
46. 5 And J. rose up from Beer-sheba
46. 5 the sons of Israel carried J. their father
46. 6 into Egypt, J., and all his seed with him
46. 8 Into Egypt, J. and his sons: Reuben, J. s
40. 15 sons, .which she bare unto J. in Padan-a.
46. 1 8 these she bare unto J., (even) sixteen so.
46. 19 The sous of Rachel, J. s wife ; Joseph
46. 22 the sons of Rachel, which were horn to J.
46. 25 she bare these unto J. : all the souls (we.)
46. 26 the souls that came with J. into Egypt
46. 26 besides J. s sons wives, all the souls (we.)
46. 27 the souls of the house of J., which came
47. 7 Joseph brought in J. his father, und set
47. 7,10 before Pharaoh : and J. blessed 1 ha.
47. 3 And Pharaoh said unto J., How old (art)
47. 9 J. said unto Pharaoh, The days of the
47. 28 J. lived in the land of Egypt seventeen
47. 28 the whole age of J. was an hundred forty
48. 2 (one) told J., and said, Behold, thy sou J.
48. 3 J. said unto Joseph, God Almighty appe.
49. i J. called unto his sons, aud said, Gather
49. 2 hear, ye sons of J.; and hearken unto Is.
49. 7 I will divide them in J., and scatter them
49. 24 strong by. .hands of the mighty (G.)of J.
49. 33 J. had made an end of commanding his
50. 24 he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to J.
Exod. i. i every man and his household came with J.
1. 5 souls that came out of the loins of J.
2. 24 with Abraham, with Isaac, and with J.
3. 6 I (am). .God of Isaac, and the God of J.
3. 15 and the God of J., hath sent rue unto you
3. 16 the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of J.
4. 5 and the God of J., hath appeared unto
6. 3 appeared unto Abraham . . Isaac, and . . J.
6. 8 to give it to Abraham, to Isaac, and to J.
19. 3 Thus shalt thou say to the house of J., and
33. i I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to J.
Lev. 26. 42 Then will I remember my covenant with J.
Xumj :. 1 1 sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and. . J.
Deut. i. 8 unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and J.
6. 10 fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to J.
9. 5 unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and J.
9. 27 Remember thy servants, Ab. Isaac, and J.
29. 13 fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, aud to J.
30. 20 fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to J.
34. 4 sware unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and. . J.
Josh 24. 4 I gave unto Isaac J. and Esau : and I gave
24. 4 J. and his children went down into Egypt
24. 32 a parcel of ground which J. bought of the
i Sa. 12. 8 \Vhen J. was come into Egypt, and your
2Ki. 13. 23 his covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and J.
Mai. i. 2 J. s brother? saith the LORD; yet I loved J.
Matt. i. 2 Isaac begat J. ; and J, begat Judas and
8. ii sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and J.
22. 32 and the God of Isaac, and the God of J. ?
Marki2. 26 and the God of Isaac, aud the God of J.?
Luke i. 33 shall reign over the house of J. for ever
3. 34 Which was (the son) of J., which was (the
13. 28 J., and all the prophets, in the kingdom
20. 37 and the God of Isaac, and the God of J.
John 4. 5 of ground that J. gave to his son Joseph
4. 6 J. s well was there. Jesus therefore, being
4. 12 Art thou greater than our father J., which
Acts 3. 13 God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of J.
7. 8 and Isaac (begat) [J.] ; and J. (begat) the
7. 12 J. heard that there was corn in Egypt, he
7. 14 called his father [J.] to (him), and all his
7. 15 J. went down into Egypt, and died, he,and
7. 32 and the God of Isaac, and the God of J.
7. 46 to find a tabernacle for the God of J.
Rom. 9. 13 J. have I loved, but Esau have I hated
ii. 26 and shall turn away ungodliness from J.
Heb. ii. 9 dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and J.
ii. 20 Isaac blessed J. and Esau concerning th.
n. 21 J., when he was a dying, blessed both the
2. The father of Joseph the husband of Mary.
Matt. i. 15 Eleazar begat Matthan..Matthan begat J.
i. 16 J. begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of
The descendants of Jacob ; the Israelites.
Nuai23. 7 Come, curse me J., and come, defy Israel
33. 10 Who can count the dust of J., and the
3- 21 He hath not beheld iniquity in J., neither
23. 23 (there is) no enchantment against J., ne.
23. 23 time it shall be said of J. and of Israel
24. 5 How goodly are thy tents, O J., (and) thy
24. 17 there shall come a Star out of J., and a
24. 19 Out of J. shall come he that shall have
Deut 32. 9 J. (is) the lot of his inheritance
Deut 33. 4 the inheritance of the congregation of J.
33. 10 They shall teach J. thy judgments, and
33. 28 the fountain of J. (shall be) upon a land
2 Sa. 23. i the anointed of the God of J., and the
1 Ki. 1 8. 31 number of the tribes of the sous of J.
2 Ki. 17. 34 the LORD commanded the children of J.
i Oh. 16. 13 ye children of J., his chosen ones
16. 17 hath confirmed the same to J. for a law
Psa. 14. 7 J. shall rejoice, (and) Israel shall be glad
20. i the name of the God of J. defend thee
22. 23 the seed of J., glorify him ; and fear him
24. 6 that seek him, that seek thy fac j, O J.
44. 4 King.O God : command deliverances for J.
46. 7, 1 1 with us ; the God of J. (is) our refuge
47. 4 for us, the excellency of J., whom he loved
53. 6 J. shall rejoice, (and) Israel shall be glad
59. 13 let them know that God ruleth in J. unto
75. 9 But. .1 will sing praises to the God of J.
76. 6 O God of J., both the chariot and horse
77. 15 thy people, the sons of J. aud Joseph
78. 5 For he established a testimony in J., <1nd
78. 21 a fire was kindled against J., and anger
78. 71 he brought him to feed J. his people, and
79. 7 they have devoured J., and laid waste his
81. i make a joyful noise unto the God of J.
81. 4 for Israel, (and) a law of the God of J.
84. 8 hear my prayer : give ear, O God of J.
85. i thou hast brought back the captivity of J
87. 2 Zion more than all the dwellings of J.
94. 7 neither shall the God of J. regard (it)
99. 4 executest judgment, .righteousness in J.
105. 6 his servant, ye children of J. his chosen
105. 10 confirmed the same unto J. for a law, (and)
105. 23 and J. sojourned in the land of Ham
114. i the house of J. from a people of strange
114. 7 the Lord, at the presence of the God of J.
132. 2 (and) vowed unto the mighty (God) of J.
132. 5 an habitation for the mighty (God) of J.
135. 4 LOUD hath chosen J. unto himself, (and)
146. 5 (he) that (hath) the God of J. for his help
147. 19 He showeth his word unto J., his statutes
Isa. 2. 3 of the LORD, to the house of the God of J.
2. 5 house of J. .come ye and let us walk in
2. 6 hast forsaken thy people the house of J.
8. 17 that hideth his face from the house of J.
9. 8 The Lord bent a word into J., and it hath
10. 20 such as are escaped of the house of J.
10. 21 remnant shall return, .the remnant of J.
14. i the LORD will have mercy on J., and will
14. i and they shall cleave to the house of J.
17. 4 the glory of J. shall be made thin, and
27. 6 cause them that come of .). to take root
27. 9 shall the iniquity of J. be purged ; and
20. 22 concerning the house of J. , J. shall
29. 23 sanctify the holy one of J., and shall fear
40. 27 Why sayest thou, J., and speakest, O
41. 8 J. whom I have chosen, the seed of Abra.
41. 14 Fear not, thou worm J., (and)ye men of 1.
41. 21 your strong (reasons), saith the King of J.
42. 24 Who gave J. for a spoil, and Israel to the
43. i saith the LORD that created thee, J.
43. 22 thou hast not called upon me, O J. ; but
43. 28 have given J. to the curse, and Israel to
44. i hear, O J. my servant ; and Israel, whom
44. 2 Fear not, O J., my servant ; aud thou, J.
44. 5 another shall call (himself) by . . name>f J.
44. 21 Remember these, O J. and Israel ; for
44. 23 the LORD hath redeemed J., and glorified
45. 4 For J. my servant s sake, and Israel mine
45. 19 I said not unto the seed of J., Seek ye me
46. 36 house of J. and all the remnant of the
48. i Hear ye this, O house of J., which are
48. 12 Hearken unto me, O J. and Israel, my
48. 20 The LOUD hath redeemed his servant J.
49. 5 (be) his servant, to bring J. again to him
49. 6 my servant to raise up the tribes of J.
49. 26 and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of J.
58. i show my people, .the house of J. their
58. 14 feed, .with the heritage of J. thy father
59. 20 them that turn from transgression in J.
60. 16 thy Redeemer, the mighty One of J.
65. 9 I will bring forth a seed out of J., and
Jer. 2. 4 O house of J., and all the families of the
5. 20 Declare this in the house of J., and publ.
10. 16 The portion of J. is not like them : for
10. 25 they have eaten up J., and devoured him
30. 7 it (is) even the time of J. s trouble.
30. 10 fear thou not, O my servant J., saith the
30. 10 J. shall return, and shall be in rest, and
30. 18 bring again the captivity of J. s tents
31. 7 Sing with gladness for J., and shout among
31. ii the LORD hath redeemed J., and ransom.
33. 26 Then will I cast away the seed of J.
33. 26 the seed of Abraham, and Isaac, and J.
46. 27 fear not thou, O my servant J., and be not
46. 27 J. shall return, and be in rest and
46. 28 Fear thou not, J. my servant, saith the
51. 19 The portion of J. (is) not like them : for
Lam. i. 17 the LORD hath commanded concerning J.
2. 2 swallowed up all the habitations of J.
2. 3 he burned against J. like a flaming fire
Eze. 20. 5 lifted up mine hand unto the seed of . . J.
28. 25 land that I have given to my servant J.
37. 25 laud that I have given unto J. my servant
39. 25 Now will I bring again the captivity of J.
Hos. 10. n shall plow, (and) J. shall break his clods
12. 2 and will punish J. according to his ways
12. 12 And J. fled into the country of Syria : and
Amos 3. 13 testify in the house of J., saith the Lord
6. 8 I abhor the excellency of J., and hate his
7. 2 by whom shall J. arise? for he (is) small
7. 5 by whom shall J. arise ? for he (is) small
Amos S. 7 LORD hath sworn by the excellency of J
9. 8 will not utterly destroy the house of J
Obad. 10 For (thy) violence against thy brother J.
17 house of J. shall possess their possessions
18 the house of J. shall be a fire, and the
Mic. i. 5 For the transgression of J. (is) all this
1. 5 What (is) the transgression of J. ?. (i.s it)
2. 7 (thou that art) named The housefbf J., is
2. 12 I will surely assemble, O J., all of thee
3. i Hear, I pray you, O heads of J., and ye
3. 8 to declare unto J. his transgression, and
3. 9 Hear, I pray . .ye heads of the house of J.
4. 2 let us go. .to the house of the God of J.
5. 7 the remnant of J. shall be in the midst
5. 8 remnant of J. shall be among the Gentiles
7. 20 Thou wilt perform the truth to J., (and)
Nah. 2. 2 LORD hath turned, .the excellency of J.
Mai. 2. 12 the scholar, out of the tabernacles of J.
3. 6 therefore ye sons of J. are not consumed
JA -DA, in; knowing.
A grandson of Jerahmeel the son of Hezron. B.C. 1450.
i Ch. 2. 28 the sous of Onam were Shammai, and J.
2. 32 the sons of J. the brother of Shanimai ;
JA -DATT, IT, -T favourite, friend.
This name is correctly Jaddai. One of the family of
Nebo who had married a strange wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 43 Zabad, Zebina, J., and Joel Beuaiah
JAD-DU -A, yn; very knmoing.
1. A Levite who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah. B.C.
Neh. 10. 21 Meshezabeel, Zadok, J.
2. A descendant of Jeshua the high priest at the end of:
the captivity. B.C. 520.
Neh. 12. ii Joiada begat Jonathan, and Jonathan. . J.
12. 22 The Levites, in the days of. . J., (were) re-.
JA -DON, jvr judging.
One that helped to repair the wall of Jerusalem. B.C.
Neh. 3. 7 next unto them repaired. .J. the Merono-.
JA- EL, Sy; chamois.
The wife of Heber the Kenite who treacherously killed
Sisera. B.C. 1316.
Judg. 4. 17 fled away on his feet to the tent of J. thfr
4. 18 J. went out to meet Sisera, and said unto.
4. 21 J.,Heber swife, took a nail of theteHt.and
4. 22 J. came out to meet him, and said unto
5. 6 in the days of J., the highways were uno.
5. 24 Blessed above women shall J. the wife ot
JA -GTJB, mr dwelling.
A town in the S. part of the lot of the tribe of Judah.
Josh. 1 5. 21 uttermost cities. .Kabzeel, and Eder.. J.
JAH, a; An abbreviation of Jehovah.
Psa. 63. 4 extol him. .by his name J., and rejoice
JA -HATH, rar, nn; comfort, revival.
1. A descendant of Shobal the sou of Judah. B.C. 1600.
i Ch. 4. 2 Reaiah the son of Shobal begat J. ; aud J.
". A descendant of Gershom, sou of Levi. B.C. 1450.
i Ch. 6. 20 Of Gershom ; Libni his son, J. his sou, Z.
6. 43 The son of J., the son of Gershom, the sou
3. A descendant of Gershom, sou of Levi. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.23- 10 And..sonsof Shimei(were)J., Ziua.and J
23. ii J. was the chief, and Zizah the second
4. A descendant of Kohath, son of Levi. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch. 24. 22 Shelomoth : of the sons of Shelomoth ; J.
5. A descendant of Merari the son of Levi. B.C. 634.
2 Ch. 34. 12 the overseers of them (were) J. and Obad.
JA-HAZ, JA-HA-ZA, JA-HA-ZAH, j-rr, nyrr.
A Levitical city in Reuben where Sihon kingof the Amorites
had been conquered. 8.0.1452. (See Jahzah.)
Nuni2i. 23 he came to J , and fought Deut. 2, 32
Josh. 13. 18 And J., and Kedemoth, and Mephaath
21. 36 out of the tribe of Keuben . . J. with her
Judgn. 20 and pitched in J., and fought against Isr.
Isa. 15. 4 their voice shall be heard (even) unto J.
Jer. 48. 21 upon Holoa, and upon J., and upon Mep.
48. 34 From the cry of Heshbun. .(even) unto J.
[Jos. 21. 36, 37 are wanting in the Hebrew text.]
JA-HAZ -IAH, n;|n: Jah reveals.
One who was employed to enumerate those who had
taken strange wives during the captivity or after the
return. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 15 Asahel and J. . . were employed about thip
JA-HA ZI -EL, Sx-iq: God rereals.
1. One that joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 4 Jeremiah, and J., and Johanan, and .Toz.
2. A priest who assisted in bringing up the ark from the
house of Obed-edom. B.C. 1042.
i Ch.i6. 6 Benaiah also and J. the priests with tru.
3. A son of Hebron the Kohathite. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.23- 19 Amarinh the second, J. the third, and Jeka.
24. 23 Amariah the second, J.thethird.Jekahme.
4. A Levite that encouraged Jehoshaphat s army against
the Moabites. B.C. 896.
2 Ch.2o. 14 Then upon J. the son of Zechariah, the son
5. A chief man whose son returned with Ezra from
Babylon. B.C. 487.
Ezra 8. 5 the son of J., and with him three hund.
JAH -DAI, ^n; leader, guide.
One of the family of Caleb the spy. B.C. 1500
i Ch. 2. 47 And the sous of J. ; Rcgem, aud Jotiiam
JAH-DI -EL, ^JTIjC union of God.
Tlhe head of a family of the half tribe of Manasseh E.
of the Jordan. B.C. 771.
t < h. 5. 24 Hodaviah, and J., mighty men of valour
JAH -DO, nn: union.
Sou of Buz the Gadite and father of Jeshishai. B.C. 1450.
i Ch. 5. 14 son of Jeshishai, the son of J., the sou of
JAH-LE -EL, VN^D: God waits.
A sun (if Zebulun the third of the three. B.C. 1700.
Gen. 46. 14 And the sons of Zebulun. . Elon, and J.
-\niU26. 26 of J., the family of the Jahleelites
JAH-LE-E LITES, )l6lT.. A family of Zebulunites founded by Jahleel.
Num26. 26 of Jahleel, the family of the J.
JAH -MAI, \?rr Jah protects. A son of Tola son of Issachar, Jacol) s ninth son and fiftl
by Leah. B.C. 1700.
x Ch. 7. 2 And the sonsof Tola. .Jeriel,andJ.,and
JAH -ZAH, .lyi! trodden down.
A city of Reuben, but afterwards assigned to the Levites.
It is called also Jahaz, Jahaza, Jahazah.
i Ch. 6. 78 out of the tribe of Reuben. .J. with her
JAH ZE -EL,JAH-ZI -EL, ^NVix^N yrP A Gndap2}ortion. son of Xaphtali the sixth soii of Jacob, but his second
by Bilhah. B.C. 1700.
Gen. 46. 24 the sons of Xaphtali ; J., and Guni, and
Numati. 4 8 of J., the family of the Jahzeelites : of G.
i Ch. 7. 13 The sons of Xaphtali ; J., and Guni, and G.
JAH ZE-E-LITES, >N$!T..
The patronymic of a family of Xaphtalites whose
founder was Jahzeel.
Xum26. 48 of Jahzeel, the family of the J. : of Guni
JAH-ZE -RAH, rnm: Jah protects. A priest of the faniily of Immer whose descendants
dwelt in Jerusalem. B.C. 500.
i Ch. 9. 12 Adiel, the son of J., the son of Meshullam
Guard of a 2)rison, 5ea>io(uAa| desmophulax.
Acts 16. 23 charging the jailor to keep them safely
JA -IR, TX; Jah enlightens.
1. A man descended from Judah through his father
Segub, and from Manasseh through his mother the
daughter of Machir. B.C. 1452. By Moses he is called
" son of Manasseh" (Num. 32. 41 ; Deut. 3. 14). In i Ch.
2. 23 he is called a "son of Machir the father of Gilead."
Nuni32. 41 J. . .went and tookthe small towns thereof
Dent. 3. 14 J. . .took all the country of Argob unto
i Ki. 4 . 13 to him (pertained) the towns of J. the son
i Ch. 2. 22 J., who had three and twenty cities in the
2. A Gileadite judge of Israel between Tola and
Jephthah. He judged Israel twenty-three years. He
may have been a descendant of Xo. i. B.C. 1180.
Judg 10. 3 after him arose J. . .and judged Israel tw.
10. 5 And J. died, and was buried in Cainon
3. Used briefly for HAVOTH JAIR, which see.
Josh 13. 30 and all the towns of J., which (are) in B.
i Ch. 2. 23 took Geshur. .Aram, with the towns of J.
4. A Benjamite whose son Mordecai was Esther s cousin.
Esth. 2. 5 whose name (was) Mordecai, the son of J.
JA -IR, Tjr forest.
The father of Elhanan who slew Lachmi the brother of
Goliath. B.C. 1080. In 2 Sa. 21. 19 he is called Jaare-
1 Ch.2o. s the son of J. slew Lahmi the brother of G.
The patronymic of .Tair s (Xo. i) descendants.
2 Sa. 20. 26 Ira also the J. was a chief ruler about D.
JAI -RUS, Idetpos. A ruler of a synagogue in a town of Galilee near the
lake of Tiberias.
Mark 5. 22 And, behold, there cometh one. .[J.] by Luke 8. 41 behold, there came a mannamed J., and
JAKAN. fre JAAKAN.
JA -XEH, n|3; hearkening.
The father of Agur. B.C. 1000.
I rov 30. i The words of Agur the son of J., (even) the
JA -KIM, c p; a setter up.
1. Son of Shimhi, a Benjamite. B. c. 1400.
i Ch. 8. 19 And J., and Zichri, and Zabdi
2. A head of a family of the Aaronites. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.24 . 12 The eleventh to Eliasliib, the twelfth to J.
JA -LON, pS; Jah abides.
A son of Ezra through Caleb the spy. B.C. 1400.
1 Ch. 4 . i 7 Jether, and Mered, and Epher, and J.
JAM -BRES, lafj./3pfis.
Probably an Egyptian magician at the court of Pharaoh.
al< with Janncs by the apostle Paul as having withstood Moses. B.C. 1491.
3 . g as Jannes and J. withstood Moses, so do
1 A son of Zebedee and brother of John the apostle.
Matt. 4. 21 J. (the son) of Zebedee, and John his br
10. 2 J. (the son) of Zebedee, and John his br.
Matti/. i Jesus taktth Peter, J., and John his bro.
Mark i. 19 he saw .). the (son) of Zebedee, and John
i. 29 the house of Simon and Andrew, with J.
3. 17 J. the(son)of Zebedee, and. .brother of .(.
5. 37 Peter, and J., and John the brother [of .1.]
9. 2 taketh (with him) Peter, and J., and John
10. 35 J. and John, the sons of Zebedee come
10. 41 to be much displeased with J. and John
13. 3 J. and John and Andrew asked him priv.
14. 33 he taketh with him Peter and J. and John
Luke 5. 10 so (was) also J. and John, the sons of Ze.
6. 14 J. and John, Philip and Bartholomew
8. 51 J. and John, and the father and the mot.
Q. 28 he took Peter and John and J., and went
9. 54 when his disciples J. and John saw (this)
Acts i. 13 J., and John, and Andrew, Philip, and T.
12. 2 he killed J. the brother of John with the
2. A son of Alpheus.
Matt 10. 3 J. (the son) of Alpheus, and Lebbeus
Mark 3. 18 .1. the (son) of Alplieus,andThaddeiis,anc
Luke 6. 15 J. the (son) of Alpheus, and Simon calle
Acts i. 13 J. (the son) of Alpheus, and Simon Zelo
3. The brother of the Lord Jesus.
Matt 13. 55 brethren, J., and Joses, and Simon, ant
Mark 6. 3 of J., and Joses, and 01 Juda, and Simo
Acts 12. 17 Go show these things unto J.
15. 13 J. answered, saying, Men (and) brethren
21. 18 Paul went in with us unto J. ; and all th
i Co. 15. 7 he was seen of J. ; then of all the apostle
Gal. i 19 saw I none, save J. the Lord s brother
2. 9 J., Cephas, and John, who seemed to be
2. 12 before that certain came from J., he dk
Jas. i. ! J., a servant of God and of the Lord Jesu
4. The son of Mary. He is also called the Little.
Mutt 27. 56 Mary the mother of J. and Joses, and th
Markis. 40 Mary the mother of J. the less and ; 16. i
Luke 24. 10 Mary the (mother) of J., and other (wo.
S.James the brother of the apostle Jude.
Luke 6. 16 (the brother) of J., and Judas ; Acts 1.13
Jude i brother of J., to them that are sanctified
JA -MIN, ps; riyht Imnd, prosperity.
1. A son of Simeon the second son of Jacob. B.C
Gen. 46. 10 J., and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, am
Exod.6. 15 J., and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, am
Num2 6. 12 of J., the family of the Jaminites : of Ja
i Ch. 4. 24 (were) Nemuel, and J., Jarib, Zerah,(and
2. A descendant of Hezron, son of Pharez. B.C. 1470.
i Ch. 2. 27 sons of Ram. .were Maaz, and J., and E.
3. A priest who explained the law to the people when
Ezra read it. B.C. 445.
Xeh. . 7 J., Akkub.Shabbethai, Hodijah.Maaseiah
The family of Jamin, son of Simeon.
Xuni26. 12 of Jamin, the family of the J.: of Jachin
JAM -LECH, T^S: Jah rules.
A princely descendant of Simeon. B.C. 800.
i Ch. 4. 34 And Moshobab, and J., and Joshah the
Vain discourse, fj.a.ra.io\oyia matnioJogia.
1 Ti. i. 6 some, .have turned aside uiito vain jang.
JAN -NA, lavvd.
An ancestor of Joseph the husband of Mary the mother
Luke 3 . 24 (the son) of [J.], which was (the son) of
JAN -NES, lavvrjs.
One who, with Jambrcs, withstood Moses.
2 Ti. 3 8 as J. and Jambres withstood Moses, so do
JA-NO -AH, nir resting place. A city in the N. of Naphtali, near Abel-beth-maachah.
2 Ki. 15. 29 took Ijon. and Abel-beth-maachah, and J.
JA-NO -HAH, nniv..
A city between Ephraim and Manasseh ; perhaps the
same as the preceding.
Josh 16. 6 the border, .passed by it on the east to J.
1 6. 7 it went down from J. to Ataroth, and to
JA -NUM, cu;, c?
:; propagation. A city in Judah.
Josh. 1 5. 53 And J., and Bcth-tappuah, and Aphekah
JA -PHETH, ns; the extender, or fair.
The second son of Noah, whose descendants spread over
the N. and W. regions of the earth. B.C. 2448. He is
probably the original of Japetwwhom the Greeks con
sidered as the ancestor of the human race.
Gen. 5 . 32 and Noah hegat Shem, Ham, and J.
6. 10 Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and J.
7. 13 Hani, and J., the sons of Noalvand Noah s
9. 18 sons of Noah. .wereShem, . .Ham, and J.
9. 23 J. took a garment, and laid (it) upon both
9. 27 God shall enlarge J., and he shall dwell
10. i of the sons of Noah ; Shem, Ham, and J.
10. 2 sons of J. : Gomer, and Magog, and Madai
10. 21 Unto Shem. .the brother of J. the elder
i Ch. i. 4 Xoah, Shem, Ham, and J.
i. 5 The sons of J. ; Gomer, Magog, and Madai
JA-PHI -A, rs; high.
1. The Amorite king of Lnchish who was defeated by
Joshua at Gibeon. 8.0.1451.
Josh. I0. 3 unto J. king of Lachish, and unto Debir
J A S H U B
2. A town near Carmel between Accho and Ca-sarea on
the coast (Sykamenos).
Josh. 19. 12 goeth out to Daberath, and goeth up to J.
3. A son bom to David after he began to reign at Jeru
salem. B.C. 1040.
2 Sa. 5. 15 Ibharalso, and Elishua, and Xepheg. . J.
i Ch. 3. 7 And Xogah, and Xepheg, and J
14. 6 And Xogah, and Xepheg, and J.
JAPH -LET, D^E; Jah causes to escape. A grandson of Beriah, son of Asher. B.C. 1600.
i Ch. 7. 32 Heber begat J., and Shomer, and Hothara
7. 33 sons of J. ; Pasach, and Bimhal, and Ash,
7. 33 These (are) the children of J.
JAPH-LE -TI, Taj??:. A place unknown ; perhaps Eetlipalct.
Josh.i6. 3 goeth down westward to the coast of J.
JA -PHO, is; high. A city on the coast of the Mediterranean, which be
longed to the Philistines, and bordered on the territory
of the Damtes. It is now called Jafa (or Joppa), i>
stadia from Antipatris, 6 miles W. of Rama, and 10
hours from Jerusalem at the W. end of the mountain
Josh. 19. 46 and Rakkon, with the border before J.
JA -RAH, ,-ny: unvciler.
A son of Ahaz of the family of Saul the Benjamite.
B.C. 960. He is Jclioadah in i Ch. 8. 36.
i Ch. 9. 42 And Ahaz begat J. ; and J. begat Alem.
JA -REB, in; contender, avenger.
An appellation of a king of Ashur.
Hos. 5. 13 then went Ephraim. .and sent to king J.
to. 6 be also carried, .(for) a present to king J.
JA -REB, JE -RED, TV, TV Iape 8, descending.
1. A descendant of Seth and son of MahalaleeL B.C.
Gen. 5. 15 lived sixty and flve years, and begat J.
5. 1 6 Mahalaleel lived after he begat J. eight
5. 1 8 J. lived an hundred sixty and two years
5. 19 J. lived after he begat Enoch-eight bun.
5. 20 the days of J. were nine hundred sixty
i Ch. i. 2 Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered
2. An ancestor of Jesus.
Luke 3. 37 Enoch, which was (the sou) of [J.], which
JA-RES-I AH, .Tsny.; Jah gives a couch.
A son of Jeroham, a Benjamite. B.C. 1300.
i Ch. 8. 27 J., and Eliah, and Zichri. .sons of Jeroh.
JAR -HA, yrrv..
An Egyptian servant and husband of Ahlai the daughter
of Sheshan. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 2. 34 a servant, an Egyptain, whose name. . J.
2. 35 gave his daughter to J. his servant to
JA -RIB, r-v striving.
1. A son of Simeon, B.C. 1720; called JachiniuGeu. 46.
10, and Exod. 6. 15.
i Ch. /;. 24 (were) Xemuel, and Jamin, .T. ..Zerah,(and)
A chief man who accompanied Ezra to Jerusalem.
Ezra 2. 16 for J., and for Elnathan, and for Nathan
3. A priest who had married a strange wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 18 Maaseiah and Eliezer, and J., audGeda
JAR -MTITH, n;;rv height.
1. A city in Judah, formerly belonging to the Amorites,
whose king was slain by Joshua. It is now called
Format, 2 miles from Beitnetifor 10 from Beit-gibrin.
Josh. 10. 3 unto Piram king of J., and unto Japhia
10. 5 the king of J., the king of Lachish, the
10. 23 the king of J., the king of Lachish, (and)
12. ii The king of J., one ; the king of Lachish
15. 35 J. and Adullam, Socoh, and Azekah
Neh. ii. 29 at En-rimmon, and at Zareah, and at J.
2. A Levitical city in Issachar, called also Kcmeth (Josh.
19. 21), and Reiiioth (i Ch. 6. 73).
Josh.2i. 29 J. with her suburbs, En-gannim with her
JA-RO -AH, nil; new moon.
A descendant of Gad. 8.0.1270.
1 Ch. 5. 14 Abihail the sou of Huri, the son of J.
JA -SHEN, JB*; shining.
The father of one of David s worthies. B.C. 1085.
2 Sa. 23. 32 Eliahba the Shaalbonite, of the sons of J.
JA -SHER, Ty
A book of songs celebrating the glory of Israel.
Josh. 10. 13 (Is) not this written in the book of J.?
2 Sa. i. 18 behold, (it is) written in the book of J.
JA-SHO -BEAM, C^ ^y1
; the people return.
. S6n of Zabdiel a Hachmonite and one of David s capains.
i Ch.n. n J., an Hachmonite, the chief of the cap.
27. 2 for the first month (was) J. the son of
. A Korahite descended from Kohath.
i Ch.i2. 6 Azareel, and Joezer, and J., the Korhiteg
JA -SHTTB, 2ir;, turning bach [v. L. 3 C" in i Ch.].
. The third of the four sons of Issachar. B.C. 1692.
Nimi26. 24 Of J., the family of the Jashubites : of
i Ch. 7. i (were) Tola, and Puah, J., and Shimron
JASHUBI LEHEM 534 JEHALELEEL
2. One of the family of Bani who had taken a strange
wife in exile. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 29 Malluch, and Adalah, J. ( and Shoal, and
JA-BHU-BI LE -HEBI, cnj> 5^; turningback to liethle.
A descendant of Shelah.Von of Judah. B.C. 1300.
i Ch. 4. 22 Saraph . . had the dominion in Moab, and J.
The family of Jashub, son of Issachar. Num. 26. 24.
JASIEL. See JAASIEL.
JA -SON. -Idffuv healing.
1. A believer in Thessalonica hospitable to Paul and
Acts 17. 5 assaulted the house of J., and sought to
17. 6 they drew J. and certain brethren unto
17. 7 Whom J. hath received : and these all do
17. 9 when they hud taken security of J., and
2. A kinsman of Paul whose salutation Paul sent to Rome.
Rom 16. 21 J., and Sosipater, my kinsmen, salute you
Master, n??*; *3i", yathepheh.
Exod28. 20 fourth row, a beryl, and an onyx, and a j.
39. 13 fourth row, a beryl, an onyx, and a jasper
ze. 28. 13 the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, aud
2.Jasper, fairirts iaspis.
Rev. 4. 3 he that sat was to look upon like a jasper
21. ii even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal
21. 18 the building of the wall of it was (of) jas.
21. 19 The first foundation (was) jasper ; the se.
JATH-NI -EL, Vw: God is giving.
A son of Meshelemiah of the house of Asaph or Ebiasaph
(t Chr. 9. 19). He was a gatekeeper at the tabernacle.
i Ch.26. 2 the second, Zebadiah the third, J. the fo.
JAT -TIE, vjr wide.
A Levitical city in the hill country of Judah. Now called
Attir, S. of Hebron.
Josh. 1 5. 48 in the mountains, Shamir, and J., and
21. 14 J. with her suburbs, and Eshtemoa with
i Sa. 30. 27 Ramoth, and to (them) which (were) in J.
i Ch. 6. 57 and J., and Eshtemoa, with their suburbs
JA -VAN, ;v.
1. The fourth son of Japheth. B.C. 2298.
Gen. 10. 2 J., and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras
10. 4 the sous of J.; Elishah, aud Tarshish, K.
i Ch. i. 5 and J., and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras
i. 7 the sons of J.; Elishah, and Tarshish, K.
2. His deceudants and their lauds, Ionia, Macedonia,
Greece, Syria, &c.
Isa. 66. 19 (to) Tubal, and J., (to) the isles afar off
3. A city in S. Arabia, Yemen, whither the Phenicians
traded. It is perhaps the same as L zal.
Eze. 27. 13 J., Tubal, aud Meshech, they (were),
27. 19 J. going to and fro occupied in thy fairs
l.Sjjear, javelin, rrjq chanith.
i Sa. 1 8. 10 and (there was) a javelin in Saul s hand
1 8. ii Saul cast the javelin ; for he said, I wills.
19. 9 as he sat in his house with his javelin in
19. 10 Saul sought to smite David, .with the ja.
19. 10 aud he smote the javelin into the wall
20. 33 And Saul cast a javelin at him to smite
2.Javelin, spear, dart, nT romach.
Num 25. 7 Phinehas. .rose, .and took a javelin in
JAW, jaw bone, jaw teeth
I. Cheek, cheek bone, n? lechi.
Judg 15. 15 he found a new jaw bone of an ass, and
15. 16 With the jaw bone of an ass, heaps upon
15. 16 with the jaw of an ass have I slain a tho.
15. i7 he cast away the jaw bone out of his hand
15. 19 clave an hollow place that (was) in the j
Job 41. 2 canst thou. .bore his jaw through with a
Isa. 30. 28 a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing
Eze. 29. 4 I will put hooks in thy jaws, aud I will
38. 4 I will . .put hooks into thy jaws, and I will
Hos. ii. 4 they that take off the yoke on their jaws
Z.Jair, n; p?7 mal/joach.
Psa. 22. 15 my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; andthoi
Z.Jaw teeth, n VJTp methalleotli .
Job 29. 17 I brake the jaws of the wicked, and pluc
Prov.3o. 14 their jaw teeth (as) knives, to devour the
JAZER. See JAAZER.
JA -ZIZ, rr shining.
David s chief shepherd. B.C. 1020.
i Ch. 27. 31 And over the Hocks (was) J. the Ilagerite
1. Zealous, jealous. KJi2 qanna.
Exod2o. 5 I the LORD thy God (am) a jealous God
34. 14 LOUD, whose name (is) Jealous, (is) a j.-..
Dent. 4. 24 thy God (is) a consuming nre.. a jt-al";
5. 9 for I the LORD thy God (am) a jealous God
6. 15 LOUD thy God (is) a jealous God among
Z.Z> il ius, jealous, x Jp qanno.
Josh 24. 19 he (is) a jealous God ; he will not forgiv
Sah. i. 2 God (is) jealous, and the Lor.D revengetl
JEALOUS, to be
To be zealous, jealous, KJ3 qana, 3.
Num. 5. 14 he be jealous of his wife, and she be
S 14 he be jealous of his wife, and .she be not
Num. 5. 30 he be jealous over his wife, and shall set
1 Ki. 19. 10, 14 I have been very jealous for the LORD
Eze. 39. 25 and will be jealous for. my holy name
Joel 2. 18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his l.md
Zech. i. 14 I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion
8. 2 I was jealous for Zion. .1 was jealous for
JEALOUS over, to be - -
Fo be zealous, i)\6<a ziiloo
a Co. 1 1. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jeal.
.Zeal, jealousy, n<;p qinah.
Num. 5 14, 14 the spirit of jealousy come upon him
5. 15 it (is) an offering of jealousy, an oll i-ring
5. 18 the offering, .which (is) the jealousy offer.
5. 85 the priest shall take the jealousy offering
5, 29 This (is) the law of jealousies, when a wife
5. 30 Or when the spirit of jealousy cometh upon
25 ii that I consumed not . . Israel in my jealou.
Deut29- 20 his jealousy shall smoke against that man
Psa. 79. 5 How long, .shall thy jealousy burn like
Prov. 6. 34 For jealousy (is) the rage of a man ; there.
Song 8. 6 jealousy (is) cruel as the grave : the coals
Isa. 42. 13 he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war
Eze. 8. 3 where (was) the seat of the image of jeal.
8. 5 at the gate., this image of jealousy in the
16. 38 I will give thee blood in fury ai d jealousy
16.42 my jealousy shall depart from thee, and
23. 25 I will set my jealousy against thee, and
36. 5 Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I
36. 6 Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and
38. 19 in my jealousy (and) in the fire of my wr.
Zeph. 1. 18 land shall be devoured by the fire of his j.
3. 8 shall be devoured with the fire of my jeal.
Zech. 1. 14 lam jealous. .forZion with a great jealou.
8. 2 I was jealous for Ziou with great jealousy
2. Zeal, ffjAos zelos.
2 Co. ii. 2 I am jealous over you with godly jealo.
JEALOUSY, to move or provoke to
l.Tb make zealous or jealous, Kjjj qona., 3.
Dent 32. 21 They have moved me to jealousy with
i Ki. 14. 22 they provoked him to jealousy with their
I.To cause, zeal or jealousy, Njj? qnna, 5.
Deut 32. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with stra.
32. 21 and I will move them to jealousy with
Psa. 78. 58 moved him to jealousy with their graven
3.7Y> cause zeal or jealousy, njjj qanah, 5.
Eze. 8. 3 seat of the image.. which provoketh to j.
4.7*0 make very zealous or jealous, irapari\d(i>.
Rom 10. 19 Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy
n. ii to provoke them to jealousy ; i Co. 10 22
JEARIH, z -\y: wcmds. Name of hill in Josh. 15. IO
JE-A-TE -RAI, "irix: steadfast.
A descendant of Gershom son of Levi. B.C. 1250.
i Ch. 6. 21 Iddo his son, Zerah his son, J. his son
JE-BE-RECH-I AH, v?!? Jah is blessing.
The father of Zechariah. B.C. 770.
Isa. 8. 2 the priest, and Zechariah the son of J.
JE -BUS, JE-BU -SI, D13:, o\y. trodden dou-n.
The city afterwards called Jerusalem.
Josh.iS. 16 to the valley of Hinnom.to the side of J.
18. 28 J., which (is) Jerusalem, Gibeath, (and)
Judgi9- 10 and came over against J., which (is) Jer.
19. ii when they (were) by J., the day was far
1 Ch.ii. 4 Israel went to Jerusalem, which (is) J.
ii. 5 the inhabitants of J. said to David, Thou
JE-BU-S1TES, C12^ belonging tn Jebus.
The descendants of a son of Canaaai, son of Ham. They
dwelt chiefly around Jerusalem, which they held till
the time of David.
Gen. 10. 16 the J., and the Amorite, and the Girgas.
15. 21 Cauaanites, and the Girgashites, and..J.
Exod. 3. 8, 17 Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the J.
13. 5 the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the .1.
23. 23 and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the J.
33. 2 and the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the .T.
34. ii the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the J.
Nunii3. 29 J., and the Amorites, dwell in the moun.
Deut. 7. i the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the J.
20. 17 the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the J.
Josh. 3. 10 Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the J.
9. i the Hivite, and the J., heard (thereof)
11. 3 the J. in the mountains, and (to) the Hi.
12. 8 the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the J.
15. 8 border went, .unto the south side of . . J.
15. 63 the J. the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the
15. 63 the J. dwell with the children of Judah
24. ii the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the J.
Judg. i. 21 J. that inhabited Jerusalem; but the J
3. 5 Amorites, and Perizzites, and Hivites. . J.
19. ii let us turn in into this city of the J., and
2 Sa. 5. 6 his men went to Jerusalem unto the J.
5. 8 smiteth theM., and the lame and the bli.
24. 16 by the threshing place of Araunah the J.
24. 18 in the threshing floor of Araunah the J.
i Ki. 9. 20 J., which (were) not of the children of I.
1 Ch. i. 14 J. also, and the Amorite, and the Girga.
ii. 4 where the J. (wore), the Inhabitant* "t
n. 6 Whosoever smiteth the J. first shall bo
21. 13, 18, 28 the threshing floor of Oman the J.
2 Ch. 3. i in the threshing floor of Oman the J.
8. 7 and the J., which (were) not of Israel
Ezra 9. i the J., the Ammonites, the Moabites, the
Neh. 9. 8 Perizzites, and the .T.. and tlicCirmishitfs
Zech. 9. 7 as agoveru jriu Juduh, aud Ekruiiaaa J.
A son of Neri. B.C. 580. See Jekamiah.
1 Ch. 3. 18 and Shenaznr, J., Uoshama, and Nedab
JE-CHOL-I AH, ?.i;)7 Jah is able.
A woman of Jerusalem, and mother of Azariah (ol
I zziah) king of Judah. B.C. 810.
2 Ki. 15. 2 And his mother s name (was) J. of JCML
2 Ch.26. 3 His mother s name also (was) J. of Jeru.
JE-CHON-I AS, \fxovlas See Jechoniah.
Matt. i. ii Josias begat J. and his brethren
1. 12 J. begat Salathiel ; and Salathiel begat
JE-CON-I AH, n;};;, ";??; Jah (is) establishing.
The altered form of Jehiiidchin the last but one of the
kings of Judah. In Matt. i. n, 12, it is Jeconias. B.C.
i Ch. 3. 16 of Jehoiakim . J. his son, Zedekiah his on
3. 17 And the sons of J.; Assir, Salathiel his s.
Esth. 2. 6 had been carried away with J. king of J.
Jer. 24. i J. the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah
27. 20 J. the son of Jehoiakim the king of Jud.
=8. 4 J. the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah
29. 2 J. the king, and the queen, and the eun.
JE-DA-I AH, XIT Jah is praise.
1. A descendant of Simeon. B.C. loSo.
i Ch. 4. 37 the sou of J., the son of Shimri, the son
2. One who helped to repair the wall of Jerusalem-
Neh. 3. 10 And next unto them repaired J. the son
JE-DA-I AH, .Ty-v Jah (is) knowing.
1. A priest in Jerusalem, some of whose descendants
came up from Jerusalem. B.C. 1015.
i Ch. 9. 10 the priests ; J , and Jehoiarib, and Jac
24. 7 came forth to Jehoiarib, the second to J
Ezra 2. 36 the children of J., of the house of Jeshua
Neh. 7. 39 the children of J., of the house of Jeshua
2. A priest who returned with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536
Neh. ii. 10 the priests : J. the son of Joiarib, Jachin
12. 6 Shemaiah, and Joiarib, J.
12. 19 And of Joiarili, Mattenal ; of J., I zzi
Zech. 6. 10 of Tobijah, and of J., which are come
6. 14 to J., and to Hen the sou of Zephauiah
3. Another priest that returned with Zerubbabel. B.C.
Neh. 12. 7 Sallu, Amok, Hilkiah, J. These (were)
12. 21 Of Hilkiah, Hashabiah ; of J. Nethaneel
JE-DI-A -EL, "JNj^
-i: God knows.
1. A son of Benjamin. B.C. 1700. Also called Ashbel.
i Ch. 7. 6 of Benjamin ; Bela, and Becher, and J.
7. 10 The sons also of J.; Bilhan : and the sons.
7. ii these the sons of J., by the heads of their
2. The son of Shimri, one of David s valiant guard of
thirty. B.C. 1048.
i Ch.n. 45 J. the son of Shimri, and Joha his brother
3. A warrior that joined David in Ziklag. B.C. 1048.
i Ch.i2. 20 J., and Michael, and Jozabad, and Elihu
4. Son of Meshelemiah a descendant of Korah. B.C.
1 Ch.26. 2 And the sons of Meshelemiah (were). . J.
JE-DI -DAH, .TVT beloved.
The wife of Amon and mother of Josiah, kings of Judab.
2 Ki. 22. i his mother s name (was) J., the daughter
JE-DI-DI -AH, n^TT Joh is a friend.
The name given to Solomon by Nathan through the
word of the Lord. B.C. 1015.
2 Sa. 12. 25 he called his name J., because of the L.
JE-DU -THUK, prtiT, prrv a choir of praise.
A Levite chief singer in the temple. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch. q. 16 Shemaiah, the son of Galal, the son of J.
16. 38 Obed-edom also the son of J., and Hosah
16. 41 And with them Heman and J., and the
16. 42 Heman aud J. . .And the sons of J. (were)
25. i the sons of Asaph, and of Heman, and of J.
25. 3 Of J. : the sons of J. ; Gedaliah, and Zeri
25. 3 six, under the hands of their father .1.
25. 6 according to the king s order to Asaph, J.
2 Ch. 5. 12 all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of .)., with
29. 14 and of the sons of J.; Shemaiah and Vzziel
35. 15 according to the commandment of. . J. the
Neh. ii. 17 of Shammua, the son of Galal, the son of J.
Psa. 39. title. To the chief Musician, (even) to J., A .
62 ,, To the chief Musician, to J., A Psalm
77. ,, To the chief Musician, to J., A Psalm
JE-E -ZER, 1, j; !*, contracted from iji"?!*.
A son of Gilead, grandson of Manasseh. B.C. 1450. See
Nuni25. 30 (of) J., the family of the J.; of Helek.thef.
JE-EZ-ER-ITES. "! !.<.
The patronymic of a family that spi ang from Jeezer the
son of Gilead.
Nuni26. 30 of Jeezer, the family of the J. : of Helek
JE-GAB. SA-HA-DU -THA, KHiny -ij heap of testi.
The name given by Laban to the heap of stones that
Jacob called Galeed. B.C. 1740.
Gen. 31. 47 Aud Laban called it J.: but Jacob called
JE-HAL-EL -EEL, Jefialelel, ^Vfr? God is praised.
1. A descendant of Judah through Caleb the spy. B.O.
i Ch. 4. 16 Anu the sons of J.; Ziph, and Ziphah, Tiria
JEHDBIAH 535 JBHORAM
2. A descendant of Merari in the time of Hezekiah.
2 Oh. 29. 12 Abdi, and Azariah the son of J : and of the
JEH-DE-I AH, ^"HIV union of Jah.
1. The son of Shubael a descendant of Levi in David s
time. B.C. 1020.
i Ch. 24. 2oAmram;Shubael:ofthe..ofShubael;.T.
2. An overseer of the asses in the time of David. B.C.
i Ch.27. 30 and over the asses (was) J. the Meronot.
JE-HEZ-E -KEL, ^WPIOi ^ ^ is strong.
One 01 the priests to whom the charges of the sanctuary
were distributed by lot in the time of David. B.C.
i Ch. 24. 16 nineteenth to Pethahiah. .twentieth to J.
JE-HI -AH, n;n^ Jah (is) living.
A Lcvite gatekeeper of the ark when brought from the
house of Ubed-edom. B.C. 1040.
i Ch. 1 5. 24 Obed-edom and J. (were) door keepers for
JE-HI -EL, Sx ir, God in living.
1. A Levite singer in the tabernacle in David s time.
i Ch.is. 1 8, 20 and Shemiramoth, and J., and Unni
16. 5 Shemiramoth, and J., and Mattithiah, and
2. A Gershonite. B.C 1040.
i Ch.23- 8 1 hesonsof Laadan; thechief (was) J., and
29. 8 gave (them) . . by the hand of J. the Ger.
3. A companion of David s sons. B.C. 1030.
1 Ch.27- 32 J. . .son of Hachmoni (was) with the king s
4. A son of Jehoshaphat, king of Judah. B.C. 889.
2 Ch. 21. 2 the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and J.
5. A son of Henian the singer in the time of Hezekiah.
B.C. 726. fv.L. SKIH ].
2 Ch.2g. 14 And of the sons of Heman ; J. and Shimei
6. A Levite set over the dedicated things in the days of
Hezekiah. B.C. 726.
a Ch.3i. 13 And J., and Azaziah, and Nahath, andA.
7. A chief priest in the days of Josiah. B.C. 623.
2 Ch. 35. 8 Hilkiah and Zechariah and J. , rulers of the
8. The father of Obadiah who returned from exile with
Ezra. B.C. 458.
Ezra S. 9 Obadiah the son of J., and with him two
9. The father of Shechaniah who first acknowledged the
guilt of taking strange wives. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 2 Shechaniah the son of J., (one) of the sons
10. A priest who had taken a strange wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 21 and Elijah, and Shemaiah, and J., and Uz.
11. A man of Elam s family who had done the same
tiling. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 26 and J., and Abdi, and Jeremoth, and Eli.
JE-HI-E -LI, Wrr.
A son of Laadan the Gershonite, set over the treasures
of the sanctuary in the time of David. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.26. 21 sous of the Gershonite Laadan . .(were) J.
26. 22 The sons of J.; Zetham, and Joel his
JE-HIZ-KI -AH, injpirp Jah is strong.
A son of Shallum, and a strong opponent of making his
brethren slaves in the days of Aha/ B.C. 742.
2 Ch. 28. 12 J. the son of Shallum, and Amasa the son
JE-HO-A -DAH, .Tjain: Jah unveils.
Son of Ahaz, the great grandson of Jonathan, Saul s
son. B.C. 940. Called also Jarah.
1 Ch. o. 36 And Ahaz begat J.; and J. begat Alemeth
JE-HO-AD -DAN JiUPT |"!3TiT Jah gives delight.
The mother of Amaziah and wife of Joash, kings of
Judah. B.C. 850.
2 Ki. 14. 2 And his mother s name (was) J. of Jeru.
2 Ch. 25. i And his mother s name (was) J. of Jeru.
JE-HO-A -HAZ, nxi-T, mxr Jah U2)holds.
1. A son of Jehu and father of Joash, kings of Israel.
2 Ki.io. 35 And J. his son reigned in his stead
13. i J. the son of Jehu began to reign over
13. 4 J. besought the LORD, and the LORD hea.
13. 7 Neither did he leave of the people to J.
13. 8 the rest of the acts of J., and all that
13. 9 J. slept with his fathers ; and they buried
13. 10 began Jehoash the son of J. to reign over
13. 22 king, .oppressed Israel all the days of J.
13. 25 the son of J. took again out of the hand
13. 25 which he had taken out of the hand of J.
14. i In the second year of Joash son of J. king
14. 8 the son of J., son of Jehu, king of Israel
14. 17 death of Jehoash, son of J., king of Israel
2 Ch.25. 17 the son of J., the son of Jehu, king of I.
25. 25 death of Joash, son of J. king of Israel
2 A son of Josiah who was deposed by Pharaoh Necho.
B.C. 610. Called also Shallum.
2 Ki. 23. 30 the people of the land took J. the son of
23. 31 J. (was) twenty and three years old when
23. 34 turned his. .to Jehoiakim, and took J. aw.
a Ch-36. i the people of the land took J. the son of
36. 2 J. (was) twenty and three years old when
36. 4 Necho took J. his brother, and carried him
3. The son and successor of Jehoram and father of
Joash, kings of Judah. B.C. 885. Called also Ahaziah.
2 Ch.2i. 17 there was never a son left him, save J.
25. 23 took, .the son of Joash, the son of J.
JE-HO -ASH, J7N1.T, s?xv Jah supports.
1. Son of Ahaziah and father of Amaziah, all kings of
Judah. B.C. 850.
2 Ki. ii. 21 Seven years old (was) J.rwhen he began to
12. i In the seventh year of Jehu, J. began to
12. 2 J. did (that which was) right in the sight
2. 4 J. said to the priests, All the money of
2. 6 the three and twentieth year of king J.
2. 7 J. called for Jehoiada the priest, and the
2. 1 8 J. king of Judah took all the hallowed
4. 13 took, .the son of J., the son of Ahaziah
2. The son and successor of Jehoahaz on the throne of
Israel. He was father of Jeroboam II. See Joash.
2 Ki. 13. 10 began J . the son of Jehoahaz to reign over
13. 25 J. the son of Jehoahaz took again out
14. 8 Amaziah sent messengers to J., the son of
14. 9 J. the king of Israel sent to Amaziah king
14. ii J. king of Israel went up. .he and Amaz.
14. 13 J. king of Israel took Amaziah king of
14. 15 the rest of the acts of J. which he did
14. 16 J. slept with his fathers, and was buried
14. 17 And Amaziah .. lived after the death of J.
JE-HO-HA -NAN, Jjn i.T Jah is gracious..
1. A Kohathite gatekeeper of the tabernacle in David s
reign. B.C. 1015
1 Ch.26. 3 Elam the fifth, J. the sixth, Elioenai the
2. A chief captain of Judah in the days of Jehoshaphat.
2 Ch.i7. 15 nexttohim (was) J. the captain, and with
3. Father of Ishmael, a captain that aided Jehoiada.
2 Ch.23. i and Ishmael the son of J., and Azariah
4. A son of Bebai who had taken a strange wife. B.C.
Ezra 10. 28 Of the sons also of Bebai ; J., Hananiah
5. A priest who returned with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536.
Neh. 12. 13 Of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, J.
6. A singer at the purification of the wall of Jerusalem.
Neh. 12. 42 Eleazar, and Uzzi, and J., and Malchijah
JE-HOI-A -DA, jn.i T, Jah knon.-s.
1. The father of Benaiah one of David s officers. B.C.
2 Sa. 8. 1 8 Benaiah the son of J. (was over) both the
20. 23 Benaiah the son of J. (was) over the Che.
23. 20 Benaiah the son of J. . .slew two. .men of
23. 22 These (things) did Benaiah the son of J.
i Ki. i. 8 Zadok the priest, and Benaiah theson of J.
i. 26 Benaiah the son of J. . .hath he not called
i. 32 Call me. .Benaiah the son of J. And they
i. 36 Benaiah the sou of J. answered the king
i. 38 Benaiah the son of J. . .brought him to G.
1. 44 the king hath sent. .Benaiah the son of J.
2. 25 sent by the hand of Benaiah the son of J.
2. 29 Then Solomon sent Benaiah the son of J.
2. 34 So Benaiah the son of J. went up, and
2. 35 king put Benaiah the son of J. in his room
2. 46 the king commanded Benaiah the sou of J.
4. 4 Benaiah the son of J. (was) over the host
1 Ch.ii. 22 Benaiah the son of J. . .had done many
ii. 24 These (things) did Benaiah the son of J.
1 8. 17 Benaiah the son of J. (was) over the Che.
27. 5 third captain . .(was) Benaiah the son of J.
2. The high priest who made Joash king. B.C. 878.
2 Ki.n. 4 J. sent and fetched the rulers over hund.
ii. 9 captains, .did. .all (things) that J. the pr.
ii. 9 took every man his men. .and came to J.
ii. 15 But J. the priest commanded the captains
11. 17 J. made a covenant between the LORD and
12. 2 days wherein J. the priest instructed him
12. 7 Then king Jehoash called for J. the priest
12. 9 But J. the priest took a chest, and bored
2 Ch 22. ii wife of J. the priest, .hid him from Atha.
23. i in the seventh year J. strengthened hims.
23. 8 all things that J. the priest had comman.
23. 8 for J. the priest dismissed not the courses
23. 9 J. the priest delivered to the captains
23. ii J. and his sons anointed him, and said
23. 14 Then J. the priest brought out the capt.
23. 16 J. made a covenant between him, and be.
23. 18 J. appointed the offices of the house of the
24. 2 Joash did. .right, .all the days of J. the
24. 3 J. took for him two wives ; and he begat
24. 6 the king called for J. the chief, and said
24. 12 J. gave it to such as did the work of the
24. 14 brought the rest of the money before. . J.
-4. 14 offered .. continually all the days of J.
24. 15 But J. waxed old, and was full of days
24. 17 after the death of J. came the princes of
24. 20 spirit, .came upon Zechariah the son of J.
24. 22 kindness which J. his father had done to
24. 25 for the blood of the sous of J. the priest
3. A leader of the Aaronites who joined David at Ziklag.
i Ch.i2. 27 J. (was) the leader of the Aaronites, and
4. Son of Benaiah, son of Jehoiada, the third of David s
counsellors. B.C. 1030.
i Ch.27- 34 after Ahithophel (was) J. the sou of Ben.
5. One of the family of Pageach who repaired a gate ot
Jerusalem. B.C. 445. (Heb. yj;v = Joiada.)
Neh. 3. 6 the old gate repaired J. the son of Paaeah
6. A priest in Jerusalem before the exile, but displaced
by Zt-phaniah. B.C. 600.
Jer. 29. 26 hath made thee priest in the stead of J. the
JE-HO-IA -CHIN, i 3T
i T, r?;r Jah establishes.
A son of Jehoiakim king of Judah. He was set on the
throne by Nebuchadnezzar. B.C. 600.
2 Ki. 24. 6 and J. his son reigned in his stead
24. 8 J. (was) eighteen yearsold when he began
24. 12 J. the king, .went out to the king of Bab.
24. 15 And he carried away J. to Babylon, and
25. 27 thirtieth year of the captivity of J. king
25. 27 he .. did lift up the head of J ... out of pr.
2 Ch-36. 8 and J. his son reigned in his stead
36. 9 J. (was) eight years old when he began to
Jer. 52. 31 thirtieth year of the captivity of J. king
52. 31 Evil-merodach . .lifted up the head of J.
Eze. i. 2 which (was) the fifth year of king J. s cap.
JE-HO-IA -KIM, D p;i,T Jah sets up.
The name given by Pharaoh-Necho to Eliakim son of
Josiah king of Judah, whom he made king instead of
Jehoahaz. B.C. 610-600.
2 Ki. 23. 34 Pharaoh-nechoh . .turned his name to J.
23. 35 J. gave the silver and the gold to Pharaoh
23. 36 J. (was) twenty and five years old when he
24. i and J. became his servant three years
24. 5 the acts of J. . .(are), .written in the book
24. 6 J. slept with his fathers : and Jehoiachin
24. 19 he did. .according to all that J. had done
1 Ch. 3. 15 second J., the third Zedekiah, the fourth
3. 16 the sons of J. ; Jeconiah his son, Zedekiah
2 C h.36. 4 the king of Egypt, .turned his name toJ.
36. 5 J. (was) twenty and five years old when he
36. 8 rest of the acts of J., and his abomina.
Jer. i. 3 It came also in the days of J. the son of
22. 18 thus saith the LORD concerning J. the son
23. 24 though Coniah the son of J. king of Judah
24. i Jeconiah the son of J. king of Judah
25. i in the fourth year of J. the son of Josiah
26. i In the beginning of the reign of J. the
26. 21 J. the king, with all his mighty men, and
26 22 J. the king sent men into Egypt, (namely}
26. 23 brought him unto J. the king ; who slew
27. i 111 the beginning of the reign of J. the
27. 20 away captive Jeconiah the son of J.
28. 4 Jeconiah the son of J. king of Judah, with
35. i in the days of J. the son of Josiah king
36. i in the fourth year of J. the son of Josiah
36. 9 it came to pass in the fifth year of J.
36. 28 which J. the king of Judah hath burnt
36. 29 thou shalt say to J. king of Judah, Thus
36. 30 thus saith the LORD of J. king of Judah
36. 32 the book which J. . .of Judah had burnt
37. i reigned instead of Coniah the sou of J.
45. i of J. the son or Josiah king of Judah
46. 2 of J. the son of Josiah king of Judah
52. 2 he did . . according to all that J. had done
Dan. i. i third year of. .reign of J. king of Judah
i. 2 the LORD gave J. king of Judah into his
JE-HO-IA -RIB, 3 1,iT Jah contends.
1. A priest in Jerusalem. B.C. 445.
i Ch. 9. 10 the priests; Jedaiah, and J. ; and Jachin
2. The head of an Aaronite family when David allotted
the charges of the sanctuary. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.24. 7 the first lot came forth to J the second
JE-HO-NA -DAB, 3-jfi.T Jah is liberal.
A son of Rechab. B.C. 884. See Jonadab.
2 Ki. 10. 15 lighted on J. the son of Rechab (coming)
10. 15 J. answered, It is. If it be, give (me) thine
10. 23 Jehu went, and J. the son of Rechab, into
JE-HO-NA -THAN, jn^.T Jah gives.
1. An overseer of the storehouses in the days of David
1 Ch.27. 25 in the castles, (was) J. the son of Uzziah
2. ALevite sent by Jehoshaphat with his princes to teach
the people. B.C. 912.
2 Ch. 17. 8 Shemiramoth, and J., and Adonijah, and
3. A priest in the days of Jpiakim son of Jeshua. B.C.
536. He is called Jonathan in Neh. 12. 35.
Neh. 12. 18 Of Bilgah, Shammua; of Shemaiah, J.
JE-HO -RAM, Q"yiT Jah is high.
1. A son of Jehoshaphat who succeeded him on tht
throne. B.C. 893-885. See Joram.
1 Ki.22. 50 and Jehoram his son reigned in his stead
2 Ki. i. 17 J. the son of Jehoshaphat king of Judah
8. 16 J. the sou of Jehoshaphat king of Judah
8. 25 did Ahaziah the son of J. king of Judah
8. 29 the son of J. king of Judah went down
12. 18 J., and Ahaziah, his fathers, kings of Jud.
2 Ch.2i. i and J. his son reigned in his stead
21. 3 the kingdom gave he to J., because he
21. 4 when J. was risen up to the kingdom of
21. 5 J. (was) thirty and two years old when he
21. 9 J. went forth with his princes, and all
21. 16 the LORD stirred up against J. the spirit
22. i Ahaziah the son of J. king of Judah rei.
22. 6 the son of J. king of Judah went down
22. ii daughter of king J., the wife of Jehoiada
2. A Son of Ahab, slain by Jehu. B.C. 896-884.
2 Ki. 1. 17 J. reigned in his stead in the second year
3. i J. the son of Ahab began to reign over
3. 6 J. went out of Samaria the same time, and
JEHOSHABEATH 536 JEMUEL
2 Ki. 9. 24 smote J. between his arms, and tin- arrow
2 Ch.22. 5 went with J. the sou of Ahab king of I-.
22. 6 down to gee J. the son of Ahab at .Uv.rofl
22. 7 he went out with J. against Jehu the son
3. A priest sent by Jehoshaphat with Elishama to teach
Judith. B.C. 900.
2 Ch.iy. 8 and with them Elishama and J., priests
JE-HO-SHAB -EATH. nyasn.T Jah makes oath.
A daughter of Jehoram, king of Judah. She concealed
Joash son of Ahaziah. B.C. 885. In 2 K. 1.2 she is
2 Ch.22. ii J., the daughter of the king, took Joash
22. ii J., the daughter of king Jehoram, the
JE-HO-SHA -PHAT, e^iT Jah is judge.
1. David s recorder. B.C. 1030.
2 Sa. 8. 16 and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud(was)
20. 24 and Jehushaphat the son of Ahilud (was)
i Ki. 4. 3 scribes ; J. the Bon of Ahilud, the recorder
i Ch.iS. 15 and J. the son of Ahilud, recorder
2. A commissariat officer of Solomon s. B.C. 1015.
i Ki. 4. 17 J. the son of Paruah in Issachar
8. A son of Asa who succeeded his father as king of
Judah. B.C. 900.
1 Ki.is. 24 and J. his son reigned in his stead
22. 2 J. the king of Judah came down to the
22. 4 he said unto J., Wilt thou go with me to
22. 4 J. said to the king of Israel, I (am) as thou
22. 5 J. said unto the king of Israel, Enquire
22. 7 J. said, (Is there) not here a prophet of
22. 8 the king of Israel said unto J., (There is)
22. 8 And J. said, Let not the king say so
22. 10 the king of Israel and J. . .sat each on his
22. 18 the king of Israel said unto J., Did I not
22. 29 the king of Israel and J. the king of Jud.
22. 30 the king of Israel said unto J., I will
22. 32 the captains of the chariots saw J., that
22. 32 to fight against him : and J. cried out
22. 41 And J. the sou of Asa began to reign over
22. 42 J. (was) thirty and five years old when he
22. 44 And J. made peace with the king of Israel
22. 45 acts of J., and his might that he showed
22. 48 J. made ships of Tharshish to go to Ophir
22. 49 Then said Ahaziah. .son of Ahab unto J.
22. 49 Let my servants go with . . but J. would not
22. 50 J. slept with his fathers, and was buried
22. 51 the seventeenth year of J. king of Judah
a Ki. i. 17 Jehoram the son of J. king of Judah
3. i the eighteenth year of J. king of Judah
3. 7 sent to J. the king of Judah, saying, The
3. ii J. said, (Is there) not here a prophet of
3. 12 J. said, The word of the LORD is with him
3. 12 J. and the king of Edom went down to
;?. 14 regard the presence of J. the king of Ju.
8. 16 J. (being) then king of Judah, Jehoram
8. 16 son of J. king of Judah began to reign
12. 18 J., and Jehoram, and Ahaziah, his fathers
jCh. 3. 10 Abia his son, Asa his son, J. his son
a Ch.i7- i And J. his son reigned in his stead, and
17. 3 the LORD was with J., because he walked
17. 5 Judah brought to J. presents ; and he had
17. 10 so that they made no war against J.
17. ii (some) of the Philistines brought J. pre.
17. 12 J. waxed great exceedingly ; and he built
18. i J. had riches and honour in abundance
1 8. 3 king of Israel said unto J. king of Judah
1 8. 4 J. said unto the king of Israel, Enquire
1 8. 6 J. said, (Is there) not here a propket of
18. 7 the king of Israel said unto J., (There is)
1 8. 7 And J. said, Let not the king say so
18. 9 the king of Israel and J. king of Judah
18. 17 the king of Israel said to J., Did I not
18. 28 and J. the king of Judah went up to Rain.
1 8. 29 the king of Israel said unto J., I will
18. 31 the captains of the chariots saw J., that
18. 31 J. cried out, and the LoRDhelped him; and
19. i J. the king of Judah returned to his house
19. 2 said to king J., Shouldest thou help the
19. 4 J. dwelt at Jerusalem : and he went out
19. 8 in Jerusalem did J. set of the Levites
so. i the Ammonites, came against .1. to battle
20. 2 there came some that told J. , saying There
20. 3 J. feared, :andsethimselfto seektheLoRD
20. 5 J. stood in the congregation of Judah and
20. 15 thou king J., Thus sai th the LORD unto
20. 18 J. bowed his head with (his) face to the
20. 20 J. stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and
20. 25 J. and his people came to take away the
BO. 27 J. in the fore front of them, to go again
20. 30 the realm of J. was quiet; for his God gave
20. 31 J. reigned over Judah; He(was)thirty and
20. 34 the acts of J., first and last, behold, they
20. 35 And after this did J. king of Judah join
20. 37 Eliezer. .prophesied against J., saying
21. i J. slept with his fathers, and was buried
21. 2 he had brethren the sons of J., Azariah
21. 2 these(were) the sons of J. king of Israel
21. 12 not walked in the ways of J. thy father
22. 9 he (is) the son of J., who sought the LORD
4. The father of J elm who conspired against Joram son
of Ahab king of Israel. B.C. 900.
2 Ki. 9. 2 look out there Jehu the son of J. , the son
9. 14 the son of J. the son of Nimshi conspired
6. A priest who assisted in bringing the ark from Obedeuoin.
i Ch.ij. 24 J., and Nethaneel, and Ainasai, and Zee.
ti. A valley E. of Jerusalem, between it and the Mount
Joel 3. 2 will bring them down into the valley of J.
3. 12 come up to the valley of J. : for there will
JE-HO-SHE -BA, I j^i.T Jah makes oath.
The daughter of Joram king of Judah. She concealed
her nephew Joash to prevent his being slain by
Athaliah. See Jehothabeath. B.C. 885.
2 Ki.n. 2 J., the daughter of king Joram, sister of
JE-HO-SHTJ -A, iij
iT Jah saves.
A name sometimes given to Joshua the son of Nun (or
Non). B.C. 1451.
Num. 13. 16 Moses called Oshea the son of Nun, J.
1 Ch. 7. 27 Non his son, J. his son
JE-HO -VAH, niiT the existing one.
The incommunicable name of the God of Israel. In the
Common Version of the English Bible it is generally,
though improperly, translated by "the LOKD, which nee.
Exod. 6. 3 but by my name J. was I not known to
Psa. 83. 18 thou, whose name alone (is) J., (art) the
Isa. 12. 2 J. (is) my strength and (my) song ; he also
26. 4 in the LORD J. (is) everlasting strength
JE-HO-VAH JIK -EH, rihrv njn JehovaJi trillprovide.
A place in Jerusalem afterwards called Marian.
Gen. 22. 14 Abraham called the name of that place J.
JE-HO-VAH NIS -SI, p; .tin; Jehovah is my banner.
An altar erected by Moses to commemorate the defeat
of the Amalekites. B.C. 1491.
Exodi7. 15 an altar, and called the name of it J.
JE-HO-VAH SHA -LOM, ci^v nj.T Jehovah is peace.
An altar built by Gideon. B.C. 1256.
Judg. 6. 24 altar there unto the LORD, and called it J.
JE-HO-ZA -BAD, "i^ji T Jah endows.
1. The son of Shomeror Shimrith from Moab. He was
one of those that slew Jehoash. B.C. 839.
2 Ki.i2. 21 son of Shimeath, and J. the son of Shomer
2 Ch.24. 2,6 and J. the son of Shimrith a Moabitess
2. A son erf Obed-edom, a Korathite gatekeeper. B.C.
1 Ch.26. 4 J. the second, Joah the third, and Sacar
3. A Benjamite, chief captain of Jehoshaphat king of
Judah. B.C. 900.
2 Ch.i7. 1 8 next him (was) J., and with him an hun.
JE-HO-ZA -DAK, (TiyiT Jah is just.
The grandson of Hilkiah who was high priest at the
exile. B.C. 588.
i Ch. 6. 14 Azariah begat Seraiah .. Seraiah begat J.
6. 15 And J. went (into captivity), when the L.
JE -HU, NIT Jah is he.
1. A son of Hanani, the prophet who announced the
Lord s wrath against Baasha king of Israel. B.C. 930.
1 Ki. 16. i the word of the LORD came to J. the son
16. 7 by the hand of the prophet J. the sou of
16. 12 he spake against Baasha by J. the prophet
2 Ch. 19. 2 J. the son of Hanani the seer went out to
20. 34 written in the book of J. . . son of Hanani
2. The son or grandson of Nimshi. He was anointed by
Elijah as king in the room of Ahab. B.C. 884-856.
1 Ki. 19. 16 J. the son of Nimshi shalt thou anoint
19. 17 escapeth the sword of Hazael shall J. slay
19. 17 him that escapeth from the sword of J.
2 Ki. 9. 2 look out there J. the son of Jehoshaphat
9. 5 J. said, I nto which of all us ! And he said
9. 1 1 J. came forth to the servants of his lord
9. 13 and blew with trumpets, saying, J.is king
9. 14 J. the son of Jehoshaphat the son of Ni.
9. 15 J. said, If it be your minds, (then) let none
9. 16 J. rode in a chariot, and went to Jezreel
9. 17 he spied the companyof J. as he came,and
9. 18 J. said, What hast thou to do with peace?
9. 19 J. answered, What hast thou to do with
9. 20 the driving (is) like the driving of J. the
9. 21 they went out against J., and met him in
9. 22 Joram saw J. . .he said, (Is it) peace, J.?
9. 24 J. drew a bow with his full strength, and
9. 27 J. followed after him, and said, Smite him
9. 30 when J. was come to Jezreel, Jezebel he.
g. 31 J. entered in at the gate, she said, (Had)
to. i J. wrote letters, and sent to Samaria, unto
10. 5 sent to J., saying, We (are) thy servants
io. ii J. slew all that remained of the house of
io. 13 J. met with the brethren of Ahaziah king
io. 18 J. gathered all the people together, and
io. 18 Baal a little, (but) J. shall serve him much
io. 19 J. did (it) in subtilty, to the intent that
io. 20 J. said, Proclaim a solemn assembly for
io. 21 J. sent through all Israel : and all the
io. 23 J. went, and Jehonadab the son of Rec.
io. 24 J. appointed four score men without, and
io. 25 J. said to the guard and to the captains
io. 28 Thus J. destroyed Baal out of Israel
io. 29 J. departed not from after them, (to wit)
10. 30 the LORD said unto J., Because thou hast
io. 31 J. took no heed to walk in the law of the
io. 34 the acts of J., and all that he did, and
io. 35 J. slept with his fathers : and they buried
io. 36 the time that J. reigned over Israel in
12. i In the seventh year of J., Jehoash began
13. i the son of J. began to reign over Israel
14. 8 son of Jehoahaz, son of J., king of Israel
15. 12 word of the LORD which he spake unto J.
s Ch.22. 7 he went out with Jehoram against J. the
K. 8 J. was executing judgment upon the house
2 Ch.22. 9 they caught him . .and brought him to J.
25. 17 sou of Jehoahaz, the sou of J., king of I.
Hos. i. 4 the blood of Jezreel upon the house of J.
3. A son of Obed and descendant of Hezron. B.C.
i Ch. 2. 38 And Obed begat J., and J. begat Azariah
4. A son of Josibiah, a Simconite. B.C. 850.
i Ch. 4. 35 J. the son of Josibiah, the son of Seraiah
5. A Benjamite who joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 105(5.
i Ch.i2. 3 and Berachah, and J. the Autothite
JE-HTJB -BAH. (doubtful reading of .12 rr, v.L. nyn).
A descendant of Shamer, an Asherite. B.C. 1610.
i Ch. 7. 34 sons of Shamer ; Ahi, and Rohgah, J., and
JE-HTJ -CAL, JU -CAL? S;?n;, !r;v Jah is able.
A son of Shelemiah, sent by Zedekiah to Jeremiah to
entreat his prayers for the people. B.C. 590.
Jer. 37. 3 the king sent J. the sou of Shelemiah, and
38. i J. the son of Shelemiah, and Pashur the
JE -HTJD, in? honourable.
A city of Dan, near Bene-berak.
Josh 19. 45 And J., and Bene-berak,and Gath-rimmon
JE-HU -DI, "in; a Jew.
One employed by the princes of Judah to bring Baruch
before them. B.C. 606.
Jer. 36. 14 the princes sent J. the son of Nethaniah
36. 21 the king sent J. to fetch the roll : and he
36. 21 J. read it in the ears of the king, and in
36. 23 when J. had read three or four leaves, he
JE-HTJ-DI -JAH, nnir the Jewess.
The wife of Ezra, and a descendant of Judah through
Caleb the spy. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 4. 18 J. bare Jered the father of Gedor, and H.
JE -HTJSH, ir.j?: collector.
A Benjamite of the family of Saul. B.C. 860.
i Ch. 8. 39 J. the second, and Eliphelet the third
JE-I -EL, JE-HI -EL, ^W., God snatches away.
1. A chief Reubenite. B.C. 1200.
i Ch. 5. 7 brethren, .(were) the chief, J., and Zech.
2. A Benjamite, the father of Gibeon, progenitor of
Saul. B.C. 1180. [V.L. Jeuel.]
i Ch. 9. 35 father of Gibeon, J., whose wife s name
3. One of David s valiant men. B.C. 1048. [v.L. Jeuel.]
i Ch.n. 44 Shama and J. . .sons of Hothan the Aro.
4. A Levite gatekeeper and singer in David s reign. E.G.
1 Ch.is. 18 and Mikneiah, and Obed-edom, and J.
15. 21 J., and Azaziah, with harps on the Shem.
16. 5 J., and Shemiramoth and .Tehiel, and Ma.
5. A Levite of the sons of Asaph. B.C. 1040.
2 Ch.2o. 14 son of J., the son of Mattaniah, a Levite
C. A principal scribe or recorder of king Uzziah. B.C.
810. [v.L. Jeuel.]
2 Ch.26. ii their account by the hand of J. the scribe
7. A Levite of the family of Elizaphan ill the time of
Hezekiah. B.C. 726. [v.L. Jeuel.]
2 011.29. 13 of the sons of Elizaphan ; Shimri and J.
8. A chief Levite in the days of Josiah of Judah. B.C.
2 Ch.35. 9 J., an\l Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave
9. A son of Adonikam who returned with Ezra. B.C.
458. [v.L. Jeuel.]
Ezra 8. 13 J., and Shemaiah, and with them threesc.
10. One of the family of Nebo who had married a strange
wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra io. 43 J., Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Jadan, and
JE-KAB-ZE -EL, ^xyilp God gathers.
A city in the S. of Judah, near Edom. See Kabzeel.
Neh. ii. 25 and at J., and (in) the villages thereof
JE-KAM-EAM, C^ Pp standing of the people.
A son of Hebron, grandson of Levi. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.23. 19 Jahaziel the third, and J. the fourth
24. 23 Jahaziel the third, J. the fourth
JE-KAM-I AH, rvipp Jah is standing.
A descendant of Jerahnieel, grandson of Pharez. B.O.
i Ch. 2. 41 Slialkim begat J., and J. begat Elishama
JE-KTT-THI -El, Sx jvp; God is mighty.
A son of Ezra, a descendant of Caleb the spy. B.O.
i Ch. 4. 18 father of Socho, and J. ..father of Zanoah
JE-MT-MA. t? 1? } pure, fortunate, day.
The eldest of the three daughters born to Job after hiB
restoration to health and prosj>erity. B.C. 1520.
Job 42. 14 he called the name of the first, J.; and
JE-HU -EL, >K C; God is light.
A son of Simeon. B.C. 1700. In Num. 26. 12, and i Ch.
4. 24, the name is Jfemuel.
Gen. 46. io J., and Jamin, andOhad, and Jachin.and
Exod. 6. 15 J., and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and
JEOPARD 537 JERICHO
To reproach (i.e. despise}, -"iri ekaraph. 3.
Juclg. 5. 1 8 jeoparded their lives unto the death in
JEOPARDY, to put life in, or to go in
To (jo on with the soul, tf$)3 7? halak be-nephesh.
2 Sa. 23. 17 men that went in jeopardy of their lives?
i Oh. 11.19 meu tnat llave Put tneir lives in Jeopardy ?
JEOPARDY, to be or stand in
To be in danger or peril, KtvSvvfvta kinduneuo.
Luke 8. 23 and they were filled . .and were in jeopar.
i Co. 15. 30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?
JEPH -TEAH.JEPH -THAE, np>r an opposer, lj>9de.
A Gileadite judge of Israel. He delivered it from the
Ammonites. B.C. 1150. In the Epistle to the Heb.
ii. 32 he is called Jephthce.
Judg ii. i J. the Gileadite was a mighty man of val.
ii. i the son of an harlot : and Gilead begat J.
ii. 2 they thrust out J., and said unto him
ii. 3 J. fled from his brethren, and dwelt in
ii. 3 there were gathered vain men to J.
ii. 5 went to fetch J. out of the land of Tob
ii. 6 they said unto J., Come, and be our cap.
ii. 7 J. said unto the elders of Gilead, Did
n. 8, 10 And the elders of Gilead said unto J.,Th.
ii. 9 J. said unto the elders of Gilead, If ye
ii. ii J. went with the elders of Gilead, and
ii. ii J. uttered all his words before the LORD
ii. 12 J. sent messengers unto the king of the
11.13 king, .answered unto the messengers of J.
ii. 14 J. sent messengers again unto the king
11.15 Thus saith J., Israel took not away the
ii. 28 not unto the words of J. which he sent
ii. 29 the Spirit of the LORD came upon J., and
ii. 30 J. vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said
ii. 32 J. passed over unto the children of Amrn.
ii. 34 J. came to Mizpeh unto his house, and
11. 40 lament the daughter of J. the Gileadite
12. i said unto J., Wherefore passedst thou
12. 2 J. said unto them, I and my people were
12. 4 J. gathered together all the men of Gilead
12. 7 J. judged Israel six years. Then died J.
i Sa. 12. ii sent Jerubbaal, and Bedan, and J., and
Heb. n. 32 (of) Barak, and (of) Samson, and (of) J.
3E-PETJN -NEH, n|s;, appearing.
1. A man of the tribe of Judah, and father of Caleb the
spy. B.C. 1500.
Nunii3. 6 Of the tribe of Judah, Caleb the son of J.
14. 6 the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of J.
14. 30 the son of J., and Joshua the son of Nun
14. 38 the sou of Nun, and Caleb the son of J.
26. 65 the son of J., and Joshua the son of Nun
32. 12 son of J. the Kenezite, and Joshua the
34. 19 Of the tribe of Judah, Caleb the son of J.
Deut. i. 36 Save Caleb the son of J.; he shall see it
Josh. 1 4. 6 the son of J. the Kenezite said unto him
14. 13 gave unto Caleb the son of J. Hebron
14. 14 the inheritance of Caleb the son of J.
15. 13 unto Caleb the son of J. he gave a part
21. 12 fields, .gave they to Caleb the son of J. for
i Ch. 4. 15 sons of Caleb the son of J. ; Iru, Elah.and
6. 56 fields, .they gave to Caleb the son of J.
2. An Asherite, head of a family. B.C. 1500.
i Ch. 7. 38 the sons of Jether ; J., and Pispah, and
JE -RAH, rrv moon.
A son of Joktan of the family of Shem. B.C. 2210.
Gen. 10. 26 Joktan begat Almodad. .and J.
i Ch. i. 20 Joktan begat Almodad, and S. . .and J.
JE-RAH-ME -EL, Vx^m; God is merciful.
1. A son of Hezron, grandson of Judah. B.C. 1540.
i Ch. 2. 9 sons also of Hezron. . J., and Ram, aud
2. 25 thesonsofJ. the first born of Hezron were
2. 26 J. had also another wife, whose name (was)
2. 27 sons of Ram the first born of J. wereMaaz
2. 33 Peleth,andZaza. These were the sons of J.
2. 42 Now the sons of Caleb the brother of J.
2. A son of Kish, a Merarite. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.24. 29 Concerning Kish : the son of Kish (was) J.
3. An officer of Jehoiakim, king of Judah. B.C. 606.
Jer. 36. 26 the king commanded J. the son of Ham.
The family of Jerahmeel, son of Hezron.
i Sa. 27. 10 against the south of the J., and against
30. 29 to (them) which (were) in the cities of the J.
JE -RED, TV low,floicing.
A son of Ezra a descendant of Caleb the spy. B.C.
1 Ch. 4. 1 8 his wife Jehudijah bare J. the father of
fE-RE -MAI, C V Jah is high.
One of the family of Hashum who had taken a strange
wife. B.C. 456.
. Ezra 10. 33Of thesonsof Hashum. . J.,Manasseh,(and)
JE-RE-MT-AM, i.Ttrr, .TOT, Jah is hic/h Itpepl
1. An inhabitant of Libnah, whose daughter Hamutal
was the wife of Josiah and mother of Jehoahaz, kings
of Judah. B.C. 660.
2 Ki. 23. 31 name (was) Hamutal, the daughter of J.
24. 18 name (was) Hamutal, the daughter of J.
Jer. 52. i name (was) Hamutal the daughter of J.
2. A Manassehite, head of a family. B.C. 800.
i Ch. 5. 24 Azriel, and J., and Hodaviah, and Jahdiel
3 One that joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 4 and J., and Jahaziel, and Johanan, and
4. A Gadite who also joined David at Ziklag.
i Ch.i2. 10 Mishrnannah the fourth, J. the fifth
5. Another Gadite that also joined David there.
1 Ch.i2. 13 J. the tenth, Machbanai the eleventh
6. Son of Hilkiah. The prophet from Anathoth in the
days of Josiah. B.C. 628. He was ol the line of Abiathar.
2 Ch-35. 25 J. lamented for Josiah; and all the singing
36. 12 humbled not himself before J. the prophet
36. 21 To fulfil the word, .by the mouth of J.
36. 22 the word of the LORD, .by the mouth of J.
Ezra i. i the word of the LORD by the mouth of J.
Jer. i. i The words of J. the son of Hilkiah, of the
i. ii saying, J., what seest thou ! And I said, I
7. i The word that came to J. from the LORD
ii. i The word that came to J. from the LORD
14. i The word .. that came to J. concerningthe
18. i The word which came to J. from the LORD
18. 18 Come, and let us devise devices against J.
19. 14 Then came J. from Tophet, whither the L.
20. i Now Pashur. .heard that J. prophesied
20. 2 Then Pashur smote J. the prophet, and
20. 3 that Pashur brought forth J. out of the
20. 3 Then said J. unto him. The LORD hath not
21. i The word which came unto J. from the
21. 3 Then said J. unto them, Thus shall ye say
24. 3 Then said the LORD. .What seest thou, J.?
25. i word that came to J. concerning all the
25. 2 which J. the prophet spake unto all the
23. 13 which J. hath prophesied against all the
26. 7 all the people heard J. speaking these
26. 8 when J. had made an end of speaking aL
26. 9 all the people were gathered against J. in
26. 12 Then spake J. unto all the princes, and
26. 20 prophesied..according to all the words ofJ.
26. 24 hand of Ahikam..son of Shapham..withJ.
27. i came this word unto J. from the LORD
28. 5 Then the prophet J. said unto the prophet
28. 6 Even the prophet J. said, Amen : the LORD
28. 10 took the yoke from off the prophet J. s
28. ii And the prophet J. went his way
28. 12 Then the word of the LORD came unto J.
28. 12 prophet had broken the yoke from off.. J.
28. 15 Then said the prophet J. unto Hananiah
29. i letter that J. the prophet sent from Jer.
29. 27 therefore why hast thou not reproved J.
29. 29 priest read this letter in the ears of J. the
29. 30 Then came the word of the LORD unto J.
30. i The word that came to J. from the LORD
32. i The word that came to J. from the LORD
32. 2 J. the prophet was shut up in the court
32. 6 J. said, The word of the LORD came unto
32. 26 Then came the word of the LORD unto J .
3g. i the word of the LORD came unto J. the
33. 19 the word of the LORD came unto J., saying
33. 23 Moreover the word of the LORD came to J .
34. i The word whlth came unto J. from the L.
34. 6 Then J. the prophet spake all these words
34. 8 (This is) the word that came unto J. from
34. 12 Therefore the word of the LORD came to J.
35. i The wordivhich came unto J. from the L.
35. 12 Then came the word of the LORD unto J.
35. 18 J. said unto the house of the Rechabites
36. i this word came unto J. from the LORD
36. 4 Then J. called Baruch the son of Nsriah
36. 4 Baruch wrote from the mouth of J. all
36. 5 J. commanded Baruch, saying, I (am) shut
36. 8 And Baruch. .did according to all that J.
36. 10 read Baruch in the book the words of J.
36. 19 Go, hide thee, thou and J.; and let no
36. 26 to take Baruch the scribe, and J. the pro.
36. 27 Then the word of the LORD came to J.
36. 27 words .. Baruch wrote at the mouth of J.
36. 32 Then took J. another roll, and gave it to
36. 32 who wrote therein, from the mouth of J.
37. 2 words . . which he spake by the prophet J.
37. 3 the king sent Jehucal. .to the prophet J.
37. 4 Now J. came in and went out among the
37. 6 the word of the LORD unto the prophet J.
37. 12 Then J. went forth out of Jerusalem to go
37. 13 and he took J. the prophet, saying, Thou
37. 14 Then said J. . . I fall not away to the Cha.
37. 14 Irijah took J., and brought him to the pri.
37. 15 Wherefore the princes were wroth with J.
37. 16 When J. was entered into the dungeon
37. 1 6 and J. had remained there many days
37. 17 Is there (any) word from the LORD ? And J.
37. 18 Moreover J. said unto king Zedekiah
37. 21 that they should commit J. into the court
37. 21 Thus J. remained in the court of the pris.
38. i Pashur . . heard the words that J. had sp.
38. 6 Then took they J., and cast him into the
38. 6 they let down J. with cords . . so J. v. 9.
38. 7 Ebed-melech . . heard that they had put .T.
38. 10 Take, .hence thirty men. .and take up J.
38. ii took the men. .and let them down, .to J.
38. 12 Ethiopian said unto J. . .And J. did so
38. 13 So they drew up J. with cords, and took
38. 13 J. remained in the court of the prison
38. 14 Then Zedekiah. .took J. . .unto him into
38. 14 the king said unto J., I will ask thee a th.
38. 15 Then J. said unto Zedekiah, If I declare
38. 16 Zedekiah the king sware secretly unto J.
38. 17 Then said J. unto Zedekiah, Thus saith
-.j8. 19 Zedekiah the king said unto J., I am af.
38. 20 But J. said, They shall not deliver (thee)
38. 24 Then said Zedekiah unto J., Let no man
38. 27 Then came all the princes unto J., and
38. 28 So J. abode in the court of the prison
39. ii Nebuchadr. . .gave charge concerning J.
Jer. 39. 14 they sent, and took J. out of the court of
39. 15 Now the word of the LORD came unto J
40. i The word which came to J. from the LORT>
40. 2 the captain of the guard took J., and said
40. 6 Then went J. unto Gedaliah the son of A.
42. 2 said unto J. the prophet, Let, we beseech
42. 4 Then J. the prophet said unto them, I
42. 5 Then they said to J., The LORD be a true
42. 7 that the word of the LORD came unto J.
43. i J. had made an end of speaking unto all
43. 2 Then spake Azariah . .unto J., Thou
43. 6 J. the prophet, and Baruch the son of N.
43. 8 Then came the word of the LORD unto J.
44. i word that came to J. concerning all the J.
44. 1 5 all the women that stood by . . answered J.
44. 20 Then J. said unto all the people, to the
44. 24 Moreover J. said unto all the people, and
45. i The word that J. the prophet spake unto
45. i these words in a book at the mouth of J.
46. i word of the LORD which came to J. the
46. 13 word that the LORD spake to J. the prop.
47. i word of the LORD that came to J. the pr.
49. 34 word of the LORD that came to J. the pr.
50. i word that the LORD spake, .by J. the pr.
51. 59 which J. the prophet commanded Seraiah
51. 60 J. wrote in a book all the evil that should
51. 61 J. said to Seraiah, When thou comest to
51. 64 Thus far (are) the words of J.
Dan. 9. 2 the word of the LORD came to J. the pro.
Matt. 2. 17 that which was spoken by J. the prophet
16. 14 Elias ; and others, J., or one of theprop.
27. 9 that which was spoken by J. the prophet
7. A priest who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah.
Neh. 10. 2 Seraiah, Azariah, J.
12. i of Shealtiel, and Jeshua : Seraiah, J., E.
12. 12 fathers : of Seraiah, Meraiah ; of J., Ha.
12. 34 Judah, and Benjamin. .Shemaiah, and J.
8. A descendant of Jonadab, son of Rechab. B.C. 600.
Jer. 35. 3 the son of J., the son of Habazaniah, and
JE-RE -MOTH, nisi: elevation.
1. A son of the Benjamite Beriah. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 8. 14 And Ahio, Shashak, and J.
2. One who married a foreigner in Ezra s time.
Ezra 10. 26 and Jehiel, and Abdi, and J., and Eliah
3. One who married a foreigner in Ezra s time.
Ezra 10. 27 Mattaniah, and J. , aud Zabad, and Aziza
4. The same as Jerimoth, No. 4. i Ch. 23. 23.
5. The same as Jerimoth, No. 5. i Ch. 25. 22.
JE-RI -AH, JE-RI -JAH, inn , n;-?;/a/4 isfoundation.
\ descendant of Hebron, grandson of Levi, in the days
of David. B.C. 1030.
i Ch.23- 19 J. the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel
24. 23 J.(... first), Amariah the second, Jahaziel
26. 31 Among the Hebronites (was) J. the chief
JE-RI -BAI, *y~\\Jah contends.
A valiant man of David s guard. B.C. 1048.
i Ch.n. 46 J. and Joshaviah, the sons of Elnaam
JE-RI -CHO, irn:, ini:, nivv fragrant, Ifpixw.
A famous city of Benjamin in the plain and on the W.
of the Jordan, twenty-five miles N.E. of Jerusalem.
It i8-now called Er Kiha. It was taken by Joshua
1451 B.C., and rebuilt 918 B.C. by Kiel. It is also called
"the city of palm trees," and was reduced by Vespasian,
Nuni22. i plains of Moab on this side Jordan (by) J.
26. 3, 63 the plains of Moab, by Jordan (near) J.
31. 12 of Moab, which (are) by Jordan (near) J.
33. 48, 50 the plains of Moab, by Jordan (near) J
34. 15 on this side Jordan (near) J. eastward
35. i in the plains of Moab by Jordan (near) J.
36. 13 in the plains of Moab by Jordan (near) J.
Deut 32. 49 the land of Moab, that (is) over against J.
34. i the top of Pisgah, that(is)over against J.
34. 3 the plain of the valley of J., the city of
Josh. 2. i Go view the land, even J. And they went
2. 2 it was told the king of J., saying, Behold
2. 3 And the king of J. sent unto Rahab, say.
3. 16 the people passed over right against J.
4. 13 forty thousand, .passed, .the plains of J.
4. 19 encamped inGilgal, in the east borderofJ.
5. 10 and kept the passover. .in the plains of J.
5. 13 when Joshua was by J., that he lifted up
6. i J. was straitly shut up because of the
6. 2 I have given into thine hand J., and the
6. 25 messengers which Joshua sent to spy... J.
6. 26 that riseth up and buildeth this city J.
7. 2 Joshua sent men from J. to Ai, which (is)
8. 2 as thou didst unto J. and her king : only
9. 3 what Joshua had done unto J. and to Ai
10! i as he had done to J. and her king, so he
10. 28 and he did. .as he did unto the king of J.
10. 30 but did. .as he did unto the king of J.
12. 9 The king of J., one ; the king of Ai, which
13. 32 on the other side Jordan, by J., eastward
16. i fell from Jordan by J. unto the water of J.
16. i to the wilderness that goeth up from J.
16. 7 and came to J., and went out at Jordan
18. 12 the border went up to the side of J. on
18. 21 according to their families were J., and
20. 8 the other side Jordan by J. eastward, they
24. ii and came unto.T.: and themenofJ.fought
2 Sa. 10. 5 Tarry at J. until your beards be grown
1 Ki. 16. 34 his days did Hiel the Beth-elite build J.
2 Ki. 2. 4 the LORD hath sent me to J. And he
2. 4 I will not leave thee. So they came to J.
2. 5 sons of the prophets thnt (were) at J. came
JERIEL 538 JERUSALEM
2 Ki. 2. 15 sous of. .prophets, .(were) to view at J.
2. 18 theycame again to him, forhe tarried at J.
25. 5 overtook him in the plains of J. : and all
1 Ch. 6. 78 on the other side Jordan by J., on the
1 9 5 Tarry at J. until your beards be grown
2 Ch.28. 15 brought them to J., the city of palm trees
Ezra 2. 34 The children of J., three hundred forty
Xeh. 3. 2 And next unto him builded the men of J.
7. 36 The children of J., three hundred forty
Jer. 39. 5 overtook Zedekiah in the plains of J. : and
52. 8 overtook Zedekiah in the plains of J. ; and
Matt 20. 29 as they departed from J., a great multit.
Mark 10. 46 they came to .T. : and as he went out [of J.]
Luke 10. 30 certain (man) went . . from Jerusalem to J.
18. 35 as he was come niglVuntoJ., a certain blind
i And (Jesus) entered and passed through J.
Heb. ii. 30 the walls of J. fell down, after they were
JE-RI -EL, rx T foundation of God.
A son of Tola, son of Issachar. B.C. 1650. i Ch. 7. 2.
JERIJAH. ,SVrf JERIAH.
JE-RI -MOTH, r.ia*v elevation.
1 A son of liela, son of Benjamin. B.C. 1650.
i Ch. 7. 7 and Uzzi, and I zziel, and J., and Iri, five
1. A son of Becher, son of Benjamin. B.C. 1650. (rtfenj.)
i Ch. 7. 8 and J., and Abiah, and Anathoth, and A.
3. A valiant man who joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch 12. 5 and J., and Bealiah, and Shemariah, and
4. A son of Mushi, grandson of Levi. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.23- 23 sons of Mushi ; Mahli, and Eder, and J.
24. 30 sons also of Mushi ; Mahli, and Eder. . J.
5. A son of Heman, appointed by David for the service
of song. B.C. 1015. (See Jeremoth.)
i Ch.25. 4 J., Hananiah, Hanarii, Eliathah, Ciddalti
6. A ruler in Xaphtali in the days of David. B.C. 1020.
1 Ch.27. 19 Obadiah : of Xaphtali; J. the son of Azriel
7. A son of David, not elsewhere mentioned. B.C. 1015.
2 Ch.ii 1 8 daughter of J. the son of David to wife
JE-EI -OTH, niyT tremulousness.
A wife or concubine of Caleb son of Hezron. B.C. 1580.
i Ch. 2. 18 (children) of Azubah (his) wife, and of J.
JE-ROB-O -AM, cyi~r enlarrier.
l.A son of Xebat from Zereda in Manasseh. He became
the first king of the ten tribes of Israel. B.C. 970.
i Ki. ii. 26 J. the son of Xebat, an Ephrathiteof Zer.
ii. 28 J. (was) a mighty man of valour : and So.
n. 29 at that time when J. went out of Jerusa.
ii. 31 he said to J., Take thee ten pieces ; for
11. 40 Solomon sought therefore to kill J. : andJ.
12. 2 J. the son of Xebat, who was yet in Egypt
12. 2 for he was fled . .and J. dwelt in Egypt
12. 3 J. and all the congregation of Israel came
12. 12 J. and all the people came to Rehoboam
12. 15 LoRDspakebyAhijahtheShiloniteuntoJ.
12. 20 all Israel heard that J. was come again
12. 25 J. built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and
12. 26 J. said in his heart, Xow shall the king.
12. 32 J. ordained a feast in the eighth month
13. i and J. stood by the altar to burn incense
13. 4 J. heard the saying of the man of God
13. 33 J. returned not from his evil way, but
12. 34 this thing became sin unto the house of J.
14. i that time Abijah the son of J. fell sick
14. 2 J. said to his wife, Arise, I pray thee, and
14. 2 thou be not known to be the wife of J.
14. 4 J. s wife did so, and arose, and went to
14. 5 the wife of J. cometh to ask a thing of
14. 6 Come in, thou wife of J. ; why feignest
14. 7 tell J., Thus saith the LORD God of Israel
14. 10 the house of J., and will cut off from J.
14. 10 take away the remnant of the house of J.
14. ii Him that dieth of J. in the city shall
14. 13 for he only of J. shall come to the grave
14. 13 (some) good thing, .in the house of J.
14. 14 who shall cut off the house of J. that day
+ 14. 16 give Israel up because of the sins of J.
14. 17 J. s wife arose, and departed, and came
14. 19 the acts of J., how he warred, and how he
14. 20 the days which J. reigned (were) two and
14. 30 war between Rehoboam and J. all (their)
15. i eighteenth year of king J. the son of Xe.
15. 6 there was war between Rehoboam and J.
15. 7 And there was war between Abijam and J.
15. 9 the twentieth year of J. king of Israel
15. 25 the son of J. began to reign over Israel
15. 29 smote all the house of J. ; he left not to J.
- 15. 30 Because of the sins of J. which he sinned
i5. 34 walked in the way of J., and in his sin
^.16. 2 thou hast walked in the way of J., and
16. 3 like the house of J. the son of Xebat
16. 7 provoking him. .in being like, .house of J.
^16. 19 walking in the way of J., and in his sin
i> 16. 26 in all the way of J. the son of Xebat, and
xi6. 31 walk in the sins of J. the son of Xebat
si. 22 like the house of J. the son of Xebat
22. 52 in the way of J. the son of Xebat, who
s 2 Ki. 3. 3 unto the sins of J. the son of Xebat
9. 9 like the house of J. the son of Xebat
- 10. 29 (from) the sins of J. the son of Xebat, who
10. 31 he departed not from the sins of J., which
^13. 2 followed the sins of J. the son of Xebat
13. 6 departed not from the sins of . . house of J.
^13. ii from all the sins of J. the son of Xebat
^ 14. 24 from all the sins of J. the son of Xebat
15. 9, 1 8, 24 from the sins of J. the son of Xebat
15. 38 he departed not from the sins of J. the
2 Ki.i7. 21 they made J. the son of Xebat king: and J.
<. 17. 22 walked in all the sins of J. which he did
23. 15 the high place which J. the son of X ebat
2 Ch. 9. 29 visions of Iddo the seer against J. the
10. 2 when J. the son of Xebat, who (was) in E.
10. 2 came to pass . . that J. returned out of E.
10. 3 J. and . . Israel came and spake to Rehob.
10. 12 J. and all the people came to Rehoboam
10. 15 by the hand of Ahijah the Shilonite to J.
11. 4 obeyed . .returned from going against J.
11. 14 J. and his sons had cast them off from
12. 15 wars between Rehoboam and J. contin.
13. i in the eighteenth year of king J. began
13. 2 And there was war between Abijah and J.
13. 3 J. also set the battle in array against
13. 4 and said, Hear me, thou J., and all Israel
13. 6 J. the son of Xebat, the servant of Solomon
13. 8 golden calves, which J. made you for gods
13. 13 But J. caused an ambushment to come
13. 15 God smote J. and all Israel before Abijah
13. 19 Abijah pursued after J., and took cities
13. 20 Xeither did J. recover strength again in
2. A son of Joash or Jehoash the grandfather of Jehu.
2 Ki.i3- 13 J. sat upon his throne : and Joash was
14. 16 and J. his son reigned in his stead
14. 23 J. the son of Joash king of Israel began
14. 27 saved . .by the hand of J. the son of Toash
14. 28 the acts of J., and all that he did, and
14. 29 J. slept with his fathers, (even) with the
15. i the twenty and seventh year of J. king of
15. 8 did Zachariah the son of J. reign over
i Ch. 5.17 All these were reckoned . . in the days of J.
Hos. i. i and in the days of J. the son of Joash
Amos i. i in the days of J. the son of Joash king
7. 9 I will rise against the house of J. with
7. 10 priest of Beth-el sent to J. king of Israel
7. 1 1 J. shall die by the sword, and Israel shall
JE-RO -HAM, OIJT loved.
1. A Levite, the grandfather of Samuel. B.C. 1190.
i Sa. i. i the son of J., the son of Elihu, the son of
i Ch. 6. 27 Eliab his son, J. his son, Elkanah his son
6. 34 son of J., the son of Eliel, the son of Toah
2. The head of a Benjamite family. B.C. 1300.
i Ch. 8. 27 Jaresiah . . Eliah, and Zichri, the sons of J.
3. A descendant of Benjamin in Jesusalem. B.C. 470.
i Ch. 9. 8 the son of J., and Elah the son of I zzi
4. A priest whose son Adaiah lived in Jerusalem after
the exile. B.C 445.
i Ch. 9. 12 the son of J., the son of Pashur, the son
Xeh. 11.12 the son of J., the son of Pelaliah, the son
5. One whose two sons join-d David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 7 Joelah, and Zebadiah .. sons of .f. of Gedor
6. The father of Azareal, prince of Dan in the days of
David. B.C. 1048.
1 Ch. 27. *2 Of Dan; Azareel the son of J. These (were)
7. The father of Azariah, who helped Jehoiada to set
Joash on the throne of Judah. B.C. 800.
2 Ch.23. i the son of J , and Ishmael the son of
JE-RTTB-BA -AL, ^fiS^J contender ivith Baal.
The name given to Gideon by his father Joash. B.C. 1256.
Judg. 6. 32 he called him J., saying, Let Baal plead
7. i J., who (is) Gideon, and all the people that
8. 29 J. the son of Joash went and dwelt in his
8. 35 showed they kindness to the house of J.
9. i the son of J. went to Shechem unto his
9. 2 the sous of J., (which are) threescore and
9. 5 slew his brethren the sons of J., (being)
9. 5 Jotham the youngest son of J. was left
9. 16 ye have dealt well with J. and his house
9. 19 have dealt truly and sincerely with J.
9. 24 (done) to the three score and ten sons of J.
9. 28 (Is) not (he) the son of J.? and Zebul his
9. 57 came the curse of Jotham the son of J.
1 Sa. 12. ii And the LORD sent J., and Bedan, and J.
JE-RTJB-BE -SHETH, nspli; contender with the idol.
Another name of Gideon, given to him by those who
wished to avoid pronouncing the name of Baal in the
former name. Compare Ishbosheth with Eshbaal, &c.
2 Sa. ii. 21 Who smote Abimelech the son of J.? did
JE-RTT -EL, SNIT foundation of Ood.
A. wilderness in the S. of Judah, west of the hill of Ziph.
2 Ch.2o. 1 6 of the brook, before the wilderness of J.
JE-RTJ-SA -LEM, D^ T, O^PT, nipP T, c^nj lepoff&\
v(j.a, Iepot>rra\T)/u, possession ofpence.
A city of the Amorites called Jebus, on the X. of Judah,
but counted to Benjamin ; it is 15 miles from Jordan
and Salt Sea, and 31 from the Mediterranean; it was
built on four hills Zion, Acra, Moriah, and Bezetha ;
it was surrounded on the E., W., and S. by a valley,
which was environed with hills ; it had three walls with
towers, and was about 4$ miles in circumference. It
was first taken by Judah, Judg. i. 8, but only in part, v.
21, and finally by David, B.C. 1049, 2 Sa. 5. 6; during
1011-1004 its temple was built; in 970 it was plundered
by Shishak ; find in 884 by the Philistines and Arabs in
the days of Jehoram; in 808 by the Israelites; in 710
besieged by Sennacherib ; in 610 taken by Pharoah-
Xecho; in 598 plundered by Xebuchadnezzar ; in 588
rebels against him; in 587 the temple was burnt; in 538
Cyrus encourages its rebuilding; in 515 it is dedicated;
in 445 Xehemiah rebuilds the wall ; in 3-32 it is visited
by Alexander the Great; in 320 captured by Ptolemy
Sater; in 302 annexed to Egypt; in 170 its walls razed
by Antiochus Epiphanes ; in 63 taken by Pompey ; in 44
its walls rebuilt by Antipater, father of Herod the Great :
on Sept. 8., A.D. 70, it was destroyed by the Romans ; in
130 rebuilt by Hadrian ; in 335 Constantine founded the
Church of the Holy Sepulchre; in 614 taken by the
Persians ; in 637 by the Saracens ; in 1076 by the Turks ;
in 1098 assigned to Egypt ; in 1099 taken by the Crusaders ;
in 1187 by Saladin; in 1228 assigned to the Christians;
in 1 243 taken by the Carizmians ; in 1 5 1 7 by the Ottomans ;
in 1832 assigned to Egypt; and in 1841 to Turkey.
Josh. 10. i when Adoni-zedec king of J. had heard
10. 3 king of J. sent unto Hoham king of Hebron
10. 5 Therefore.. the kingofJ.. .went up. .and
10. 23 the king of J., the king of Hebron, the king
12. 10 The king of J., one ; the king of Hebron
15. 8 south side of the Jebusite; the same (is) J.
15. 63 the inhabitants of J., the children of
15. 63 dwell with the children of Judah at J.
18. 28 and Jebusi, which (is) J., Gibeath, (and)
Judg. i. 7 they brought him to/., and there he died
i. 8 children of Judah had fought against J.
i. 21 drive out the Jebusites that inhabited J.
1. 21 dwell with the children of Benjamin in J.
19. 10 and came over against Jebus, which (is) J.
1 Sa. 17. 54 David took the head, .and brought ittoJ.
2 Sa. 5. 5 in J. he reigned thirty and three years
5. 6 hismenwent to J. unto the Jebusites, the
5. 13 took, .more concubines and wives out of J.
5. 14 of those that were born unto him in J.
8. 7 took the shields, .and brought them to J.
9. 13 Mephibosheth dwelt in J.; for he did eat
10. 14 from the children of Ammon. .came to J.
11. i But David tarried still at J.
n. 12 Uriah abode in J. that day and the morr.
12. 31 David and all the people returned untoJ.
14. 23 went to Geshur, and brought Absalom to.I.
14. 28 Absalom dwelt two full years in J., and
15. 8 the LORD shall bring me again indeed to J.
15. ii withAbsal. went two hundred men. .of J.
15. 14 all his servants that (were) with him at J.
15. 29 Abiathar carried the ark of God again to J.
15. 37 into the city, and Absalom came into J.
16. 3 he abidethat J. : for hesaid, Todayshall
16. 15 men of Israel, came to J., and Ahithoph.
17. 20 could not find (them), they returned to J.
19. 19 day that my lord the king went out of J.
19. 25 when he was come to J. to meet the king
19. 33 with me, and I will feed thee with me in J .
19. 34 that I should go up with the king unto J.?
20. 2 clave unto their king, from Jordan, .to J.
20. 3 David came to his house at J. ; and the
20. 7 they went out of J., to pursue after Sheba
20. 22 And Joab returned to J. unto the king
24. 8 they came to J. at the end of nine months
24. 16 stretched, .his hand upon J. to destroy it
1 Ki. 2. ii thirty and three years reigned he in J.
2. 36 Build thee an house in J., and dwellthera
2. 38 And Shimei dwelt in J. many days
2. 41 Shimei had gone from J. to Gath.and was
3. i the house . . and the wall of J. round about
3. 15 he came to J., and stood before the ark of
8. i children of Israel, unto king Solomon in J.
9. 15 the wall of J., and Hazor, and Megiddo
9. 19 that which Solomon desired to build in J.
10. 2 she came to J. with a very great train
10. 26 whom he bestowed . . with the king at J.
10. 27 the king made silver (to be) in J. as stones
n. 7 high place, .in the hill that (is) before J.
11. 13 and for J. s sake, which I have chosen
ii. 29 time when Jeroboam went out of J., that
ii. 32 for J. s sake, the city which I have chosen
ii. 36 may have a light alway before me in J.
11. 42 the time that Solomon reigned in J. over
12. 18 get him up to his chariot, to flee to J.
12. 21 when Rehoboam was come to J., he asse.
12. 27 sacrifice in the house of the LORD at J.
12. 28 It is too much for you to go up to J.
14. 21 he reigned seventeen years in J., the city
14. 25 Shishak king of Egypt came up against J.
15. 2 Three years reigned he in J. : and his
15. 4 did the LORD his God give him a lamp in J.
15. 4 set. .his son after him, and to establish J.
15. 10 And forty and one years reigned he in J.
22. 42 he reigned twenty and five years in J.
2 Ki. 8. 17 and he reigned eight years in J.
8. 26 he reigned one year inJ. And his mother s
9. 28 servants carried him in a chariot to J.
12. i forty years reigned he in J. And his
12. 17 and Hazael set his face to go up to J.
12. 18 sent(it) to Hazael. .he went away from J.
14. 2 and reigned twenty and nine years in J.
14. 2 his mother s name (was) Jehoaddan of J.
14. 13 came to J., and brake down the wall of J.
14. 19 they made a conspiracy against him in J.
14. 20 he was buried at J. with his fathers in
15. 2 J. And his mother s name. .Jecoliah of J.
15. 33 he reigned sixteen years in J. And his
16. 2 reigned sixteen years in J., and did not
16. 5 Pekah..kingof Israel came up to J. to
1 8. 2 he reigned twenty and nine years in J.
1 8. 17 against J. . .they went up, and came to J.
18. 22 J., Ye shall worship before thisaltarin i^
18. 35 LORD should deliver J. out of mine hand?
19. 10 J. shall not be delivered into the hand
19. 21 the daughter of J. hath shaken her head
19. 31 out of J. shall go forth a remnant, and
i reigned fifty and five years in J. And his
4 the LORD said, In J. will I put my name
7 in J. , which I have chosen out of all tribes.
12 I (am) bringing (such) evil upon J. and
13 I will stretch over J. the line of Samaria
13 and I will wipe J. as(aman)wipethadi3h;
JERUSALEM 539 JERUSALEM
i K ! .
16 he liad filled J. from one end to another
IQ reigned two years in J. And his mother s
i and he reigned thirty and one years in J.
14 she dwelt in J. in the college; and they
1 unto him all the elders of Judah and of J.
2 the inhabitants of J. with him, and the
4 he burned them without J. in the fields of
5 Judah, and in the places round about J.
6 from the house of the LORD, without J.
n came not up to the altar of the LORD in J.
13 high places that (were) before J., which
20 burned men s bones, .and returned to J.
23 this passover was holden to . . LORD in J.
24 were spied in the land of Judah and in J.
27 will cast off this city J. which I have
30 brought him to J., and buried him in his
31 and he reigned three months in J.And his
33 put him . .that he might not reign in J.
36 and he reigned eleven years in J. And his
4 he filled J. with innocent blood ; which
8 and he reigned in J. three months. And
8 Xehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of J.
10 the servants, .came up against J., and
14 lie carried away all J., and all the princes
15 (those) carried he into captivity from J.
1 8 and he reigned eleven years in J. And his
20 it came to pass in J. and Judah, until he
i his host, against J , and pitched against
8 a servant of the king of Babylon, nnto J.
9 houses of J., and eery great (man s)
10 brake down the walls of J. round about
4 in J. he reigned thirty and three years
5 these were born unto him in J. : Shimea
10 in the temple that Solomon built in J.
15 the LORD carried away Judah and J. by
32 had built the house of the LORD in J.
28 (were), .chief (men). These dwelt in J.
32 also dwelt with their brethren in J.
3 in J. dwelt the children of Judah, and
34 These chief fathers . . dwelt at J. 9. 38
4 Israel went to J., which (is) Jehus, where
3 And David took more wives at J.: and D.
4 names of (his) children which he had in J.
3 David gathered all Israel together to J.
7 took the shields . . and brought them to J.
15 entered into the city. Then Joab came to J.
i David tarried at J. And Joab smote Rab.
3 David and all the people returned to J.
4 went throughout all Israel, and came to J.
15 And God sent an angel unto J. to destroy
16 sword in his hand stretched put over J.
25 people, jthat they may dwell in J. tor ever
i men, and with all the valiant men, unto J.
27 thirty and three (years) reigned he in J.
4 for he had pitched a tent for it at J.
1 3 the high place that (was) at Gibeon to J.
14 which he placed, .with the king at J.
15 the king made silver and gold at J. (as
7 men that (are) with me in Judah and in J.
16 to Joppa, and thou shalt carry it up to J.
1 house of the LORD at J. in mount Moriah
2 Solomon assembled the elders, .unto J.
6 I have chosen J., that my name might be
6 all that Solomon desired to build in J.
i prove Solomon with hard questions at J.
25 the chariot cities, and with the king at J.
27 the king made silver in J. as stones, and
30 And Solomon reigned in J. over all Israel
15 to get him up to (his)chariot, to flee to J.
1 when Rehoboam was come to J.,he gath.
5 Rehoboam dwelt in J., and built cities for
14 Levites left, .and came to Judah and J.
1 6 such as set their hearts, .came to J., to
2, 9 Shishak king of Egypt came . . against J.
4 he took the fenced cities, .and came to J.
5 that were gathered together to J. because
7 shall not be poured out upon J. by the
13 Rehoboam strengthened himself in J., and
13 and he reigned seventeen years in J., the
2 He reigned three years in J. His mother s
15 carried away sheep . .and returned to J.
10 they gathered themselves together at J.
13 men of war, mighty men of valour, .in J.
i returned to his house in peace to J.
4 Jehoshaphat dwelt at J. : and he went out
8 in J. did Jehoshaphat set of the Levites
8 controversies, when they returned to J.
5 stood in the congregation of Judah and J.
15 inhabitants of J., and thou king Jehosh.
17 the salvation of the LORD with you. . J.
18 the inhabitants of J. fell before the LORD
20 Hear me, O .ludah. .ye inhabitants of J.
27 every man of Judah and J., and Jehosh.
27 to go again to J. with joy ; for the LORD
28 they came to J. with psalteries and harps
31 he reigned twenty and five years in J.
5 Jehoram . . reigned eight years in J.
1 1 caused the inhabitants of J. to commit
13 hast made Judah and the inhabitants of J.
20 he reigned in J. eight years, and departed
1 the inhabitants of J. made Ahaziah his
2 he reigned one year in J. His mother s
2 went about in Judah. .they came to J.
i he reigned forty years in J. His mother s
6 out of Judah and out of J., the collection
9 a proclamation, through Judah and J..
1 8 wrath came upon Judah and J. for this
23 they came to Judah and J., and destroyed
i he reigned twenty and nine years in J.
i his mother s name (was) Jehoaddan of J.
23 to J., and brake down the wall of J. from
27 they made a conspiracy against him in J.
a Oh. -jo.
3 and he reigned fifty and two years in J.
3 mother s name also (was) Jecoliah of J.
9 built towers in J. at the corner gate, and
15 he made in J. engines, invented by cunn.
i reigned sixteen years in J. His mother s
8 to reign, and reigned sixteen years in J.
i he reigned sixteen years in J.: but he did
10 keep under the children of Judah and J.
24 he made him altars in every corner of J.
27 they buried him in the city, (even) in J.
i he reigned nine and twenty years in J.
8 wrath of the LORD wasupon Judah and J.
1 should come to the house of the L. at J.
2 the congregation in J., to keep the pass.
3 people gathered themselves together to J.
5 passover unto the LORD God of Israel at J.
1 1 Zebulun humbled themselves . . came to J.
13 there assembled at J. much people to ke.
14 took away the altars that (were) in J.
21 children of Israel that were present at J.
26 there was great joy in J. : for since the
26 since the time . .was) not the like in J.
4 commanded the people that dwelt in J.
2 that he was purposed to fight against J.
9 king of Assyria send his servants to J.
9 unto all Judah that (were) at J., saying
10 Whereon do ye trust, that ye abide, .in J.?
12 and commanded Judah and J., saying
1 8 the people of J. that (were) on the wall
19 they spake against the God of J., as aga.
22 saved Hezekiah and the inhabitants of J.
23 many brought gifts unto the LORD to J.
25 wrath upon him, and upon Judah and J.
26 (both) he and the inhabitants of J., so
33 tlie inhabitants of J. did him honour at
i and he reigned fifty and five years in J.
4 had said, In J. shall my name be for ever
7 in J., which I have chosen before all the
9 Judah and the inhabitants of J. to err
13 brought him again to J. into his kingdom
15 mount of the house of the LORD, and in J.
21 began to reign, .reigned two years in J.
i and he reigned in J. one and thirty years
3 purge Judah and J. from the high places
5 burnt the bones, .cleansed Judah and J.
7 he had broken down, .he returned to J.
9 delivered the money . .they returned to J.
22 she dwelt in J. in the college ; and they
29 together all the elders of Judah and J.
30 the inhabitants of J., and the priests, and
32 he caused all that were present in J. and
32 the inhabitants of J. did according to
i Josiah kept a passover. .the LORD in J.
1 8 were present, and the inhabitants of J.
24 and they brought him to J., and he died
24 all Judah and J. mourned for Josiah
1 made him king in his father s stead in J.
2 and he reigned three months in J.
3 the king of Egypt put him down at J., and
4 Eliakim his brother king. .Judah and J.
5 reigned eleven years in J. : and he did
9 reigned three months and ten days in J.
10 Zedekiah his brother, .over Judah and J.
it Zedekiah. .reigned eleven years in J.
14 of the LORD which he. .hallowed in J.
19 brake down the wall of J., and burnt all
23 charged me to build him an house in J.
2 charged me to build him an house at J.
3 and let him go up to J., which (is) in Ju.
3 house of the LORD God . .which (is) in J.
4 offering for. .house of God that (is) in J.
5 build . .house, of the LORD which (is) in J.
7 Nebuchadnezzar, .brought forth out of J.
1 1 were brought up from Babylon unto J.
i came again unto J. and Judah, everyone
68 to the house of the LORD which (is) at J.
i gathered themselves, .as one man to J.
8 their coming unto the house of God at J.
8 were come out of the captivity unto J.
6 against the inhabitants of Judah and J.
8 the scribe wrote a letter against J. to
12 came up from thee . . are come unto J.
20 There have heen mighty kings also over J.
23 they went up in haste to J. unto the Jews
24 work of the house of God which (is) at J.
1 unto the Jews that (were) in Judah and J.
2 to build the house of God which (is) at J.
14 took out of the temple that (was) in J.
15 carry them into the temple that (is) in J.
1 6 foundation of . . house of G. which (is) in J.
1 7 decree . . to build this house of God at J.
3 decree (concerning) the house of God at J.
5 took . .out of the temple which (is) at J.
5 brought again unto, .temple which (is) atJ.
9 appointment of the priests which (are) at J .
12 destroy this house of God which (is) at J.
18 for the service of God, which (is) at J.
7 the porters, and the Xethinims, unto J.
8 he came to J. in the fifth month, which
9 first (day) of the fifth month came he to J.
13 of their own free will to go up to J., go
14 enquire concerning Judah and J., accord.
15 God of Israel, whose habitation (is) in J.
16, 17 the house of their God which (is) in J.
19 (those) deliver thou before the God of J.
27 the house of the LORD which (is) in J.
29 at J., in the chambers of the house of the
30 to bring (them) to J., unto the house of
3 1 twelfth (day) of . . first month, to go unto J.
32 we came to J. , and abode there three days
9 and to give us a wall in Judah and in J.
7 made proclamation throughout J. and J.
Ezra 10. 7 should gather themselves together imtoJ.
10. 9 together unto J. within three days. It
Neh. i. 2 asked them concerning the Jews., and. .J.
1. 3 the wall of J. also (is) broken down, and
2. n So I came to J., and was there three days
2. 12 my God had put in my heart to do at J.
2. 13 viewed the walls of J., which were broken
2. 17 J. (lieth) waste, and the gates thereof are
2. 17 let us build up the wall of J., that we be
2. 20 portion, nor right, nor memorial, in J.
3. 8 and they fortified J. unto the broad wall
3. 9 son of Hur, the ruler of the half part of J.
3. 12 the ruler of the half part of J., he and
4. 7 heard that the walls of J. were made up
4. 8 (and) to fight against J., and to hinder it
4. 22 every one with his servant lodge within J .
6. 7 appointed prophets to preach of thee at J.
7. 2 the ruler of the palace, charge over J.
7. 3 Let not the gates of J. be opened until
7. 3 appoint watches of the inhabitants of J.
7. 6 came again to J. and to Judah, every one
8. 15 proclaim in all their cities, and in J.
n. i And the rulers of the people dwelt at J.
11. i one of ten to dwell in J. the holy city
ii. 2 willingly offered themselves to dwell at J.
ii. 3 chief of the province that dwelt in J.
n. 4 at J. dwelt (certain) of the children of
ii. 6 the sons of Perez that dwelt at J. (were)
1 1 . 22 The overseer also of the Levites at J . (was)
12. 27 at the dedication of the wall of J., they
12. 27 to bring them to J. , to keep the dedication
12. 28 out of the plain country round about J.
12. 29 hadbuilded them villages round about J.
12. 43 that the joy of J. was heard even afar off
13. 6 in all this (time) was not I at J. : for in
13. 7 I came to J., and understood of the evil
13. 15 they brought into J. on the sabbath day
13.16 sold . . unto the children of Judah, and in J.
13. 19 the gates of J. began to be dark before
13. 20 merchants, .lodged without J. once or tw.
Esth. 2. 6 Who had been carried away from J. with
Psa. 51. 18 Do good, .build thou the walls of J.
68. 29 Because of thy temple at J. shall kings
79. i they defiled ; they have laid J. on heaps
79. 3 have they shed like water round about J.
102. 21 To declare the name, .and his praise in J.
116. 19 in the midst of thee, O J. Praise ye the
122. 2 Our feet shall stand within thy gates, J.
122. 3 J. is builded as a city that is compact
122. 6 Pray for the peace of J. : they shall pros.
125. 2 (As) the mountains (are) round about J .
128. s thou shalt see the good of J. all the days
135. 21 LORD out of Zion, which dwelleth at J.
137- 5 O J-i let my ri nt hand forget (her cunn.)
137. 6 if I prefer not J. above my chief joy
137. 7 the children of Edom in the day of J. ; who
147. 2 The LORD doth build up J. : he gathereth
147. 12 Praise the LORD, O J.; praise thy God, O
Eccl. i. i the Preacher, the son of David, king in J
i. 12 I the Preacher was king over Israel in J
1. 1 6 all (they) that have been before me in J.
*. 7 above all that were in J. before me
2. 9 more than all that were before me in J.
Song i. 5 black, but comely, O ye daughters of J.
2. 7 I charge you, O ye daughters of J., by
3 . 5 I charge you, O ye daughters of J., by
3. 10 paved (with) love, for the daughters of J.
5. 8 I charge you, O daughters of J., if ye find
5 . 16 and this (is) my friend, O daughters of J.
6. 4 ( art) beautiful, my love . . comely as J.
8. 4 I charge you, O daughters of J., that ye
Isa. i. i which he saw concerning Judah and J.
2. i that Isaiah . . saw concerning Judah and J.
2. 3 the law, and the word of the LORD from J.
3. i doth take away from J. and from Judah
3. 8 For J. is ruined, and Judah is fallen ; be.
4. 3 (he that) remaineth in J., shall be called
4. 3 one (that is) written among the living in J.
4. 4 LORD . . shall have purged the blood of J.
5 . 3 now, O inhabitants of J. . .judge, I pray
7 . i went up toward J. to war against it, but
14 and for a snare to the inhabitants of J.
10 graven images did excel them of J. and
11 Shall I not. .so do to J. and her idols
12 his whole work upon mount Zion and on J.
32 shake his hand (against), .the hill of J.
10 And ye have numbered the houses of J.
21 shall be a father to the inhabitants of J.
23 LORD . . shall reign in mount Zion, and in J.
13 worship the LORD in the holy mount at J.
14 men, that rule this people which (is) in J.
19 the people shall dwell in Zion at J. : thou
5 As birds flying, so will the LORD . . defend J.
9 whose fire (is) in Zion, and his furnace in J.
20 thine eyes shall see J . a quiet habitation
2 king, .sent Rabshakeh from Lachish to J.
7 said to Judah and to J., Ye shall worship
20 the LORD should deliver J. out of my ha.
10 J. shall not be given into the hand of the
22 daughter of J. hath shaken her head at
32 out of J. shall go forth a remnant, and
2 Speak ye comfortably to J., and cry unto
9 O J., that bringest good tidings, lift up
27 I will give to J. one that bringeth good
9.6 that saith to J., Thou shalt be inhabited
28 saying to J., Thou shalt be built ; and to
17 O J., which hast drunk at the hand of the
1 put on thy beautiful garments, O J., the
2 sit down, O J. : loose thyself from the ba,
9 sing together, ye waste places of J. : for
9 comforted his people, . .hath redeemed J
i for J. s sake I will not rest, until the
JERUSALEM 540 JERUSALEM
lea. 62. 6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O J
62. 7 and till he make J. a praise in the earth
64. 10 Zion is a wilderness, J. a desolation
65. 18 I create J. a rejoicing, and her people a
65. 19 I will rejoice in J., and joy in my people
66. 10 Rejoice ye with J., and be glad with her
66. 13 comfort you. .ye shall be comforted in J.
66. 20 upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain J.
Jer. i. 3 the carrying away of J. captive in the
1. 15 throne at the entering of the gates of J.
2. 2 cry in the ears of J., saying, Thus saith
3. 17 they shall call J. the throne of the LORD
3. 17 unto it, to the name of the LORD, to J.
4. 3 saith the LORD to the men of Judah and J.
4. 4 ye men of Judah and inhabitants of J.
4. 5 publish in J. ; and say, Blow ye the trum.
4. 10 hast greatly deceived this people and J.
4. ii shall it be said to this people and to J.
4. 14 O J., wash thine heart from wickedness
4. 16 publish against J., (that) watchers come
5. i ye to and fro through the streets of J.
6. i gather yourselves to flee out of . . J., and
6. 6 cast a mount against J. : this (is) the city
6. 8 Be thou instructed, O J.,lest my soul de.
7. 17 cities of Judah, and in the streets of J.?
7. 34 from the streets of J., the voice of mirth
8. i the bones of the inhabitants of J., out of
8. 5 Why (then) is this people of J. slidden
9. 1 1 I will make J. heaps, (and) a den of dra.
ti. 2 men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of J.
xz. 6 cities of Judah, and in the streets of J.
ii. 9 A conspiracy, .among, .inhabitants of J.
xi. 12 inhabitants of J. go and cry unto the gods
11.13 (according to) . . number of the streets of J.
13. 9 pride of Judah, and the great pride of J.
13. 13 prophets, and all the inhabitants of J.
13. 27 O J. 1 wilt thou not be made clean ? when
14. 2 Judah mourneth. .the cry of J. is gone up
14. 16 shall be cast out in the streets of J.
15. 4 be removed . . for (that) which he did in J.
15. 5 who shall have pity upon thee, O J. ? or
17. 19 Go and stand, .in all the gates of J.
17. 20 the inhabitants of J., that enter in by
17. 21 bear, .nor bring (it) in by the gates of J.
17. 25 men of Judah, and the inhabitants of J.
17. 26 from the places about J., and from the
17. 27 even entering in at the gates of J. on the
17. 27 it shall devour the palaces of J., and it
1 8. TI the inhabitants of J., saying, Thus saith
19. 3 O kings of Judah, and inhabitants of J.
19. 7 the counsel of Judah and J. in this place
19. 13 the houses of J., and the houses of
22. 19 drawn and cast forth beyond the gates of J.
23. 14 I have seen also in the prophets of J. an
23. 15 from the prophets of J. is profaneness
24. i with the carpenters and smiths, from J.
24. 8 the residue of J., that remain in this land
25. 2 of Judah, and to all the inhabitants of J.
25. 18 J., and the cities of Judah, and the kings
a6. 1 8 J. shall become heaps, and the mountain
27. 3 of the messengers which come to J. unto
27. 18 the house of the king of Judah, and at J.
27. 20 away captive Jeconiah. .from J. to Baby.
27. 20 captive, .all the nobles of Judah and J.
27. 21 the house of the king of Judah and of J.
29. i the prophet sent from J. unto the residue
29. i carried away captive from J. to Babylon
29. 2 princes of Judah and J., and the carpen.
29. 2 and the smiths, were departed from J.
29. 4 to be carried away from J. unto Babylon
29. 20 whom I have sent from J. to Babylon
29. 25 letters., unto all the people that (are) at J.
32. 2 the king of Babylon s army besieged J.: and
32. 32 men of Judah, and the Inhabitants of J.
32. 44 hi the places about J., and in the cities
33. 10 in the streets of J., that are desolate
33. 13 in the places about J., and in the cities
33. 16 J. shall dwell safely : and this (is the name)
34. i fought against J., and against all the
34. 6 words unto Zedekiah king of Judah in J.
34. 7 king of Babylon s army fought against J.
34. 8 with all the people that (were) at J.
34. 19 the princes of J., the eunuchs, and the
35. 1 1 let us go to J. for fear of the army of
35. ii for fear of the army, .so we dwell at J.
35. 13 men of Judah and the inhabitants of J.
35. 17 upon all inhabitants of J. all the evil
36. 9 proclaimed a fast, .to all the people in J.
36. 9 that came from the cities of Judah unto J.
36. 31 upon the inhabitants of J., and upon the
37. 5 Chaldeans that besieged J. heard tidingg
37. 5 Chaldeans . . heard . . they departed from J.
37. ii army. .Chaldeans was broken up from J.
37. 12 Jeremiah went forth out of J. to go into
38. 28 J. was taken : and he was (there) when J.
39. i Nebuchadnezzar, .and. .army against J.
39. 8 with fire, and brake down the walls of J.
40. i were carried away captive of J. and Judah
42. 1 8 poured forth upon the inhabitants of J.
44. 2 all the evil that I have brought upon J.
44. 6, 21 of Judah and in the streets of J.
44. 9 land of Judah and in the streets of J. ?
44- 13 as I have punished J., by the sword v.i 7.
51. 35 My blood upon the inhabitants, .shall J.
51. 50 remember, .and let J. come into your mind
52. i and he reigned eleven years in J. And
52. 3 it came to pass in J. and Judah, till he
52. 4 came, he and all his army, against J., and
52. 12 fifth month. . came Nebuzar-adan . .into J.
52. 13 the houses of J., and all the houses of the
52. 14 brake down all the walls of J. round about
SB. ?9 carried away captive from J. eight hund.
Lam. i. 7 J. remembered in the days of her affliction
i. 8 J. hath grievously sinned ; therefore she
1. 17 J. is as a menstruous woman among then
2. 10 the virgins of J. hang down their heads
2. 13 shall I liken to thee, O daughter of J. ?
2. 15 and wag their head at the daughter of J
4. 12 should have entered into the gates of J.
Eze. 4. i and pourtray upon it the city, (even) J
4. 7 shall set thy face toward the siege of J.
4. 1 6 I will break the start of bread in J. : and
5. 5 This (is) J. : I have set it in the midst of
8. 3 brought me in the visions of God to J.
9. 4 midst of the city, through the midst of J
9. 8 in thy pouring out of thy fury upon J. ?
it. 15 unto whom the inhabitants of J. have
12. 10 This burden (concerneth) the prince in J.
12. 19 the Lord GOD of the inhabitants of J.
13. 16 which prophesy concerning J., and which
14. 21 I send my four sore judgments upon J.
14. 22 the evil that I have brought upon J., (even
15. 6 so will I give the inhabitants of J.
16. 2 Son. .cause J. to know her abominations
16. 3 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto J. ; Thy
17. 12 the king of Babylon is come to J., and
21. 2 set thy face toward J., and drop (thy w.)
21. 20 may come . .to Judah in J. the defenced
21. 22 his right hand was the divination for J.
22. IQ I will gather you into the midst of J.
23. 4 names ; Samaria (is) Aholah, and J. Ahol.
24. 2 set himself against J. this same day
26. 2 that Tyrus hath said against J., Aha! she
33. 21 one that, .escaped out of J. came unto me
36. 38 as the flock of J. in her solemn feasts
Dan. i. i Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto J.
5. 2 taken out of the temple which (was) in J.
5. 3 temple of the house of God. .(was) at J.
6. 10 windows, .open in his chamber toward J.
9. 2 seventy years in the desolations of J.
9. 7 the inhabitants of J., and unto all Israel
9. 12 not been done as hath been done upon J.
9. 1 6 thy fury be turned away from thy city J.
9. 16 J. and thy people (are become) a reproach
9. 25 to build J. unto the Messiah the Prince
Joel 2. 32 J. shall be deliverance, as the LORD
3. i bring again the captivity of Judah and J.
3. 6 the children of J. have ye sold unto the
3. 16 out of Zion, and utter his voice from J.
3. 17 then shall J. be holy, and there shall no
3. 20 and J. from generation to generation
Amos i. 2 from Zion, and utter his voice from J.
2. 5 and it shall devour the palaces of J.
Obad. 1 1 entered . . his gates . . and cast lots upon J.
20 the captivity of J., which (is) in Sepharad
Mic. i. i which he saw concerning Samaria and J.
i. 5 high places of Judah? (are they) not J. ?
i. 9 unto the gate of my people, (even) to J.
i. 12 camedown from the LORD unto, .gate of J.
3. 10 Zion with blood, and J. with iniquity
3. 12 J. shall become heaps, and the mountain
4. 2 of Zion, and the word of the LORD from J.
4. 8 kingdom shall come to the daughter of J.
Zeph. i. 4 Judah, and upon all the inhabitants of J.
i. 12 I will search J. with candles, and punish
3. 14 rejoice with all the heart, .daughter of J.
3. 1 6 shall be said to J., Fear thou not ; (and)
Zech. i. 12 how long wilt thou not have mercy on J.
i. 14 I am jealous for J. and for Zion with a
i. 16 I am returned to J. with mercies : my h.
i. 1 6 a line shall be stretched forth upon J.
i. 17 yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose J.
1. 19 which have scattered Judah.israel, and J.
2. 2 measure J., to see what (is) the breadth
2. 4 J. shall be inhabited (as) towns without
2. 12 And the LORD, .shall choose J. again
3. 2 the LORD that hath chosen J. rebuke thee
7. 7 J. was inhabited and in prosperity, and
8. 3 will dwell in the midst of J. : and J. shall
8. 4 old women dwell in the streets of J., and
8. 8 they shall dwell in the midst of J. ; and
8. 15 I thought in these days to do well unto J.
8. 22 shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in J.
9. 9 shout, daughter of J. : behold, thy King
9. 10 chariot from E., and the horse from J.
12. 2 I will make J. a cup of trembling unto
12. 2 siege both against Judah (and) against J.
12. 3 that day will I make J. a burdensome st.
12. 5 The inhabitants of J. (shall be) my stren.
12. 6 J. shall be inhabited again . .(even) in J.
12. 7 the glory of the inhabitants of J. do not
12. 8 the LORD defend the inhabitants of .1.
12. 9 all the nations that come against J.
12. 10 upon the inhabitants of J., the spirit of
12. ii shall there be a great mourning in J., as
13. i fountain opened, .to the inhabitants of J.
14. 2 gather all nations against J. to battle
14. 4 mount of Olives, which (is) before J. on
14. 8 living waters shall go out from J.; half
14. 10 a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of J.
14. ii but J. shall lie safely inhabited
14. 12 the people that have fought against J.
14. 14 Judah also shall fight at J.: and the we.
14. 1 6 of all the nations which came against J.
14. 17 not come up of (all) the families, .unto J.
14. 21 Yea, every pot in J. and in Judah shall
Mai. 2. ii abomination, .committed in Is. and in J.
3. 4 Then shall the offering of Judah and J.
Matt. 2. i there came wise men from the east to J.
2. 3 he was troubled, and all J. with him
3. 5 Then went out to him J., and all Judea
4. 25 (from) J., and (from) Judea, and (from)
5. 35 neither by J.; for it is the city of the
15. i scribes and Pharisees, which were of J.
Matt 16. 21 must go unto J., and suffer many things
20. 17 And Jesus going up to J. took the twelve
20. 18 we go up to J.; and the Son of man shall
21. i they drew nigh unto J., and were come to
21. 10 when he was come into J., all the city
23- 37 O J., J., (thou) that killest the Mark prophets i. 5 all the land of Judea, and they of J., and
3. 8 from J., and from Idumsea, and (from)
3. 22 the scribes which came down from J. said
7. i certain of the scribes, which came from J.
10. 32 they were in the way going up to J.; and
0. 33 we go up to J. ; and the sou of man shall
1. i when they came nigh [to J.], unto Bethph.
i. 1 1 Jesus entered into J., and into the temple
i. 15 they come to J.: and Jesus went into the
1. 27 they come again to J.: and as he was w.
5. 41 women which came up with him unto J.
Luke 2. 22 they brought him to J., to present (him)
2. 25 there, .a man in J., whose name (was) S.
2. 38 all them that looked for redemption in J
2. 41 his parents went to J. every year at the
2. 42 they went up [to J. J after the custom of the
2. 43 the child Jesus tarried behind in J. ; and
2. 45 they turned back again to J., seeking him
4. 9 And he brought him to J., and set him
5. 17 of every town of Galilee, and Judea, andJ.
6. 1 7 people out of all Judea and J., and from
9. 31 decease which he should accomplish at J.
9. 51 he stedfastly set his face to go to J.
9. 53 his face was as though he would go to J.
jo. 30 A certdfh (man) went down from J. to Jer.
13. 4 sinners above all men that dwelt in J.?
13. 22 went., teaching, andrjourney. toward [J.]
13. 33 cannot be that a prophet perish out of J.
13. 34 O J., J., which killest the prophets, and
17. ii as he went to J., that he passed through
18. 31 we go up [to J.], and all things that are
19. ii becausehewas nigh toJ., and because they
19. 28 he went before, ascending up to J.
21. 20 when ye shall see J. compassed with arm.
21. 24 J. shall be trodden down of the Gentiles
23. 7 who himself also was at J. at that time
23. 28 Daughters of J., weep not forme, butweep
24. 13 which was from J. (about) threescore fur.
24. 1 8 Art thou only a stranger in J., and hast
24. 33 and returned to J., and found the eleven
24. 47 among all nations, beginnintr at J.
24. 49 tarry yein the city of [J.],untilyebeendued
24. 52 and returned to J. with great joy
John i. 19 priests and Levites from J. to ask him
2. 13 passover was athand . .Jesus went, .to J.
2. 23 he was in J. at the passover, in the feast
4. 20 J. is the place where men ought to wors.
4. 21 neither in this mountain, nor yet at J.
4. 45 the things that he did at J. at the feast
5. i feast of the Jews ; and Jesus went up to J.
5. 2 there is at J., by the sheep (market), a pool
7. 25 Then said some of them of J., Is not this
10. 22 it was at J. the feast of the dedication
11. 18 Bethany was nigh unto J., about fifteen
11. 55 and many went out of the countryup to J.
12. 12 they heard that Jesus was coming to J.
Acts . 4 they should not depart from J., but wait
. 8 ye shall be witnesses unto me both in J.
. 12 Then returned they unto J. from the mo.
. 12 which is from J. a sabbath day s journey
. 19 it was known unto all the dwellers at J.
2. 5 there were dwelling at J. Jews, devout
2. i4,(ye) that dwell at J., be this known unto
4. 6 andasmany..weregatheredtogetheratJ.
4. 16 (is) manifest to all them that dwell in J.
5. 16 (out) of the cities round about unto J.
5. 28 ye have filled J. with your doctrine, and
6. 7 the disciples multiplied in J. greatly ; and
8. i persecution against, .which was at J.
8. 14 the apostles which were at J. heard that
8. 25 returned [to J.], and preached the gospel
8. 26 the way that goeth down from J. unto Ga.
8. 27 an eunuch, .had come to J. for to worship
9. 2 he might bring them bound unto J.
9. 13 much evil he hath done to thy saints at J.
9. 21 which called on this name in J., and came
9. 26 when Saul was come to J., he assayed to
9. 28 with them coming in and going out at J.
10. 39 both in the land of the Jews, and in J.
11. 2 when Peter was come up [to J.], they that
11. 22 the ears of the church which was [in J.]
n. 27 in these days came prophets from J.
12. 25 Barnabas and Saul returned from J., when
13. 13 John departing from them returned to J.
13. 27 they that dwell at J., and their rulers
13. 31 which came up with him from Galilee toJ.
15. 2 should go up to J. unto the apostles and
15. 4 And when they were come to J. , they were
16. 4 the apostles and elders which were [at J.]
18. 21 [I must., keep this feast that cometh in J.]
19. 21 Paulpurposed in spirit.. to go [to J.], saying
20. 16 hasted, .to be [at J.] the day of Pentecost
20. 22 go bound in the spirit unto j., not know.
21. 4 who said., that lie should not go up [to J. ]
21. n So shall the Jews at J. bind the man that
21. 12 and they.. besought him not to go up to J.
21. 13 die at J. for the name of the Lord Jesus
21. 15 took up our carriages, and went up [to J.]
21. 17 And when we were come to J., the breth.
21. 31 tidings came, .that all J. was in an uproar
22. 5 bring them which were . . bound unto J.
22. 17 when I was come again to J., even while
22. 18 get thee quickly out of J.: for they will
23. ii as thou hast testified of me in J., so must
24. ii twelve days since I went up to J. for to
25. i three days he ascended from Cesarea to J.
JERUSHA 541 JESUS
Acts 25. 3 he would send for him to J., laying wait
25. 7 the Jews which came down from J., stood
25. 9 Wilt them go up to J., and there be judged
25. 15 when I was at J., the chief priests and the
25. 20 I asked (him) whether he would go to J.
25. 24 have dealt with me, both at J., and (also)
26. 4 at the first among mine own nation at J.
26. 10 Which thing I also did in J. : and many of
26. 20 and at J., and throughout all the coasts
28. 17 yet was I delivered prisoner from J. into
Rom 15. 19 from J., and round about unto Illyricum
15. 25 I go unto J. to minister unto the saints
15. 26 contribution for the. .saints which are at J.
15. 31 that my service which (I have) for J. may
i Co. 16. 3 I send to bring your liberality unto J.
Gal. i. 17 Neither went I up to J. to them which
1. 18 I went up to J. to see Peter, and abode
2. i I went up again to J. with Barnabas, and
4. 25 mountSiuai in Arabia, andanswereth to J.
4. 26 But J. which is above is free, which is the
Heb. 12. 22 the city of the living God, theheavenly J.
Rev. 3. 12 of the city of my God, (which is) New J.
21. 2 John saw the holy city, new J., coming
21. 10 and showed me that great city, the holy J.
TE--RTJ--S,HA, JE--RU--SH,AH, N, j\ possesson.
The daughter of Zadok and wife of Uzziah, and mother
of Jotham, kings of Judah. B.C. 760.
2 Ki.i5. 33 his mother s name (was) J., the daughter
2 Ch.27. i His mother s name also (was) J., the dau.
JE-SA-IAH, JE-SHA-I AH,n;y?>:, n;y8>: Jah is helper.
1. A grandson of Zerubbabel. B.C. 470.
i Ch. 3. 21 the sons of Hananiah ; Pelatiah, and J.
2. A son of Jeduthun, and one appointed to the service
of song. B.C. 1015.
i 011.25. 3 Zeri, and J., Hashabiah, and Mattithiah
25. 15 eighth to ,T., (he), his sons, and hisbrethr.
3. A grandson of Eliezer, son of Hoses, and ancestor of
Shelomith. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.26. 25 J. his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri
4. One of the family of Elam that returned with Ezra. B.C.
Ezra 8. 7 J. the son of Athaliah, and with him sev.
5. A Merarite who joined Ezra. B.C. 447.
Ezra 8. 19 and with him J. of the sons of Merari, his
6. A Benjamite whose posterity dwelt in Jerusalem.
Neh. ii. 7 Maaseiah, the son of Ithiel, the son of J.
JE-SHA -NAH, .i#: ancient.
A city near Bethel and Ephraim on the N. of Benjamin.
2 011.13. 19 J. with the towns thereof, and Ephraim
JE-SHAR-E -LAH, rr^tfj of Jesharel.
A Levite who presided over the service of song. B.C.
i 011.23. 14 The seventh to J., (he)> his sons, and his
JE SHEB-E -AB, 3X3^ seat of the father.
The head of the i4th course of the priests in the service
of the sanctuary. B.C. 11015.
i 011.24. 1 3 thirteenth to Huppah, the fourteenth to J.
JE -SHER, T^; Tightness.
A son of Caleb, son of Hezron. B.C. 1540.
i Ch. 2. 18 son 3 (are) these; J., andShobab, and Ard.
JE-SHI -MON, ;te $% fiap] a waste, a desert.
1. A place in the Sinaitic peninsula on the E. of Jordan.
Nuni2i. 20 the top of Pisgah, which looketh toward J.
23. 28 the top of Peor, that looketh toward J.
2. A place in the desert of J udah on the W. of Jordan.
i 83.23. 24 of Maon, in the plain on the south of J.
26. i the liill of Hachilah, (which is) before J.?
JE-SHI -SHAI, "# &} Jah is ancient.
An ancestor of a Gadite family. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 5. 14 sou of J., the son of Jahdo, the son of B.
JE-SHO-HA-I AH, irnitr humbled by Jah.
A descendant of Simeon. B.C. 800.
i Ch. 4. 36 J., and Asaiah, and Adiel, and Jasimiel
JE-SHTJ -A, JE-SHTT -AH, Hier Jah is help.
1. A priest of the sanctuary. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch. 24. ii The ninth to J., the tenth to Shecaniah
Ezra 2. 36 of the house of J., nine hundred seventy
Neh. 7. 39 of the house of J., nine hundred seventy
2. A Levite in the days of Hezekiah. He managed the
tithes. B.C. 720.
2 Ch.3i. 15 J., and Shemaiah, Amariah, and Shecan.
Ezra 2. 4ochildrenof J., and Kadmiel, of the children
Neh. 7. 43 The Levites : the children of J., of Kad.
3. A priest who returned with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536.
Ezra 2. 2 J , Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Morde.
3. 2 Then stood up J. the son of Jozadak, and
3. 8 J. the son of Jozadak, and the remnant of
3. 9 Then stood J. (with) his sons and. .breth.
4. 3 J., and the rest of the chief of the fathers
5. 2 son of Shealtiel, and J. the son of Jozadak
10. 1 8 of the sons of J. the son of Jozadak, and
Neh. 7. 7 J., LNehemiah,Azariah,Raamiah, Nahama.
12. i Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and J.
12. 7 and of their brethren in the days of J.
12. 10 And J. begat Joiakini, Joiakim also begat
12. 26 (were) in the days of Joiakim the son of J.
4. The father of Jozabad the Levite that weighed the
vessels of the sanctuary. B.C. 536.
Ezra 8. 33 with them (was) Jozabad the son of J.
5. A son of Pahath-Moab whose descendants returned
with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536.
Ezra 2. 6 the children of J. (and) Joab, two thous.
Neh. 7. ii the children of J. and Joab, two thousand
0. The father of Ezer who helped to repair the wall.
Neh. 3. 19 next to him repaired Ezer the eon of J.
7. A Levite who explained the law to the people when
Ezra read it. B.C. 445.
Neh. 8. 7 Also J., and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin
9. 4 of the Levites, J., and Bani, Kadmiel, Sh.
9. 5 Then the Levites, J., and Kadmiel, Bani
12. 8 Moreoverthe Levites: J., Binnui, Jyadm.
12. 24 Sherebiah, and J. the son of Kadmiel
8. The name of Joshua the son of Nun is in one passage
thus spelt. B.C. 1491.
Neh. 8. 17 since the days of J. the son of Nun unto
9. The son of Azariah, a Levite, who sealed the cove
nant. B.C. 445.
Neh. 10. 9 J. the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons
10. A city of Benjamin, near Molada.i.
Neh. ii. 26 at J., and at Moladah and at Beth-phe.
JE-SHTT -RTTN , JE-STT -RUN, fnr; the darling upright.
A poetical appellation of the people of Israel.
Deut32. 15 J. waxed fat, and kicked : thou art waxen
33. 5 he was king in J., when the heads of the
33. 26 (There is) none like unto the God of J.
Isa. 44. 2 Fear not. .thou, J., whom I have chosen
JE-SI -AH, "i;s", "",? ? Joh exists.
1. One that joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 6 J., and Azareel, and Joezer, and Jashob.
2. A Kohathite descendant of Uzziel. B.C. 1015.
Called also lashiah.
i Ch.23. 20 the sons of LTzziel; Micah the first, and J.
JE-SI-MI -EI, Sxp t?; God sets.
A descendant of Simeon. B.C. 800.
i Ch. 4. 36 and Asaiah, and Adiel, and J., and Beua.
JES -SE, V% leara-ai Jah exists.
Son of Obed and father of David, and grandson of Boa7
and Ruth. B.C. 1120.
Ruth 4. 17 he (is) the father of J. , the father of David
4. 22 And Obed begat J., and J. begat David
1 Sa. 16. i I will send thee to J. the Beth-lehemite
16. 3 And call J. to r,he sacrifice, and I will
16. 5 he sanctified J. and his sons, and called
16. 8 J. called Abinadab, and made him pass
16. 9 Then J. made Shammah to pass by. Am.
16. 10 J. made seven of his sous to pass before
16. 10 And Samuel said unto J., The LORD hath
16. it And Samuel said unto J., Are here all;(thj)
16. ii Samuel said unto J., Send and fetch" hin,
16. 18 I have seen a son of J. the Beth-lehemiU1
16. 19 Saul sent messengers unto J., and said
16. 20 J. took an ass (laden) with bread, and a
16. 22 Saul sent to J., saying, Let David, I pray
17. 12 of that Ephrathite. .whose name (was) J
17. 13 three eldest sons of J. went (and) follow.
17. 17 J. said unto David his son, Take now for
17. 20 and took, and went, as J. had commanded
17. 58 son of thy servant J. the Beth-lehemite
20. 27 Wherefore cometh not the son of J. to
20. 30 chosen, .son of J. to thine own confusioi;
20. 31 as long as the son of J. liveth upon the
22. 7 will the son of J. give every one of you
22. 8 son hath made a league with the son of J.
22. 9 said, I saw the son of J. coming to Nob
22. 13 consp. against me, thou and the son of J.
25. 10 and who (is)the son of J.? There be man;
2 Sa. 20. i neither have . . inheritance in the son of J.
23. i the son of J. said, and the man (who wasi
i Ki.i2. 16 (have we) inheritance in the son of J.: tc
1 Ch. 2. 12 And Boaz begat Obed, and Obed begat J.
2. 13 J. begat his first born Eliab, and Abina.
10. 14 turned the kingdom unto David . . son of J.
12. 18 Thine (are we), .on thyside, thou son of J
29. 26 David the son of J. reigned over. .Israel
2 Ch.io. 16 (wehave) none inheritance in the son of J.
11. 1 8 Abihail .. daughter of Eliab the son of J.
Psa. 72. 20 The prayers of David the son of J. are
Isa. ii. i come forth a rod out of the stem of J.
ii. 10 in that day there shall be a root of J.
Matt. i. 5 Booz begat Obed of Ruth. .Obed begat J.
i. 6 J. begat David the king ; and David the
Luke 3. 32 Which was (the son) of J., which was
Acts 13. 22 I have found David the (son) of J., a man
Rom 15. 12 There shall be a root of J., and he that
JE -STJI, i?: Jah is satisfied.
A descendant of Asher. 8.0.1700. See Ishui. Nuni26.44.
JESTIRTJN. See JESHURTTN.
Pleasantry, evrpcnrehia eutrapelia.
Eph. 5. 4 nor jesting, which are not convenient
The family of the preceding Jesui.
Nuni26. 44 of Jesui, the family of the J. : of Eeriah
JE -STJS, Irjcrovs, from Heb. yv^!. saviour.
1. The son of the Virgin Mary, a descendant of Abraham
through David of the tribe of Judah,the long promised
and long expected Messiah, born in Bethlehem-Ephratah,
and crucified in Jerusalem. A.D. 29.
Matt. i. 1 6 Mary, of whom was born J., who is called
i. 21 thou shalt call his name J.; for he shall
Matt. i. 25 first born son : and he called his name J
2. i J. was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in
3. 13 Then cometh J. from Galilee to Jordan
3. 15 J. answering taid unto him, Suffer (it to
3. 16 J., when he was baptized, went up straight
4. i Then was J. led up of the spirit into the
4. 7 J said unto him, It is written again, Thou
4. 10 Thensaith J.unto him, Get thee hence. &
4. 12 [J.] had heard that John was cast into
4. 17 J. began to preach, and to say, Repent
4. 18 [J.,] walking by the sea of Galilee.saw two
4. 23 And [J.] went about all Galilee, teaching
7. 28 when J. had ended these sayings, the pe.
8. 3 And [J.] put forth (his) hand, and touched
8. 4 J. saith unto him, See thou tell no man
8. 5 when [J.] was entered into Capernaum
8. 7 [J.] saith unto him, I will come and heal
8. 10 When J heard (it), he marvelled, and
8. 13 J. said unto the centurion, Go thy way
8. 14 when J. was come into Peter s house, he
8. 1 8 when J. saw great multitudes about him
8. 20 J. saith unto him, The foxes have holes
8. 22 J. said unto him, Follow me; and let the
8. 29 What have we to do with thee, [J.,] thou
8. 34 the whole city came out to meet J.: and
9. 2 J., seeing their faith, said unto the sick
9. 4 J., knowing theirthoughts.said.Wherefore
9. 9 as J. passed forth from thence, he saw a
9. 10 as J. sat at meat in the house, behold
9. 12 when [J.] heard (that), he said unto them
9. 15 J. said unto them, Can the children of the
9. 19 J. arose, and followed him, and (so did)
9. 22 J. turned him about ; and when he saw
9. 23 J. came into the ruler s house, and saw
9. 27 And when J. departed thence, two blind
9. 28 J. saith unto them, Believe ye that I am
9. 30 J. straitly charged them, saying, See (that)
9. 35 J. went about all the cities and villages
10. 5 These twelve J. sent forth, and comman.
11. i J. had made an end of commanding his
ii. 4 J. answered and said unto them, Go and
ii. 7 J. began to say unto the multitudes cone.
11. 25 J. answered and said, I thank thee, O F.
12. i J. went on the sabbath day through the
12. 15 when J. knew (it,) he withdrew himself
12. 25 [J.] knew their thoughts, and said unto
13. i The same day went J. out of the house
13. 34 these things spake J. unto the multitude
13. 36 [J.] sent the multitude away, and went
13. 51 [J.saith unto them,Have ye understood all]
13. 53 when J. had finished these parables, he
J 3- 57 J- said unto them, A prophet is not with.
14. i Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of J.
14. 12 and buried it, and went and told J.
i4. 13 J. had heard (of it), he departed thence by
14. 14 [J.] went forth, and saw a great multitude
14. 16 J. said unto them, They need not depart
14. 22 [J.] constrained his disciples to get into
14. 25 [J.] went unto them, walking on the sea
14. 27 J. spake unto them, saying, Be of good
14. 29 he walked on the water, to go to J.
14. 31 J. stretched forth (his) hand, and caught
15. i Then came to J. scribes and Pharisees
15. 16 [J.] said, Are ye also, .without understa.J
15. 21 Then J. went thence, and departed into
15. 28 Then J. answered and said unto her, O wo.
15. 29 J. departed from thence, and came nigh
15. 30 cast them down at [J.] feet ; and he healed
15. 32 J. called his disciples (unto him), and said
15. 34 J. saith unto them, How many loaves have
16. 6 J. said unto them, Take heed and beware-
16. 8 when J. perceived, he said unto them, O
16. 13 J. came into the coasts of Cesarea Philip.
16. 17 J. answered and said unto him, Blessed
16. 20 tell no man that he wa [J.] the Christ
1 5. 21 From that time forth began J. to show
16. 24 Then said J. unto his disciples, If any
17. i J. taketh Peter, James, and John his br.
17. 4 Then answered Peter, and said unto J.
17. 7. J. came and touched them, and said, Ar.
17. 8 lifted, .their eyes, they saw no man, save J.
17. 9 J. charged them, saying, Tell the vision
17. ii &.T.] answered and said unto them, Elias
17. 17 Then J. answered and said, O faithless
17. 18 J. rebuked the devil ; and he departed
17. 19 Then came the disciples to J. apart, and
17. 20 [J.] said unto them, Because of your unb.
17. 22 J. said unto them, The Sou of man shall
17. 25 J. prevented him, saying, What thinkest
17. 26 J. saith unto him, Then are the children
1 8. i At the same time came the disciples unto J.
1 8. 2 [J.] called a little child unto him, and set
18. 22 J. saith unto him, I say not unto thee
19. i (that) when J. had finished these sayings
19. 14 J. said, Suffer little children, and forbid
19 1 8 J. said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou
19. 21 J. said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect
19. 23 Then said J. unto his disciples, Verily
19. 26 J. beheld (them), and said unto them
19. 28 J. said unto them, Verily I say unto yot>
20. 17 J. going up to Jerusalem took the twelve
20. 22 J. answered and said, Ye know not what
20. 25 J. called them (unto him), and said, Ye
20. 30 when they heard that J. passed by, cried
20. 32 J. stood still, and called them, and said
20. 34 J. had compassion (on them), and touched
21. i And when they drew nigh, .then sent J.
21. 6 disciples went, and did as J. commanded
21. ii This is J... prophet of Nazareth of Galilee
21. 12 J. went into the temple of God, and cast
21. 1 6 J. saith unto them, Yea; have ye never
ax. 21 J. answered and said unto them. Verily
JESUS 542 JESUS
Matt2i. 24 J. answered and said unto them, I also
21. 27 they answered J., and said, We cannot
21. 31 J. saith unto them, Verily I say unto you
2. 42 J. saith unto them, Did ye never read in
22. i J. answered and spake unto them again
22. 18 J. perceived their wickedness, and said
22. 29 J. answered and said unto them, Ye do
22. 37 [J.] said unto him, Thou shalt love the
2*. 41 Pharisees were gathered together, J. asked
23. i Then spake J. to the multitude, and to
24. i J. went out, and departed from the tem.
24. 2 [J.] said unto them. See ye not all these
24. 4 J. answered and said unto them, Take
26. i when J. had finished all these sayings
26. 4 consulted . . they might take J. by subtil ty
26. 6 J. was in Bethany, in the house of Simon
26. 10 When J. understood (it), he said unto them
26. 17 the disciples came to J., saying unto him
26. 19 the disciples did as J. had appointed them
26. 26 J. took bread, and blessed (it), and brake
26. 31 Then saith J. unto them, All ye shall be
26. 34 J. said unto him, Verily I say unto thee
26. 36 Then cometh J. with them unto a place
26. 49 he came to J., and said, Hail, Master !
26. 50 J. said unto him, Friend, wherefore art
26. 50 came they, and laid hands on J., and took
26. 51 one of them which were with J. stretched
26. 52 Then said J. unto him, Put up again thy
26. 55 that same hour said J. to the multitudes
26. 57 they that had laid hold on J.led (him)away
26. 59 sought false witness against J., to put
26. 63 But J. held his peace. And the high pri.
26. 64 J. saith unto him, Thou hast said : never.
26. 69 saying, Thou also wast with J. of Galilee
26. 71 This (fellow) was also with J. of Nazareth
26. 75 Peter remembered the word of J., which
27. i counsel against J. to put him to death
27. 1 1 And J. stood before the governor : and
27. ii And J. said unto him, Thou sayest
27. 17 Barabbas, or J. which is called Christ?
27. 20 they should ask Barabbas, and destroy J.
27. 22 What shall I do then with J. which is
27. 26 when he had scourged J., he delivered
27. 27 soldiers of the governor took J. into the
27. 37 written, This is J. the king of the Jews
27. 46 J. cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli !
27. 50 J., when he had cried again with a loud
27. 34 they that were with him watching J., saw
27. 55 which followed J. from Galilee, ministe.
27. 57 Joseph, who. .himself was J. disciple
27. 58 went to Pilate, and begged the body of J.
28. 5 know that ye seek J., "vhich was crucified
28. 9 J. met them, saying, All hail ! And they
28. 10 Then said J. unto them, Be not afraid : go
28. 16 a mountain where J. had appointed them
28. 18 J. came and spake unto them, saying, All
Mark t. gJ came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was
14 J. came into Galilee, preaching the gospel
. 17 J. said unto them, Come ye after me, and
. 24 what have we to do with . . J. of Nazareth .
. 25 J. rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace
. 41 [J.,] moved with compassion; put forth
. 45 J. could no more openly enter into the
. 5 When J. saw their faith, he said unto the
. 8 J. perceived in his spirit that they so rea.
. 15 it came to pass, that, as J. sat at meat ir.
. 15 sinners sat also together with J. and his
. 17 When J. heard (it), he saith unto them
. 19 J. said unto them, Can the children, .fast
3. 7 But J. withdrewhimself with his disciples
5. 6 when he saw J. afar off, he ran and wors.
5. 7 What have I to do with thee, J., (thou)
5. 13 forthwith [J.] gave them leave. And the
5. 15 they come to J., and see him that was
5. 19 Howbeit [J.] suffered him not, but saitli
5. 20 to publish, .how great things J. had dune
5. 21 wiien J. was passed over again by ship
3. 27 When she had heard of J., came in the
5. 30 J. . .turned him about in the press, and
5. 36 As soon as J. heard the word that was
<>. 4 But J. said unto them, A prophet is not
<>. 30 apostles gathered themselves . . unto J.
6. 34 [J.]. .was moved with compassion toward
7. 27 [J.] said unto her, Let the children first
8. i [J.] called his disciples (unto him), and
8. 17 when [J.] knew (it), he saith unto them
. 27 J. went out, and his disciples, into the
9. 2 after six days J. taketh (with him) Peter
9. 4 with Moses: and they were talking with .1.
9. 5 Peter answered and said to J., Master, it
9. 8 they saw no man any more, save J. only
9, 23 J. said unto him. .all things (are) possible
9. 23 J saw that the people came running tug.
9. 27 But J. took him by the hand, and lifted
9. 39 But J. said, Forbid him not : for there is
o. 5 And J. answered and said unto them, For
o. 14 But when J. saw (it\ he was much displ.
o. 18 J. said unto him, Why callest. .me good .
o. 21 Then J., beholding him, loved him, and
o. 23 And J. looked round about, and saith unto
o. 24 But J. answereth again, and saith unto
o. 27 J., looking upon them, saith, With men
o. 29 J. answered and said, Verily I say unto
o. 32 J. went before them : and they were am.
o. 38 But J. said unto them, Ye know not what
o. 39 J. said. .Ye shall indeed drink of the cup
o. 42 But J. called them(to him), and saith unto
o. 47 when he heard that it was J. of Nazareth
o. 47 J., (thou) son of David, have mercy on me
o. 49 J. stood still, and commanded him to be
c 50 he. casting awav his garment, .came to J.
o. 51 J answered and said unto him, What wilt
Markio. 52 J. said unto him, Go thy way ; thy faith
10. 52 And immediately he. .followed [J.] in the
11. 6 they said unto them even as J. had com.
ii. 7 they brought the colt to J., and cast their
ii. ii [J.] entered into Jerusalem, and into the
ii. 14 [J.] answered and said unto it, No man
ii. 15 [J.j went into the temple, and began to
ii. 22 J. answering saith unto them, Have faith
ii. 29 J. answered and said unto them, I will
ii. 33 they answered and said unto J., We can.
11. 33 J. answering saith unto them, Neither do
12. 17 J. answering said unto them, Render to
12. 24 J. answering said unto them, Do ye not
12. 29 J. answered him, The first of all the com.
12. 34 when J. saw that he answered discreetly
12. 35 J. answered and said, while he taught in
12. 41 [J.] sat over against the treasury, and be.
13. 2 J. answering said unto him, Seest thou
13. 5 J. answering them began to say, Take
14. 6 J. said, Let heralone; why trouble ye her?
14. 18 J. said. .One of you which eateth with me
14. 22 [J.] took bread, and blessed, and brake (it)
14. 27 J. saith unto them, All ye shall be offen.
14. 30 J. saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee
14. 48 J. answered and said unto them, Are ye
14. 53 they led J. away to the high priest : and
14. 55 council sought for witness against J. to
14. Co high priest stood up. . and asked J., saying
14. 62 J. said, I am : and ye shall see the Son
. 14. 67 said, And thou also wast with J. of Naz.
14. 72 Peter called to mind the word that J. said
15. i the chief priests, .bound J., and carried
15. 5 But J. yet answered nothing; so that Pi.
15. 15 Pilate, .delivered J., when he had scour.
15. 34 at the ninth hour J. cried with a loud vo.
15. 37 J. cried with a loud voice, and gave up
15. 43 Joseph of Arimathea. .craved, .body of J.
16. 6 Ye seek J. of Nazareth, which was cruci.
Luke i. 31 bring forth a son, and. .call his name J.
2. 21 his name was called J., which was so na.
2. 27 when the parents brought in the child J.
2. 43 as they returned, the child J. tarried be.
2. 52 J. increased in wisdom and stature, and
3. 21 J. also being baptised, .the heaven was
3. 23 J. himself began to be about thirty years
4. i J., being full of the Holy Ghost, returned
4. 4 J. answered him, saying, It is written
4. 8 J. answered and said unto him, Get thee
4. 12 J. answering said unto him, It is said
4. 14 J. returned in the power of the spirit into
4. 34 what have we to do with . . J. of Nazareth?
4. 35 J. rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace
5. 8 he fell down at J. knees, saying, Depart
5. 10 J. said unto Simon, Fear.not ; from hence.
5. 12 who, seeing J., fell on (his) face, and beso.
5. 19 with (his) couch into the midst before J.
5. 22 But when J. perceived their thoughts, he
5. 31 J. answering said unto them, They that
6. 3 J. answering them said, Have ye not read
6. 9 Then said J. unto them, I will ask you one
6. ii and communed ...what they might do to J.
7. 3 when he heard of J., he sent unto him the
7. 4 when they came to J., they besought him
7. 6 J. went with them. And when he was
7. 9 When J. heard these things, he marvelled
7. 19 sent (them) to J., saying, Art thou he that
7. 22 fJ.j answering said unto them, Go your
7. 40 J. answering said unto him, Simon, I have
S. 28 When he saw [J.], he cried out, and fell
8. 28 What have I do with thee, J., (thou) Son
8. 30 And J. asked him, saying, What is thy
8. 35 came to J., and found the man out of
8. 35 sitting at the feet of J., clothed, and in
8. 38 be with him : but fJ.] sent him away, say.
8. 39 how great things J. had done unto him
8. 40 when J. was returned, the people (gladly)
8. 41 he fell down at J. feet, andjbcsought him
8. 45 J. said, Who touched me ? When all den.
8. 46 And [J.] said, Somebody hath touched me
8. 50 when J. heard (it), he answered him, say.
o. 33 Peter said unto J., Master, it is good for
9. 36 when the voice was past, J. was found
. 41 J. answering said, O faithless andperver.
9. 42 J. rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed
9. 43 wondered every one at. .things which [J.]
9. 47 J., perceiving the thought of their heart
9. 50 J. said unto him, Forbid (him) not : for
9. 58 And J. said unto him, Foxes have holes
9. 60 [J.] said unto him, Letthedead bury their
9. 62 J. said unto him No man, having put his
10. 21 [J.] rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank
10. 79 he, willing to justify himself, said unto J.
10. 30 J. answering said, A certain (man) went
10. 37 said J. unto him, Go, and do thou likewise
10. y) Mary, which also sat at [J.] feet, and heard
10. 41 [J.I answered and said unto her, Martha
13. 2 [J.] answeringsaid unto them, Suppose ye
13. 12 when J. saw her, he called (her to him)
13. 14 that J. had healed on the Sabbath day
14. 3 J. answering spake unto the lawyers and
17. 13 and said, J., Master, have mercy on us
17. 17 And J. answering said, Were there not
18. 16 J. called them(unto him), and said, Suffer
18. 19 J. said unto him, Why callest thou me
1 8. 22 when J. heard these things, he said unto
18. 24 when J. saw that he was very sorrowful
1 8. 37 told him, that J. of Nazareth passeth by
1 8. 38 J., (thou) son of David, have mercy on me!
18. 40 J. stood, and commanded him to be brou.
1 8. 42 J. said unto him. Receive thy sight : thy
10. 3 he sought to see J. who he was ; and could
19. 5 when J. came to the place, he looked up
Luke 1 9. 9 J. said unto him, This day is salvation
19. 35 they brought him to J. : and they cast
19. 35 garments upon the colt, and set J. thereon
20. 8 J. said unto them, Neither tell I you by
20. 34 J. answeringsaiduntothem,Thechildren
22. 47 that was called Judas, .drew near unto J.
22. 48 But J. said unto him,Judas, betrayest thou
22. 51 J. answered and said, Suffer ye thus far
22. 52 Then J. said unto the chief priests, and
22. 63 the men that held [J.] mocked him, and
23. 8 when Herod saw J.,he wasexceediugplad
23. 20 Pilate therefore,willingto release J.,spake
23. 25 released . .but he delivered J. to their will
23. 26 they laid, .that he might bear (it) after J.
23. 28 BatJ., turning untothem, s:iid, Daughters
23. 34 (Then said J., Father, forgive them ; for]
23. 42 he said unto J., Lord, remember me when
2 3- 43 [J-] said unto him, Verily I say unto thee
23. 46 when J. had cried with a loud voice, he
23. 52 went unto Pilate . . begged the body of J.
24. 3 they, .found not the body of the Lord [J.]
24. 15 J. himself drew near, and went with them
24. 19 they said unto him, Concerning J. of Na.
24. 36 [J.] himself stood in the midst of them
John i. 29 The next day John seeth J. coming unto
i. 36 looking upon J. as he walked, he saith
i. 37 two disciples heard, .and they followed J.
i. 38 Then J. turned, and saw them following
i. 42 he brought him to J. And when J. beheld
i. 43 The day following [J.] would go forth into
i. 45 have found. . J. of Nazareth the son of J.
i. 47 J. saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith
i. 48 J. answered and said unto him, Before
1. 50 J. answered and said unto him, Because
2. i Cana of Galileej; and the mother of J. was
2. 2 both J. was called , and his disciples, to the
2. 3 the mother of J . saith unto him. They have
2. 4 J. saith unto her, Woman, what have I to
2. 7 J. saith unto them. Fill the water pots
2. ii This beginning of miracles did J in Cana
2. 13 passoverwas at hand; andJ went up to J
2. 19 J. answered and said unto them, Destroy
2. 22 and they believed . .the word which J. had
2. 24 But [J.] did not commit himself unto them
3. 2 The same came to J. by night, and said
3. 3 J. answered and said unto him, 3. 10
3. 5 J. answered, Verily, verily, 1 say unto
3. 22 After these things came J. andhisdiscip.
4. i the Pharisees had heard that J. made
4. 2 Though J. himself baptized not, but his
4. 6 J. therefore, being wearied, .sat thus 0:1
4. 7 J . saith unto her, Give me to drink
4. 10 J. answered and said unto her, If thou
4. 13 J. answered and said unto her, Whosoever
4. 16 [J.] saith unto her, Go, call thy husband
4. 17 J. said unto her, Thou hast well said, I
4. 21 J. saith unto her, Woman, believe me
4. 26 J. saith unto her, I that speaketh unto
4. 34 J. saith unto them, My meat is to do the
4. 44 J. himself testified, that a prophet hath
4. 46 So [J.] came again into Cana of Galilee
4. 47 When he heard that J. was come out of J.
4. 48 Then said J. unto him, Except ye see signs
4. 50 J. saith unto him, Go thy way ; thy son
4. 50 the man believed the word that J had
4. 53 in the which J. said unto him, Thy son
4. 54 This (is)againthe second miracle (that) J.
5. i there was a feast, .and J. went up to Jer.
5. 6 When J. saw him lie. .he saith unto him
5. 8 J. saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed
5. 13 for J. had conveyed himself away, 5. 14
5. 15 told the Jews that it was J. which had
5. 16 therefore did the Jews persecute J., and
5. 17 But J. answered them, My Father worketh
5. 19 Then answered J. and said unto them
6. i After these things J. went over the sea
6. 3 J. went up into a mountain, and there he
6. 5 When J. then lifted up (his) eyes, and saw
6. 10 J. said, Make the men sit down. Now there
6. 1 1 J. took the loaves ; and when he had given
6. 14 when they had seen the miracles that [J.]
6. 15 J. therefore perceived that they would
6. 17 it was now dark, and J. was not come to
6. 19 they see J. walking on the sea, and draw.
6. 22 that J. went not with his disciples into
6. 24 When the people therefore saw that J
6. 24 they, .came to Capernaum, seeking for J.
6. 26 J. answered thenVand said, Verily, verily
6. 29 J. answered and said unto them, This is
6. 32 ThenJ. said untothem, Verily, verily, Isay
6. 35 J. said unto them, I am the bread of life
6. 42 they said, Is not this J., the son of Joseph
6. 43 J. therefore answered and said unto them
6. 53 Then J. said unto them, Verily, verily,! say
6. 61 J. knew in himself that his disciples mur.
6. 64 For J.knew from the beginning who they
6. 67 Then said J. unto the twelve, Will ye also
6. 70 [J.] answered them. Have not I chosen
7. i After these things J. walked in Galilee
7. 6 Then J. said unto them, My time is not
7. 14 Now about the midst of the feast, J. went
7. 16 J. answered them, and said, My Urn-trine
7. 21 J. answered and said unto them, I have
7. 28 Then cried J. in the temple, ushetiuisht
7. 33 Then said J. unto them. Yet a little while
7. 37 J. stood and cried, saying, If any man
7. 39 not yet. .because that J. was not yetglor
7. 50 he that came to J. by night, being one of
8. i [J. went unto the mount of Olives.]
8. 6 [But J. stooped down, and with (his)finger)
8. 9 [J. was left alone, and the woman stand.}
8. ro [When J. had lifted up himself, and saw]
JESUS 543 JESUS CHRIST
John 8. ii [J. said unto her. Neither do I condemn]
8. 12 Then spake J. again unto them, saying, I
8. 14 J. answered and said unto them, Though
8. 19 J. answered, Ye neither know me, nor my
8. 20 These words spake [J.] in the treasury, as
8. 21 Then said [J.] again unto them, I go my
8. 25 J. saith unto them, Even (the same) that
8. 28 Then said J. unto them, When ye have
8. 31 Then said J. to those Jews which believed
8. 34 J. answered them, Verily, verily, I say
8. 39 J. saith unto them, If ye were Abraham s
8. 42 J. said unto them, If God were your Father
8. 49 J. answered, I have not a devil ; but I
8. 54 J. answered, If I honour myself,my honour
8. 58 J. said unto them. Verily, verily, I say
8. 59 but J. hid himself, and went out of the
9. 3 J. answered, Neither hath this man sinned
9. ii A man that is called .7. made clay, and
9. 14 it was the sabbath Jay when J. made the
9. 35 J. keard that they had cast him out ; and
9. 37 J. said unto him, Thou hast both seen him
9. 39 J. said, For judgment I am come into
9. 41 J. said unto them, If ye were blind, yesho.
o. 6 This parable spake J. unto them : but
o. 7 Then said J. unto them again, Verily
o. 23 J. walked in the temple, in Solomon s p.
o. 25 J. answered them, I told you, and yebel.
o. 32 J. answered them, Many good works have
0. 34 J. answered them, Is it not written in
1. 4 When J. heard (that), he said. This sick,
i. 5 J. loved Martha, and her sister, and Laz.
i. 9 J. answered, Are there not twelve hours
i. 13 Howbeit J. spake of his death : but they
1.14 Then said J. unto them plainly, Lazarus
i. 17 Then when J. came, he found that he had
i. 20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that J.
i. 21 Then said Martha unto J., Lord, if thou
i. 23 J. saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise
i. 25 J. said unto her, I am the resurrection
i. 30 Now J. was not yet come into the town
i. 32 Then when Mary was come where J. was
i. 33 When J. therefore saw her weeping, .he
i. 35 J. wept
i. 38 J. therefore, again groaning in himself
i. 39 J. said, Take ye away the stone. Martha
i. 40 J. saith unto her, Said I not unto thee
i. 41 And J. lifted up (his) eyes, and said, Fath.
i. 44 J. saith unto them, Loose him, and let
si. 45 Jews, .had seen the things which [J.]did
ii. 46 and told them what things J. had done
ii. 51 he prophesied that J. should die for that
ii 54 J. therefore walked no more openly amo.
11. 56 Then sought they for J., and spake among
12. i J., six days before the passover, came to
12. 3 Mary, .anointed the feet of J., and wiped
12. 7 Then said J., Let her alone : against the
12. 9 they came not for J. sake only, but that
12. ii many of the Jews went., and believed on J.
12. 12 they heard that J. was coming to Jerusa.
12. 14 And J., when he had found a young ass
12. 16 when J. was glorified, then remembered
12. 21 desired him, saying, Sir, we would see J.
12. 22 and again Andrew and Philip tell J.
12. 23 J. answered them, saying,The hour is come
12. 30 J . answered and said, This voice came not
12. 35 Then J. said unto them, Yetalittle while
12. 36 These things spake J., and departed, and
12. 44 J. cried and said, He that believeth on
13. i J. knew that his hour was come that he
13. 3 [J.] knowing that the Father had given
13. 7 J. answered and said unto him, What I
13. 8 J. answered him, If I wash thee not, thou
13. 10 J. saith to him, He that is washed needeth
13. 21 When J. had thus said, he was troubled
13. 23 leaning on J. bosom one. .whom J. loved
13. 25 He then lying on J. breast saith unto
13. 26 J. answered, He it is to whom I shall give
13. 27 Then said J. unto him, That thou doest
13. 29 some (of them) thought, .that J. had said
13. 31 Therefore, when he was gone out, J. said
13. 36 J. answered him, Whither I go, thou
13. 38 J. answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy
14. 6 J. saith unto him, I am the way, and the
14. 9 J. saith unto him, Have I been so long
14. 23 J. answered and said unto him, If a man
16. 19 Now J. knew that they were desirous to
16. 31 J. answered them, Do ye now believe?
17. i These words spake J., and lifted up his
18. i When J. had spoken these words, he went
1 8. 2 for J. ofttimes resorted thither with his
18. 4 J. therefore, .went forth, and said unto
18. 5 They answered him, J. of Nazareth. [J.]
18. 7 Whom seek ye? And they said, J. of Naz.
18. 8 J. answered, I have told you that I am
1 8. 1 1 Then said J. unto Peter, Put up thy sword
18. 12 captain and officers of the Jews took J.
18. 15 Simon Peter followed J., and (so did)
18. 15 That disciple, .went in with J. into the p.
18. 19 The high priest then asked J. of his disc.
18. 20 J. answered him, I spake openly to the
18. 22 one of the officers, .struck J. with the pa.
1 8. 23 J. answered him, If I have spoken evil
18. 28 Then led they J. from Caiaphas unto the
18. 32 That the saying of J. might be fulfilled
18. 33 Then Pilate, .called J., and said unto him
18. 34 J. answered him, Sayest thou this thing
18. 36 J. answered, My kingdom is not of this
18. 37 J. answered, Thousayest that I am a king
19. i Then Pilate therefore took J. and scour.
19. 5 Then came J. forth, wearing the crown of
19. 9 saith unto J., Whence art thou But J.
19. ii J. answered, Thou couldest have no power
John 1 9.
13 he brought J. forth, and sat down in the
16 [And they took J., and led (him) awayj
18 crucified, .on either side one, and J. in
19 J. of Nazareth the king of the Jews
20 the place where J. was crucified was ni^n
23 soldiers, when they had crucified J., took
25 there stood by the cross of J.his mother
26 When J. therefore saw his mother, and
28 J. knowing that all things were now
30 When J. therefore had received the vine.
33 they came to J., and saw that he was dead
38 Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of J.
38 that he might take away the body of [J.]
38 He came therefore, and tooktlie bodyof J.
39 which at the first came to [J.] by night
40 Then took they the body of J., and wound
42 There laid they J. therefore, because of
2 to the other disciple whom J. loved, and
12 sitting, .where the body of J. had lain
14 J. standing, and knew not that it was J.
15 J. saith unto her, Woman, why weepest
16 J. saith unto her, Mary! She turned hers.
17 J. saith unto her, Touch me not ; for I am
19 came J. and stood in the midst, and saith
21 Then said [J.] to them again, Peace (be)
24 Didymus, was not with them when J. came
26 (Then) came J., the doors being shut, and
29 J. saith unto him, Thomas, because thou
30 other signs truly did J. in the presence
31 ye might believe that J. is the Christ
i [J.] showed himself again to the disciples
4 morning was now come, J. stood on the
4 but the disciples knew not that it was J.
5 [J.] saith unto them, Children, have ye
7 disciple whom J. loved saith unto Peter
10 J. saith unto them, Bring of the fish which
12 J. saith unto them, Come (and) dine. And
13 J. then cometh, and taketh bread, and
14 J. showed himself to his disciples after
15 J. saith to Simon Peter, Simon, (son) of
17 J. saith unto him Feed my sheep
20 seeth the disciple whom J. loved foliowing
21 Peter seeing him saith to J., Lord, and
22 J. saith unto him, If I will that he tarry
23 J. said not unto him, He shall not die ; but
25 many other things which J. did, the which
i of all that J. began both to do and teach
i. ii this same J., which is taken up from you
1. 14 with the women, and Mary the mother of J.
1. 16 Judas, .was guide to them that took J.
1.21 that the Lord J. went in and out among us
2. 22 J. of Nazareth, a man approved of God
2. 32 J. hath God raised up, whereof we all are
2. 36 God hath made that same J., whom ye
3. 13 God. .hath glorified his Son J.; whom ye
3. 26 God,havingraiseduphisSon[J.,]senthim
4. 2 preached through J. the resurrection from
4.13 knowledge of them . . they had been with J.
4. 1 8 speak at all nor teach in the name of J.
4. 27 against thy holy child J., whom thou hast
4. 30 be done by the name of thy holy child J.
4. 33 witness of the resurrection of the Lord J.
5. 30 The God of our fathers raised up J., whom
5. 40 they should not speak in the name of J.
6. 14 J. of Nazareth shall destroy this place
7. 55 and J. standing on the right hand of God
7. 59 and saying, Lord J. , receive my spirit
8. 16 were baptized in the name of the Lord J.
8. 35 at the same . . and preached unto him J.
9. 5 I am J. whom thou persecutest. (It is)
9. 17 [J.,] that appeared unto thee in the way as
9. 27 preached boldly at Damascus . . name of J.
9. 29 spake boldly in the name of the Lord [J.]
10. 38 God anointed J. of Nazareth with the Holy
11. 20 unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord J.
13. 23 hath God. .raised unto Israel a Saviour, J.
13. 33 in that he hath raised up J. again ; as it
17. 3 this J., whom I preach unto you, is Christ
17. 7 saying that there is another king, (one) J.
17. 1 8 [preached unto them J., and the resur ]
18. 5 testified to the Jews (that) J. (was) Christ
1 8. 28 showing by. .Scriptures that J. was Christ
19. 5 were baptized in the name of the Lord J.
19. 10 they . . heard^the word of the Lord [J. , ] both
19. 13 of the Lord J., saying, We adjure you by J.
19. 15 J. I know, and Paul I know ; but who are
19. 17 and the name of the Lord J. was magnified
20. 24 which I have received of the Lord J., to
20. 35 torememberthewordsof the Lord J., how
21. 13 die at Jerusalem for. .name of the Lord J.
22. 8 I am J. of Nazareth, whom thou persecu.
25. 19 J., which was dead, whom Paul affirmed
26. 9 contrary to the name of J. of Nazareth
26. 15 And he said, I am J., whom thou persecu.
28. 23 persuading them concerning J., both out
Rom. 3. 26 the justifler of him which believeth in [J.]
4. 24 that raised up J. our Lord from the dead
8. ii spirit of him that raised up J. from the
10. 9 shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord J.
14. 14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord J.
1 Co. 5. 5 may be saved in the day of [the Lord J.]
6. 1 1 are justified in the name of the Lord J.
1 1. 23 J. the same night ia which he was betr.
12. 3 that no man speaking, .calleth J. accursed
12. 3 no man can say that J. is the Lord, but by
2 Co. i. 14 ye also (are) ours in the day of the Lord J.
4. 5 and ourselves your servants for J. sake
4. 10 of the Lord J., that the life also of J.
4. ii death for J. sake, that the life also of J.
4. 14 thathe which raised up the Lord J. shall
4. 14 raise up us also by J., and shall present
ii. 4 if he that cometh preacheth another J.
Gal. 6. 17 bear in my bouy the marks of the Lord J.
Eph. i 15 after I heard of your faith in the Lord J.
4. 21 been taught by him, as the truth is in J.
Phil. 2. 10 That at the name of J. every knee should
2. 19 But I trust in the Lord J. to send
Col. 3. 17 whatsoeveryedo..(do)allin the name.. J.
1 Th. i. 10 J., which delivered us from the wrath to
2. 15 We both killed the Lord J. and their own
4. i we. .exhort (you) by the Lord J. . .to walk
4. 2 commandmentswegaveyoubytheLordJ.
4. 14 For if we believe that J. died and rose
4. 14 even so tliern also which sleep in J. will
2 Th. i. 7 when the Lord J. shall be revealed from
Phm. 5 which thou hast toward the Lord J., and
Heb. 2. 9 But we see J., who was made a little lower
4. 14 we have a great high priest. .J. the Son
6. 20 J., made an high priest for ever, after
7. 22 By so much was J. made a surety of a
10. 19 enter into the holiest by the blood of J.
12. 2 Looking unto J., the author and finisher
12. 24 to J. the mediator of the new covenant
13. 12 Wherefore J. also .. suffered without the
13. 20 brought again from the dead our Lord J.
2 Pe. i. 2 through the knowledge of God, and of J.
i Jo. 2. 22 but he that denieth that J. is the Christ?
4.15 Whosoever shall confess that J. is the Son
5. i Whosoever believeth that J is the < hrist
5. 5 but he that believeth that J. is the Son of
Rev. 14. 12 here (are) they that keep, .the faith of J.
17. 6 with the blood of the martyrs of J.: and
19. 10 thy brethren that have the testimony of J.
19. 10 the testimony of J. is the spirit of proph.
20. 4 that were beheaded for the witness of J.
22. 16 I J. have sent mine angel to testify unto
22. 20 come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, L. J.
2. Jesus, for Joshua, the son of Nun.
Acts 7. 45 with J. into the possession of the Gentiles
Heb. 4. 8 For if J. had given them rest, then would
3. Jesus, called Justus, a Christian who was with Paul
atRome.and with him sent salutations to the Colossians
Col. 4. IT J., which is called Justus, who are of the
JESTJS CHRIST, Irjo-oGs XDICTTOS.
Matt. i. i The book of the generation of J. C., the
\. 18 birth of [J.] C. was on this wise : When
Mark i. i of the gospel of J. C., the Son of God
John i. 17 (but) grace and truth came by J. C.
17. 3 that they might know thee. .and J. C.
Acts 2. 38 baptized every one. .in the name of J. C.
3. 6 In the name of J. C. of Nazareth rise up
3. 20 shall send J. C., which before was preach.
4. 10 by the name of J. C. of Nazareth, .doth
5. 42 they ceased not to teach and preach J. C.
8. 1 2 preaching . . concerning . . the name of J. C.
8. 37 said, [I believe that J. C. is the Sunof God]
9. 34 Eneas, J. C. maketh thee whole : arise
10. 36 which (God) sent . . preaching peace by J. C.
11. 17 unto us, who believed on the Lord J. C.
15. ii through the grace of the Lord J. C. we sh.
15. 26 hazarded, .for the name of our Lord J. C.
16. 1 8 I command thee in the name of J. C. to
16. 31 they said, Believe on the Lord J. C., and
20. 21 Testifying, .faith toward our Lord J. C.
28. 31 those things which concern the Lord J. C.
Rom. i. i a servantof J. C., called(to be)an apostle
i. 3 Concerning his Son J. C. our Lord, which
i. 6 Amongwhom are ye also the called of J. C.
i . 7 peace from God our Father . . the Lord J. C.
i. 8 I thank my God through J. C. for you all
2. 16 God shall judge the secrets ofmen by J. C.
3. 22 (which is) by faith of J. C. unto all and
5. i peace with God through our Lord J. C.
5. ii we also joy in God through our Lord J. C.
5- 15 by grace, (which is) by one man, J. C.
5. 17 they, .shall reign in life by one, J. C.
5. 21 righteousness unto eternal life by J. C
6. 3 so many of us as were baptized into J. C.
6. ii alive unto God through J. C. our Lord
6. 23 gift of God (is) eternal life through J. C.
7. 25 I thank God through J. C. our Lord. So
13. 14 put ye on the Lord J. C., and make not
15. 6 glorify God . . the Father of our Lord J. C.
15. 8 Now I say that [J.] C. was a minister of
15. 16 be the minister of J. C. to the Gentiles
15. 17 whereof I may glory through J . C. in those
15. 30 I beseech you. .for the Lord J. C. s sake
16. 18 that are such serve not our Lord [J.] C.
16. 20 grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you. A.
16. 24 grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you all. A.
16. 25 the preaching of J. C., according to the
16. 27 To God only wise, (be) glory through J. C.
1 Co. i. i called (to be) an apostle of J. C. through
i. 2 call upon the name of J. C. our Lord, both
i. 3 God our Father, and (from) the Lord J. C.
i. 4 grace of God which is given you by J. C.
i. 7 waiting for the coming of our Lord J. C
t. 8 blameless in the day of our Lord J. C.
1. 9 called unto the fellowship of his Son J. C
1. 10 beseech you. .by the name of our Lord J.C.
2. 2 not to know any thing, .save J. C., and
3. ii no man lay than that is laid which is J. C.
5. 4 In the name of our Lord J. C., when ye
5. 4 spirit, with the power of our Lord J. C.
8. 6 one Lord J. C., by whom (are) all things
9. i have I not seen J. C. our Lord ? are not ye
15. 57 giveth. .victory through our Lord J. C.
16. 22 If any uian love not the Lord [J.] C., let
16. 23 The grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you
2 Co. i. i Paul, an apostle of J.C. by the will of God
i. 2 Grace (be) to you. .(from) the Lord J. C.
i. 3 even the Father of our Lord J. C., the F.
JESUS CHRIST 544 JEW
3 Co. 1. 19 J. C., who was preached among you by us
4. 6 of the glory of God in the face of [J.] C.
5. 18 who hath reconciled us to himself by [J.] C.
8. 9 know the grace of our Lord J. C., that
ii. 31 God and Father of our Lord J. C., which
13. 5 how that J. C. is in you, except ye be rep.?
13. 14 The grace of the Lord J. C., and the love
Gal. i. i by J. C., and God the Father, who raised
i. 3 Grace (be) to you. .(from) our Lord J. C.
i. 12 taught (it), but by the revelation of J. 0.
2. 16 but by the faitli of J. C., even we have
2. 16 believed in J. C., that we might be
3. i J. C. hath been evidently set forth, cruci.
3. 14 might come on the Gentiles through J. C.
3. 22 promise by faitli of J. C. might be given
5. 6 in J. C. neither circumcision availeth any
6. 14 save in the cross of our Lord J. C., by
6. 18 grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with your sp.
ftph. i. i Paul, an apostle of .T. C. by the will of G.
i. 2 Grace (be) to you. .(from) the Lord J. C.
i. 3 Blesseu (be) the God. .of our Lord J. C.
1. 5 Having predestinated us. .by J. C. to him.
1. 17 That the God of our Lord J. C... may give
2. 20 J. C. himself being the chief corner(stone)
3. i Paul, the prisoner of J. C. foryou Gentiles
3. 9 in God, [who created all things by J. C.I
3. 14 [bow my knees unto. .Fatherof our. ..J.C.]
5. 20 thanks, .in the name of our Lord J. C.
6. 23 from God the Father and the Lord J. C.
6. 24 Grace (lie) with all them that love. . J. C.
i !i;l. i. i Paul and Timotheus, the servants of J. C
i. 2 Grace (be) unto you. .(from) the Lord.!. C.
i. 6 he . . will perform (it) until the day of J. ( .
i. 81 long after you all in the bowels of J. C.
i. ii the fruits .. which are by J. C., unto the
1. 19 through, .the supply of the spirit of J. C.
j. 26 rejoicing may be more abundant in J. C.
2. ii every tongue should confess that J. C. (is)
2. 21 all seek, .not the things which are J. C. s
3. 90 we look for the Saviour, the Lord J. C.
4. 03 The grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you
CoL i. i Paul, an apostle of J. C. by the will of God
i. 2 [Grace (be) unto you. .from, .the Lord J.C.]
i. 3 thanks to. .the Father of our Lord J. C.
I Th. i. i in God the Father and (in) the Lord J. C.
i. i [Grace (be)unto you . . from . . the Lord J. < .
1. 3 patience of hope in our Lord J. C., in the
2. 19 in the presence of our Lord J. C. at his
i. ii and our Lord J. C., direct our way unto
3. 13 at the coming of our Lord J. C. with all
5. 9 but to obtain salvation by our Lord J. C.
5. 23 blameless unto, .coming of our Lord" J. C.
5. 28 The grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you
e Th. i. i in God our Father and the Lord J. C.
i. 2 Grace unto you. .peace, from. .Lord J. C.
1. 8 that obey not the gospel of our Lord J, C.
1. 12 That the name of our Lord J. C. may be
i. 12 according to the grace of. .the Lord J. 0.
2. i by the coming of our Lord J. C., and (by)
2. 14 obtaining of the glory of our Lord J. C.
2. 16 Now our Lord J. C. himself, and God
3. 6 command you. . in., name of our Lord J. C.
3. 12 command and exhort by our Lord J. C.
3. 18 The grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you
jTi. i. 1,1 apostle of J. C. by the commandment
1. 2 Grace, mercy, (and) peace, from. . J. C.
1. 15 J. C. might show forth all long suffering
4. 6 thou shalt be a good minister of J. C., no.
5. 21 charge (thee) before God, and the L. J. C.
6. 3 (even) the words of our Lord J. C., and
6. 14 until the appearing of our Lord J. C.
5 Ti. i. i Paul, an apostle of J. C. by the will of G.
1. 10 made manifest by the appearing of . . J. C.
2. 3 endure hardness, as a good soldier of J. C.
2. 8 Remember that J. C. . . was raised from
4. i I charge, .before God, and the Lord J. C.
4. 22 The Lord [J.] C. (be) with thy spirit. Gr.
Titus i. i a servant of God, and an apostle of J. C.
1. 4 from God the Father and the Lord J. C.
2. 13 glorious appearing of. .our Saviour J. C.
3. 6 he shed on us abundantly through J. C.
Phm. i Paul, a prisoner of J. C., and Timothy
3 from God our Father and the Lord J. C.
9 being, .now also a prisoner of J. C.
25 grace of our Lord J. C. (be) withjyour sp.
Heb. 10. 10 through the offering of the body of J. C.
13. 8 J. C. the same yesterday, and to day, and
13. 21 is well pleasing in his sight, through J. C.
Jas. i. i a servant of God and of the Lord J. C., to
2. i have not the faith of our Lord J. C.
i Pe. i. i Peter, an apostle of J. C.,to the strangers
i. 2 and sprinkling of the blood of J. C.: Gra.
i. 3 the God and Father of our Lord J. C.
i. 3 by the resurrection of J. C. from the de.
i. 7 honour and glory at the appearing of J. C.
1. 13 brought unto you atthe revelation of J. C.
2. 5 offer, .sacrifices, acceptable to G. by J. C.
3. 2j save us. .by the resurrection of J. C.
4. ij that God. .may be glorified through J. C.
E Pe. i. i a servant and an apostle of J. C., to them
i. i righteousness of God and our Saviour J. C.
i. 8 in the knowledge of our Lord .". C.
i. ii kingdom of our Lord and Saviour J. C.
1. 14 even as our Lord J. C. hath showed me
1. 1 6 the power and coming of our Lord J. C.
2. 20 knowledge of the Lord and Saviour J. C.
3. 18 knowledge of our Lord and Saviour J. C.
S Jo i. 3 with the Father, and with his Son J. C.
1. 7 blood of J. C. . .cleanseth us from all sin
2. i we have;an advocate with the Father, .T. 0.
3. 23 should believe on the name of his Son J. C.
A. 2 Every spirit that confesseth that J. C. is
1 Jo. 4. 3 every spirit that coufesseth not that J. C.
5. 6 he that came by water and blood . . J. C.
5. 20 him that is true, (even) in his Son [J.] C.
2 John 3 Grace be with you. .from the Lord J. C.
7 who confess not that J. C. is come in the
Jude i Jude, the servant of J. C., and brother
i to them that are. . preserved in J.C., (and)
4 denying the . . Lord God, and our L. J. C.
17 spoken before of the apostles of . . J. C.
21 looking for the rnercy of our Lord J. C.
Rev. i. i The revelation of J. C., which God gave
i. 2 Who bare record . . of the testimony of J. C.
i. 5 And from J. C., (who is) the faithful wit.
i. 9 and in the kingdom and patience of [J. ] C.
1. gwordofGod, and for the testimony of J. C.
12. 17 of God, and have the testimony of J. C.
22. 21 The grace of our Lord J. C. (be) with you
JE -THER, in; pre-eminent.
1. Gideon s first born son. B.C. 1249.
Judg. 8. 20 he said unto J. his first born, Up, (and)
2. An Ishmaelite, the father of David s nephew Amasa.
i Ki. 2. 5 and unto Amasa the son of J., whom he
2. 32 Amasa the sou of J., captain of the host
i Ch.2. 17 the father of Amasa (was) J. the Ishmeel.
3. A sou of Jerahmeel, son of Hezron. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 2. 32 J.,and Jonathan : and J.died without ch.
4. A son of Ezra, a descendant of Caleb the spy. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 4. 17 the sons of Ezra (were) J., and Mered
5. A descendant of Asher. B.C. 1540.
i Ch. 7. 38 the sons of J.; Jephunneh, and Pispah
JE -THETH, nn* subjection.
A duke or prince of Edom of the family of Esau. B.C. 1470.
Gen 36. 40 duke Timnah, duke Alvali, duke J.
i Ch. 1.51 were; duke Timnah, duke Aliah, duke J.
JETH -LAH, n^rr height.
A border city of ban, now called Shilta.
Josh 19. 42 And Shaalabbin, and Ajalon. and J.
JETH -RO, Tiiv pre-eminence.
The father in law of Moses, and a priest of Midian. B.C.
1500 In Exod. 4. 18 the name is Jether, but the Com
mon Version gives Jethro. In Exod. 2. 18 he is called
Reuel; and in Num. TO. 29 we have Reuelia the Hebrew,
but Raguel in the Common Version.
Exod .3. i Moses kept the flock of J. his father in
4. 18 Moses went and returned to J. his father
4. 18 And J. said to Moses, Go in peace
18. i J., the priest of Midian, Moses father in
18. 2 J., Moses father in law, took Zipporah
18. 5 J., Moses father in law, came with his
18. 6 I. thy father in law J. am come unto thee
18. 9 J. rejoiced for all the goodness which the
18. 10 J. said, Blessed (be) the LORD, who hath
18. 12 J., Moses father in law, took a burnt off.
JE -TTJR, -ilB%
1. A son of Ishmael, son of Hagar, Abraham s concubine.
Gen. 25. 15 Hadar, and Tema, J., Naphish, and Kede.
i Ch. i. 31 J., Naphish, and Kedemah. These are
2. The tribe that sprang from Jetur.
i Ch. 5. 19 made war with the Hagarites, with J.
JE-TJ -EL, "7WJ7 snatching aivay.
A descendant of Zerah, son of Judah. B.C. 445.
i Ch. 9. 6 of the sons of Zerah ; J. and their brethren
JE -TJSH, thy; collector.
1. Esau s son by Aholibamah. B.C. 1760.
Gen. 36. 5 And Aholibamah bare J., and Jaalam
36. 14 and she bare to Esau J., and Jaalam, and
36. 1 8 sons of Aholibamah, Esau s wife ; duke J.
i Ch. i. 35 The sons of Esau ; Eliphaz, Reuel, and J.
2. Grandson of Jediael, a Benjamite. B.C. 1630.
i Ch. 7. 10 the sons of Bilhan ; J., and Benjamin
3. A Gershonite and descendant of Shimei, and head of
a family. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.23. 10 sons of Shimei (were) Jahath, Zina, and J.
23. n but J. and Beriah had not many sons
4. A son of Rehoboam, and grandson of king Solomon.
2 Ch.n. 19 Which bare him children; J., and Sham.
JE -TTZ, }"-y~ counsellor.
Son of Shaharaim, a Benjamite. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 8. 10 J.,andShachia, and Mirma. These (were)
1. A descendant of Judah ; in later times also an Israelite.
In 2 Ki. 16. 6 this appellation is applied to the two
tribes ; in later days the twelve tribes. Strictly speak
ing, the name is appropriate only to the subjects of the
kingdom of the two tribes after the separation of the
ten tribes, B.C. 975. In 603 Daniel interprets Nebu
chadnezzar s first dream ; in 561 Evil-merodach releases
Jehoiachin from captivity ; in 539 Daniel interprets the
handwriting to Belshazzar ; in 536 decree of Cyrus in
favour of the Jews ; in 535 the second temple founded ;
in 516 it is finished; in 463 Artaxerxes stops the rebuild
ing of the city ; in 458 he marries Esther ; in 457 Ezra
comes ; in 444 Nehemiah becomes governor ; in 332
Alexander the Great enters Jerusalem ; in 320 Ptolemy
Soter storms Jerusalem ; in 312 Antigonus wrested
Judea from Ptolemy ; in 285 the Septuagint translation
begun ; in 203 Antiochus the Great invades Judea and
Phenicia ; in 200 the se</t of the Sadducees arises ; in
199 the country is recovered by the Egyptian general
Si-upas: in 198 Scopas is defeated; in 170 Antiochus
Kpiphanes massacres 40,000 in Jerusalem ; in 168 Apollonius
takes Jerusalem and dedicates the temple to
Jupiter Olympius ; in 165 Judas Maceabaeus rises in
arms ; in 163 Judas made governor ; in 160 he makes
the first treaty with the Romans ; in 156 the Syrians
withdraw ; in 144 Jonathan put to death ; in 130
Hyrcanus subdues the Idumeans ; in 95 the Pharisees
rebel ; in 70 Hyrcanus is defeated ; in 63 Hyrcauus is
restored ; in 54 Crassus plunders the temple ; in 49
Aristobulus poisoned ; in 42 Herod marries Mariamne;
in 40 the Parthians invade Judea, and Herod pro
claimed king by the Romans ; in 37 the Romans take
Jerusalem ; in 31 a dreadful earthquake ; in 29 Mariamne
put to death ; in 17 Herod begins to rebuild the
temple ; on Friday, April sth, four years before "the
Common Era, Jesus is born.
Esth. 2. 5 Shushan the palace there was a certain J.
3. 4 for he had told them that he (was) a J.
5. 13 I see Mordecai the J. sitting at the king s
6. 10 do even so to Mordecai the J., that sitteth
8. 7 Esther the queen, and to Mordecai the J.
9. 29 Mordecai the J., wrote with all authority
9. 31 according as Mordecai the J. . .had enjoi.
10. 3 Mordecai the J.(was) next unto king Ah.
Jer. 34. 9 none should serve himself, .a J.his brot.
Zech. 8. 23 take hold of the skirt of him that is a J.
Z.Jeivs, D li.T, J !<7 T, N.Y3 i yehudim, Iov5a?oi.
2 Ki.i6. 6 Rezin. .recovered Elath. .anddrave the J.
25. 25 he died, and the J. and the Chaldees that
2 Ch.32. 18 they cried with a loud voice in the J. s sp.
Ezra 4. 12 J. which came up from thee to us are come
4. 23 they went up in haste, .unto the J., and
5. i prophesied unto the J. that (were) in Ju.
5. 5 But the eye., was upon theeldersof the J.
6. 7 governorof the J., and the elders of the J .
6. 8 what ye shall do to the elders of these J.
6. 14 elders of the J. builded, and they prosp.
Neh. i. 2 I asked them concerning the J. that hud
2. 16 neither had I as yet told (it)to the J., nor
4. i took great iadignation, and mocked the J .
4. 2 What do these feeble J. ! will they fortify
4. 12 when the J. which dwelt by them came
5. i a grat cry . . against their brethren the J .
5. 8 have redeemed our brethren the J., which
5. 17 an hundred and fifty of the J. and rulers
6. 6 thou and the J. think to rebel : for which
13. 23 In those days also saw I J. (that) had mar.
Esth. 3. 6 Haman sought to destroy all the J. that
3. 10 took his ring, .and gave it unto, .the J.V
3. 13 cause to perish, all J., both young and old
4. 3 (there was) great mourning among the J.
4. 7 to pay to the king s treasuries for the J.
4. 13 the king s house more than all the J.
4. 14 shall there, .deliverance arise to the J.
4. 16 gather together all the J. (that are) pres.
6. 13 If Mordecai(be)oftheseedof the J., before
8. i give the house of Hainan, the J. s enemy
8. 3 to put away the mischief, .against the J.
8. 5 which he wrote to destroy the J. which
8. 7 because he laid his hand upon the J.
8. 8 Write ye also for the J., as it liketh you
8. 9 that Mordecai commanded unto the J.
8. 9 and to the J. according to their writing
8. ii the king granted the J. which (were) in
8. 13 that the J. should be ready against that
8. 16 The J. had light, and gladness, and joy
8. 17 J. had joy and gladness, a feast ai:d a good
8. 17 became J.; for the fear of the J. fell upoa
9 i the enemies of the J. hoped to have power
9. i the J. had rule over them that hated them
9. 2 the J . gathered themselves together in
9. 3 officers of the king helped the J.: because
9. 5 the J. smote all their enemies with the
9. 6 the J. Slew and destroyed five hundred men
9. 10 the enemy of the J., slew they; but on
9. 12 J. have slain and destroyed five hundred
9. 13 let it be granted to the J. which (are) in
9. 15 J. that(were)in Shushan gathered thems.
9. 16 other J. that (were) in the king s provinces
9. 1 8 J. that (were) at Shushan assembled tog
9. 19 the J. of the villages that dwelt in the
9. 20 sent letters unto all the J. that (were) in
9. 22 wherein the J. rested from their enemies
9. 23 the J. undertook to do as they had begua
9. 24 of all the J., had devised against the J.
9. 25 device, which he devised against the J.
9. 27 J. ordained, and took upon them, and
9. 28 days, .should not fail from among the J
9. 30 he sent the letters unto all the J., to the
10. 3 and great among the J. s, and accepted
Jer. 32. 12 the J. that sat in the court of the prison
38. 19 I am afraid of the J. that are fallen to
40. ii all the J. that (were) in Moab, and among
40. 12 the J. returned out of all places whither
40. 15 the J. which are gathered unto thee should
4 1. 3 also slew all the J. that were with him
44. i the J. which dwell in the land of Egypt
52. 28 the seventh year three thousand J., and
52. 30 carried away captive of the J. seven hun
Dan. 3. 8 Chaldeans canie near, and accused the J.
3. 12 There are certain J. whom thou hast set
Matt. 2. 2 Where is he that is born king of the J.?
27. ii saying, Art thou the king of the J.? And
27. 29 mocked him, saying, Hail, king of the J.I
27. 37 This is Jesus the king of the J.
28. 15 reported among the J. until this day
Mark 7. 3 the J., except they wash (their) hands oft
15. 2 asked him, Art thou the King of the J.?
15. 9 I release unto you the King of the J.?
. 12 (unto him) whom ye call the King of the J.?
15. 18 began to salute him, Hail, Kins; of the J.
15. 26 was written over, The King of the J.
Luke 7. 3 he sent unto him the elders of the J.
Luke 7. 3 he sent unto him the elders of the J.
23. 3 saying, Art thou the King of the*/.? And
23. 37 thou be the king of the J., save thyself
23. 38 superscription. .This is the King of the J.
23. 51 (he was) of Arimathaea, a city of the .1.
John 1. 19 when the J. sent priests and Levites from
2. 6 the manner of the purifying of the J.
2. 13 the J. passover was at hand, and Jesus
2. 18 Then answered the J. and said unto him
2. 20 Then said the J., Forty and six years was
3. i man . . named Nicodemus . . a ruler of the J.
^. 25 there arose a question. .J. about purifying
4. 9 How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest
4. 9 J. have no dealings with the Samaritans
4. 22 we know what, .for salvation is of the J.
5. i there was a feast of the J. ; and Jesus w.
5. 10 The J. therefore said unto him that was
5. 15 told the J. that it was Jesus which had
5. 16 therefore did the J. persecute Jesus, and
5. 18 the Jews sought the more to kill him, because
6. 4 the passover, a feast of the J. was nigh
6. 41 The J. then murmured at him, because he
6. 52 The J. therefore strove among themselves
7. i Jewry, because the J sought to kill him
7. 2 the J. feast of tabernacles was at hand
7. n the J. sought him at the feast, and said
7. 13 spake openly of him for fear of the J.
7. 15 the J. marvelled, saying, How knoweth
7. 35 Then said the J. among themselves, Wh.
8. 22 Then said the J., Will he kill himself?
8. 31 Then said Jesus to those J. which believed
8. 48 Then answered the J., and said unto him
8. 52 Then said the J. unto him, Now we know
8. 57 Then said the J. unto him, Thou art not
9. 1 8 the J. did not believe concerning him
9. 22 they feared the J. : for the J. had agreed
10. 19 a division therefore again among the J.
io- 24 Then came the J. round about him, and
10. 31 the J. took up stones again to stone him
10. 33 The J. answered him, saying, For a good
11. 8 the J. of late sought to stone thee; and
n. 19 the J. came to Martha and Mary, to
ii. 31 The J. then which were with her in the
ii. 33 the J. also weeping which came with her
n. 36 Then said the J., Behold how he loved
ii. 45 many of the J. which came to Mary, and
ii. 54 Jesus, .walked no more openly among. .J.
11. 55 the J. passover was nigh at hand; and
12. 9 the J. therefore knew that he was there
12. ii the J. went away, and believed on Jesus
13. 33 I said unto the J., Whither I go, ye can.
i j. 12 officers of the J. took Jesus, and bound
1 8. 14 Caiaphas. .ne which gave counsel to the J.
18. 20 the temple, whither the J. always resort
1 8. 31 The J. therefore said unto him, It is not
18. 33 said unto him, Art thou the King of the J.?
18. 35 Pilate answered, Am I a J. ? Thine own
18. 36 I should not be delivered to the J. : but
1 8. 38 he went out again unto the J., and saith
1 8. 39 I release unto you the King of the J. ?
19. 3 said, Hail, King of the J. ! and they sm.
19. 7 The J. ,answered him, We have a law, and
19. 12 the J. cried out, saying, If thou let this
19. 14 and he saith unto the J , Behold your K. !
19. 19 was, Jesus of Nazareth the King of the J.
19. 20 This title then read many of the J. ; for
19. 21 J. to Pilate, Write not, The King of the J.
19. 21 but that he said, I am King of the J.
19. 31 The J. therefore, because it was the
19. 38 disciple., but secretly for fear of the J.
19. 40 spices, as the manner of the J. is to bury
19. 42 because of the J/s preparation (day) ; for
20. 19 disciples were assembled for fear of . . J.
.cta 2. 5 there were dwelling at Jerusalem J., de.
2. io and strangers of Koine, J. and proselytes
9. 22 confounded the J. which dwelt at Dama.
9. 23 And after, .the J. took counsel to kill him
io. 22 good report among all the nation of the J.
io. 28 for a man that is a J. to keep company
10. 39 he did both in the land of the J., and in
11. 19 the word to none but unto the J. only
12. 3 he saw it pleased the J., he proceeded
12. ii the expectation of the people of the J.
13. 5 word of God in the synagogues of the J.
13. 6 false prophet, a J., whose name (was) B.
13. 42 [the J. were gone out of the synagogue]
13. 43 the J. and religious proselytes followed
13. 45 when the J. saw the multitudes, they
13. 50 J. stirred up tne devout and honourable
14. i together into the synagogue of the J.
14. i a great multitude both of the J. and also
14. 2 the unbelieving J. stirred up the Gentiles
14. 4 part held with the J., and part with the
14. 5 also of the J. with their rulers, to use
ii. 19 (certain) J. from Antioch and Iconium
16. 3 circumcised him because of the J. which
16. 20 These men, being J., do exceedingly trou.
17. i to Thessalonica,. .synagogue of the J.
17. 5 the J. which believed not,moved with envy
17. io went into the synagogue of the J.
17. 13 when the J. of Thessalonica had
17. 17 disputed he in the synagogue with the J>
18. 2 found a certain J. named Aquila, born in
18. 2 had commanded all J. to depart from R.
18. 4 and persuaded tne J. and the Greeks
18. 5 testified to the J. (that) Jesus (was) Christ
18. 12 the J. made insurrection with one accord
18. 14 Gallio said unto the.J., If it were a matter
18. 14 (ye) J., reason would that I should bear
Acts 18. 19 ha. . entered, .and reasoned with the J.
18. 24 certain J. named Apollos, born at Alexa.
18. 28 For he mightily convinced the J., (and
19. 10 heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both J.
19. 13 certain of the vagabond J., exorcists, took
19. 14 there were seven sons of (one) Sceva, a J.
19. 17 this was known to all the J. and Greeks
19. 33 drew Alexanuer out. . J. putting him for.
19. 34 when they knew that he was a J., all with
20. 3 the J. laid wait for him, as he was about
20. 19 befell me by the lying in wait of the J.
20. 21 Testifying both to the J., and also to the
21. ii So shall the J. at Jerusalem bind the mail
21. 20 thousands of J. there are which believe
21. 21 thou teachest all the J. whk h are among
21. 27 the J. which were of Asia, when they saw
21. 39 I am aman (which am) a J. of Tarsus, (a
22. 3 I am verily a man (which am) a J., born in
22. 12 having a good report of all the J. which
22. 30 certainty wherefore he was accused of. . J
23. 12 certain of the J. banded together, and
23. 20 The J. have agreed to desire thee that
23. 27 This man was taken of the J., and should
23. 30 how that [the J.] laid wait for the man
24. 5 among all the J. throughout the world
24. 9 the J. also assented, saying, that these
24. 18 certain J. from Asia found me purified
24. 27 Felix, willing to show the J. a pleasure
25. 2 chief of the J. informed him against Paul
25. 7 the J. which came down from Jerusalem
25. 8 Neither against the law of the J., neither
25. 9 Festus, willing to do the J. a pleasure
25. io to the J. have I done no wrong, as thou
25. 15 the elders of the J. informed (me), desir.
25. 24 multitude of the J. have dealt with me
26. 2 the things whereof I amaccusedof the J.
26. 3 customs and questions . . are among the J.
26. 4 My manner of life, .know all the J.
26. 7 which . . Agrippa, I am accused of the J.
26. 21 the J. caught me in the temple, and went
28. 17 Paul called the chief of the J. together
28. 19 But when the J. spake against (it), I was
28. 29 [the J.] departed, and had great reasoning Rom. 1. 16 to the J. first, and also to the Greek
2. 9 of the J. first, and also of the Gentile
2. io to the J. first, and also to the Gentile
2. 17 thou art called a J., and restest in the
2. 28 For he is not a J. which is one outwardly
2. 29 But he (is) a J. which is one inwardly ; and
3. iWhat advantage then hath the J. ? or what
3. 9 have before proved both J. and Gentiles
3. 29 (Is he) the God of the J. only ? (is he) not
9. 24 of the Jews only, but also of the .Gentiles
10. 12 no difference between the J. and the Gre.
t Co. i. 22 the J. require a sign, and the Greeks seek
i. 23 unto the Jews a stumbling block, and unto
1. 24 them wnich are called, both J. and Greeks
9. 20 And unto the J. I became as a J., that
g. 20 I might gain the J.; to them that are
10. 32 neither to the J., nor to the Gentiles, nor
12. 13 whether (we be) J. or Gentiles, whether
2 Co. ii. 24 Of the J. five times received I forty
Gal. 2. 13 the other J. dissembled likewise withhim
2. 14 I said. .If thou, being a J., livest after
2. 14 the manner of the G., and not as do the J.
2. 15 We (who are) J. by nature, and not sinners
3. 28 There is neither J. nor Greek, there is
Col. 3. ii there is neither Greek nor J., circumcision
i Th. 2. 14 have suffered .. even as they (have) of. . J.
Rev. 2. 9 which say they are J., and are not, but
3. 9 which say they are J., and are not, but
1. Ornament, 70 chali.
Song 7. i the joints of thy thighs (are) like jewels
^.Ornament, n;^n chelyah.
Hos. 2. 13 she decked herself with . . her jewels, and
3. Vessel, instrument, ^3 keli.
Gen. 24. 53 jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and
Exod.3. 22 jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and
11. 2 borrow, .jewels of silver, and jewels of g.
12. 35 jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and
35. 22 brought, .rings, and tablets, all jewels of
Nuni3i. 50 jewels of gold, chains, and bracelets, rings
31. 51 took the gold of them . .all wrought jewels
1 Sa. 6. 8 put the jewels of gold, which ye return
6. 15 wherein the jewels of gold (were), and
2 Ch.2o. 25 precious jewels, which they stripped off
32. 27 treasuries for. .all manner of pleasant je.
Job 28. 17 the exchange of it (shall not be for) jewels
Prov 20. 15 the lips of knowledge (are) a precious jew.
Isa. 61. io as a bride adorneth (herself) with her je.
Eze. 16. 17 Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of
16. 39 shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee
23. 26 They shall also, .takeaway thy fair jewels
4. A ring for the ear or nose, on nezem.
Prov ii. 22 (As) a jewel of gold in a swine s snout
Isa. 3. 21 The rings, and nose jewels
Eze. 16.12! put a jewel on thy forehead ,and ear rings
5.A peculiar treasure or property, ."tap segullah.
Mai. 3. 17 in that day when I make up my jewels
JEWESS A female Jeio, louSoio Toudaia.
Acts 16. i the son of a certain woman, which was a J
24. 24 with his wife Drusilla, which was a J.
JEW -ISH, JEWS , n^WIovSaiKosMonffingtoaJ.
2 Ki.iS. 26 talk not with us in the J. language in
18. 28 cried with aloud voice in the J. language
2 Ch-32. 18 they cried with a loud voice in the J. sp.
J E Z R E E L
Neh. 13. 24 their children, .could not speak in the J.
Isa. 36. n speak not to us in the J. language, in the
36. 13 cried with a loud voice in the J. language
Titusi. 14 Not giving heed to J. fables, and commaii.
JEWRY, lovSaia See Judea.
Luke23. 5 teaching throughout all J., beginning
John 7. i he would not walk in J., because the Jews
JEWS, to become, or live as
1. To become, act, or show self a Jew, in; yahad, 7.
Esth. 8.17 many of the people of the land became J.
2. To become, act as a Jew, louoai fa loudaizo.
Gal. 2. 14 compellest. .Gentiles to live as do the J.?
JEWS, as do the
Judaically, lovSa iKws foudaikos.
Gal. 2. 14 manner of Gentiles, and not as do the J.
Judaism, Iov5aiff/j.6s loudaismos.
Gal. i. 13 in time past in the J. religion, how
1. 14 profited in the J. religion above many
JE-ZAN-I AH, ?.Tjr Jah determines.
A captain of the Jews, generally called Jaazeniah, who
would not be persuaded to serve the Chaldeans B c
588. Called also Jaazeniah.
Jer. 40. 8 and J. the son of a Maachathite, they and
42. i and J. the son of Hoshaiah, and all the
JE-ZE -BEL, Srirx, le^a^A. without cohabitation. A daughter of Ethbaal, king of the Zidonians, and the
wife of Ahab and mother of Joram kings of Israel. B.C.
1 Ki.i6. 31 he took to wife J., the daughter of Ethb.
18. 4 when J. cut off the prophets of the LORD
18. 13 what I did when J. slew the prophets of
18. igthe prophets of thegroves.. which eatatJ s
19. i Ahab told J. all that Elijah had done, and
19. 2 Then J. sent a messenger unto Elijah, say
21. 5 But J. his wife came to him, and said unto
21. 7 J. his wife said unto him, Dost thou now
21. ii the men of his city, .did as J. had sent
21. 14 Then they sent to J., saying, Naboth is
21. 15 when J. heard. .J. said to Ahab, Arise
21. 23 J. . .The dogs shall eat J. by the wall of
21. 25 none like unto Ahab. .whom J. his wife
2 Ki. 9 . 7 I may avenge the blood., at the hand of J.
9. io the dogs shall eat J. in the portion of Jez.
9. 22 so long as the whoredoms of thymotherJ.
9. 30 when Jehu was come to Jezreel, J. heard
9. 36 In the portion, .dogs eat the flesh of J.
9. 37 the carcase of J. shall be as dung upon
9. 37 (so) that they shall not say, This (is) J.
Rev. 2. 20 because thou sufferest that woman [J.]
JE -ZER, -i>". formation.
The third son of Naphtali. B.C. 1698.
Gen. 46. 24 And the sons of Naphtali. .Guni, and J.
Nuni26. 49 Of J., the family of the Jezerites : of Shil.
i Ch. 7. 13 The sons of Naphtali. .Guni, and J., and
The descendants of the preceding Jezer.
Num26. 49 Of Jezer, the family of the J.: of Shillem
JE-ZI -AH, rrr Jah unites.
One of the Parosh family that had taken a strange wife.
Ezra io. 25 of the sons of Parosh ; Ramiah, and J.
JE-ZI -EL, *?X T: God unites [v.L. Wir].
Son of Azmaveth a valiant man who joined David at
Ziklag with his brother Pelet. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 3 and J., and Pelet, the sons of Azmaveth
JEZ-LI -AH, .IN^} Jah delivers.
A son of Elpaal a Benjamite. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 8. 18 Ishmerai also, and J., and Jobab, the soni
JE-ZO -AR,, (doubtful reading of ins-, v.L. ink). A son of Helah, wife of Ashur, a descendant of Caleb
he son of Hur. B.C. 1500.
i Ch. 4. 7 And the sons of Helah (were). . J., and E.
JEZ-RAH-I AH, irmi: Jah is shining.
The overseer of those singing at the purification of the
people. B.C. 445. See Izrahiah,
Neh. 12. 42 And the singers sang loud, with J. (their)
JEZ-RE -EL, ^in, (Win) God sows.
1. A city in the hill country of Judah, near Jokdeam
Josh. 15. 56 And J., and Jokdeam, and Zanoah
1 Sa. 25. 43 David also took Ahinoam of J. ; and they
29. i Israelites pitched by a fountain, .in J.
29. ii men rose, .the Philistines went up to J
2. A city in the tribe of Issachar, but belonging to
Manasseh, between Megiddo and Bethshean near Mount
Gilboa ; now called Zerin or Serin.
Josh. 19. 18 their border was toward J., and Chesul.
2 Sa. 2. 9 made him king over Gilead . .and over J.
4. 4 the tidings came of. .Jonathan out of J.
1 Ki. 4- 12 Beth-shean. .(is) by Zartanah beneath J.
18. 45 great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to J.
18. 46 and ran before Ahab to the entrance of J.
21. i Jezreelite had a vineyard,which (was) in J.
21. 23 dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of J.
2 Ki. 8. 29 Joram went back to be healed in J. of
8. 29 down to see Joram the son of Ahab in J.
9. io shall eat Jezebel in the portion of J.
9. 15 Joram was returned to be healed in J. of
JEZREELITB 646 JOASH
a Ki. 9. 15 out of the city to go to tell (it) m J.
a 16 Jeh\i rode in a chariot, and went to J.; for
o. 17 there stood a watchman on the tower in .1.
q. 30 when Jehu was come to J., Jezebel heard
q. 36 In the portion of J. shall dogs eat the
q. 37 face of the Held in the portion of J.
10. i unto the rulers of J., to the elders, and
jo. 6 come to me to J. by to morrow this time
10. 7 heads in baskets, .sent him (them) to J.
10. ii that remained of the house of Ahab in J.
2 Ch.22. 6 he returned to be healed in J. because of
22. 6 down to see Jehoram the son of Ahab at J .
3. The valley or plain in which Jezreel stood.
Josh 17. 16 and (they) who (are) of the valley of J.
Judg. 6. 33 went over, and pitched in the valley of J.
Hos. i. 5 the bow of Israel in the valley of J.
2. 22 shall hear. . the oil ; and they shall hear .) .
4. A descendant of the father of Etam. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 4. 3 J.,and Ishma, and Idbash : and the name
6. The symbolic name of the eldest son of Hosea the
prophet. B.C. 780.
Hos. i. 4 Call his name J. ; for yet a little (while)
6. A symbolic name of Israel.
Hos. i. 4 I will avenge the blood of J. upon the
i. ii for great (shall be) the day of J.
The people of Jezreel in Issachar.
1 Ki 21. i the J. had a vineyard, which (was) in Je.
21. 4 word which Naboth the J. had spoken to
21. 6 I spake unto Naboth the J., and said unto
21. 7 give thee the vineyard of Naboth the J.
21. 15 possession of . .vineyard of Naboth the J.
21. 16 go down to the vineyard of Naboth the J.
2 Ki q 21 met him in the portion of Naboth the J.
9. 25 the portion of the field of Naboth the J.
A female inhabitant of Jezreel (in Judah). B.C. 1050.
1 Sa. 27. 3 Ahinoam the J., and Abigail the Carmel.
30. 5 Ahinoam the J., and Abigail the wife of
2 Sa. 2. 2 Ahinoam the J., and Abigail, Nabal s wife
-. 2 first born was Amnon, of Ahinoam the J.
i Ch. 3! i the first born Amnon, of Ahinoam the J.
JTB -SAM, Gyi*. lovely sweet.
A son of Tola, son of Issachar. B.C. 1600.
i Ch. 7. 2 J., and Shemuel, heads of their father s
JTD -LAPH, ^T melting aicay.
A son of Nahor and uephew of Abraham. B.C. 1870.
Gen. 22. 22 and Hazo, and Pildash, and J., and Bet.
JIM -NAH, JTM -NA, n:s: prosperity.
The first born son of Asher, whose descendants were
called Jimnites. B.C. 1690. Called Imnah in i Ch. 7.
Gen 46. 17 J., and Ishuah, and Isui, and Beriah, and
Nuni26. 44 of J.,the family of the Jimnites: of Jesui
A family that sprang from Jimnah the first born of
Num26. 44 of Jimna, the family of the J. : of Jesui
JTPH -TAH, npt:^ breaking through.
A city in Judah, near Ashnah and Nezib.
Josh 15. 43 And J., and Ashnah, and Nezib
JIPH -THAH-EL, ^NTin?? God is breaking through.
A valley in Zebulun, on the border of Asher and Zebu-
Ion, now called Jcfat.
Josh 10. 14 outgoings thereof are in the valley of J.
19. 27 the valley of J. toward the north side of
JO -AB, 3KV Jah is father.
1. David s nephew, the son of his sister Zeruiah. He
became a most overbearing captain in his uncle David s
anny. B.C. 1015.
1 Sa. 26. 6 Abishai the son of Zeruiah, brother to J.
2 Sa 2. 13 J. the son of Zeruiah, and the servants of
2. 14 Abner said to J., Let the young men now
2. 14 play before us. And J. said, Let them arise
2. 18 sons of Zeruiah there, J.,and Abishai, and
2. 22 should I hold up my face to J. thy brot.?
2. 24 J. also and Abishai pursued after Abner
2 26 Then Abner called to J., and said, Shall
2. 27 J. said, (As) God liveth, unless thou hadst
2. 28 J. blew a trumpet, and all the people
2. 30 J. returned from following Abner: and
2. 32 J. and his men went all night, and they
o 22 servants of David and J.came from (pur.)
3 23 J. and all the host that (was) with him
3. 23 they told J., saying, Abner the son of Ner
3. 24 Then J. came to the king, and said, What
3. 26 when J. waa come out from David, he sent
3 27 J took him aside in the gate to speak
3. 29 Let it rest OP the Jiead of J., and on all
3 29 let there not iail from the house of J.
3. 30 So J. and Abishai his brother slew
3. 31 David said to J., and to all the people
8 16 J. the son of Zeruiah (was) over the host
10 7 he sent J., and all the host of the mighty
10 Q J. saw that the front of the battle was
10. 13 J. drew nigh, and the peo. that (were) with
10. 14 J. returned from the children of Ammon
11. i David sent J., and his servants with him
1 1. 6 David sent to J., (saying), Send me Uriah
1 1. 6 And J. sent Uriah to David
it. 7 David demanded (of him) how J. did, and
2 Sa. ii. ii J., and the servants of my lord, are enca
ii. 14 David wrote a letter to J., and sent (it) by
ii. 16 whenJ. observed the city, that he assigned
ix. 17 men of the city went, .and fought with J.
ix. 18 Then J. sent and told David all the things
11. 22 showed David all that J. had sent him for
a. 25 Thus shalt thou say unto J., Let not this
12. 26 J. fought against Kabbah of the children
12! 27 J. sent messengers to David, and said, I
14. i J. the son of Zeruiah perceived that the
14. 2 J. sent to Tekoah, and fetched thence a
14. 3 So J. put the wortL in her mouth
ii. 19 (Is not) the hand of J. with thee in all
14. 19 J., he bade me, and he put all these words
14. 20 hath thy servant J. done this thing : and
14. 21 the king said unto J., Beholdnow, I have
14. 22 J. fell to the ground on his face, and
14. 22 J. said, To day thy servant knoweth that
14. 23 J. arose, and went to Geshur, and brought
14. 29 Absalom sent for J., to have sent him to
14. 30 J. s field is near mine, and he hath barley
14. 31 Then J. arose, and came to Absalom unto
14. 32 Absalom answered J., Behold, I sent unto
14. 33 J. came to the king, and told him : and
17. 25 Amasa captain of the host instead of J.
17. 25 Nahash, sister to Zeruiah, J. s mother
1 8 2 David . . a third part . . under the hand of J.
18. 2 part under the hand of Abishai. .J. s bro.
18. 5 king commanded J. and Abishaiand Ittai
18. 10 and told J., and said, Behold, I &aw Abs.
18. ii J. said unto the man that told him, And
18. 12 the man said unto J., Though I should
1 8. 14 Then said J., I may not tarry thus with
18. 15 ten young men that bare J. s armour
1 8. 16 J. blew the trumpet, and the people retur.
1 8. 16 after Israel : for J. held back the people
18. 20 And J. said unto him, Thou shalt not bear
1 8. 21 Then said J. to Cushi, Go tell the king
1 8. 21 And Cushi bowed himself unto J., and ran
18. 22 Then said Ahimaaz. .yet again to J., But
18. 22 J. said, Wherefore wilt thou run, my son
18. 29 When J. sent the king s servant, and (me)
19. i it was told J., Behold, the king weepeth
19. 5 J. came into the house to the king, and
19. 13 before me continually in the room of J.
20. 7 there went out after him J. s men, and
20. 8 J. s garment that he had put on was girded
20. 9 J. said to Amasa, (Art) thou in health, my
20. 9 J. took Amasa by the beard with the right
20. 10 heed to the sword that (was) in J. s hand
20. 10 J. and Abishai his brother pursued after
20 ii one of J. s men stood by him, and said
20. 1 1 He that favoureth J. . .(let him go) after J.
20. 13 the people went on after J., to pursue
20. 15 people that (were) with J. battered the
20. 16 say, I pray you, unto J., Come near hither
20. 17 the woman" said, (Art) thou J.? And he
20. 20 J. answered and said, Far be it, far be it
20. 21 the woman said unto J., Behold, his head
20. 22 cut off the head, .and cast (it) out to J.
20. 22 J. returned to Jerusalem unto the king
20. 23 J. (was) over all the host of Israel : and
23 18 the brother of J., the son of Zeruiah, was
23, 24 the brother of J., (was) one of the thirty
23. 37 armour bearer to J . the son of Zeruiah
24. 2 the king said to J. the captain of the
24. 3 J. said unto the king, Now the LORD thy
24. 4 the king s word prevailed against J., and
24. 4 J. and the captains of the host went out
24. 9 J. gave up the sum of the number of the
i Ki. ii 7 he conferred with J. the son of Zeruiah
1. 19 the priest, and J. the captain of the host
i 41 when J. heard the sound of the trumpet
2. 5 what J. the son of Zeruiah did to me, (and)
2. 22 the priest, and for J. the son of Zeruiah
2. 28 tidings came to J.: for J. had turned after
2. 28 J. fled unto the tabernacle of the LORD
2. 29 it was told king Solomon that J. was fled
2. 30 saying, Thus said J., and thus he answered
2. 31 take away the innocent blood, which J.
2. 33 blood shall, .return upon the head of J.
ii. 15 J. the captain of the host was gone up to
ii. 16 For six months did J. remain there with
ii. 21 Hadad heard, .that J. the captain of the
i Ch. 2. 16 And the sons of Zeruiah ; Abishai, and J
ii. 6 J. the son of Zeruiah went first up, and
1 1. 8 round about : and J. repaired the rest o:
ii. 20 Abishai the brother of J., he was chief of
ii. 26 valiant men. . (were) Asahel. .brother of J
ii. 39 Naharai.. the armour bearer of J. the son
1 8. 15 J. the son of Zeruiah (was) over the hos
19. 8 when David heard (of it.), he sent J., and
19. 10 J. saw that the battle was set against him
19. 14 So J. . .drew near before the Syrians unto
19. 15 entered into the city. Then J. came to
20. i J. led forth the power of the army, and
20. i And J. smote Kabbah, and destroyed it
21. 2 David said to J., and to the rulers of the
21. 3 J. answered, The LORD make his people
21. 4 the king s word prevailed against J.: wh
21. 4 J. departed, and went throughout all Is
21. 5 J. gave the sum of the number of the pe
21. 6 for the king s word was abominable to J
26. 28 all that. . J. the son of Zeruiah, had dedi
27. 7 fourth, .(was) Asahel the brother of J.
27. 24 J. the son of Zeruiah began to number
27. 34 the general of the king s army (was) J.
Psa. 60. title. J. returned, and smote of Edom. .twe
2. A descendant of Caleb the son of Hur, of the tribe o
i Ch. 2. 54 At.aroth, the house of J., and half of the I
3. A grandson of Kenaz, of the tribe of Judah. B.C.
1 Ch. 4. 14 ami Seraiah begat J., the father of the
4. An Israelite whose posterity went up from Babylon
with Zerubbabel. B.C. 538.
Ezra 2. 6 of the children of Jeshua (and) J., two
Neh. 7. ii of the children of Jeshua and J., two th.
3. One whose descendants went up from Babylon with
izra. B.C. 458.
Ezra 8. 9 Of the sons of J ; Obadiah the son of Je.
ro -AH, nxv Jah is brother.
1. A son of Asaph the recorder in the time of Hezekiah.
2 Ki. 1 8. 1 8, 37 Shebna the scribe, and J. the son of
18. 26 Then said..J.. .Speak, I pray thee, to thy
Isa. 36. 3 Shebna the scribe, and J., Asaph s son
36. ii Then said Eliakim and Shebna and J.
36. 22 Shebna the scribe, and J., the son of As.
2. t~ descendant of Gershom, son of Levi. B.C. 1380.
1 Ch. 6. 21 J. his son, Iddo his son, Zerah his son,
2 Ch.29- 12 J. the son of Zimmah. .Eden the son of J.
3. A son of Obed-edom (a descendant of Kohath), a por-
;er in the tabernacle. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.26. 4 J. the third, and Sacar the fourth, andN.
4. A Levite commissioned by Josiah to repair the house
of the Lord. B.C. 621.
2 Ch. 34. 8 J. the son of Joahaz the recorder, to rep.
JO-A -HAZ, intfv Jah helps.
Father of Joah the recorder under king Josiah. B.C.
2 Ch.34- 8 Joah the son of J. the recorder, to repair
JO-AN -NA, liadvva, luavvas.
1. A female disciple, the wife of an officer in Ilerod s
Luke 8. 3 And J. the wife of Chuza Herod s steward
24. 10 andJ.. .told these things unto the apostks
. The grandson of Zerubbabel, an ancestor of Joseph
the husband of Mary, in the line given by Luke.
Luke 3. 27 Which was(the son)of [J.], which was (the
JO -ASH, tfNi , TK Jah supports. (r^V, Xos. 1-2).
1. A son of Becher, son of Benjamin. B.C. 1650.
i Ch. 7. 8 the sons of Becher; Zeinira, and J., and
2. Keeper of the stores of oil in David s time. B.C.
i Ch.27- 28 and over the cellars of oil (was) J.
3. The father of Gideon, of the tribe of Mauasseh. B.C
Judg. 6. ii under an oak. .that (pertained) unto J.
6. 29 Gideon the son of J. hath done this thing
6. 30 Then the men of the city, unto J., Bring
6. 31 J. said unto all that stood against him
7. 14 nothing else save the sword of . .son of J.
8. 13 Gideon the son of J. returned from battle
8. 29 Jerubbaal the son of J. went and dwelt in
8. 32 Gideon the son of J. died in a good old
8. 32 was buried in the sepulchre of J. his fa.
4. A son of Ahab, king of Israel. B.C. 896.
1 Ki. 22. 26 and carry him back, .to J. the king s sen
2 Ch.iS. 25 and carry him back, .to J. the king s son
5. A son of Ahaziah, king of Judah. B.C. 850. He
called also Jehoauh.
2 Ki. ii. 2 But Jehosheba. .took J. the son of Ahaz
12. 19 the rest of the acts of J., and all that he
12. 20 his servants arose, .and slew J. in the
13. i In the three and twentieth year of J. the
13. 10 In the thirty and seventh year of J. king
14. i reigned Amaziah the son of J. king of J.
14. 3 he did according to all things as J. his
14. 17 Amaziah the son of J. . .lived after the
14. 23 fifteenth year of Amaziah the son of J.
1 Ch. 3. ii Joram his son, Ahaziah his son, J. his son
2 Ch.22. ii But Jehoshabeath . . took J. the son of Ah.
24. i J. (was) seven years old when he be. v. 2.
24. 4 J. was minded to repair the house of the
24. 22 Thus J. the king remembered not the kin.
24. 24 So they executed judgment against J.
25. 23 took Amaziah king of Judah, the son of J.
25. 25 Amaziah the son of J... lived after the death
6. A son of Jehoahaz, and grandson of Jehu. B.C. 840.
2 Ki.i 3. 9 slept. . J. his son reigned in his stead
13 12 the rest of the acts of J., and all that he
13 13 J. slept with his fathers, .and J. was bur.
13 14 J. the king of Israel came down unto him
13. 25 three times did J. beat him, and recovered
14! i In the second year of J. son of Jehoahaz
14 03 Jeroboam the son of J. king of Israel be.
14 27 by the hand of Jeroboam the son of J.
2 Ch 25 17 Then Amaziah. .sent to J., the son of Jeh.
25! 18 J. king of Israel, .to Amaziah king of Ju.
25. 21 So J. the king of Israel went up ; and they
25 23 J- -took Amaziah king of Judah, the son
25! 25 Amaziah. .lived after the death of J., son
Hos. i. i in the days of Jeroboam the son of J. , king
Amos i. i in the days of Jeroboam the son of J. king
7. A descendant of Shelah, son of Judah. B.C. 1200.
i Ch. 4. 22 J., and Saraph, who had the dominion in
S. The second in command of those that joined David at
Ziklag. B.C. ios8.
i Ch. 12. 3 The chiti (was) Ahiezer, then J. the soafl
JOATHAM 547 JOHN
JO-A -THAM, Iwaflo/u.
A progenitor of Joseph the husband of Mary, as enumer
ated in Matthew s gospel.
Matt. i. 9 Ozias begat J. ; and J. begat Achaz; and
JOB, 3i- x, I&5j8 hated.
A descendant of Aram, son of Shem, dwelling in Uz, in
the N. of Arabia, or in E. of Kdom and Moab ; sup
posed to have been contemporaneous with Abraham.
The Hook of Job was probably introduced to the know
ledge of Israel by Moses, who may have written the
introduction (chap.i., ii,)and the conclusion (xlii.o-i 7).
The object or the book is twofold, to show first, that
true religion is not based on Bullish considerations, or
an answer to the question, Does Job serve God for
nought ? and second, that temporal calamities are not
always the consequences of sin. The character of Job is
described in ch. i. 1-5; his first trial in v. 5- 22; his second
trial in ii. i-io ; his friends visit, 11-13 J his complaint
in iii. ; Eliphaz s remonstrance in iv., v. ; Job s reply in
vi. vii. ; Bildad s remonstrance in viii. ; Job s reply in
ix. x. ; Zophar s remonstrance in xi. ; Job s reply xii,
xiii. xiv. ; Eliphaz responds in xv. ; Job refutes him
in xvi. xvii. ; Bildad responds in xviii. ; Job refutes
him in xix. ; Zophar responds in xx. ; Job refutes him
in xxi. ; Eliphaz attacks Job in xxii. ; Job refutes him
in xxiii., xxiv. ; Bildad attacks Job in xxv. ; Job refutes
him in xxvi. xxxi. ; Elihu interposes in xxxii.-xxxvii.;
God interposes in xxxviii. xxxix, xl. i, 2 ; Job humbles
himself in xl. 3-5 ; God resumes, and concludes in xl.
6-xli. ; Job s submission, xlii. i, 6 ; his friends submis
sion, 7-9; his latter end, 10-17. He dies, aged about
Job i. 5 it was so. .that J., sent and sanctified y. i.
i. 5 J. said, It may be. .Thus did J. continua.
i. 8 Hast thou considered my servant J., that
i. 9 Satan answered, .and said, Doth J. fear
i. 14 there came a messenger unto J., and said
j. 20 Then J..arose, and rent his mantle, and
1. 22 In all this J. sinned not, nor charged G.
2. 3 Hast thou considered my servant J., that
2. 7 So went Satan forth . . and smote J. with
2. 10 In all this did not J. sin with his lips
2. ii Now when J. s three friends heard of all
3. i After-this J. opened his mouth, and cursed
3. 2 J. spake, and said
6. i J. answered and said
[Also in 9. i ; 12. i ; 16. i ; 19. i ; 21. i ; 23. i ; 26. i.]
27. i Moreover J. continued his parable, and
29. i Moreover J. continued his parable, and
31. 40 Let t-histles grow. .The words of J. are
32. i So these three men ceased to answer J.
32. 2 against J. was his wrath kindled, because
32. 3 no answer, and (yet) had condemned J.
32. 4 Now Elihu had waited till J. had spoken
32. 12 (there was) none of you that convinced J.
33. i Wherefore, J., I pray thee hear my spec.
33. 31 Mark well, J.; hearken unto me : hold
34. 5 For J. hath said, I am righteous : and God
34. 7 What man (is) like J., (who) drinketh up
34. 35 J. hath spoken without knowledge, and
34. 36 My desire (is, that) J. may be tried unto
35. 16 Therefore doth J. open his mouth in vain
37. 14 Hearken unto this, O J. : stand still, and
38. i Then the LORD answered J. out of the
40. i Moreover the LORD answered J., and said
40. 3 Then J. answered the LORD, and said
40. 6 Then answered the LORD unto J. out of
42. i Then J. answered the LORD, and said
42. 7 the LORD had spoken these words unto J.
42. 7 ye have not spoken, .as my servant J.
42. 8 take . . seven rams, and go to my servant J.
42. 8 my servant J. shall pray for you ; for him
42. 8 ye have not spoken, .like my servant J.
42. 9 commanded them : the LORD . . accepted J.
42. 10 turned. . captivity of J.. .the LORD gave J.
42. 12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of J.
42. 15 no women, .(so) fair as the daughters of J.
42. 16 After this lived J. an hundred and forty
42. 17 So J. died, (being) old, and full of days
Eze. 14. 14 Though these, .men, Noah, Daniel, and J.
14. 20 Though Noah, Daniel, and J., (were) in
Jas. 5. ii Ye have heard of the patience of J., and
JOB, 3V returning.
The third son of Issachar, called in another genealogy
(Num. 26. 24) Jashib, and (i Ch. 7. i) Jatslmb. B.C. 1692.
Gen. 46. 13 the sonsof Issachar. .Phuvah, and J., and
JO -BAB, 33V howling.
1. A son of Joktan the Shemite. B.C. 2200.
Gen. 10. 29 Ophir, and Hayilah, and J. : all these
i Ch. i . 23 Ophir.and Havilah, and J. All these (were)
2. The second king of Edom, and son of Zerah of Bozrah.
Gen. 36. 33 J. the son of Zerah. .reigned in his stead
36. 34 J. died, and Husham . .reigned in his stead
i Ch. i. 44 J. the son of Zerah. .reigned in his stead
i. 45 when J. was dead, Husham. .reigned in
3. A king ef Madon, a Canaanitish city conquered by
Joshua. B.C. 1450.
Josh ii. i came to pass, .that he sent to J. king of
i. A son of Shaharaim, a Benjamite. B.C. 1350.
i Ch. 8. 9 he begat of Hodesh his wife, J., and Zibia
5. A son of Elpaal. a Benjamite. B.C. 1350.
i Ch. 8. 18 Ishmerai also, and Jezliah, and J., the
JO-CHE -BED, -c:i> Jah is honmtr.
The wife of Amram, and mother of Miriam, Aaron, and
Moses. B.C. 1560.
Exod. 6. 20 Amram took him J. his father s sister to
Num26. 59 the name of Amram s wife (was) J., the
JO -ED, -iyv Jah is witness.
A son of Pedaiah, a Henjamite. B.C. 520.
Neh. ii. 7 Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of J.
JO -EI, SKV, lonrjA. Jah is God.
1. The first born son of Samuel the prophet ; called
Vashnihi i Ch. 6. 28. B.C. 1112.
i Sa. 8. 2 Now the name of his first born was J. , and
i Ch. 6. 33 Human a singer, the son of J., the son of
15. 17 Levites appointed Heman the son of J.
2. A Simeonite. B.C. 800.
i Ch. 4. 35 J., and Jehu the son of Josibiah, the son
3. The father of Shemaiah, a Reubenite. B.C. 1570.
i Ch. 5. 4 The sonsof J. ; Shemaiah his son, Gog his
5. 8 Azaz, the son of Shema, the son of J., who
4. A chief Gadite. B.C. 1070.
i Ch. 5. 12 J. the chief, and Shapham the next, and
5. A Kohathite, and ancestor of Samuel the prophet.
i Ch. 6. 36 son of Elkanah, the son of J., the son of
6. A descendant of Tola, son of Issachar. B.C. 1500.
i Ch. 7. 3 Michael, and Obadiah, and J., Ishiah, five
7. One of David s valiant men and a brother of Nathan.
i Ch.n. 38 J. the brother of Nathan, Mibhar the son
8. A Gershonite in the days of David. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.is- 7 J. the chief, and his. .an hundred and th.
15. ii Asaiah, and J., Shemaiah, and Eliel, and
23. 8 the chief (was) Jehiel, and Zetham, and J.
9. A Gershonite, keeper of the treasures of the house of
the Lord in the days of David. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.26. 22 Zetham, and Joel his brother, (which were)
10. A prince of Manasseh, W. of the Jordan, in the days
of David. B.C. 1015.
1 Ch.27- 20 of the half tribe of Manasseh ; J. the son
11. A Kohathite that aided in cleansing the temple in the
days of Hezekiah. B.C. 726.
2 Ch.2g. 12 J. the son of Azariah, of the sons of the
12. One of Nebo s family who had taken a strange wife
during the exile. B.C. 45^.
Ezra 10. 43 Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Jadau. . J., B.
13. A son of Zichri, and overseer of the Benjamites in
Jerusalem. B.C. 445.
Neh.n. 9 J. the son of Zichri (was) their overseer
14. Son of Pethuel, and prophet in the days of I zziah
king of Judah. B.C. 720.
Joel i. i word . . that came to J. the son of Pethuel
Acts 2. 16 this is that which was spoken by. .[J.]
JO-E -IAH, n^xj;v God is snatching. A son of Jeroham of Gedor who joined David in Ziklag.
i Ch.i2. 7 J. and Zebadiah, the sons of Jeroham of
JO-E -ZER, ijj;v Jah is help. A Korhite who joined David in Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 6 Azareel, and J., and Jashobeam, the K.
JOG-BE -HAH, nnar height.
A place in Gad, now called Kanuat.
Num3 2. 35 And Atroth, Shophan, and Jaazer, and J.
Judg. 8. 1 1 dwelt in tents on the east of Nobah and J.
JOG -LI, "pr exiled.
Father of Bukki and a prince of Dan, chosen to divide
the land W. of the Jordan. B.C. 1530.
Nuni34. 22 And the prince . . Bukki the son of J.
JO -HA, NPIV Jah is living.
1. A son of Beriah, grandson of Shaharaim, a Benjamite.
i Ch. 8. 16 Michael, and Ispah, and J... sons of Beriah
2. One of David s valiant men. B.C. 1048.
1 Ch.n. 45 son of Shimri, and J. his brother, the Ti.
JO-HA -NAN, Jjnv, Jah is gracious.
1. A son of Kareah or Careah, a captain of the Jews.
2 Ki.25. 23 T. the son of Careah, and Seraiah the son
Jer. 40. 8 J. and Jonathan the sons of Kareah, and
40. 13 J. the son of Kareah, and all the captains
40. 15 J. the son of Kareah spake to Gedaliahin
40. 16 the son of Ahikam said unto J. the son
41. ii, 13 J. the son of Kareah, and all the capt.
41. 14 returned, and went unto J. . .of Kareah
41. 15 son of Nethaniah escaped from J. with
41. 16 Then took J. the son of Kareah, and all
42. i J. the son of Kareah, and Jezaniah the
42. 8 Then called he J. the son of Kareah, and
43. 2 J. the son of Kareah, and all the proud
43. 4, 5 J. the son of Kareah, and all the capt.
2. The eldest son of Josiah, king of Judah. B.C. 610.
i Ch. 3. 15 the first born J., the second Jehoiakim
3. "A son of Elioenai. B.C. 445.
i Ch. 3. 24 and Akkub, and J., and Dalaiah, and A.
4. A grandson of Ahimaaz, father of Azariah, a Levite.
i Ch. 6. 9 Ahimaaz begat Azariah . . Azariah begat J.
6. 10 J. begat Azariah, he (it is) that executed
5. A valiant man that joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 4 Jahaziel. . J.,and JozabudtheGederathite
6. A Gadite that joined David at Ziklag. B.C. 1058.
i Ch.i2. 12 J. the eighth, Elzabad the ninth
7. An Ephraimite who opposed making slaves of the
captives of Judah, in Ahaz s time. B.C. 900. (Hub.
2Ch.28. 12 Azariah the son of J., Berecliiah the son
8. A returned exile, son of Hakkatun, in Artaxerxes
time. B.C. 457.
Ezra 8. 12 J. the son of Hakkatan, and with him an
9. A priest who, with Ezra, summoned the exiles to
Jerusalem. B.C. 458. (Hub. Jehohanan.)
Kzra m. 6 the chamber of J. the son of Eliashib
10. A son of Tobiah the Ammonite, and husband of
Meghullam s daughter. B.C. 445. (Heb. Jehohanan.)
Neh. 6. 18 J. had taken the daughter of Meshullam
11. A priest in the days of Joiakirn, the grandson of Jozadak.
Neh. 12. 22 days of Eliashib, Joiada, and J., and Ja.
12. 23 until the days of J. the son of Eliashib
JOHN , Icaavf/js.
1. The son of Zacharias and Elizabeth, who came as the
forerunner of the Messiah, and was beheaded by Herod,
tetrarch of Galilee. A.D. 28.
Matt. 3. i those days came J. the Baptist, preaching
3. 4 J. had his raiment of camel s hair, and a
3. 13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee. .untoJ.
3. 14 [J.] forbad him, saying, I have need to be
4. 12 had heard that J. was cast into prison
9. 14 Then came to him the disciples of J., say.
ii. 2 J. had heard in the prison the works of
ii. 4 show J. again those things which ye do
ii. 7 to say unto the multitudes concerning J.
ii. ii not risen a greater than J. the Baptist
ii. 12 from the days of J. the Baptist until now
ii. 13 prophets and the law prophesied until J.
ii. 18 J. came neither eating nor drinking, and
14. 2 This is J. the Baptist: he is risen from the
14. 3 Herod had laid hold on J., and bound him
14. 4 J. said unto him, It is not lawful for thce
14. 8 Give me here J. Baptist s head in a char.
14. 10 And he sent, and beheaded J. in the prison
16. 14 Some (say that thou art) J. the Baptist
17. 13 that he spake unto them of J. the Baptist
21. 25 The baptism of J., whence was it ? from
21. 26 fear, .people ; for all hold J.as a prophet
21. 32 J. came unto you in. .way of righteous-ness
Mark i. 4 J. did baptize in the wilderness, andpre.
i. 6 J. was clothed with camel s hair, and with
i. 9 came, .and was baptised of J. in Jordan
1. 14, after that J. was putin prison, Jesuscame
2. 18 the disciples of J. and of the Pharisees
2. 18 disciples of J and of the Pharisees fast
6. 14 J. the Baptist was risen from the dead
6. 16 It is [J.,] whom I beheaded : he is risen
6. 17 laid hold upon J., and bound him in prison
6. 18 J. had said unto Herod, It is not lawful
6. 20 Herod feared J., knowing that he was a
6. 24 And she said, The head of J. the Baptist
6. 25 in a charger the head of J. the Baptist
8. 28 they answered, J. the Baptist : but some
ii. 30 The baptism of J., was (it) from heaven
ii. 32 (men) counted J., that he was a prophet
Luke i. 13 a son, and thou shalt ca l his name J.
i. 60 and said, Not (so); but he shall be called J.
i. 63 saying, His name is J. And they marvelled
3. 2 the word of God came unto J. the son of
3. 15 men mused in their hearts of J., whether
3. 16 J. answered, saying unto (them) all, I in.
3. 20 this above all, that he shut up J. in prison
5. 33 Why do the disciples of J. fast often, and
7. 1 8 disciples of J. showed him of all these
7. 19 J. calling (unto him) two of his disciples
7. 20 J. Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying
7. 22 tell J. what things ye have seen and heard
7. 24 when the messengers of J.. .concerning J.
7. 28 not a greater prophet than J. the Baptist
7. 29 being baptized with the baptism of J.
7. 33 J. the Baptist came neither eating bread
9. 7 of some, that J. was risen from the dead
9. 9 J. have I beheaded : but who is this of
9. 19 They answering said, J. the Baptist ; but
ii. i to pray, as J. also taught his disciples
16. 16 The law and the prophets (were) until J.
20. 4 The baptism of J., wasit fromheaven, or
20. 6 they be persuaded that J. was a prophet
John i. 6 man sent from God, whose name (was) J.
i. 15 J. bare witness of him, and cried, saying
i. 19 this is the record of J., when the Jews
i. 26 J. answered them, saying, I baptize with
i. 28 beyond Jordan, where J. was baptizing
i. 29 [J.I seeth Jesus coming unto him, and
i. 32 J. bare record, saying, I saw the spirit
i. 35 day.after, J. stood, and two of his disciples
i. 40 One of the two which heard J. (speak)
i. 23 And J. also was baptizing in .Enon near
3. 24 For J. was not yet cast into prison
3. 25 a question between (some) of J. s disciple*
3. 26 they came unto J., and said unto him,R.
3. 27 J. answered and said, A man can receive
4. i made and baptized more disciples than J.
5. 33 Ye sent unto J., and he bare witness unto
5. 36 I have greater witness than (that) of J.
10. 40 into the place where J. at first baptized
10. 41 J. did no miracle : but all things that J.
Acts i. 5 J. truly baptized with water ; but ye shall
i. 22 Beginnins from the baptism of J., unto
JOIADA 548 JONAN
Acts 10 37 after the baptism which J. preached
ii i6J indeed baptized with water ; but ye
n 24 When J. had first preached before his
i* 25 as J fulfilled his course, he said, Whom
18 25 he spake, .knowing only the baptism of J.
iq - Unto what . . And they said, Unto J. s bap.
19. 4 J. verily baptized with the baptism of
2. A son of Zebedee and younger brother of James, and
the beloved disciple of Christ.
Matt 4 "i (the son) of Zebedee, and J. his brother
10. 2 James . . sou) of Zebedee, and J. his broth.
17 i Jesus taketh Peter, James, and J. his
Mark i. 19 the (son) of Zebedee, and J. his brother
i. 29 entered into the house . . with James and J.
-. 17 James, .and J. the brother of James; and
s. 37 follow him, save Peter, and James, and J.
9. 2 taketh (with him) Peter, and James, and J.
9. 38 J. answered him, saying, Master, we saw
10. 35 James and J., the sons of Zebedee, come
10. 41 began to be much displeased with. .J.
13. 3 James and J. and Andrew asked him pr.
14. 33 taketh with him Peter and James and J
Ixike 5. 10 also James and J., the sons of Zebedee
6. 14 Simon, .and. . James and J., Philip and B
8. 51 suffered no man to go in, save. .J. and J.
9. 28 after these sayings, he took Peter and J.
o. 49 J. answered and said, Master, we saw one
9. 54 when his disciples James and J. saw (this)
22. 8 he sent Peter and J., saying, Go and pre.
<i.cts 1.13 where abode both Peter and James, and J.
3. i Peter and J. went up together into the
3. 3 Who seeing Peter and J. about to go into
3. 4 Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with J.
3. ii the lame man which was healed held. . J.
4. 13 wheu they saw the boldness of Peter and J.
4 19 Peterand J. answered and said unto them
8. 14 when the apostles, .heard, .they sent. .J.
12. 2 killed James the brother of J. with the
Gal. 2. 9 when James, Cephas, and J. . .perceived
Rev. i. i he sent and signified . .unto his servant J.
i. 4 J. to the seven churches which are in A.
i. 9 I J. who also am your brother, and com.
21. 2 And I [J.] saw the holy city, new Jerusa.
22. 8 And I J. saw these things, and heard (them)
3 A kinsman of Annas the high priest.
Acts 4. 6 Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and J
I. A son of Mary, sister of Barnabas, and surnamed
.Mark, which see.
Acts 12. 12 the mother of J., whose surname was M.
12. 25 took with them J., whose surname was
13. 5 and they had also J. to (their) minister
13. 13 and J. departing from them returned to J.
15. 37 Barnabas determined to take with them J.
JO-IA -DA, yrr Jah knmvs.
A descendant of Jeshua the priest who returned with
Zerubbabel. B.C. 456. See Jehoiada.
Neh. 12. 10 also begat Eliashib, andEliashib begat J
12. ii And J. begat Jonathan, and Jonathan
12. 22 days of Eliashib, J., and Johanan, and
13. 28 (one)of the sons of J., the son of Eliashib
JO-IA -KIM, c p;v Jah sets up.
The son of Jeshua the priest who returned with Zerub
babel. B.C. 536.
Neh. 12. 10 And Jeshua begat J., J. also begat Elias.
12. 12 in the days of J. were priests, the chief
12. 26 These (were)in the daysof J. the son of J
JO-IA -BIB, T"!;
! Jah contends.
1. One whom Ezra sent to obtain ministers to return
with him to Jerusalem. B.C. 458.
Ezra 8. 16 for J., and for Elnathan, men of unders.
2. A descendant of Pharez whose family dwelt in Jeru
saleni. B.C. 457.
Neh. ii. 5 the son of Adaiah, the son of J., the son
3. A priest, father of Jedaiah. B.C. 445. See Jehoiarib
Neh. it. 10 Of the priests : Jedaiah the son of J., Jac
12. 6 Shemaiah, and J., Jedaiah.
12. 19 And of J., Mattenai ; of Jedaiah, Uzzi
1. To be united, -i;n chabar, 4 [V.L. im].
Eccl. 9. 4 to him that is joined to all the living
2.7V) sew or join together, Bin chut, 5.
Ezra 4. 12 have set up the walls, .and joined the
3. To be added, ]0; yasaph, 1.
Exod. 1. 10 they join also unto our enemies, and fight
4. To cause to touch, y?} naga, 5.
Isa. 5. 8 Woe unto them that join house to house
5. To briny near, mi3 qarab, 3.
Eze. 37. 17 join them one to another into one stick
JOIN (battle), to
1.7*0 spread out, t??j natash.
1 Sa. 4. 2 when they joined battle, Israel was sniit.
2.7*0 set in array, T3V arak.
Gen. 14. 8 they joined battle with them in the vale
JOIN hard to, to
7*o border with, ffwouopeoa s mmnore.6,
Acts 18. 7 whose house joined hard to the synagogue
JOIN fin* affinity, to
To join self in marriage, jnr; chathan, 7.
2 Ch.iS. i N ow Jehoshaphat . .joined affinity with
Ezra 9. 14 Should we . .join in affinity with the peo.
JOIN self, to
[.To join, beeome companion, i;rt chabar, 3.
2 Ch.2o. 36 he jomed himself with him to make ships
2. To join self to, 13? chabar, 7.
2 Ch.2o. 35 join himself with Ahaziah king of Israel
20. 37 Because thou IIP t joined thyself with A.
Dan. ii. o they shall join tneniselves together ; for
3. To be joined, .i]S lavah, 2.
Esth. 9. 27 all such as joined themselves unto them
Isa. 56. 3 that hath joined himself to the LORD, spe.
56. o that join themselves to the LOUD, to serve
Jer. 50. 5 Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD
4. To be coupled, yoked, ipy tsamad, 2.
Nuni25. 3 Israel joined himself unto Baal-peor: and
Psa.io6. 28 They joined themselves also unto Baal-p.
5. To cleave or join self to, Ko\\do/j.ai kollaomai.
Luke 15. 15 he went and joined himself to a citizen of
Acts 5. 13 of the -rest durst no man join himself to
8. 29 Go near, and join thyself to this chariot
9. 26 he assayed to join himself to the disciples
6.7*0 cleave or join self to, TrpocrKo\\do/jiai proskol.
Acts 5. 36 men, about four hundred, (joined thems.J
JOIN selves together, to
To join self to, become companion, ijn chabar, 7.
Dan. it. 6 they shall join themselves together; for
JOIN together, to
1. Tojoin together, stir up. Tj?p sakak, 3a.
Isa. 9. ii The LORD shall, .join his enemies together
2. To yoke together, n- j^evyvvca suzeujnuo.
Mattig. 6 What therefore God hath joined together
Mark 10. 9 What therefore God hath joiued together
JOIN together, to perfectly
7*o adjust perfect, or Jit thoroughly, Karaprifa.
i Co. 1. 10 ye be perfectly joined together in the same
JOINED, to be
1.7*0 cleave together, be adhering, pa? dabeq, 4.
Job 41.17 They are joined one to another, they stick
1. To join, be joined, ijn chabar.
Exod28. 7 the two shoulder pieces thereof joined at
Eze. i. 9 Their wings, .joined one to another ; they
i. ii two. .of everyone, .joined one to another
Hos. 4 17 Ephraim (is) joined to idols : let him alone
3. To be joined, i;n chabar, 4.
Eccl. 9. 4 For to him that is joined to all the living
4. To rejoice, be joined, become one, rm chadah.
Job 3. 6 let it not be joined unto the days of the
5. To be united, one, ~n; yachad.
Isa. 14 20 Thou shall not be joined with them in
6.7V) be joined, niV lavah, 2.
Gen. 29. 34 Now . . will my husband be joined unto me
NuniiS. 2 bring, .that they may be joined unto thee
1 8. 4 they shall be joined unto thee, and keep
Psa. 83. 8 Assur also is joined with them : they have
Isa. 14. i the strangers shall be joined with them
Zech. 2. ii many nations shall be joined to the LORD
7.7*0 be added, .1515 saphah, 2.
Isa. 13. 15 every one that is joined, .shall fall by the
8. To be coupled, yoked, toy tsamad, 2.
Nuni25. 5 his men that were joined unto Baal-peor
9. To be joined, bound to, ~*3 qatar.
Eze. 46. 22 courts joined of forty . . long, and thirty
10.7V) be, become, or draw near, 3~$ qarab.
i Ki. 20. 29 in the seventh day the battle was joined
11. 7*o be joined, orjoin self to, Ko\\dofj.ai kollaom.
1 Co. 6. 16 know ye not that he which is joined to an
6. 17 he that is joined unto the Lord is one
12.7*0 be joined, orjoin self to, irpotncoAAao/uai.
Eph. 5. 31 [shall be joined] unto his wife, and they
JOINED together, to be
1.7*0 cleave, adhere, P3? dabeq.
Job 41. 23 flakes of his flesh are joined together
2. To join, become companion, ijn chabar.
Gen. 14. 3 All these were joined together in the vale
3.7*0 be joined, 13? chabar, 4.
Exod28. 7 thereof ; and (so) it shall be joined toget.
4. 7*o be bound, joined, tpjj qashar, 2.
Neh. 4. 6 all the wall was joined together unto the
JOINED fitly together, to be
7*o lay systematically together, (rvt>ap/j.o\oyew.
Epii. 4. 16 whom the whole body fitly joined toge.
I. Cleaving, adhering, P3? dabeq.
2 Ch. 3. 12 joining to the wing of the other cherub
2.Couplings, jvnjiT? mechabberoth.
i Oh. 22. 3 prepared iron . .for the nails, .for the join.
1. A joining, coupling, P37 debeq.
1 Ki.22. 34 smote, .between the joints of the harness
2 Ch.iS. 33 smote, .between the joints of the harness
2. Rounding, p?an chammuq.
Song 7. i the joints of thy thighs (are) like jewels
3. A knot, joint, "iBp qetar.
Dan. 5. 6 so that the joints of his loins were loosed
4..4 joint, fitting loget/ier, a<(>7) haphe.
Eph. 4. 16 compacted by that which every joint sup.
Col. 2. 19 from which all the body by joints and b.t
5.A joint, fitting together, appos harmos.
Heb. 4. 12 dividing asunder, .of the joints and mar.
JOINT, out of
Disjointed, tottering, rnjMO \waaJ, partic. 4].
Prov 25.19 (like)a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint
JOINT, to be out of
1.7*0 be disjointed, alienated, yp; yaqa.
Gen. 32. 25 hollow of Jacob s thigh was out of joint
2.7V) separate self, become separated, Tip ^arae
Psa. 22. 14 all my bones are out of joint: my heart
One who is h ir loith (another), ffuyK\rtpov6fj.ot.
Rom. 8. 17 heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ
JOK-DE -AM, cjnp; anger of the people.
A city in the hill country of Judah.
Josh 15. 56 And Jezreel, and J., and Zanoah.
JO -KM, c% pv Jah sets up.
A descendant of Shelah, son of Judah. B C. 1200.
i Ch. 4. 22 And J., and the men of Ohozeba, and Jo.
JOK-ME -AM, D^ Cp; standing of the people.
A Levitical city of Ephraim, S.W. of Abel Meholah,
nearly opposite to the mouth of the Jabbok.
i Ch. 6. 63 J. with her suburbs, and Beth-horoii with
JOK-NE -AM. c;;;p; possession of the people
1. A Levitical city of Zebulun, in the W., near Mount
Josh. 12. 22 The king of Kedesh, one ; the king of J.
19. ii and reached to the river that (is)beforeJ.
21. 34 out of the tribe of Zebulun, J. with her
2. Should be Jokmnam in Ephraim (in i Ki. 4. 12), or
Kibzaim (in Josh. 21. 2).
i Ki. 4. 12 (even) unto (the place that is) beyond J.
JOK -SHAN, jyp; fowler.
A son of Abraham by Keturah, and father of Sheba and
Dedan. B.C. 1848.
Gen. 25. 2 she bare him Zimran, and J., and Medan
25. 3 J. begat Sheba and Dedan. And the sons
i Ch. i. 32 she bare Zimran, and J., and Medan
i. 32 And the sons of J. ; Sheba, and Dedan
JOK -TAN, jep; little.
A son of Eber, of the family of Shem. His sons were
Alinodad, Sheleph, Hazar-maveth, and Jerah. B.C. 2210.
Gen. 10. 25 divided ; and his brother s name (was) J.
10. 26 J. begat Almodad, and Sheleph and Haz.
10. 29 and Jobab : all these (were) the sons of J.
1 Ch. i. 19 Peleg. .and his brother s name (was) J.
i. 20 J. begat Almodad. .Sheleph, and Hazanu
i. 23 Havilah, and Jobab . .(were) the sons of J.
JOK-THE -EL, Vxpp; God s reward of victory.
1. A city in the W. of the plain of Judah.
Josh. 15. 38 AndDilean, and Mizpeh, and J.
2. A name given by Amaziah to Selah or Petra in Edom.
2 Ki. 14. 7 called the name of it J. unto this day
JO-NA -DAB, 2iji% a JJ iT Jah is liberal.
1. A son of Shimeah, David s brother. B.C. 1040.
2 Sa. 13. 3 J., the son of Shimeah, D s brother and J
13. 5 J. said unto him, Lay thee down on thy
13. 32 And J., the son of Shimeah, David s bro.
13. 35 J. said unto the king, Behold, the king s
2. The son of Rechab, whom Jehu took with him to
show him his zeal for the Lord. B.C. 884. See Jehonadab,
Jer. 35. 6 J. the son of Rechab onr father coniman.
35. 8 Thus have we obeyed the voice of J. the
35. 10 To all that J. our father commanded us
35. 14 The words of J. the son of Rechab, that
35. 16 the sons of J. the son of Rechab have
35. 18 obeyed the commandment of J. your fa.
35. 19 J. the son of Rechab shall not want a
JO -NAH, niv a dove.
The son of Amittai, of Gath-Hepher in Zebulun, in the
days of Jeroboam II. He was the first Hebrew prophet",
or missionary sent to a heathen nation. B.C. 825.
2 Ki. 14. 25 he spake by the hand of his servant J.
Jon. i. i word of the LORD came unto J. the son
i. 3 J. rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the
i. 5 J. was gone down into the sides of the
1. 7 they cast lots, and the lot fell upon J.
1. 15 they took up J., and cast him forth into
i! 17 a great fish to swallow up J. And J. was
2. i J. prayed unto the LORD his God out of
2. 10 and it vomited out J. upon the dry (laud)
3. i word of the LORD came unto J. the seco.
3 . 3 J. arose, and went unto Nineveh, accord.
3! 4 J. began to enter into the city a day s
4. i it displeased J. exceedingly, and he was
4. 5 J. went out of the city, and sat on the
4. 6 made (it)to come up over J., that it might
4. 6 So J. was exceeding glad of the gourd
4. 8 the sun beat upon the head of J., that he
4. 9 God said to J., Doest thou well to be an.
JO -NAN, luvdv, luvd/j..
An ancestor of Joseph the husband of Mary the mother
Luke 3. 30 Joseph, which was (the son) of [J.], which
JO -NAS, JO -NA, luvas,fromlleb. njv orfrom]W\
1. The Greek form of the Hebrew Jonah.
Matt 12. 39 given to it, but the sign of the prophet J.
2. 40 J. was three days and three nights in the
2. 41 because they repented at. .preaching of J.
2. 41 and, behold, a greater than J. (is) here
6. 4 no sign . . but the sign of the prophet J.
Luke i. 29 given it, but the sign of J. (the prophet)
i. 30 J. was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall
ii. 32 for they repented at the preaching of J.
n. 32 and, behold, a greater than J. (is) here
2. The father of Peter the apostle. In one passage he
is called Jona ; and in one, Peter is called Barjona (i.e.
" Son of Jona").
John i. 42 Thou art Simon the son of J.: thou shalt
21. 15, 16, ^Siinon, (son) of J., lovest thoume?
JO-NATH E-LEM RE-CHO-KIM, C pfn C^N njv.
Psa. 56. title. To the chief musician upon Jonath-el.
JO NA -THAN, fnjin;, jpjv Jah is given.
\. A Levite, son of Gershorn, and priest of an idol in
Mount Ephraim. B.C. 1406.
JudgiS. 30 J., the son of Gorshom, the son of Mana.
2. A son of king Saul, and friend of David. With his
father he fell in battle with the Philistines. B.C. 1056.
1 Sa. 13. 2 a thousand, .with J. in Gibeah of Benja.
13. 3 J. smote the garrison of the Philistines
13. 16 J. his son, and the people (that were) pr.
13. 22 with Saul and J. : but with Saul and. . J.
14. i J. the son of Saul said unto the young
14. 3 And the people knew not that J. wasgone
14. 4 passages, by which J. sought to go over
14. 6 J. said to the young man that bare his
14. 8 Then said J., Behold, we will pass over
14. 12 the men of the garrison answered J. and
14. 12 J. said unto his armour bearer, Come up
14. 13 J. climbed up upon his hands and upon
14. 13 they fell before J.; and his armour bearer
14. 14 that first slaughter, which J. and his arm.
14. 17 behold, J. and his armour bearer (were)
14. 21 the Israelites that(were) with Saul and J.
14. 27 But J. heard not when his father charged
14. 29 Then said J., My father hath troubled the
14. 39 though it be in J. my son, he shall surely
14. 40 I and J. my son will be on the other side
14. 41 Saul and J. were taken : but the people
14. 42 Oast (lots) between me and J. . .And J. was
14. 43 Saul said to J., Tell me what thou hast
14. 43 J. told him, and said, I did but taste a
14. 44 God do so. .for thon shalt surely die, J.
14 45 people said unto Saul, Shall J. die, who
14. 45 So the people rescued J., that he died not
14. 49 Now the sons of Saul were J., and Ishui
18. i the soul of J. . . and J. loved him as his own
18. 3 Then J. and David made a covenant, bee.
18. 4 J. stripped himself of the robe that (was)
19. t Saul spake to J. his son, and to all his ser.
19. 2 J., Saul s son, delighted much in D. : and J.
19. 4 J. spake good of David unto Saul hisfath.
19. 6 Saul hearkened unto the voice of J. : and
19. 7 J. called David, and J. showed him all
19. 7 J. brought David to Saul, and he was in
20. i David, .came and said before J., What
20. 3 Let not J. know this, lest he be grieved
20. 4 Then said J. unto David, Whatsoever thy
20. 5 David said unto J., Behold, to morrow(is)
20. 9 J. said, Far be it from thee : for if I knew
20. 10 Then said David to J., Who shall tell me?
20 n J. said unto David, Come, and let us go out
20. 12 J. said unto David, O LORD God of Israel
20. 13 The LORD do so and much more to J. : but
20. 16 So J. made (a covenant) with the house of
20. 17 J. caused David to swear again, because
20. 18 Then J. said to David, To morrow (is) the
20. 25 and J. arose, andAbner sat by Saul s side
20. 27 Saul said unto J. his son, Wherefore com.
20. 28 J. answered Saul, David earnestly asked
20. 30 Then Saul s anger was kindled against J.
20. 32 J. answered Saul his father, and said unto
20.33 <T - knew that it was determined, .to slay D.
20. 34 So J. arose from the table in fierce anger
20. 35 J. went out into the field at the time app.
20. 37 to the place of the arrow which -T. had
20. 37 J. cried after the lad, and said, (Is) not
20. 38 J. cried after the lad. .And J. slad gath.
20. 39 knew not any thing : only J. and David
20. 40 J. gave his artillery unto his lad, and said
20. 42 J. said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch
20. 42 he arose and departed : and J. went into
23. 16 J.,Saul s son, arose, and went to David into
23. 18 David abode in the wood, and J. went to
31. 2 Philistines slew J., and Abinadab, and M.
2 Sa. i. 4 and Saul and J. his son are dead also
i. 5 How knowest thou that Saul and J. his
i. 12 they mourned . .for Saul, and for J. his son
1. 17 David lamented, .over Saul and over J.
i. 22 From the blood of the slain. . the bow of J.
i. 23 Saul and J. (were) lovely and pleasant in
i. 25 O J., (thou wastyslain in thine high places
i. 26 I am distressed for thee, my brother J.
4. 4 J. . .had a son (that was) lame of (his) feet
4. 4 the tidings came of Saul and J. out of Jez.
9. i that I may show him kindness for J. s
9. 3 J. hath yet a son. (which is) lame on (his)
9. 6 Now when . . the son of J. . . was come unto
9. 7 I will surely show thee kindness for J. thy
31. 7 king spared Mephibosheth, the son of J.
21. 7 of the LORD S oath that (was) between.. J.
21. 12 David went and took, .the bones of J.
si. 13 brought up from thence, .the bones of J.
2 Sa. 21. 14 the bones of . . J. his son buried they in
1 Ch. 8. 33 Saul begat J.,and Malchi-shua, and Abin.
8. 34 the son of J. (was) Merib-baal ; and Mer.
9. 39 Saul begat J., and Malchi-shua, and Abi.
9. 40 the son of J. (was) Merib-baal : and Mer.
10. 2 Philistines slew J., and Abinadab, and M.
3. A son of Abiathar, a high priest in the time of David.
2 Sa. 15. 27 Ahirnaaz thy son, and J. the son of Abia.
15. 36 Behold, (they have) there. . J., Abiathar s
17. 17 Now J. and Ahimaaz stayed by En-rogel
17. 20 they said, Where (is) Ahimaaz and J.?
1 Ki. i. 42 behold, J. the son of Abiathar the priest
1. 43 J. answered and said to Adonijah, Verily
4. A son of Shimea, David s brother. B.C. 1050.
2 Sa. 21 21 J. the son of Shimeah, the brother of Da.
1 Ch.2o. 7 J. the son of Shimea, David s brother
5. One of David s valiant men and son of Jashen (or
Shage the Hararite). B.C. 1048.
2 Sa. 23. 32 Kliahba. .of the sons of Jashen, J.
i Ch.n. 34 sons of Hashem. .J. the son of Shage the
0. A son of Jada, grandson of Onam. B.C. 1400.
i Ch. 2. 32 the sons of Jada . . Jether, and J. : and Jet.
2. 33 And the sons of J. ; Peleth, and Zaza. These
7. An uncle of David. B.C. 1048.
1 Ch.27. 32 J., David s uncle, was a counsellor. a wise
8. The father of Ebed who returned with Ezra. B.C. 458.
Ezra 8. 6 the son of J., and with him fifty males
9. Son of Asahel, and employed in the matter of the
strange wives. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 15 J. the son of Asahel and Jahaziah the son
10. A descendant of Jeshua the high priest. B.C. 456.
Neh. 12. ii And Joiada begat J., and J. begat Jaddua
11. A priest descended from Melicu or Malluchi. B.C.
Neh. 12. 14 Of Melicu, J. ; of Shebaniah, Joseph
12. A priest descended from Shemaiah, in the days of
Joiakim. B.C. 445. In Neh. 12. 18 he is called Jehonathan.
Neh. 12. 35 the son of J. , the son of Shemaiah, the son
13. A scribe in whose house Jeremiah was imprisoned.
Jer. 37. 15 in prison in the house of J. the scribe
37. 20 cause me not to return to the house of J.
38.26 would not cause me to return to J. s house
14. A son of Kareah who went to Gedaliah the governor.
Jer. 40. 8 and Johanan and J. the sons of Kareah
JOP -PA, is;, Nis; IOTTTTJ height, beauty.
A seaport in Dan, 150 stadia from Antipatrls, six miles
W. of Rama, and thirty-seven miles N.W. of Jerusalem.
See Japho; and now called Jafa.
2 Ch. 2. 1 6 bring it to thee in floats by sea to J.
Ezra 3. 7 cedar trees from Lebanon to the sea of J.
Jon. i. 3 Jonah rose up to flee., and went down to J.
Acts o. 36 there was at J. a certain disciple named
9. 38 Lydda was nigh to J., and the disciples
9. 42 it was known throughout all J. ; and many
9. 43 he tarried many days in J. with one Simon
10. 5 now send men to J., and call for (one) S.
10. 8 when he had declared . .he sent them to J.
10. 23 certain brethren fromJ. accompanied him
10. 32 Send therefore to J. , and call hither Simon
11. 5 I was in the city of J. praying: and in a
ii. 13 Send men to J., and call for Simon, whose
JO -RAH, .TJV harvest-born.
One whose descendants returned with Zerubbabel from
exile. B.C. 536.
Ezra 2. 1 8 The children of J. an hundred and twelve
JO -RAI, nv.
A Gadite, head of a family. B.C. 1400.
1 Ch. 5. 13 Sheba, and J., and Jachan, and Zia. and
JO -RAM, D-jv, D-V, arnn] Jah is high, lupa./*.
1. A son of Toi, king of Zobah. B.C. 1040.
2 Sa. 8. 10 Toi sent J. his son unto king David, to
2 A son of Jehoshaphat. B.C. 893-885. Called also
2 Ki. 8. 21 J. went over to Zair, and all the chariots
8. 23 the acts of J., and all that he did, (are)
8. 24 J. slept with his fathers, and was buried
ii. 2 the daughter of king J., sister of Ahaziah
1 Ch. 3. ii J. his son, Ahaziah his son, Joash his son
Matt. i. 8 and Josaphat begat J.; and J. begat Ozias
3. A son of Ahab ; called also Jehoram (which see).
2 Ki. 8. 16 in the fifth year of J. the son of Ahab
8. 25 In the twelfth year of J. the son of Ahab
8. 28 he went with J. the son of Ahab to the
8. 28 against Hazael. .the Syrians wounded J.
8. 29 J. went back to be healed in Jezreel of
8. 29 to see J. the sou of Ahab in Jezreel
9. 14 son of Kimshi conspired against J.Now J
9. 15 J. was returned to be healed in Jezreel
9. 16 and went to Jezreel ; for J. lay there
9. 16 king of Judah was come down to see J.
9. 17 J. said Take an horseman, and send to
9.21.1 said, Make ready. And his chariot was
9. 21 And J. king of Israel and Ahaziah king of
9. 22 when J. saw Jehu, that he said, (Is it)
9. 23 J. turned his hands, and fled, and said to
9. 29 in the eleventh year of J. the son of Ahab
4. A descendant of Eliezer the son of Moses. B.C. 1000.
i Ch.26. 25 J. his son. . Zichri his son, and Shelomith
JOR -DAN, ni:n tlie Jordan, Iop5o/rjr.
The great river of Palestine, rising from two springs in
the valley between Lebanon and Hermon, coming forth
from a hollow S. of the city Dan-jnan. The upper
spring is the Hanbany, which rises in the fountain of
Furr, near Ilaxbeiya, twelve miles N. of Tell-el-kady.
After flowing three miles through the valley it enters a
dark defile of six or seven miles, after which it enters
into a marsh of ten miles, terminating in the Lake
Merom or Huleh. About twelve miles further S. it
enters the Sea of Galilee (fourteen miles long and seven
broad, and 653 feet below the level of the Mediter
ranean), and issuing from its S.E. end, flowing on with
ever increasing force till it falls into the Salt Sea, 1289
feet below the Mediterranean, and is lost in intense
evaporation. The whole length of the Jordan is only
120 miles in a direct line, but in its windings it is above
240 miles. N. of the Sea of Galilee it is called el-
Urdan, and S. of it to the Salt Sea, it is called Es-
Sahriat, i.e. "the ford." Israel crossed it, B.C. 1451,
and Elijah, B.C. 897-6.
Gen. 13. 10 beheld all the plain of J., that it (was) well
13. ii Lotchose him all the plain of J.; and Lot
32. 10 with my staff I passed over this J., and
50. 10 threshing floor of Atad. .(is) beyond J.
50. ii called Abel-mizraim, which (is) beyond J. Num 13. 29 dwell by the sea, and by the coast of J.
22. i plains of Moab on this side J. (by) Jericho
26. 3, 63 in the plains of Moab by J. (near) Je.
31. 12 plains of Moab, which (are) by J. (near) J.
32. 5 if we have . . grace . . bring us not over J.
32. 19 not inherit with them on yonder side J.
32. 19 is fallen to us on this side J. eastward
32. 21 will go all of you armed over J. before
32. 29 children of Reuben . . pass with you over J.
32. 32 inheritance on this side J. (may be) ours
33. 48,501116 plains of Moab, by J. (near) Jericho
33. 49 they pitched by J., from Beth-jesimoth
33. 51 passed over J. into the land of Canaan
34. 12 And the border shall go down to J., and
34. 15 ou this side J. (near) Jericho eastward
35. i in the plains of Moab by J. (near) Jericht
35. 10 be come over J. into the land of Canaan
35. 14 Ye shall give three cities on this side J.
36. 13 in the plains of Moab by J. (near) Jericho
Deut. i. i spake, .on this side J. in the wilderness
1. 5 On this side J., in the land of Moab
2. 29 I shall pass over J., into the land which
3. 8 took, .the land that (was) on this side J.
3. 17 J., and the coast (thereof), from Chinner.
3. 20 LORD your God hath given them beyond J
3. 25 see the good land that (is) beyond J., that
3. 27 for thou shalt not go over this J.
4. 21 sware that I should not go over J., and
4. 22 I must not go over J.: but ye shall go over
4. 26 land whereunto ye go over J. to possess it
4.41 Moses severed three cities on this side J.
4. 46 On this side J., in the valley over against
4 47 the Amorites, which (were) on this side J.
4. 49 the plain on this side J. eastward, even
9. i Thou (art) to pass over J. this day, to go
ii. 30 (Are) they not on the other side J., by the
1 1. 31 ye shall pass over J. to go in to possess
12. 10 (when) ye go over J., and dwell in the land
27. 2 ye shall pass over J. unto the land which
27. 4 it shall be when ye be gone over J., (that)
27. 12 bless the people, when ye are come over J.
30. 18 thou passest over J. to go to possess it
31. 2 unto me, Thou shalt not go over this J.
31. 13 land whither ye go over J. to possess it
32. 47 land whither ye go over J. to possess it
Josh. i. 2 go over this J., thou, and all this1 people
i. ii ye shall pass over this J., to go in to
i. 14 land which Moses gave you on this side J.
1. 15 gave you on this side J. toward the sun
2. 7 pursued after them the way to J. unto the
2. 10 Amorites, that (were) on the other side J.
3. i and came to J., he and all the children of
3. 8 the water of J., ye shall stand still in J.
3. ii the ark. .passeth over before you into J.
3. 13 in the waters of J., (that) the waters of J.
3. 14 removed from their tents, to pass over J.
3. 15 they that bare the ark were come unto J.
3. 15 J. overfloweth all his banks all the time
3. 17 stood firm on. .ground in the midst of J.
3. 17 all the people were passed clean over .1.
4. i all the people were clean passed over J.
4. 3 Take you hence out of the midst of J., out
4. 5 Pass, .before the ark. .into the midst of J.
4. 7 the waters of J. were cut oft before the
4. 7 when it passed over J., the waters of J.
4. 8 took . . twelve stones out of the midst of J.
4. 9 set up twelve stones in the midst of J.
4. 10 For the priests . . stood in the midst of J.
4. 16 Command . . that they come up out of J.
4. 17 commanded, .saying, Come ye up out of J.
4. 1 8 priests, .were come. . out of the midst of J.
4. 1 8 the waters of J. returned into their place
4. 19 the people came up out of J. on the tenth
4. 20 twelve stones, which they took out of J.
4. 22 Israel came over this J. on dry land
4. 23 dried up the waters of J. from before you
5. i which (were) on the side of J. westward
5. i the LORD had dried up the waters of J.
7. 7 wherefore, .brought this people over J.
7. 7 content and dwelt on the other side J. !
9. i the kings which (were) on this side J., in
9. 10 kings of. . Amorites, that (were) beyond J.
12. i other side J. toward the rising of the sun
JOBIM 550 JOSEPH
Joshi2. 7 Israel smote on this side .T. on the west
13. 8 which Moses gave them, beyond J. east.
13. 23 border of the children of Reuben was J.
13. 27 J. and (his) border, (even) unto the edge
13. 27Chinnerethontheother side J. eastward
13. 32 on the other side J., by Jericho, eastward
14. 3 an half tribe on the other side J.: but
15. 5 (was) the salt sea, (even) unto the end of J.
15. 5 of the sea at the uttermost part of J.
16. i lot of the children of Joseph fell from .1.
16. 7 and came to Jericho, and went out at J.
17. 5 Gilead and Kashan . on the otherside J.
1 8. 7 their inheritance beyond J. on the east
18. 12 their border on the north side was from J.
18. 19 of the salt sea at the south end of J.
18. 20 J. was the border of it on the east side
19. 22 the outgoings of their border were at J.
19. 33 and the outgoings thereof were at J.
19. 34 to Judah upon J. toward the gunrising
20. 8 the other side J. by Jericho eastward, they
22. 4 which Moses, .gave you on the other side J.
22. 7 their brethren on this side .1. westward
22. 10 they came unto the borders of J., that (are)
22. 10 built there an altar by J., a great altar
22. ii in the borders of J., at the passage of
22. 25 the LORD hath made J. a border between
23. 4 from J., with all the nations that I have
24. 8 Amorites, which dwelt on the other side J.
24. ii ye went over J., and came unto Jericho
Judg. 3.28 and took the fords of J. toward Moab, and
5. 17 Gilead abode beyond J.: and why did Dan
7. 24 take, .the waters unto Beth-barah and J.
7. 24 and took the waters unto Beth-barah andJ.
7. 25 brought, .to Gideon on the other side J.
8. 4 Gideon came to J., (and) passed over, he
10. 8 of Israel that (were) on the other side J .
10. 9 passed over J. to fight also against Judah
11. 13 from Arnon even unto Jabbok, and unto J.
11. 22 and from the wilderness even unto J.
12. 5 the Gileadites took the passages of J.
12. 6 took . .and slew him at the passages of J.
1 Sa. 13. 7 (some of) the Hebrews went over J. to the
31. 7 (they) that (were) on the otherside J., saw
2 Sa. 2. 29 passed over J., and wentthrough. .Bith.
TO. 17 he. .passed over J., and came to Helam
17.22 Then David arose . . and they passed over J.
17. 22 not one ofthem that was not gone over J.
17. 24 Absalom passed over J., he and all the
19. 15 kin.^ returned, an l came to J. And Jud.
19. 15 meet the king, to conduct the king over J.
19. 17 and they went over J. before the king
19. 18 Shimei . . fell down . . as he was come over J.
19. 31 J. with the king, to conduct him over J.
19. 36 will go a little way over J. with the king
19. 39 the people went over J. And when the
19.41 brought. .David s men with him, over J.
20. 2 unto their king, from J. even to Jerusalem
24. 5 they passed over J., and pitched in Aroer
1 Ki. 2. 8 he came down to meet me at J., and I
7. 46 In the plain of J. did the king cast them
17. 3,5 by the brook Cherith, that (is) before J .
2 Ki. 2. 6 Tarry, .for the LORD hath sent me to J.
2. 7 to view afar off : and they two stood by J.
2. 13 and went back, and stood by the bank of J.
5. 10 wash in J. seven times, and thy flesh shall
5. 14 dipped himself seven times in J., accord.
6. 2 Let usgo, we pray thee, unto J., and take
6. 4 when they came to J., they c" - down wo.
7. 15 they went after them unto J.-, r.i.d, lo, all
10. 33 From J. eastward, all the land of Gilead
1 Ch. 6. 78 side J. by Jericho, on the east side of J.
12. 15 These (are) they that went over J. in the
12. 37 on the other side of J., of the Reubenites
19. 17 passed over J., and came upon them, and
26. 30 (were) officers, .on this side J. westward
2 Ch. 4. 17 In the plain of J. did the king cast them
Job 40. 23 that he can draw up J. into his mouth
Psa. 42. 6 will I remember thee from the land of J.
114. 3 The sea saw (it), and fled : J. was driven
114. 5 thou J., (that) thou wast driven back?
isa. 9. i sea, beyond J., in Galilee of the nations
Jer. 12. 5 how wilt thou do in the swelling of J.?
49. 19 come, .like a lion from the swelling of J.
50. 44 come, .like a lion from the swelling of J.
Eze. 47. 1 8 from the land of Israel (by) J., from the
Zech.n. 3 a voice, .for the pride of .1. is spoiled
Matt. 3. 5 Judea, and all the region round about J.
3. 6 were baptized of him in J., confessing
3. 13 cometh Jesus from Galilee to J. unto Jolni
4. 15 the sea, beyond J., Galilee of the Gentiles
4. 25 Jer., and (from) Judea. .(from) beyond J
19. i came into the coasts of Judea beyond J.
Mark i. 5 were all baptized of him in the river of.I
i. 9 Jesuscame. .and was bapti. -of John in J.
3. 8 Jerusalem,and.. Idumea..(from) beyond J.
10. i coasts of Judea by the farther side of J.
Luke 3. 3 And he came into all the country about J .
4. i returned from J., and was led by the
John i. 28 These, .were done in Bethabara beyond J.
3. 26 he that was with thee beyond J., to v/hom
10. 40 went away again beyond J., into the place
JO -RIM, Iwpfifrfromlffb. rv.T, D-jr.
An ancestor of Jesus through Mary.
Luke 3. 29 J., which was (the son) of Matthat, which
JOR-KO -AJt, cj, |Tv spreading the. people.
A son of Kaham, a descendant of Hebron through Caleb
the spy ; or a city in Judah. i Ch. 2. 44.
JOSABAD. .SVt- JOZABAD.
JO-8A -PHAT, luaafydr. See JehnsJiaphat.
Matt. i. 8 Asa begat J.; and J. begat Joram ; and
JO -SE, Ia><7-7Js, from Ifeb. n?r.
An ancestor of Jesus through Mary.
Luke 3. 29 Which was(the son) of [J.,] which was (the)
JO-SE -DECH, P^i.T Jah is righteous.
The father of Jeshua the priest who helped to rebuild
the altnr and the temple. B.C. 588. He is also called
Jozadak in Ezra 3. 2, 8 ; 5. 2 ; 10. 18 ; and Neh. 12. 26.
Hng. i. i to Joshua the son of J. the high priest
i. 12 the son of J., the high priest, with all
1. 14 the spirit of Joshua the son of J., the
2. 2 Joshua the son of J., the high priest, and
2. 4 be strong, (> Joshua, son of J. . .nighpriMt
Zech. 6. ii upon the head of Joshua t.he son of J.
JO -SEPH, p
,cv increaser, lua"fi<t>.
1. The eleventh son of Jacob and first of Rachel. B.C.
Gen. 30. 24 she called his name J.; and said, The L.
30. 25 when Rachel had born J., that Jacob
33. 2 children after, and Rachel and J. hind.
33. 7 after came J. near and Rachel, and they
35. 24 The sous of Rachel ; J. and Benjamin
37. 2 J., (being) seventeen years old, was feed.
37. 2 and J. brought unto his father their evil
37. 3 Israel loved J. more than all his children
37. 5 J. dreamed a dream, and he told (it) his
37. 13 Israel said unto J., Do not thy brethren
37. 17 J. went afterhis brethren, and found them
37. 23 when J. was come unto his brethren, that
37. 23 they stripped J. out of his coat, (his) coa
37. 28 lifted up J. out of the pit, and sold J. to
37. 28 and they brought J. into Egypt
37. 29 J. (was) not in the pit ; and he rent his
37. 31 they took J. s coat, and killed a kid of
37. 33 said . . J. is without doubt rent in pieces
39. i J. was brought down to Egypt ; and Poti.
39. 2 LORD was with J., and he was a prosperous
39. 4 J. found grace in bis sight, and he served
39. 5 blessed the Egyptian s house for J. s sake
39. 6 he left all that he had in J. s hand ; and
39. 6 J. was (a) goodly (person), and well favo.
39. 7 his master s wife cast her eyes upon J.
39. 10 as she spake to J. day by day, that he
39. 20 J. s master took him, and put him into
39. 21 the LORD was with J., and showed him
39. 22 the keeper of the prison committed to J. s
40. 3 the prison, the place where J. (was) bou.
40. 4 captain of the guard charged J. with them
40. 6 J. came in unto them in the morning, and
40. 8 J. said unto them, (Do) not interpretations
40. 9 the chief butler told his dream to J., and
40. 12 J. said unto him, This (is) the interpreta.
40. 16 he said unto J., I also (was) in my dream
40. 18 J. answered . .This (is) the interpretation
40. 22 he hanged . . as J. had interpreted to them
40. 23 Yet did not the chief butler remember J.
41. 14 Then Pharaoh sent and called J.,and they
41.15 And Pharaoh said unto J., I have dreamed
41. 16 J. answered Pharaoh, saying, (It is) not
41. 17 Pharaoh said unto J., In mydream,!behold
41. 25 J. said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pha.
41. 39 Pharaoh said unto J., Forasmuch as God
41.41 Pharaoh said unto J., See, I have set thee
41. 42 ring from his hand, and put it upon J. s
41. 44 And Pharaoh said unto J., I (am) Pharaoh
41. 45 Pharaoh called J. s name Zaphnath-paan.
41. 45 And J. went out over (all) the land of Eg.
41. 46 J. (was) thirty years old when he stood
41. 46 J. went out from the presence of Pharaoh
41. 49 J. gathered corn as the sand of the sea
41. 50 And unto J. were born two sons before
41.51 And J. called the name of the first born
41. 54 began to come, according as J. had said
41. 55 said . .Go unto J. ; what he saith to you
41. 56 J. opened all the storehouses, and sold
41. 57 came into Egypt to J. for to buy (corn)
42. 3 J. s ten brethren went down to buy corn
42. 4 J. s brother, Jacob sent not with his
42. 6 J. (was) the governor over the land, (and)
42. 6 J. s brethren came, and bowed down
42. 7 .J. saw his brethren, and he knew them
42. 8 J. knew his brethren, but they knew not
42. 9 J. remembered the dreams which he dre.
42. 14 J. said unto them, That (is it) that I spa.
42. 1 8 J. said unto them the third day, This do
42. 23 they knew not that J. understood (them)
42. 25 J. comniandedjto fill their sacks with corn
42. 36 J. (is) not, and Simeon (is) not, and ye
43. 15 went down to Egypt, and stood before J.
43. 16 when J. saw Benjamin with them, he said
43. 17 And the man did as J. bade ; and
43. 17, 24 the man brought the men into J. s h.
43. 1 8 they were brought into J. s house ; and
43. 19 came near to the steward of J. s house
43. 25 they made ready the present against J.
43. 26 when J. came home, they brought him
43. 30 J. made haste ; for his bowels did yearn
44. 2 according to the word that J. had spoken
44. 4 J. said unto his steward, T p, follow after
44. 14 Judah and his brethren came to J. s house
44. 15 J. said unto them, What deed (is) this
45. i J. could not refrain himself before all
45. i J. made himself known unto his brethren
45. 3 J. said unto his brethren, I (am) J. : doth
45. 4 J. said unto his brethren, Come near to
45. 4 I (am) J. your brother, whom ye sold
45. 9 Thus saith thy son J., God hath made me
45. 16 was heard . . saying, J. d brethren are come
45- 7 Pharaoh said unto J.. Say unto thy breth.
Gen. 45. 21 and J. gave them wagons, accocding to
45. 26 J. (is) yet alive, and he (is)governor over
45. 27 they told him all the words of J., which
45. 27 the wagons which J. had sent to carry
45. 28 J. my son (is) yet alive : I will go and see
46. 4 and J. shall put his hand upon thine eyes
46. 19 sons of Rachel, Jacob s wife; J., and Benj.
46. 20 And unto J. in the land of Egypt were
46. 27 sons of J., which were l>orn him in Egypt
46. 28 he sent Judith before him unto J., to dir.
46. 29 J. made . eady his chariot, and went up
46. 30 Israel said unto J., Now let me die, since
46. 31 J. said unto his brethren, and unto his
47. i J. came and told Pharaoh, and said, My
47. 5 Pharaoh spake unto J., saying, Thy father
47. 7 J. brought in Jacob his father, and set
47. ii J. placed his father and his brethren, and
47. 12 J. nourished his father, and his brethren
47. 14 J. gathered up all the money that was
47. 14 J. brought the money into Pharaoh s ho.
47. 15 the Egyptians came unto J., and said, G.
47. 16 J. said, Give your cattle ; and I will give
47. 17 they brought their cuttle unto J. : and J.
47. 20 J. bought all the land of Egypt for Phar.
47. 23 Then J. said unto the people, Behold, I
47. 26 J. made it a law over the land of Egypt
47. 29 he called his son J., and said unto him
48. i (one) told J., Behold, thy father (is) sick
48. 2 thy son J. cometh unto thee : and Israel
48. 3 Jacob said unto J., God Almighty appea.
48. 8 Israel beheld J. s sons, and said, Who
48. 9 J. said unto his father, They (are) my sons
48. ii Israel said unto J., I had not thought to
48. 12 J. brought them out from between his
48. 13 J. took them both, Ephraim in his right
48. 15 he blessed J., and said, <; oil, before whom
48. 17 J. saw that his father laid his right
48. 18 J. said unto his father, Not so, myfather
48. 21 Israel said unto J., Behold, I die ; but
49. 22 J. (is) a fruitful bough, (even) a fruitful
49. 26 they shall be on the head of J., and on
50. i J. fell upon his father s face, and wept
50. 2 J. commanded his servants the physicians
50. 4 J. spake unto the house of Pharaoh, saying
50. 7 J. went up to bury his father : and with
50. 8 the house of J., and his brethren, and his
50. 14 J. returned into Egypt, he, and his bret.
50. 15 J. s brethren saw that their father was
50. 15 said, J. will peradventure hate us, and
50. 16 they sent a messenger unto J., saying
50. 17 So shall ye say unto J., Forgive, I pray
50. 17 And J. wept when they spake unto him
50. 19 .1. said unto them, Fear not ; for (am) I
50. 22 J. dwelt in Egypt, .and J. lived an hund.
50. 23 J. saw Ephraim s children of the third
50. 23 children, .were brought up upon J. s kn.
50. 24 J. said unto his brethren, I die : and God
50. 25 J. took an oath of the children of Israel
50. 26 So J. died, (being) an hundred and ten y.
Exod. i. 5 seventy souls : for J. was in Egypt (alre.)
i. 6 J. died, and all his brethren, and all that
i. 8 arose up a new king, .which knew not J.
13. 19 Moses took the bones of J. with him : for
Num. i. 10 the children of J.: of Ephraim ; Elishama
i. 32 the children of J. .(namely), of the children
13. ii Of the tribe of J., (namely), of the tribe of
26. 28 The sons of J. after their families (were)
26. 37 (are) the sons of J. after their families
27. i of the families of Manasseh the son of J.
32. 33 half the tribe of Manasseh the son of J.
34. 23 The prince of the children of J. . .Hanniel
36. i fathers . . of the families of the sons of J.
36. 5 The tribe of the sons of J. hath said well
36. 12 families of the sons of Manasseh. .sonof J.
Deut27- 12 Judah, and Issachai, and J., and Benja.
33. 13 of J. he said, Blessed of the LORD (be) his
33. 16 let (the blessing) come upon the head of J.
Josh. 14. 4 children of J. were two tribes, Manasseh
16. i the lot of the children of J. fell from
16. 4 the children of J., Manasseh and Ephraim
17. i he (was) the first born of J. ; (to wit,) for
17. 2 male children of Manasseh the son of J.
17. 14 the children of J. spake unto Joshua, say.
17. 16 the children of J. said, The hill is not
17. 17 Joshua spttke unto the house of J., (even)
18. 5 house of J. shall abide in their coasts
18. ii children of Judah and the children of J.
24. 32 bones of J., which the children of Israel
24. 32 the inheritance of the children of J.
Judg. i. 22 the house of J., they also went up against
i. 23 the house of J. sent to descry Beth-el
i. 35 the hand of the house of J. prevailbd, so
2 Sa. 19. 20 the first this day of all the house of J.
i Ki. ii. 28 over all the charge of the house of J.
i Ch. 2. 2 J., and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and A.
5. i birthright was given ur x> the sons of J.
5. 2 Jud. prevailed, .but. .birthright (was) J. s
7. 29 the children of J. the son of Israel
Psa. 77. 15 thy people, the sons of Jacob and J.
78. 67 he refused the tabernacle of J., and chose
80. i thou that leadest J. like a flock; thou
81. 5 This he ordained in J. (for) a testimony
105. 17 He sent a man before them, (even) J.
Eze. 37. 16 For J., the stick of Ephraim, and (for) all
37. 19 I will take the stick of J., which (is) in
47. 13 saith the Lord . . J. (shall have two^ port.
48. 32 one gate of J., one gate of Benjamin, one
Amos 5. 6 he break out like fire in the house of J.
5. 15 will be gracious unto the remnant of J.
6. 6 are not grieved for the affliction of J.
Obad. 18; Zech. 10. 6; Jo. 4. 5; Acts 7. 9, 13, 13,
14, 18; Heb. n. 21, 22; Rev. 7. 8.
Z. The descendants of Joseph son of Jacob.
Deut33. 13 of J. he said, Blessed of the LORD (be) his
3. The father of Igal of Issachar, one of the spies sent
by Moses into Canaan. 8.0.1490.
Numi3. 7 the tribe of Issachar, Igal the son of J.
4. A son of Asaph. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.25. 2 J., and Nethaniah, and Asarelah, the sons
25. 9 the first lot came forth for Asaph to J.
6. A man of the family of Bani who had taken a strange
wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 42 Shallum, Amariah, (and) J.
6. A priest of the family of Shebaniah, in the time of
Joiakim. B.C. 530.
Neh.,1-2. 14 Of Melicu, Jonathan; of Shebaniah, J.
7. The husband of Mary the mother of Jesus.
Matt. i. 16 Jacob begat J. the husband of Mary, of
i. 1 8 Mary was espoused to J., before they came
i. 19 J. her husband, being a just (man), and
i. 20 J., thou son of David, fear not to take unto
1. 24 J., being raised from sleep, did as the an.
2. 13, 19 the angel .. appeareth to J. in a dream
Luke i. 27 espoused to a man whose name was J.
2. 4 J. also went up from Galilee, out of the
2. 16 found Mary and J., and the babe lying
2. 33 And [J.] and his mother marvelled at
2. 43 [and J. and his mother knew not (of it)]
3. 23 being as was supposed the son of J.
4. 22 And they said, Is not this J. s son?
John i. 45 found . .Jesus of Nazareth the son of J.
6. 42 Is not this Jesus, the son of J., whose
8. A Jew of Arimathea, a disciple of Jesus, in whose
sepulchre the body of Jesus was laid.
Matt 27. 57 there came a rich man of Arimathea. . J.
27. 59 when J. had taken the body, he wrapped
Markis. 43 J. of Arimathea, an honourable 15.45
Luke23. 50 (there was) a man named J., a counsellor
Johnig. 38 J. of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus
9. Ancestor of Joseph the husband of Mary.
Luke 3. 24 (the son) of Janna. .was (the son) of J.
10. Another progenitor of Joseph in the same line.
Luke 3. 26 Semei, which was (the son) of J., which
11. A third and more remote ancestor of Joseph the
husband of Mary.
Luke 3. 30 Juda, which was (the son) of J., which
12. A disciple nominated with Matthias to take the
place of Judas Iscariot among the apostles.
Acts i. 23 J. called Barsabas, who was surnamed
JO -SES, IOXTTJS.
1. One of the brethren of Jesus.
Matti3. 55 brethren, James, and J., and Simon. .Ju.?
Mark 6. 3 of James, and J., and of Juda, and Sim.?
2. The son of Mary, probably the same as No. i.
Matt 27. 56 the mother of James and J., and the mo.
Markis. 40 the mother of James the less and of J.
15. 47 (the mother) of J. beheld where he was
3. A Levite of Cyprus, Barnabas, a companion of Paul.
Acts 4. 36 [J.]. .by the apostles was surnamed Bar.
JO -SHAH, nyv Jah is a gift.
A descendant of Simeon. B.C. 800.
i Ch. 4. 34 and Jamlech, and J. the son of Amaziah
JO-SHA -PHAT, BE^V Jah judges.
One of David s valiant men. B.C. 1048.
i Ch.n. 43 the son of \Iaachah, and J. the Mithnite
JO-SHAV-I AH, n;ytfi Jah is equality.
One of David s valiant men. B.C. 1048.
i Ch.u. 46 Jeribai and J., the sons of Elnaam, and
JOSH-BE-KA -SHAH, nyvyy*r seated in hardness.
A son of Heman, David s leader of song. B.C. 1015.
i Ch.25. 4 an(l Romamti-ezer, J., Mallothi, Hothir
25. 24 The seventeenth to J., (he), his sons, and
JO-SHTJ -A, JE-HO-SHTJ -A, I^iiT, jwirr Jah saves.
1. The son of Nun and minister and successor of Moses.
He led Israel over the Jordan and conquered most of
the land and gave inheritance in it to the tribes of
Israel. He died aged no years and was buried in
Timnath-Serah in Mount Ephraim, B.C. 1427. See also
Jehoshuah and Oshea.
Exodi7. 9 Moses said unto J., Choose us out men
17. 10 J. did as Moses had said to him, and fou.
17. 13 J. discomfited Amalek and his people
17. 14 Write, .and rehearse (it) in the ears of J.
24. 13 And Moses rose up, and his minister J.
32. 17 J. heard the noise of -the people as they
33. ii his servant J., the son of Nun, a young
Num ii. 28 J. the son of Nun, the servant of Moses
13. 16 And Moses called Oshea the son of N., J.
14. 6 J. the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of
14. 30 son of Jephunneh, and J. the son of Nun
14. 38 J. the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of
26. 65 son of Jephunneh, and J. the son of Nun
27. 18 Take thee J. the son of Nun, a man in
27. 22 took J., and set him before Eleazar the
32. 12 son of Jephunneh. .and J. the son of Nun
32. 28 J. the son of Nun, and the chief fathers
34. 17 Eleazar the priest, and J. the son of Nun
Deut. i. 38 J. the son of Nun, which standeth before
3. 21 I commanded J. at that time, saying, Th.
3. 28 charge J., and encourage him, and stren.
31. 3 J., he shall go over before thee, as the
31. 7 Moses called unto J., and said unto him
31.14 call J., and present yourselves in the tab.
Deut3i. 14 Moses and J. went, and presented them.
31. 23 he gave J. the son of Nun a charge, and
34. 9 J. the son of Nun was full of the spirit
Josh. i. i that the LORD spake unto J. the son of
t. 10 J. commanded the officers of the people
1. 12 to half the tribe of Manasseh, spake J.
1. 16 And they answered J., saying, All that
2. i J. the son of Nun sent;outof Shittim two
2. 23 came to J. the son of Nun, and told him
2. 24 they said unto J., Truly the LORD hath
3. i J. rose up early in the morning ; and they
3. 5 J. said unto the people, Sanctify yourse.
3. 6 J. spake unto the priests, saying, Take up
3. 7 LORD said unto J., This day will I begin
3. 9 J. said unto the children of Israel, Come
3. 10 And J. said, Hereby ye shall know that
4. i that the LORD spake unto J., saying
4. 4 Then J. called tne twelve men, whom he
4. 5 J. said unto them, I ass over before the
4. 8 Children of Israel did so as J. commanded
4. 8 twelve stones . . as the LORD spake unto J.
4. 9 J. set up twelve stones in the midst of
4. 10 LORD commanded J. to speak unto the
4. 10 according to all that Moses commanded J.
4. 14 magnified J. in the sight of all Israel
4. 15 And the LORD spake unto J., saying
4. 17 J. therefore commanded the priests, say.
4. jo those twelve stones, .did J. pitch in Gil.
5. 2 the LORD said unto J., Make thee sharp
5. 3 J. made him sharp knives, and circumci.
5. 4 this (is) the cause why J. did circumcise
5. 7 their children. .J. circumcised : for they
5. 9 And the LORD said unto J ., This day have
5. 13 when J. was by Jericho, that he lifted up
5. 13 J. went unto him, and said unto him, (Art)
5. 14 J. fell on his face to the earth, and did
i 5. 15 captain of the LORD S host said unto J.
5. 15 Loose thy shoe from off. .And J. did so
6. 2 the LORD said unto J., See, I have given
6. 6 J. the son of Nun called the priests, and
6. 8 when J. had spoken unto the people, that
6. 10 J. had commanded the people, saying, Ye
6. 12 And J. rose up early in the morning, and
6. 16 J. said unto the people, Shout; for the L.
6. 22 But J. had said unto the two men that had
6. 25 J. saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her
6. 25 messengers which J. sent to spy. .Jericho
6. 26 J. adjured (them) at that time, saying, C.
6. 27 LORD was with J. ; and his famewas(no.)
7. 2 J. sent men from Jericho to Ai, which (is)
7. 3 they returned to J., and said unto him
7. 6 J. rent his clothes, and fell to the earth
7. 7 J. said, Alas, O Lord GOD, wherefore hast
7. 10 the LORD said unto J., Get thee up ; whe.
7. 16 J. rose up early in the morning, and bro.
7. 19 J. said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray
7. 20 Achan answered J., and said, Indeed I
7. 22 J. sent messengers, and they ran unto the
7. 23 brought them unto J., and unto all the
7. 24 J., and all Israel with him, took Achan
7. 25 J. said, Whyhast thou troubled us? the L.
8. i the LORD said unto J., Fear not, neither
8. 3 J. arose, and all the people of war, to go
8. 3 J. chose out thirty thousand mighty men
8. g J. therefore sent them forth : and they
8. 9 but J. lodged that night among the people
8. 10 J. rose up early in the morning, and num.
8. 13 J. went that night into the midst of the
8. 15 J. and all Israel made as if they were
8. 16 pursued after J., and were drawn away
8. 1 8 the LORD said unto J., Stretch out the
8. 1 8 J. stretched out the spear that (he had)
8. 21 J. and all Israel saw that the ambush had
8. 23 king, .took alive, and brought him to J.
8. 26 J. drew not his hand back, wherewith he
8. 27 word of the LORD which he commanded J.
8. 28 J. burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever
8. 29 J. commanded that they should take his
8. 30 J. built an altar unto the LORD God of
8. 35 J. read not before all the congregation
9. 2 to fight with J. and with Israel, with one
9. 3 the inhabitants of Gibeon heard what J.
9. 6 they went to J. unto the camp at Gilgal
9. 8 said unto J. , We (are) thy servants. And J.
9. 15 J. made peace with them, and made a
9. 22 J. called for them, and he spake unto them
9. 24 they answered J., and said, Because it was
9. 27 J. made them that day hewers of wood and
i Adoni-zedec . . had heard how J. had taken
4 it hath made peace with J. and with the
6 men of Gibeon sent unto J. to the camp
7 So J. ascended from Gilgal, he, and all the
8 the LORD said unto J. , Fear them not : for
9 J. therefore came unto them suddenly
12 Then spake J. to the LORD in the day when
15, 38, 43 J. returned, and all Israel with him
17 it was told J., saying, The five kings are
18 J. said, Roll great stones upon the mouth
20 J. and the children of Israel had made an
21 the people returned to the camp to J. a,t
22 Then said J., Open the mouth of the cave
24 brought out those kings unto J., that J.
25 J. said unto them, Fear not, nor be dism.
26 J. smote them, and slew them, andhanged
27 J. commanded, and they took them down
28 J. took Makkedah, and smote it with the
29 J. passed from Makkedah, and all Israel
31 J. passed from Libnah, and all Israel with
33 J. smote him and his people, until he had
34 J. passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with
36 J. went up from Eglon, and. .Israel with
40 J. smote all the country of the hills., and
Josh 10. 41 J. smote them from Kadesh-barnea even
10. 42 and their land did J. take at one time
11. 6 LORD said unto J., Be not afraid because
n. 7 J. came, and all the people of war with
ii. 9 J. did unto them as the LORD bade him
n. 10 J. at that time turned back, and took H.
ii. 12 the kings of them, did J. take, and smote
ii. 13 none, .save Hazor only; (that)did J. burn
ii. 15 so did Moses command J., and so did J.
ii. 16 J. took all that land, the hills, and all
ii. 18 J. made war a long time with all those
ii. 21 that time came J., and cut off the Anakim
ji. 21 J. destroyed them utterly with their cities
IT. 23 J. took the whole land, according to all
11. 23 J. gave it for an inheritance unto Israel
12. 7 which J. and the children of Israel smote
j2. 7 which J. gave unto the tribes of Israel
13. i Now J. was old (and) stricken in years
14. i Eleazer the priest, and J. the son of Nun
14. 6 the children of Judah came unto J. in G.
14. 13 J. blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the
15. 13 according to the commandment, .to J.
17. 4 and before J. the son of Nun, and before
17. 14 And the children of Joseph spakeunto J.
17. 15 J. answered them, If thou (be) a great
17. 17 J. spake unto the house of Joseph, (even)
18. 3 J. said unto the children of Israel, How
18. 8 J. charged them that went to describe the
1 8. 9 and came (again) to J. to the host at Shi.
18. 10 J. cast lots, .in Shiloh. .and there J. diT.
19. 49 gave an inheritance to J. the son of Nun
19. 51 Eleazer the, priest, and J. the son of Xun
20. i The LORD also spake unto J., saying
21. i untoJ. the son of Nun, and unto the heads
22. i Then J. called the Reubenites, and the
22. 6 So J. blessed them, and sent them away
22. 7 but unto the (othei) half thereof gave J.
22. 7 J. sent them away also unto their tents
23. i came to pass, .that J. waxed old (and)
23. 2 J. called for all Israel, (and) for their
24. i J. gathered all the tribes of Israel to She.
24. 2 J. said unto all the people, Thus saiththe
24. 19 J. said unto the people, Ye cannot serve
24 21 said unto J., Nay ; but we will serve the
24. 22 J. said unto the people, Ye (are) witnesses
24. 24 said unto J., The LORD our God will we
24. 25 So J. made a covenant with the people
24. 26 J. wrote these words in the book of the
24. 27 J. said unto all the people, Behold, this
24. 28 So J. Let the people depart, every man
24. 29 it came to pass after these things, that r
24. 31 Israel served the LORD all the days of /.
24. 31 all the days of the elders that overlived:.!.
Judg. i. i Now after the death of J. it came to pass
2. 6 And when J. had let the people go, the
2. 7 people served the LORD all the days of J.
2. 7 the days of the elders that outlived J.
2. 8 J. the son of Nun. . died, (being) an hund.
2. 21 of the nations which J. left when he died
2. 23 neither delivered, .them into the hand of J.
i Ki 16. 34 which he spake by J. the son of Nun
2. A Beth-shemite in the days of Eli. B.C. 1140.
1 Sa. 6. 14 the cart came into the field of J., a Beth.
6. 18 unto this day in the field of J., the Beth.
3. The governor of Jerusalem in the days of Josiah,
2 Ki.23. 8 in the entering in of the gate of J. the
4. The son of Josedech and high priest at the rebuild
ing of the temple. B.C. 520. See Jeshtta.
Hag. i. 1,12, 14 J.,the son of Josedech thehigh priest
2. 2 to J. the son of Josedech, the high priest
2. 4 be strong, O J., son of Josedech, the high
Zech. 3. i he showed me J. thehigh priest standing
3. 3 Now J. was clothed with filthy garments
3. 6 angel of the LORD protested unto J., say.
3. 8 Hear now, O J. the high priest, thou, and
3. 9 the stone that I have laid before J. ; upon
6. ii set (them) upon the head of J. the son of
JO-SI -AH, ? T:?K , nTVN; Jah supports, iwcrias.
1. A son of Amon king of Judah, B.C. 642-61 1 ; pro
phesied of to Jeroboam, B.C. 970. (In N.T. Josias.)
1 Ki.i^. 2 be born unto the house of David, J. by
2 Ki.2i. 24 people, .made J. his son king in his stead
21. 26 buried, .and J. his son reigned in his stead
22. i J. (was) eight years old when he began to
22. 3 iu the eighteenth year of king J., (that)
23. 16 as J. turned himself, he spied the sepulc.
23. 19 to provoke (the LORD) to anger, J. took
23. 23 in the eighteenth year of king J.,(wherein)
23. 24 did J. put away, that he might perform
23. 28 rest of the acts of J., and all that he did
23. 29 king J. went against him ; and he slew
23. 30 Jehoahaz the son of J., and anointed him
23. 34 the son of J. king in the room of J.
1 Ch. 3. 14 Amon his son, J. his son
3. 15 the sons of J. (were), the first born Joha.
2 Ch.33. 25 people, .made J. his son king in hisstead
34. i J. (was) eight years old when he began to
34- 33 J- to k away all the abominations out of
35. i Moreover J. kept a passover unto the L.
35. 7 J. gave to the people, of the flock, lambs
35. 16 according to the commandment of king J.
35. 1 8 keep such a passover as J. kept, and the
35. 19 In the eighteenth year of the reign of J.
35. 20 J had prepared the temple . . and J. went
35. 22 J. would not turn his face from him, but
35. 23 the archers shot at king J.: and the king
35. 24 all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for J.
35. 25 And Jeremiah lamented for J.: and all the
2 Ch-35. 25 the singing women spake of J. in their
35. 26 the acts of J., and his goodness, according
36. i the people . . took Jehoahaz the son of J.
Jer. j. 2 word of the LORD came in the days of J.
i. 3 in the days of Jehoiakim the son of J.
i. 3 eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of J.
3. 6 said also unto me in the days of J. the
22. ii touching Shallum the son of J. king of
22. ii which reigned instead of J. his father
22. 1 8 concerning Jehoiakim the son of J. king
25. i Jehoiakim the son of J. king of Judah
25. 3 From tne thirteenth year of J. the son of
26. i Jehoiakim the son of J. king of 27.1
35. i of Jehoiakim the son of J. king of .Tiidiih
36. i of Jehoiakim the son of J. king of Judah
36. 2 from the days of J., even unto this day
36. 9 of Jehoiakim the son of J. king of Judah
37. i the son of J. reigned instead of Coniah
45. i of Jehoiakim the son of J. king of Judah
46. 2 of Jehoiakim the son of J. king of Judah
Zeph. i. i in the days of J. the son of Amon, king of
Matt. i. 10 Manasses begat Amon. .Amon begat J.
i. ii J. begat Jechoiiias and his brethren, about
2. A son of Zephaniah, dwelling in Jerusalem. B.C.
Zech. 6. 10 into the house of J. the son of Zephaniah
JO-SIB-I AH, iT^Hpv Jah causes to dwell.
A Sirneonite. B.C. 800.
1 Ch. 4. 35 the son of J., the son of Seraiah, the son
JO-SIPH-I AH, n;rpr Jah adds.
The father of a chief that returned from exile with Ezra.
Ezra 8. 10 the son of J., and with him an hundred
Smallest letter in the Hebrew aljihah t, luira.
Matt. 5. 1 8 one jot or one titlle shall in no wise pass
JOT BAH. n^p; excellent for water.
A place in Judah, same as Jnttah, now Jatah, three
miles S. of Hebron, and two miles >". \V. of cl-Karmil.
2 Ki.2i. 19 Meshullemeth. .daughter of Haruz of J.
JOT-BA -THAH, JOT -BATH, nn^p;.
The 2qth encampment of Israel from Egypt, and the
1 8th from Sinai.
Nuni33. 33 went from Hor-hagidgad, and pitched in J.
33. 34 removed from J.,and encamped at Ebron.
Deutio. 7 from Gudgodah to J., a land of rivers of
JO -THAM, cnv Jah is perfect.
I.Gideon s youngest son who escaped from Abimelech.
Judg. 9. 5 J. the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left
9. 7 when they told (it) to J., he went and stood
9. 21 J. ran away, and fled, and went to Beer
9. 57 came the curse of J. the son of Jerubbaal
2.A son of Azariah(or I zziah), king of Judah and father
of Ahaz king of Judah. B.C. 750.
2 Ki. 15. 5 J. the king s son (was) over the house, jud.
15. 7 and J. his son reigned in his stead; v. 30.
15. 32 began J. the son of I sziah king of Judah
15. 36 the acts of J., and all that he did, (are)
15. 38 J. slept with his fathers, and was buried
1 6. i son of J. king of Judah began to reign
1 Ch. 3. 12 Amaziah his son, Azariah his son, J. his
5. 17 genealogies in the days of J. king of Judah
2 Ch.26. 21 J. his son (was) over the king s house, jud.
26. 23 and J. nis son reigned in his stead
27. i J. (was) twenty and five years old when
27. 6 J. became mighty, because he prepared
27. 7 the acts of J., and all his wars, and his
27. 9 J. slept with his fathers, and they buried
Isa. i. i Uzziah, J., Ahaz, (and) Hezekiah, kings of
7. i in the days of Ahaz the son of J., the son
Hos. i. i Uzziah, J., Ahaz, (and) Hezekiah, kings
Mic. i. i to Micah the Morasthite in the days of J.
3. A son of Jahdai. B.C. 1470.
i Ch. 2. 47 and J., and Gesham, and Pelet, and Eph.
1. Way, journey, TJJ derek.
Gen. 24. 21 whether the LORD had made his journey
30. 36 he set three days journey betwixt himself
31. 23 and pursued after him seven days journey
Exod.3. 18 go. .three days journey, .the wilderness
5. 3 go. .three days journey into the desert
8. 27 We will go three days journey into the
Num. 9. 10 in a journey afar off, yet he shall keep the
9. 13 the man that (is) clean, and is not in a jour.
10. 33 departed from the mount, .three days j.
10. 33 went before them in the three days jour.
1 1. 31 as it were a day s journey on this side, and
11. 31 as it were a day s journey on the other
33. 8 went three days journey in the wilderness
Josh. 9.11 Take victuals with you for the journey, and
9. 13 becameold by reason of the verylongjour
Judg 4. 9 the journey that thou takest shall not be
1 Sa. 15. 18 LORD sent thee on a journey, and said, Go
2 Sa. it. 10 Camest thou not from (thy) journey? why
1 Ki. 18. 27 or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey
19. 4 he himself went a day s journey into the
19. 7 because the journey (is) too great for thee
2 Ki. 3 . 9 they fetched a compass of seven days jo.
Prov. 7.19 For the goodman . . is gone a long journey
2.A going on, walk, journey, "^W mahalak.
Neh. 2. 6 For how long shall thy journey be? and
Jon. 3. 3 was a. .great city of three days journey
j. 4 bp^iintoenterintothecityaday sjourney
^.Journey, yy$ massa.
Gen. 13. 3 he went on his journeys from the south
Exodi7. i after their journeys, according to the com.
40. 36 Israel went onward in all their journeys
40. 38 house of Israel, throughout all their jour.
Numio. 6 they shall blow an alarm for their journ.
10. 12 the children of Israel took their journeys
33. i These (are)the journeys of the children
33. 2 according to their journeys by the com.
33. 2 these (are) their journeys according to
Deutio. ii Arise, take (thy)journey before the people
4. Way-faring, journct/in;/, tiSoiiropia hodoiporia.
John 4. (j Jesus therefore, being wearied with., jour.
5. Way, &Sos hodos.
Matt 10. 10 Nor scrip for. .journey, neither twocoats
Mark 6. 8 they should take nothing for. .journey
Luke 2. 44 But they . . went a day s journey ; and they
9. 3 Take nothing for. .journey, neither staves
11. 6 a friend of mine in his journey is come to
Acts 1. 12 Olivet, .from Jerusalem a sabbath day s j.
1. To lift up, remove, journey, ypj nasa.
Gen. ii. 2 it came to pass, as they journeyed from
12. 9 Abrain journeyed, going on still toward
13. ii Lot journeyed east : and they separated
20. i Abraham journeyed from thence toward
33. 17 Jacob journeyed to Succoth, and built
35. 5 they journeyed : and the terror of God
35. 16 they journeyed from Beth-el ; and there
35.21 Israel journeyed, and spread his tent be.
Exodi2. 37 the children of Israel journeyed from R.
17. j Israel journeyed from the wilderness of
40. 37 they journeyed not till the day that it was
Num. 9. 17 after that the children of Israel journeyed
9. 18 the children of Israel journeyed, and at
9. 19 Israel kept the charge, .and journeyed
9. 20 to the commandment of the LORD they j.
9. 21 was taken up in the morning, then they j.
9. 21 that the cloud was taken up, they joar.
9. 22 abode in their tents, and journeyed not
9. 22 but when it was taken up, they journeyed
9. 23 at the commandment of the LORD they j.
10. 29 We are Journeying unto the place of which
11. 35 the people journeyed from Kibroth-hat.
12. 15 the people journeyed not till Miriam was
20. 22 the whole congregation, journeyed from
21. 4 they journeyed from mount Hor by the
21. ii they journeyed from Oboth, and pitched
33. 22 they journeyed from Rissah, and pitched
Dent. 10. 7 From thence they journeyed unto Gudgo.
Josh. 9. 17 the children of Israel journeyed, and came
2. To lift up the feet, c:^fi } nasa raglayim.
Gen 29. i Jacob went on his journey, and came in.
3. To make a way, progress, ~~^ tyy asah derek.
Judg. 17. 8 to the house of Micah, as he journeyed
4. To journey, 6Sevu hodeuo.
Lukeio. 33 a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came
5. To pass on, iroptvofj.ai pnreuomai.
Acts 9. 3 as he journeyed, he came near Damascus
26. 13 round about me and them which journey.
JOURNEY, to bring forward on one s
To sendforward, irpoirt pitta propempo.
3 John 6 if thou bring forward on their journey
JOURNEY, to go on one s
To jiass on the way, dSouroptw hodoiporeo.
Acts 10. 9 as they went on their journey, and drew
JOURNEY, to have a prosperous
To have a good journey or passage, fvoSuo/j.ai euodo.
Rom. i. 10 I might have a prosperous journey by the
JOURNEY, in a
To pass throughout, 5ia.iropfvotJ.ai diaporeuomai.
Rom 15. 24 for I trust to see you in my journeB*nd
JOURNEY, to make or take a
1. To lift up, remove, journey, J?pj nasa.
Gen. 33. 12 Let us take our journey, and let us go, and
46. i Israel took his journey with all that he
Exodi3. 20 they took their journey from Succoth
16. i they took their journey from Elim, and
Nuniio. 6 then the camps . . shall take their journey
10. 12 the children of Israel took their journeys
10. 13 they first took their journey according to
33. 12 they took their journey out of the wilder.
Deut i. 7 Turn you, :vnd take your journey, and go
1. 40 take your journey into the wilderness by
2. i we turned, and took our journey into the
2. 24 Rise ye up, take your journey, and pass
10. 6 the children of Israel took their journey
2. Togo awayfromone speoplc,airoSrifj.f<i>apodemeo.
Matt 25. 15 ever man. .and straightway took his jour.
Lukeis. 13 took his journey into a far country, and
3. To pass on, iropfvofj.ai poreuomai.
Acts 22. 6 it came to pass, that as I made myjourney
Rom 15. 24 Whensoever I take my journey into Spain
JOURNEY, taking a far
Away from one s people, aWSrj/io? npxlSmot,
Marici3. 34 as a man taking a far journey, who left
JOURNEY with, to
To journey with, (rvvoStvia sunodevfi.
Acts 9. 7 the men which journeyed with him stood
I.Journey, yyy i/iassa.
Numio. 2 use them., for the journeying of the camps
10. 28 Thus (were) the journeyings of the child.
2. A passing on, journeying, 6$onropia J> odoiporia.
2 Co. ii. 26 (In) journeyings often, (in) perils of wat.
3. To make a passage, progress, iroifta iropt iavpoieo.
Lukei3. " teaching and journeying toward Jerusa.
I.Joy, rejoicing, ^ i gil.
1 sa. 43. 4 Then will I go . . unto God my exceeding j.
Isa. 16. 10 gladness ig taken away, and joy out of the
Hog. q. i .Rejoice not, <> Israel, for joy, as. .people
2.Joy, rejoicing, nVa gilah.
Isa. 35. 2 It shall . . rejoice even with joy and singing
3.Joy, nyin chedvah.
Kzra 6. 16 kept the dedication of this house, .with joy
Xeh. 8. 10 for the joy of the LORD is your strength
^.Goodness, 2^0 tub.
Isa. 65. 14 my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but
5.Joy, rejoicing, eri tyq masos.
Job 8. 19 this (is) the joy of his way, and out of the
Psa. 48. 2 the joy of the whole earth, (is) mount Zion
Isa. 24. 8 mirth of tabrets. .Joy of the harp ceaseth
32. 13 all the houses of joy (in) the joyous city
32. 14 dens, .a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flo.
60. i; I will make thee. .a joy of many general.
65. 18 Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a j.
66. 10 rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn
Jer. 49. 25 city of praise not left, the city of my joy !
Lam. 2. 15 that (men) call..The joy of the whole earth
5. 15 The joy of our heart is ceased : our dance
Eze. 24. 25 the joy of their glory, the desire of their
6.Loud cry, proclamation, singing, n}~! rinnah.
Psa. 30. 5 weeping may endure for a night, but joy
42. 4 with the voice of joy and praise, with a
126. 5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy
7. Rejoicing, joy, gladness, mirth, nncv simchah.
i Sa. 18. 6 to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy
i Ki. i. 40 rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth
i Ch.i2. 40 brought bread. .for(there was) joy in Isr.
15. 16 sounding, tiy lifting up the voice with joy
15. 25 David, .went to bring up the ark. .with joy
29. 9 David the king also rejoiced with great j.
29. 17. now have I seen with joy thy people, whi.
i Ch.2o. 27 returned, .togo again to Jerusalem withj.
30. 26 So there was great joy in Jerusalem : for
Ezra 3. 12 many. .wept, .many shouted aloudfor joy
3.13 discern the noise of the shout of joy from
6. 22 And kept the feast . . seven days with joy
Neh.i2. 43 God had made them rejoice with great j.
12. 43 the joy of Jerusalem was heard even afar
Esth. 8. 17 the Jews had joy and gladness, a feast and
9. 22 was turned unto them from sorrow to joy
9. 22 make them days of feasting and joy, and
Job 20. 5 and the joy of the hypocrite, .for a mom.?
Psa. 16. ii in thy presence (is) fulness of joy ; at thy
737. 6 I prefer not Jerusal. above my chief joy
Prov 12. 20 but to the counsellors of peace (is) joy
14. 10 stranger doth not intermeddle with his j.
15. 21 Folly (is) joy to (him that is) destitute of
15. 23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mo.
21. 15 (It is) joy to the just to do judgment: but
Ecd. 2. 10 I withheld not my heart from any joy; for
2. 26 (God)giveth to a man. .knowledge, and j.
5. 20 God answereth (him) in the joy of his he.
9. 7 Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and d.
Isa. 9. 3 Thou hast, .not increased the joy : they j.
9. 3 before thee according to the joy in harv.
24. ii all joy isdarkened.themirthofthelandis
29. 19 The meek alsoshall increase, .joyin theL.
35. 10 songs, and everlasting joy upon their he.
51. ii everlasting joy (shall be) upon their head
51. ii they shall obtain gladness and joy ; (and)
55. 12 ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth
61. 7 therefore, .everlasting joy shall be unto
66. 5 he shall appear to your joy, and they shall
Jer. 48. 33 joy and gladness is taken from the plent.
Eze. 36. 5 with the joy of all (their) heart, with de*.
Joel i . 1 6 joy and gladness from the house of our d .
Zeph. 3. 17 he will rejoice over thee with joy ; he will
S.Joy, rejoicing, gladness, jiev sason.
Esth. 8. 16 The Jews had light, .gladness, and joy
Psa. 51. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness ; (that)
51. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation
105. 43 And he brought forth his people with joy
Isa. 12. 3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water
22. 13 behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen.and
35. 10 they shall obtain joy and gladness, and
51. 3 joy and gladness shall be found therein
61. 3 the oil of joy for mourning, the garmentof
Jer. 15. 16 thy word was unto me the joy and rejoi.
31. 13 I will turn their mourning into joy, and
33. 9 it shall be to me a name <>f joy, a praise
33. ii The voice of joy. and the voice of gladness
Joel i. 12 becausejoyiswitheredawaylromthesons
Zech. 8. 19 shall be to the house of Judah joy and
9. Shout, shouting, *WW teniah.
Job 33. 26 he shall see his face with joy : for he will
Psa. 27. 6 I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy
W.GladiUtt, jof, aya\\ia.(ns agalliasis.
Luke i. 44 lo. .the babe leaped in my womb for joy
JOY 553 JUDAH
ll.Gladness, joy, fixppoffvyi) euphrosune.
Acts 2. 28 shalt make me full of joy with thy couu.
12.Joi/, \apa. chara.
Matt. 2. 10 they rejoiced with exceeding great joy
13. 20 huareth the word, and anon with joy rece.
13. 44 for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that
25. 21, 23 servant, .enter thou into the joy of thy
28. 8 they . .quickly . . with fear and great joy
Luke i. 14 thou shalt have joy and gladness; and
2. 10 I hring you good tidings ol great joy, which
8. 13 when they hear, receive the word with joy
10. 17 the seventy returned again with joy, say.
15. 7 That likewise joy shall l>e in heaven over
15. 10 is joy in thep--=seiiceof the angels of God
24. 41 while they ye. uelieved not for joy, and
24. 52 and returned to Jerusalem with great joy
John 3. 29 rejoiceth greatly. .This my joy therefore
1 5. 1 1 that my joy might remain . . and . . your joy
16. 20 but your sorrow shall be turned into joy
16. 21 for joy that a man is born into the world
16. 22 rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from
16. 24 ye shall receive, that your joy may be full
17. 13 might have my joy fulfilled in themselves
Acts 8. 8 And there was great joy in that city
13. 52 thedisciples were filled with joy and with
15. 3 they caused great joy unto all the breth.
20. 24 so that I might finish my course [with joy]
Bom 14. 17 and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost
15. 13 the God of hope fill you with all joy and
15. 32 That I may come unto you with joy by the
2 Co. i. 24 are helpers of your joy : for by faith ye
2. 3 confidence . . that my joy is (the joy) of you
7. 13 the more joyed we for the joy of Titus
8. 2 the abundance of their joy and their deep
Gal. 5. 22 the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace
Phil. i. 4 Always, .you all making request with joy
1. 25 you all for your furtherance and joy of
2. 2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be like minded
4. i beloved and longed for, my joy and crown
1 Th. i. 6 received the word . . with joy of the H. G.
2. 19 For what (is) our hope, or joy, or crown
2. 20 For ye are our glory and joy
3. 9 for all the joy wherewith we joy for your
2 Ti. i. 4 to see thee. .that I may be filled with joy
2 who for the joy that was set before him
17 that they may do it with joy, and not with
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall
4. 9 to mourning, and (your^ joy to heaviness
i Pe. i. 8 ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full
1 Jo. i. 4 these things write we. .that your joy may
2 John 12 speak face to face, that our joy may be
3 John 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that
13. Grace, thankfulness, x-P^ charts.
Phm. 7 we have great [joy] and consolation in thy
[See also Aloud, shout for, sing for, skip for.]
l.To leap, rejoice, joy, be joyful, S, b J gil, gul.
Hab. 3. 1 8 yet. .1 will joy in the God of my salvation
Zeph. 3. 17 The LORD, .he will joy overthee with .iing.
Z.To rejoice, bs glad, &y, sniy sus, sis.
Isa. 65. 19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in
3. To shine, rejoice, joy, be glad, nSy sameach.
Psa. 21. i The king shall joy in thy strength, O L.
Isa. 9. 3 they joy before thee according to the joy
4. To boast, Kavxa-0/j.a.i kauchaomai.
Rom. 5.11 we also joy iu God through our Lord Je.
5. To rejoice, joy, youpw chairfi.
2 Co. 7. 13 exceedingly the more joyed we for the
Phil. 2. 17 if I be offered. .1 joy and rejoice with
2. 18 For the same cause also do ye joy and
Col. 2. 5 yet am I . .joying and beholding your or.
i Th. 3. 9 wherewith we joy for your sakes before
JOY, to leap for
To leap, ffKipraw skirtao.
Luke 6. 23 leap for joy: for, behold, your reward (is)
Gladness, joy, aya\\ia<ris agalliasis.
Jude 24 is able. .to present (you)., with exceeding j.
JOY, to break forth into
To break forth, ny? palsach.
Isa. 52. 9 B. eak forth into joy, sing together, ye
JOY, to have
l.To shine, rejoice, joy, be glad, roy sameach.
Prov.i 7. 21 a fool, .the father of a fool hath no joy
23. 24 that begetteth a wise (child) shall have j.
Isa. 9. 17 Therefore the LORD shall have no joy in
2. To havejoy, pleasure, or advantage, opti/TjjUt, O^TJ/XI.
Phm. 20 brother, let me have joy of thee in the L.
JOY, -witli exceeding
To be glad, oyaAAiaco agalliao.
i Pe. 4. 13 ye may be glad also with exceeding joy
l.Good, 3io tab
Eccl. 7 . 14 In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in
Z.Singing, njri renanah.
Psa. 63. 5 my mouth shall praise . . with joyful lips
3. Rejoicing, ntiy sameach.
i Ki. 8. 56 went unto their tents joyful and glad of
Esth. 5. 9 Then went Haman forth that day joyful
Psa. 113. 9 (and to be) a joyful mother of children
2 C o. 7. 4 1 am exceeding joyful in. .our tribulation
JOYFUL, to be
1. To leap, rejoice, joy, be joyful, h *, ^ 3 gul, gil.
Psa. 35. 9 my s. ul shall he joyrul in the UiK.it : it
149. 2 let the children of /ion be joyful iu their
Isa. 49. 13 Sing, O heavens ; and be joyful, O earth
61. 10 my soul shall be joyful in my God ; for
2. To rejoice, exult, 17^ alaz.
Psa. 96. 12 Let the held be joyful, and all that (is)
149. 5 Let the saints bejoyful inglory : lettnem
3. To rejoice, exult, j ?^ alals.
Psa. 5. 1 1 let them also that love thy name be joyful
4. To sing, cry aloud, \f\ ranan, 3.
Psa. 98. 8 let the hills be joyful together
JOYFUL, to make
To make joyful or glad, roy saineach, 3.
Ezra b. 22 the LORD had made them joyful, and tur.
Isa. 56. 7 make them joyful in my house of prayer
JOYFUL noise, to make a
To shout, in riia, 5.
Psa. 66. i Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands
81. i make a joyful noise unto theGnd of Jacob
95. i let us make a joyful noise to the rock of
95. 2 and make a joyful noise unto him with
98. 4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all
98. 6 make a joyful noise before the LORD, the
loo. i Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, allye
Shout, shouting, n^nfi teruah.
Psa. 89. 1 5 Blessed . . people that know the joyful sou.
Singing, n\]~[ renanah.
Job 3. 7 that night., let no joyful voice come there
l.To see life, c n HKT raah chaiyim.
Eccl. 9. 9 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou
2. To rejoice, xa^Pw chairo.
Lukeig. 6 and came down, and received him joyful
3. With joy, /xera xapas meta charas.
Heb. 10. 34 took joyfully the spoiling of your goods
1. Rejoicing, joy, gladness, mirth, nnz?y simchah.
Deut28. 47 servedst not the LORD thy God with joy.
Z.Joy, xaP chara.
Col. i. ii all patience and long suffering with joy.
1. Rejoicing, exulting, pfcg alliz.
Isa. 22. 2 a tumultuous city, a joyous city : thy
23. 7 (Is) this your joyous (city), whose antiqu-
32. 13 all the houses of joy (in) the joyous city
2. Ofjoy, xpy charas.
Heb. 12. ii no chastening, .seemethtobe joyous, but
JO-ZA -BAD, t;!iv Jah endows.
1. A Gederathite in Judah. He joined David in Ziklag.
B.C. 1048. [A.V. Josabad.]
i Ch.iz. 4 arid Johanan, and J. the Gederathite
2. Two men of Manasseh that joined David at Ziklag.
1 Ch.i2. 20 J. . .and Michael, and J., and Elihu, and
3. A Levite overseer of the dedicated things in the days
of Hezekiah. B.C. 724.
2 Ch.3i. 13 J., and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath
4. A chief of the Levites in Josiah s time. B.C. 623.
2 Ch.35. 9 Jeiel and J., chief of the Le -ites, gave
5. A son of Jeshua who was employed in weighing the
vessels of the sanctuary brought from Babylon. B.C.
445- j Ezra 8. 33 J. the son of Jeshua, and Xoadiah the son
C. A priest who had taken a strange wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 22 Maaseiah, Ishmael, Nethaneel, J., and
7. A Levite who had taken a strange wifi. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 23 J., and Shimei, andKelaiah, the same (is)
8. A Levite interpreter of the law read by Ezra. B.C.
Neh. 8. 7 J., Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, can.
9. A chief Levite in Jerusalem after the exile. B.C. 445.
Nell. ii. 16. and J., of the chief of the Levites, (had)
JO-ZA -CHAR, i:;i Jah remembers.
The son of Shimeath (a Moabitess) who slew Joash or
Jehoash king of Judah. B.C. 839.
2 Hi. 12. 21 J. the son of Shimeath, and Jehozabad
JO-ZA- DAK, piyv Jah is great.
A priest, the father of Jeshua who returned from exile
with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536. He is called Josedech in
Hagnai and Zechariah.
Ezra 3. 2 the son of J., and his brethren the priests
3. 8 the son of J., and the remnant of their
5. 2 son of Shealtiel, and Jeshua the son of J.
10. 18 of the sons of Jeshua the son of J., and
Neh. 12. 26 Joiakim the son of Jeshua, the son of J.
JU -BAL, ^y playing, nomad.
A son of Adah, wife of Laniech, a descendant of Cain.
Gen. 4. 21 his brother s name (was) J.: he was the
I. Jubilee, time of shouting, *?:v ydbel.
Lev. 25. 10 it shall lie a jubilee unto you ; and ye
25. ii A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto
25. 12 For it (is) the jubilee ; it shall be holy
25. 13 In the year of this jubilee ye shall return
25. 15 the number of years after the jubilee thou
25 2 until the year of jubilee : and in the jubi.
25. 30 the house, .shall not go out in the jubilee
25. 31 the houses.,they shaligoout in thejubilee
25. 33 shall go out in (the year of) jubilee : for
25. 40 shall serve thee unto the year of jubilee
25. 50 Irom the year, .unto the year of jubilee
25. 52 if. .but few years unto the year of jubilee
25. 54 then he shall go out in the year of jubilee
27. 17 If he sanctify, .field irom tne year of jub.
.-. i if he sanctity his field alter the jubilee
27. 18 remain, even unto the yearoi the jubilee
27. 21 the field, when it goeth out in the jubilee
27. 23 unto the year of the jubilee : and he shall
27. 24 In the year of the jubilee the field shall
Num. 36. 4 when tne jubilee oi the children of Israel
Q.Shoutiiig, shout, blowing, nyw teruah.
Lev. 25. 9 shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubi.
JU -CAL, <?;v able.
A son of Shelemiah and prince of Judah, a deadly enemy
of Jeremiah. B.C. 590.
Jer. 38. i J. the son of Shelemiah, and Pashur the
JU -DA, JU -DAH, JU -DAS, ,TU-V praise.
1. The lourth bou oi Jacob by Leah. B.C. 1740.
Gen. 29. 35 she called his name J.: and left bearing
35. 23 and Levi, and J., and Issachar, and Zeb.
37. 26 J. said unto his brethren, What profit (is
38. i J. went down from his brethren, and tur.
38. 2 And J. saw there a daughter of a certain
38. 6 J. took a wife for Er his first born, whose
38. 7 J. s first born,(waa)wicked in the sight of
38. 8 J. said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother s
38. ii Then said J. to Tamar his daughter in 1.
38. 12 daughter of Shuah, J. s wife, died ; and J.
38. 15 When J. saw her, he thought her (to be;
38. 20 J. sent the kid by the hand of his friend
38. 22 he returned to J.. and said, I cannot find
38. 23 J. said, Let her take (it) to her, lest we be
38. 24 it was told J. saying, Tamar thy daughter
38. 24 J. said, Bring her forth, and let her be
38. 26 J. acknowledged (them), and said, She
43. 3 And J. spake unto him, sayini . The man
43. 8 J. said unto Israel his father, Send the
44. 14 J. and his brethren came to J. s house
44. 16 J. said, What shall we say unto my lord?
44. 18 J.camenear unto him.and said,Oh my lord
46. 12 the sons of J.; Er and Onan, and Shelah
46. 28 he sent J. before him unto Joseph, to di.
49. 8 J., thou (art he) whom thy brethren shall
49. 9 J. (is) a lion s whelp : from the prey, my
Exod. i. 2 Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and J.
Nuni26. 19 the sons of J. (were) Er and Onan : and Er
Ruth 4. 12 Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto J., of
i Ch. 2. i Simeon, Levi, and J., Issachar, and Zebu.
2. 3 The sons of J.; Er, and Onan, and Shelah
2. 3 the first born of J., was evil in the sight
2. 4 All the sons of J. (were) five
2. 10 begat Nahshou, prince of the children of J.
4. i The sons of J.; Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi
4. 21 The sons of Shelah the son of J. (were)
4. 27 family multiply, like to the children of J.
5. 2 J. prevailed above his brethren, and of
9. 4 of the children of Pharez the son of J.
Neh. ii. 24 of the children of Zerah the son of J.
Matt. i. 2 and Jacob begat J. and his brethren
i. 3 J. begat Pliares and Zara of Tliamar ; and
Luke 3. 33 son) of Hiares, which was (the son) of J.
2. The tribe which sprang from Judah, and applied also
to the territory occupied by them.
Gen. 49. 10 The sceptre shall not depart froni J., nor
Exd3i. 2 of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of J.
35. 30 of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of J.
38. 22 of t ri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of J.
Num. i. 7 Of J.; Nahshon the son of Amminadab
i. 26 Of the children of J., by their generations
1. 27 numbered of them, (even) of the tribe of J.
2. 3 shall they of the standard . .of J. pitch
2. 3 (shall be) captain of the children of J.
2. 9 All that were numbered in the camp of J.
7. 12 the son of Amminadab, of the tribe of J.
10. 14 standard of the camp of the children of J.
13. 6 the tribe of J., Caleb the son of Jephun.
26. 20 the sons of J. after their families were
26. 22 These (are) the families of J. according
34. 19 the tribe of J., Caleb the son of Jephunneh
Dent 27. 12 J., and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benja.
33. 7 And this (is the blessing) of J.: and lie
33. 7 Hear, LORD, the voice of J., and bring
34. 2 all the land of J.. unto the utmost sea
Josh. 7. i Zabdi, the son of Zerah. of the tribe of J.
7. 1 6 rose up early..and:the tribe of J. was taken
7. 17 And he brought the family of J. ; and he
7. 18 and Achan. .of the tribe of J., was taken
11. 21 and cut off. .from all the mountains of J.
14. 6 Then the children of J. came unto Jos5iua
15. i the tribe of the children of J. by their fa.
15. 12 This (is) the coast of the children of J.
15. 13 he gave a part among the children of J.
15. 20 the inheritance, .of the children of J.
15. 21 cities of the tribe of the children of J.
15. 63 the children of J. could not drive them
15. 63 Jebnsites dwell with the children of J.
18. ^ J. shall abide in th<>ir coast on the south
JUDAH .-,;> I JUDAH
Joch.iS. ii between the children of J. ami theeluldr
18. 14 Klrjath-jearim. aciix of the children ofJ.
19. i within UMlnberiUnoooftbtohUdrMtofJ.
19. 9 Out i>f the portion of the ehihlren of J.
19. 9 the part of the children of J. WU too
19. 34 and to J. II|MMI .Ionian toward the -nm iso.
7 whieh (is) Hebron, in the moiintuin of J.
ai. 4 hail by lot out of the tribe of J.. and out
9i. o gave out of tho tribe of the rhildrenof J.
ai. ii llehron. In the hill (country) of J., with
Jud.g :. - the I.OKD until..I. shall go "I
i. 3 J. said unto Simeon hi- In-other. Come up
i. 4 J. went up: and the LOKP delivered the
i. 8 tho ehildren of J. had fought against .lei
i. 9 afterward the ehildreu of .1. went down
i. 10 J. went against the Canaan it es that dwelt
i. 16 went up .with the ehildren of J. intotho
I. 16 wilderness of .).. which(lieth) Inthesouth
i. 17.1. went with Simeon his brother, and
i. 18 Also J. took (ia/a with the coast thereof
i. 19 the I "i:i was with J. ; ami he drave out
i,v o pa-.-ed oxer Jordan to tight also acainst .1
15. 9 Then the Philistines went up. and |iiteh
1-5. to the men of J. said. Why are ye come up
15. ii three thousand men of J. went to the top
17. 7 there was a young man . oft lie family of J.
18. u they wont up. and pitehed in J. : wher.
20. iS And the Loui> said. J. (shall go up) first
Ruth i. 7 on their way to r-turu into the land of J.
i Sa. u. 8 ehildren of Israel, .and the men of J.
15. 4 Saul gathered, .ten thousand men of J.
17. i gathered . .at Shoehoh. .(bolongeth) to J.
17. 52 men of Israel and of J. arose, and shout.
18. 16 Hut all Israel and J. loved David, boeau.
33. 5 depart, and get thee into the land of J.
33. 3 men said . . Hohold, we be afraid here in J.
23. j \ search, .throughout all. .thousands of J.
17. 6 /.iklau" pertaineth unto the kings of J.
97. 10 David said. Against the south of J., and
30. 14 upon (the coast) which (helongeth) to J.
30. 16 that they had taken, .out of the land of J.
30. 36 he sent of the spoil unto the elders of J.
Sa. i. iS he bade them teach the children of J.
a. i Shall I go up into any of the cities of J. ?
3. 4 And the men of J. came, and there they
i. 4 anointed David king over the house of J.
a. 7 house of J. have anointed me king over
a. 10 But the house of J. followed David
3. ii was king in Hebron over the house of J.
3. 8 whieh against J. do show kindness this
3. 10 and to set up the throne of David over . . J.
5. 5 he reigned over J. seven years and six
5. 5 reigned thirty and three years overall. .J.
fi. 9 people . .(were) with him from Haale of J .
11. ii The ark, and Israel, and J., abide intents
la. 8 gave thee the house of Israel and of J.
19. ii saying. Sneak unto the elders of .I., saying
19. 14 he bowed the heart of all tho men of J.
19. 15 J. came to Gilgnl, to go to meet the king
19. i6Shimel. .came down with the men of J.
19. 40 all the people of J. conducted the king
19. 41 Why have, .the men of J. stolen thee
19. 43 all the men of J. answered the men of I.
19. 43 men of Israel answered the men of J.
19. 4 ) words of the men of J. were fiercer than
ao. 3 but the men of J. clave unto their king
so. 4 Assemble me the men of J. within three
30. 5 So Amasa went to assemble (the men of).) .
9i. 3 slay them in his zeal to the children of . . J.
34. i he moved, .to say, Go, number Israel. .J.
34. 7 they went out to the south of J.. (even)
34. 9 the men of J. (were) five hundred thousa.
i Ki. i. o and all the men of .1. the king s servants
i. 35 I have appointed him to be ruler, .over J .
3. 32 and Amasa. .captain of the host of J.
4. 90 J. and Israel (were) many, as the sand
4. 25 ,1. and Israel dwelt safely, every man under
i Ch. o. 55 they gave them Hebron in the land of J.
6. 57 sons of Aaron they gave the cities of J.
6. 65 gave by lot out of the tribe of ..I., and
9. 3 in Jerusalem dwelt of the children Of J.
12. 16 there came of the children of. ..I. . .unto
i=. 34 The children of J. that hare shield and sp.
13. 6 to Kirjath jearim, which (belonged) to J.
37. 1 8 Of J., Klihu. (one) of the brethren of Da.
38. 4 J. (to be) the ruler ; and of the house of J.
a Ch. 3. 7 that (are) with me in J. and in Jerusalem
9. ii none such seen before in the land of J.
Ezra i. 2 build, .housoat Jerusalem, which (is) in J.
i. 3 let him go up to Jerusalem, whieh (is) in.I.
i. 5 chief of the fathers of J. and Benjamin
1. 8 numbered! hem.. Sheshbazzar. .prinee. t .l.
4. 4 weakened the hands of the people of .1.
4. 6 against, .inhabitants of J. and Jer. 3. 9.
5. i prophesied unto the Jews that (weiv)iii.l.
7. 14 to enquire concerning J. and .lera- n. u
9. 9 to give us a wall in J. and in Jerusalem
10. 7 they made proclamation throughout J.
10. 9 men of J. and Henjamin gathered them
Neh. i . - That H. . . came, he and (certain) men of J .
2. 5 thou wouldest semi me unto J.. unto the
2. 7 may convey me over till I come into .1.
4. 10 J. said. The strength of the hearers of
4. 16 rulers (were) behind all the house of J.
5. 14 to be their governor in the land of J.
6. 7 (There is) a king in J. : and now shall it
6. 17 the nobles of J. sent many letters unto
5. 18 For (there were) many in J. sworn unto
7. 6 came again to Jerusalem and to J.. every
ii. 3 in the cities of J. dwelt every one in his
ii. 4 at Jerusalem dwelt .the children of .1.
n. 4 Of the children of J. ; Athaiah the 4011 of
Neh. n. 30 the residue, .(were) in all the cities of J.
li. 35 the ehihlren of .1. dwelt at Kirjath-arba
11. \<< of the l.exites(were)di\isions(in) .1 .(and)
u. 31 I brought up the princes of J. upon the
II- - i n. h. and half of the princes of J.
13. 44 J. rejoiced for the priests and for the
13. 13 Then brought all J . the tithe of the corn
13. 1 5 those days saw I inJ. (gome) treading wine
13. 16 sold on the sabbath unto .children of J.
13. 17 I contended with the nobles of .1., and
K ,th c been carried awa) w itli Jeeoniah king of . I.
1 sa. 48. ii let the daughters of J lie glad, because
7 strength of mine head ; .1. (is) my lawgiver
63. titlr. D. ..when he was in the w ildei ness of J.
<>8. 27 the princes of J. (and) their council, the
69. 35 save /ion. and will build the cities of J.
76. i In J. (is) Hod known : his name (is) urcat
78. (>S chose the tribe of J., the mount /.ion wh.
97. 8 the daughters of J. rejoiced because of
108. 8 the strength of mine head ; J.(is) my law.
114. 3 J. was his sanctuarj l.-rael his dominion
Matt. j. " And thou, llcthlchem. (in) the land of.).
2. 6 art not the least among the princes of J.
Luke < ; i into the hill country .into a city of J.
Hob. 7. 14 is) evident that our Uird sprang out of J.
8. 8 house of Israel and w ith the house of .1
Rev. 5. 5 the l.ion of the tribe of J., the Root of
7. 5 Of the tribe of J. (were) sealed twelve
". After the revolt of the ten tribes the kingdom over
which Rehoboam reigned was called Judah.
i Ki. 12. 17 Israel which dwelt in the cities of J.
ia. 30 none that followed, .but the tribe of .I.
u. .-i he assembled all the house of J., with
12. 2.) king of .)., and unto all the house of J.
13. 27 their lord, (even) unto Kehoboam. .of J.
13. 37 shall, .go again to Kehoboam king of J.
13. 32 feast .like unto the feast that (is) in J.
13. i there came a man of God out of J. h.x%
13. 12 the man of God went which came from.T.
13. 14 tin in the man of (iod that earnest from J.?
13. 21 unto the man of (iod that came from J.
14. _-i Kehoboam. .son of Solomon reigned in J.
14. 22 J. did evil in the sight of the Lotu>, and
14. 29 book of the chronicles of thekings of .).?
15. i eighteenth year, .reigned Abijamover J.
15. 7 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
15. o intlie twentieth your, .reigned A...over J.
15. 17 king of Israel went up against .1., and
15. 17 to go out or come in to Asa king of J.
1.5. .- Asa made a proclaim! throughout all J.
15. 23 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
15. 25 in the second year of Asa king of J.
15. 28, 33 in the third year of Asa king of J.
16. 8 twenty and sixth year of Asa king of J.
16. lo, 15 ami seventh year of Asa king of J.
16. 23 thirty and tlrst year of Asa king of J.
16. 29 thirty ami eighth year of Asa king of J.
19. 3 to Heer-sheba, which (bclongeth) to J.
32. 2 king of J. came down to the king of Isr.
32. 10 ki. of Israel and Jehoshaphat . .king of J.
22. 39 the king of J. went up to Ramoth-gilead
2. . 41 the son of Asa began to reign over J. in
22. 45 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
23. 51 seventeenth year of Jehosha. king of J.
3 Ki. i. 17 Jehoram the son of Jehoshaphat ki. of J.
3. i eighteenth year of Johoshaphat king of J.
3. 7 sent to Jehoshaphat the king of .)., say.
3. 9 and the king of J., and the king of Kdom
3. 14 presence of Jehoshaphat the king ot J.
8. 16 Jehoshaphat (being) then king of .).,.!< ho.
8. 16 son of Jehoshaphat king of J. began to
8. 19 the LoRl> would not destroy .1. for David
8. 20, 23 K. revolted from under the hand of J
8. 93 book of the chronicles of the kings of ,).?
8. 25 Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of J.
8. 99 the son of Jehoram king of J. went down
9. 16 king of J. was come down to see Joram
9. 21 king of Israel and Ahaziah king of J. went
9. 27 when Ahaziah the king of J. saw (this)
9. 99 began Ahaziah to reign over J.
10. 13 with the brethren of Ahaziah king of J.
12. 18 king of J. took all the hallowed things
12. iS J., and Ahaziah. his fathers, kings of J.
12. 19 book of the chronicles of the kings of .).
13. i of Jonsh the son of Ahaziah king of J
13. 10 thirty, .seventh year of Joash king of J.
13. 12 he fought against Amaziah king of J.
14. i Amaziah the son of Joash king of J.
14. 9 king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of .T.
14. 10 shoiildest fall, (even) thou. and J. with
14. ii he and Amaziah kimrof J. looked one an.
14. ii at Heth-shemcsh. whieh (belonmth) to .1.
14. 12 J. was put to the worse before Israel ; and
14. 13 king of Israel took Ama/iah king of J.
14. 15 how he fought with Amaziah kiinr of .1
14. 17 the son of Joash king of J. lived after
14. 18 b<>ok of the chronicles of the kinns of J.?
14. 21 the people of J. took Azariah. whieh (was)
14. 33 built Klath, and restored it to .)., after
14. 33 of Ama/iah the son of Joash king of J.
14. 28 Dania. . .Hamath. (which belonged) to J.
15. i began Azariah son of Amaziah king of J.
15. 6 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
15. 8 eighth year of Azariah king of J. did
15. 13 and thirtieth year of I zziah king of J.
15. 17 and thirtieth year of Azariah king of J.
15. 23 the fiftieth year of Azariah king of J.
15. 27 and fiftieth year of Azariah king of .1.
15. 32 began Jotham the son of Tzziahkingof J.
15. 36 book of the chronicles of the kimts of J ..
15. 37 send against J. Reziu the king of *>ru
3 Ki. 16. i son of Jotham king of J. began to reign
16. ii) book of the chronicles of the kings of J.
17. i In the twelfth year of Ahuz king of J.
17. i ; Israel and against J. by all the prophets
17. 18 was none left but the tribe of J. only
17. 19 J. kept not the commandment* of the I..
18. i the son of Ahazkingof J. began to reiun
18. 5 none like him among all the kings of J.
18. 13 ill) against all the fenced cities of J.
18. 14 king of J. sent to the king of Assyria to
18. 14 appointed unto Hc/.ckiah kiimof .1. three
18. i - which II vckiah kmvot .1 had overlaid
18. 32 hath said to J. and Jerusalem, Ye shall
19.10 Thus shall ye speak to He/.ckhih king of J.
19. 30 remnant that is escaped of the house of J.
30. 30 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
31. ii king of J. hath done these abominations
31. u hath made J. also to sin with lus idol.
91. I.- bringiiiK (such) evil upon Jerusalem . .J.
3i. if) beside his sin wherewith be made J. to
31. 17, 25 lx>k of the chronicles of the ki. of J.T
33. i ; for me. and for the people, and for all J.
32. 10 the hook which the king of J hath read
33. 18 the king of J., which sent you to enquire
33. i all the elders of .I. and of Jerusalem
33. 3 the men of J. and all the inhabitants of
93. 5 kings of J. had ordained to burn incense
93. 5 in the high places in the cities of J., and
93. 8 ftll the priests out of the cities of J., and
93. ii that the kings of J. had given to the sun
33. 12 altars, .which the kings of J. had made
93. 17 of the man of Cod, which came from J.
2 ;. .-. the kinds of Israel, nor of the kiims of J.
33. .-4 spied in the land of J. and in Jerusalem
33. 20 his anger was kindled against.)., because
33. 27 1 will remove J. also out of my sight, as
93. 28 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
34. : sent them against J. to destroy it, accor.
24. 3 the commandment, .came (this) upon J.
24. 5 book of the chronicles of the kings of J.?
34. 12 the king of J. went out to the king of
34. 3o came to pass in Jerusalem and J., until
35. 21 So J. was carried away out of tin ir land
25. 33 people that remained in the land of J.
25. 37 the captivity of Jehoiachin king of J.
35. 37 lift up the head of Jehoiachin king of J.
t Ch. 4. 41 came in the days of lle/ekiah king of J.
5. 17 genealogies in . .days of Jothnm king of J.
t>. 15 the LORD carried away J. and Jerusalem
9. i in the book of the kings of Israel and J.
21. 5 J. (was) four hundred threescore and ten
3 Ch.io. 17 of Israel that dwelt in the cities of J.
ii. i gathered of the house of J. and Henjamin
ii. 3 king of J., and to all Israel in J. and lien,
ii. 5 Rehoboam . . built cities for defence in J.
ii. 10 (are) in J. and in Henjamin fenced cities
ii. 12 strong, having J. and Henjamin on his side
ii. 14 came to J. and Jerusalem : for Jeroboam
11.17 they strengthened the kingdom of J., and
ii. 23 all the countries of J. and Ik njamiiu, unto
2. 4 the fenced cities which (pertained) to J.
2. 5 (to) the princes of J., that were gathered
2. 12 turned, .and also in J. things went well
3. i Now. .began Abijah to reign over J.
3. 13 they were before J., and the ambushmeut
13. 14 when J. looked back, behold, the battle
13. 15 of J. gave a shout : and as the men of J.
13. 15 smote, .all Israel before Abijah and J.
13. 16 the children of Israel fled before J.: and
13. iS the children of J. prevailed, because they
14. 4 commanded J. to seek the LORD God of
14. 5 he took away out of all the cities of J.
14. 6 he built fenced cities in J. : for the land
14. 7 he said unto J., Let us build these cities
14. 8 Asa had. .out of J. three hundred thous.
14. 12 the Ethiopians before Asa, and before J.
15. 2 Hear ye me, Asa, and all J.and Benjamin
15. 8 out of all the land of J. and Benjamin
15. 9 he gathered all J. and Hcnjaniin. and the
15. 15 J. rejoiced at the oath : for they had sworn
ic. i king of Israel came up against J., and
16. i none go out or come in to Asa king of J.
16. 6 king took all J . ; and they carried away
16. 7 the seer came to Asa king of J., and said
16. ii in the book of the kings of J. and Israel
17. 2 of J., and set garrisons in the land of J.
17. 5 J. brought to Jehoshaphat presents ; and
17. 6 took, .the high places and groves out of J.
17. 7 to Michaiah. to teach in the cities of J.
17. 9 they taught in .)., and (had) the book of
17. Q went about throughout all the cities of J.
17. 10 of the lands that (were) round about J.
17. 12 he built in J. castles, and cities of store
17. i} he had much business in the cities of J.
17. 14 Of J., the captains of thousands ; Adnah
17. 19 put in the fenced cities throughout. .J.
18. j king of Israel said unto, .king of J., Wilt
18. 9 king of Israel and Jehoshaphat king of J.
18. 28 the king of .1. went up to R.-tnioth-gihad
19. i the king of J. returned to his house in
19. 5 thronciiont all the fenced cities of J.
19. ii Zebadiah . .the ruler of the house of J.
9o. 3 and proclaimed a fast throughout all J.
so 4 J. gathered themselves together to ask
ao. 4 out of all the cities of .T. tney came to
30. 5 in the congregation of J. and" Jerusalem
so. 13 J. stood before the Lour., with their little
30. 15 Hearken ye, all J.. and ye inhabitants of
so. 17 see. .salvation of the LcKi> with xou. O J.
30. 18 J. and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell
30. 30 O J.. and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem
30. 33 children of Ammon. .were come against J.
s C9i.zo. 24 when J. came toward the watch tower
20. 27 they returned, every man of J. and Jenis.
20. 31 And Jehoshaphatreignedover.J.,(Hu was;
20. 35 after this did Jehoshaphat king of J. join
21. 3 precious things, with fenced cities In J.
21. 8 revolted from under the dominion of J.
21. 10 revolted from under the hand of J. unto
21. ii made high places in the mountains of J.
21. ii commit fornication, and compelled J.
2:. 12 father, nor in the ways of Asa king of J.
21 13 made J. and the inhabitants of Jerusalem
21. 17 they came up into J., and brake into it
22. i the son of Jehoram king of J. reigned
22. 6 the son of Jehoram king of J. went down
22. 8 found the princes of J., and the sons of
22. 10 all the seed royal of the house of J.
23. 2 they went about in J., and gathered the
23. 2 Levites out of all the cities of J., and
23. 8 all J. did according to all things that
24. 5 Go out unto the cities of J., and gather
24. 6 bring in, out of J. and out of Jerusalem
24. 9 a proclamation through J. and Jerusalem
24. 17 after the death . .came the princes of J.
24. 1 8 wrath came upon J. and Jerusalem for
24. 23 came to J. and Jerusalem, and destroyed
25. 5 Amaziah gathered J. together, and made
25. 5 captains. .UiroughoutallJ. and Benjamin
25. 10 anger was greatly kindled against J.
25. 12 did the children of J. carry away captive
25. 13 fell upon the cities of J., from Samaria
25. 17 Then Amaziahkingof J.took advice, and
25. 1 8 king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of J.
25. 19 shouldest fall, (even) thou, and J. with
25. 21 J., at Beth-shemesh . .(belongeth) to J.
25. 22 J. was put to the worse before Israel, and
25. 23 the king of Israel took Amaziah king of J.
25. 25 the son of Joash king of J. lived after
25. 26 in the book of the kings of J. and Israel ?
25. 28 buried . . with his fathers in the city of J.
26. i people of J. took I zziah, who (was) sixteen
26. 2 He built Eloth, and restored it to J., after
27. 4 he built citiesinthe mountains of J., and
27. 7 in the book of the kings of Israel and J.
28. 6 the son of Remaliah slew in J. an hundr.
28. 9 LORD God of your fathers . . wroth with J.
28. 10 purpose to keep under the children of J.
28. 17 the Edomites had come and smitten J.
28. 18 of the low country, and of the south of J.
28. 19 the LORD brought J. low because of Ahaz
28. 19 he made J. naked, and transgressed sore
28. 25 in every several city of J. he made high
28. 26 in the book of the kings of J. and Israel
29. 8 wrath of the LORD was upon J. and Jeru.
29. 21 kingdom, and for thesanctuary, andforJ.
30. i Hezekiah sent to all Israel and J., and
30. 6 his princes throughout all Israel and J.
30. 12 in J. the hand of God was to give them
30. 24 king of J. did give to the congregration a
30. 25 the congregation of J., with the priests
30. 25 the strangers, .that dwelt in J., rejoiced
31. i Israel, .went out to the cities of J., and
31. i the altars out of all J. and Benjamin, in
31. 6 Israel and J., thatdwelt inthe cities of J.
31. 20 thus did Hezekiah throughout all J., and
32. i entered into J., and encamped against
32. 8 upon the words of Hezekiah king of J.
32. 9 unto Hezekiah king of J., and unto all J.
32. 12 commanded J. and Jerusalem, saying, Ye
32. 23 brought . .presents to Hezekiah king of J.
32. 25 wrath upon him, and upon J. and Jerus.
32. 32 in the book of the kings of J. and Israel
32. 33 J. and the inhabitants of Jerusalem did
33. 9 Manasseh made J. and the inhabitants of
33. 14 captains, .in all the fenced cities of J.
33. 1 6 and commanded J. to serve the LORD God
34. 3 in the twelfth year he began to purge J.
34. 5 And he. .cleansed J. and Jerusalem
34. 9 remnant of Israel . . of all J. and Benjamin
34. n houses which the kings of J. had destroy.
34. 21 them that are left in Israel and in J.
34. 24 they have read before the king of J.
34. 26 the king of J., who sent you to enquire of
34. 29 gathered, .all the elders of J. and Jerus.
34. 30 men of J ., and the inhabitants of Jerusal.
35. 1 8 all J. and Israel that were present, and
35. 21 What have I to do with thee. .king of J.?
35. 24 all J. and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah
35. 27 in the book of the kings of Israel and J.
36. 4, 10 his brother king over J. and Jerusalem
36. 8 in the book of the kings of Israel and J.
36. 23 an house in Jerusalem, which (is) in J.
Ezra 2. i came again unto Jerusalem and .(., every
4. i the adversaries of J. and Benjamin heard
5. i prophesied unto the Jews that (were) in J.
7. 14 to enquire concerning J. and Jerusalem
9. 9 to give us a wall in J. and in Jerusalem
I*rov25. i the men of Hezekiah king of J. copied
!*, i. i which he saw concerning J. and Jerusal.
1. i Jotham, Ahaz, (and) Hezekiah, kingsof J.
2. i Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning.!.
3. i from J. the stay and the staff, the whole
3. 8 For Jerusalem is ruined, and J. is fallen
5. 3 men of J., judge, I pray you, betwixt me
5. 7 and the men of J. his pleasant plant : and
7. i son of Jotham . .son of Uzziah, king of J.
7. 6 Let us go up against J., and vex it, and
7. 17 the day that Ephraim departed from J.
8. 8 he shall pass through J. ; he shall overfl.
9. 21 they together (shall be) against J. For all
n. 12 gather together the dispersed of J. from
ii. 13 the adversaries of J. shall be cut off
ii. 13 Ephraim shall not envy J., and J. shall
Isa. 19. 17 land of J. shall be a terror unto Egypt
22. 8 he discovered the covering of J., and
22. 21 of Jerusalem, and to the house of J.
26. i shall this song be Rung in the land f J.
36. i up against all the defenced cities of J.
36. 7 and said to J. and to Jerusalem, Ye shall
37. 10 Thus shall ye speak to Hezekiah king of J.
37. 31 remnant that is escaped of the house of J.
38. 9 The writing of Hezekiah king of J., when
40. 9 say unto the cities of J., Behold your God
44. 26 to the cities of J., Ye shall !.- built, and
48. i are come forth out of the waters of J.
65. 9 out of J. an inheritor of my mountains
Jer. . 2 days of Josiah the son of Amon king of J.
. 3 of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
. 3 of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of J.
. 15 shall come . .against all the cities of J.
. 1 3 against the kings of J., against the princes
2. 28 the number of thy cities are thy gods, OJ.
3. 7 And her treacherous sister J. saw (it)
3. 8 J. feared not, but went and played the
3. io J. hath not turned unto me with her wh.
3. ii justified herself more than treacherous J.
3. 1 8 house of J. shall walk with the house of
4. 3 thus saith the LORD to the men of J. and
4. 4 ye men of J. and inhabitants of Jerusalem
4. 5 Declare ye in J., and publish in Jerusalem
4. 16 give out their voice against, .cities of J.
5. ii house of Israel and the house of J. have
5. 20 Declare this, .and publish it in J., saying
7. 2 (ye of) J., that enter in at these gates to
7. 17 Seest . .not what they do in the cities of J
7. 30 the children of J. have done evil in my
7. 34 I cause to cease from the cities of J.
8. i bring out the bones of the kings of J.
9. ii and I will make the cities of J. desolate
9. 26 J., and Edom, and the children of Amm.
10. 22 to make the cities of J. desolate, (and) a
11. 2 and speak unto the men of J., and to the
: : . 6 Proclaim . . these words in the cities of J.
ii. 9 conspiracy is found among the men of J.
ii. io house of Israel and the house of J. have
ii. 12 Then shall the cities of J. and inhabitants
ii. 13 number of thy cities were thy gods, O J.
ii. 17 house of Israel, and of the house of J.
12. 14 pluck out the house of J. from among
13. 9 this manner will I mar the pride of J.
13. ii house of Israel and the whole house of J.
13. 19 J. shall be carried away captive all of
14. 2 J. mourneth, and the gates thereof lang.
14. 19 Hast thou utterly rejected J. ? hath thy
15. 4 Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of J
17. i The sin of J. (is) written with a pen
17. 19 whereby the kings of J. come in, and by
17. 20 ye kings of J., and all J., and all the
17. 2; men of J., and the inhabitants of Jerusa.
17. 26 they shall come from the cities of J., and
18. ii speak to the men of J. . .to the inhabit.
19. 3 kings of J., and inhabitants of Jerusalem
19. 4 fathers have known, nor the kings of J.
19. 7 make void the counsel of J. and Jerusalem
19. 13 the houses of the kings of J., shall be
20. 4 I will give all J. into the hand of the
20. 5 the treasures of the kings of J. will I
21. 7 I will deliver Zedekiah king of J., and
2T. ii And touching the house of the king of J.
22. i Go down to the house of the king of J
22. 2 Hear the word of the LORD, O king of J.
22. 6 saith the LORD unto the king s house of J.
22. ii Shallum the son of Josiah king of J., wh.
22. 1 8 Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
22. 24 though Coniah. .king of J. were the signet
22. 30 no man . . shall pros. . . ruling any more in J.
23. 6 In his days J shall be saved, and Israel
24. i carried away captive Jeconiak .. king of.T.
24. i princes of J., with the carpenters and sni.
24. 5 them that are carried away captive of J
24. 8 So will I give Zedekiah the king of J , and
25. i that came . . concerning all the people of J
25. i Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
25. 2 Jeremiah . . spake unto all the people of J.
25- 3 year of Josiah the son of Amon king of J
25. 1 8 Jerusalem, and the cities of J. . .to make
26. i Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
26. 2 Stand . .and speak unto all the cities of J.
26. io When the princes of J. heard these things
26. j 8 prophesied in the days of . . king of J , and
26. 18 spake to all the people of J., saying, Thus
26. 19 Did Hezekiah king of J. and all J. put him
27. i Jehoiakam the son of Josiah king of J.
27. 3 which come to Jerusalem unto king of J.
27. 12 I spake also to Zedekiah king of J. acco.1
27, 18 are left in. .the house of the king of J.
27. 20 king of J. . .and all the nobles of J and
27. 21 remain, .(in) the house of the king of J.
28. i the beginning of the reign of. .king of J.
28. 4 I will bring again . . Jeconiah . . king of J.
28. 4 all the captives of J., that went into Ba.
29. 2 After, .the princes of J . .were departed
29. 3 whom Zedekiah king of J. sent unto Bab.
29. 22 a curse by all the captivity of J. which
30. 3 that I will bring again the captivity of ..J.
30. 4 words that the LORD spake concerning. . J.
31. 23 As yet they shall use this speech in. . J.
31. 24 there shall dwell in J. itself, .husbandmen
31 27 that I will sow the house, .of J. with the
31. 31 niake anewcovenant with the house of . . J.
32. i in the tenth year of Zedekiah king of J.
32. 2 the prison, which (was) in the king of J. s.
32. 3 For Zedekiah king of J. had shut him up
32. 4 Zedekiah king of J. shall not escape out
32. 30 For the children, .of J. have only done
Jer. 32. 32 of all the evil, .of the children of J., wh.
32. 32 the men of J., and the inhabitants 32.3$.
32. 44 take witnesses, .in the cities of J., and in
33. 4 houses of the kings of J., which are thro.
33. 7 I will cause the captivity of J. . .to return
33. io without beast, (even) in the cities of J.
33. 13 in the cities of J , shall the flocks pass
33. 14 which I hare promised . . to the house of J.
33. 16 In those days shall J. be saved, and Jer.
34. 2 Go and speak to Zedekiah king of J , and
34. 4 Yet hear the word . . O Zedekiah king <>t J.
34. 6 all these words unto Zedekiah king of J. in
34. 7 against all the cities of J. that were left
34. 7 these, .cities remained of the cities of J.
34. 19 The princes of J., and the princes of Jer.
.34. 21 Zedekiah king of J.. will I give into the
34. 22 I will make the cities of J. a desolation
33. i Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
35. 13 Go and tell the men of J., and the in hah.
35. 17 Behold, I will bring upon J. . all the evfl
36. i, Q Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
36. 2 that I have spoken unto thee. .against J
36. 3 It may be that the house of J. will hear
36. 6 also thou shalt read. .in the ears of all J.
36. 9 that came from the cities of J. unto Jem.
36. 28 which Jehoiakim the king of J. hath bur.
36. 29 And thou shalt say to Jehoiakim king of J.
36. 30 saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of J.
36. 31 I will bring, upon the men of J., all
36. 32 book which Jthoiakim king of J. had I/O.
37. i whom, .kingof Babylon made king in. .J.
37. 7 Thus shall ye say to the king of J., tliat
38. 22 women that are left in the king of J. s h.
39. i In the ninth year of Zedekiah king of J.
39. 4 when Zedekiah the king of J. saw them
39. 6 king of Babylon slew all the nobles of J.
39. io which had nothing, in the land of J.
40. i all that were carried away captive of . . J.
40. 5 hath made governor over the cities of J.
40. ii kin; of Babylon had left a remnant of J.
40. 12 EvpnalJ the Jews, .came to the land of J.
40. 15 that all the Jews, .and the remnant in J.
42. 15 hear the word, .ye remnant of J.; Thus
42. 19 O ye remnant of J.; Go ye not into Egypt
43. 4 obeyed not. .to dwell in the hind of J
43. 5 Johanan. .took all the remnant of J.
43. 5 were returned . .to dwell in the land of J.
43. 9 Take great stones, .in. .sight of . .men of J.
44. 2 I have brought . .upon all the cities of J.
44. 6 my furj - -was kindled in the cities of J.
44. 7 cut off from you man and woman . . out ofJ
44. 9 forgotten . . wickedness of the kings of 3.
44. 9 they have committed in the land of J., and
44. ii set my face against you. .to cut off all J.
44. 12 I will take the remnant of J., that have
44. 14 none of the remnant of J., which are gone
44. 14 they should return into the land of J.
44. 17, 21 in the cities of J.,and in the streetaof
44. 24 Hear, .all J. that (are) in the land of Eg.
44. 26 all J. that dwell in the land of Egypt
44. 26 be named in the mouth of any man of J.
44. 27 men of J. that (are) in the land of Egypt
44. 28 the land of J., and all the remnant of J.
44. 30 I gave Zedekiah king of J. into the hand
45. i of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
46. 2 of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of J.
49. 34 beginning of . . reign of Zedekiah king of J.
50. 4 they and the children of J. together, going
50. 20 the sins of J., and they shall not be found
50. 33 the children of J. (were) oppressed toge.
51. 5 not (been) forsaken, nor J. of his God
51. 59 he went with Zedekiah the king of J. into
52. 3 it came Io pass in Jerusalem and J., till
52. io slew also all the princes of J. in Riblah
52. 27 J. was carried away captive out of his
52. 31 of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of J.
52. 31 lifted . .the head of Jehoiachin king of J.
1am i. 3 J. is gone into captivity because of
1.15 hath trodden the virgin . . daughter of J.
2. 2 the strong holds of the daughter of J.
2. 5 increased in the daughter of J. mourning
5. ii They ravished . .maids in the cities of J.
Eze. 4. 6 bear the iniquity of the house of J. forty
8. i the elders of J. sat l*fore me, that the
8. 17 Is it a light thing to the house of J.
9. 9 The iniquity of the house of Israel and J.
21. 20 and to J. in Jerusalem the defenced
25. 3 against the house of J., when they went
25 8 house of J. (is) like unto all the heathen
25. 12 Edom hath dealt against the house of J.
27. 17 J., and the land of Israel, they (were) thy
37. 16 For J., and for the children of Israel his
37. 19 put them with him. .with the stick of J.
48. 7 unto the west side, a (portion for) J.
48. 8 by the border of J., from the east side
48. 22 border of J. and the border of Benjamin
48. 31 of Reuben, one pateof J., one gate of Levi
Dan. i. T year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of J.
i. 2 gave Jehoiakim king of J into his hand
1. 6 the children of J., Daniel, Hananiah, M.
2. 25 I have found a man of the captives of J.
5. 13 of the children of the captivity of J.
6. 13 of the children of the captivity of J
9. 7 to the men of J., and to the inhabitants
Hos. i. i Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz. .Hezekiah, ks. of J.
i. 7 I will have mercy upon thehouseof J.,and
i. ii the children of J. and the children of
4. 15 let not J. offend : and come not ye unto
5. 5 therefore. .J. also shall fall with them
5. io princes of J. were like them that remove
5. 12 moth, and to the house of J. as rottenness
5. 13 saw his sickness, and J. (saw) his wound
JUDAS 556 JUDGE
Hos. 5. 14 as a young lion to thehouseof J.: I, (even)
6. 4 O J., what shall I do unto thee? for your
6. ii O J.,he hath set an harvest for thee, when
8. 14 J. hath multiplied fenced cities : but I
10. 1 1 J. shall plow, (and) Jacob shall break his
11. 12 J. yet ruleth with God, and is faithful
12! 2 The LORD hath also a controversy with J.
Joel 3 . i shall bring again the captivity of J. and
3. 6 The children also of J. . .have ye sold unto
3. 8 sell, .into the hand of the children of J.
3. 18 the rivers of J. shall flow with waters
3. 19 the violence (against) the children of J.
3. 20 J. shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem
Amos i. i he saw. .in the days of I zziah king of J.
2. 4 For three transgressions of J., and for
2. 5 I will send a fire upon J., and it shall
7. 12 flee thee away into the land of J., and
Obad. 12 have rejoiced over the children of J. in
Mic. i. i Jotham, Ahaz,(and) Hezekiah, kings of J.
i. 5 what (are) the high places of J.? (are they)
1. 9 it is come unto J. ; he is come unto tlu j
5. 2 thou be little among the thousands of J.
tfah. i. 15 O J., keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy
Zeph. i. i days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of J.
1.4! will also stretch out mine hand upon .).
2. 7 be for the remnant of the house of J.
Hag. i. i, 14 the son of Shealtiel, governor of J.
2. 2 the son of Shealtiel, governor of J., and
2. 21 Speak to /erubbabel, governor of J., say.
Zech. i. 12 mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of J.
i. 19, 21 (are) the horns which have scattered J.
1. 21 horn over the land of J. to scatter it
2. 12 the LOUD shall inherit J. his portion in
8. 13 O house of J., and house of Israel
8. 15 unto Jerusalem, and to the house of J.
8. 19 be to the house of J. joy and gladness
9. 7 he shall be as a governor in J., and Ekron
9. 13 I have bent J. for me, filled the bow with
10. 3 hath visited his flock the house of J.
;o. 6 I will strengthen the house of J., and I
si. 14 the brotherhood between J. and Israel
12. 2 both against J. (and) against Jerusalem
12. 4 will open mine eyes upon the house of J.
12. 5 the governors of J. shall say in their
2. 6 that day will I make the governors of J.
12. 7 LORD also shall save the tents of J. first
12. 7 do not magnify (themselves) against J.
14. 5 earthquake in. .days of I zziah king of J.
14. 14 J. also shall fight at Jerusalem : and the
14. 21 every pot in Jerusalem and in J. shall be
Mai. 2. ii J. . .dealt treacherously, and an abomin.
2. ii J. hath profaned the holiness of the LORD
3. 4 shall the offering of J. and Jerusalem
The following localities were in the territory of Judah :
Achzib, Adadah, Adar, Adithaim, Adoraim, Adullam,
Ain, Amam, Anab, Anim, Aphekah, Arab, Aroer, Aruboth,
Ashan, Ashdod, Ashnah, Athach, Azal, Azchah,
Azem, Azmaveth, Baalah, Bealoth, Berachah, Bethanoth,
Beth-dagon, Beth-ezel, Beth-gader, Beth-lehem
Ephratah, Beth-palet, Beth-shemesh, Beth-tappuah,
Beth-zur, Bizjothjah. Boscath, Gaboon, Cain, Caleb-
Ephratah. Carmel, Chesalon, Chezib, Dannah, Debir,
Dilean, Eder, Eglou, Eltekon, En-gannim, Engedi,
Enam, Ephes-dammim, Ephron, Eshean, Eshtemoa,
Etam, Gederoth, Gederothaim, Gedor, Gibeah, Giloh,
Gimzo, Goshen, Hadashah, Halhul, Hareth. Hazaraddar,
Hazar-gaddah, Hazezon-tamar, Hazor, Hadattah,
Hebron, Heshmon, Holon, Hnintah. Ithnan, Jim, Jabez,
Jalmeel, Jabneh, Jagur, Janam, Jarmuth, Jattir, Jekabzeel,
.Tiphtah, .Tokdeam, Joktheel, Jorkeam, Juttah,
Karkaa, Kedesh, Keilah, Kerioth, Kinah, Kirjath-arba,
Kirjath-jearim, Kirjath-sannah or -sepher, Kithlish,
Lachish, Lahmam, Lecah, Libnah, Lod, Maarath,
Madmen, Makkedah, Mamre, Maon, Mareshah, Mekonah,
Middin, Migdal-gad, Mizpah, Naamah, Nebo,
Netophah, Nezib, Nibshan, Kabbah, Rachal, Rechah,
Rimmon, Sansannah, Saphir, Secacah, Seir, Senaah,
Shaaraim, Shamir, Sheba, Shema, Shieron, Shilhim,
Shocho, Sorek, Tappfiah, Tekoa, Telaim, Telern, Timnah,
Zaanan, Zanoah, Zeiian, Zephathah, Ziklag, Zior,
4. An ancestor of Kadmiel who helped to rebuild the
temple. B.C. 535.
Ezra 3. 9 Kadmielandhissons, the sons of J.,toge
5. A Levite who had taken a strange wife. B.C. 457.
Ezra 10. 23 same (is) Kelita, Pethahiah, J., and Eliezer
6. A Benjamite, son of Senuah ; the second in authority
over Jerusalem in the days of Nehemiah. B.C. 446-434
Neh.n. 9 J. the son of Senuah (was) second over
7. A Levite who came up with Zerubbabel. B.C. 536.
Neh. 12. 8 J., (and) Mattaniah, (which was) over the
8. A prince of Judah. B.C. 445-
Neh. 12. 34 J.,and Benjamin, andShemaiah, and Jer
9. A priest and musician. B.C. 445.
N eh. 12. 36 J., Hanani, with the musical instruments
JU -DAS. J0 -DA, JTTDE, JouSay.
1. A disciple, sin-named Iscariot, who betrayed his Mas
ter and then hanged himself.
Matt 10. 4 and J. Iscariot, who also betrayed him
26. 14 J. Iscariot, went unto the chief priests
26. 25 J., which betrayed him, answered and
26. 47 J., one of the twelve, came, and with hin
27. 3 J., which had betrayed him, when he saw
Mark 3. 19 And J. Iscariot, which also betrayed hiir
14. 10 J. Iscariot, one of the twelve, went unto
14. 43 cometh J., one of the twelve, and with
Luke 6. 16 J. Iscariot, which also was the traitor
32. 3 entered Satan into J. surnamed Iscariot
Luke22. 47 J., one of the twelve, went before them
22. 48 J., betrayest thou the Son of man with a
John 6. 71 He spake of J. Iscariot (the son) of Simon
12. 4 J. Iscariot, Simon s (son), which should
13. 2 having, .put into the heart of J. Iscariot
13. 26 he gave (it) to J. Iscariot. (the son) of S.
13. ?.<) because J. had the bag, that Jesus had
18. 2 J. also, which betrayed him, knew the
18. 3 J. then, having received a band (of men)
18. 5 J. also, which betrayed him, stood with
Acts i. 16 spake before concerning J., which was
1. 25 from which J. by transgression fell, that
I. One of the brothers of Jesus.
Matt 1 3. 55 brethren, James, and Joses, and. . J.
Mark 6. 3 of James, and Joses, and of J., and Simon?
5. The brother of James and writer of an epistle known
)y his name, " Jl DE."
Luke 6. 16 And J. (the brother) of James, and . .Is.
Acts i. 13 Simon.Zelotes, and J. (the broth. )ofJames
Jude i J., the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother
4. An apostle (not Iscariot), supposed to be Lebbeus or
Johni4. 22 J. saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord
>. A Galilean who stirred up sedition shortly after the
irth of Jesus.
Acts 5. 37 rose up J. of Galilee in the days of the
C. One with whom Paul lodged in Straight St., Damascus.
Acts 9. ii enquire in the house of J. for (one) called
". The prophet surnamed Barsabas, sent with Silas to
\ntioch by the Apostles, to convey their decree regardng
Acts i. 22 J. surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief
15. 27 We have sent therefore J. and Silas, who
JU-DE -A. JEW -RY, lovSaia.
Another name or form of the name ot the land of Judah,
Ezra 5. 8 we went into the province of J., to the
Dan. 5. 13 whom the king my father brought out of J.?
Matt. 2. i Jesus was born in Bethlehem of J., in the
2. 5 In Bethlehem of J. : for thus it is written
2. 22 Archelaus did reign in J. in the room of
3. i Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of J.
3. 5 J., and all the region round about Jordan
4. 25 and (from) J., and (from) beyond Jordan
19. i came into the coasts of J. beyond Jordan
24. 16 let them, .in J. flee into the mountains
Mark i. 5 there went out unto him all the land of J.
3. 7 great multitude from Galilee, .and from J.
10. i cometh into the coasts of J. by the farther
13. 14 them that be in J. flee to the mountains
Luke i. 5 was, in the days of Herod the king of J., a
1. 65 were noised abroad throughout all. . J.
2. 4 Joseph also went up from Galilee . . into J.
3. i Pontius Pilate being governor of J., and
5. 17 which were come out of every town of . . J.
6. 17 a great multitude of people out of all J.
7. 1 7 this rumour . . went forth throughout all J.
21. 21 let them which are in J. flee to the moun.
23. 5 He stirreth up . . teaching throughout . . J.
John 3. 22 came Jesus, .into the land of J.; and th.
4. 3 He left J. , and departed again into Galilee
4. 47 heard that Jesus was come out of J. into
4. 54 when he was come out of J. into Galilee
7. i forhe would not walk in J., because the
7. 3 Depart hence, and go into J., that thy dis.
n. 7 after that saith he. .Let usgointo J. again
Acts i. 8 shall be witnesses unto me. .in all J., and
2. 9 the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in J.
2. 14 Yemen of J... be this known unto you, and
8. i were all scattered abroad throughout. . J.
9. 31 had the churches rest throughout all J.
10. 37 which was published throughout all J.
11. i apostles and brethren that were in J. heard
11. 29 to send relief unto the brethen. .in J.
12. 19 And he went down from J. to Cesarea, anc
15. i certain men which came down from J.
21. 10 there came down from J. a certain prop
26. 20 and throughout all the coasts of J.. and
28. 21 We neither received letters out of J. con
Rom 15. 31 That I may be delivered from them, .in J
2 Co. i. 1 6 of you to be brought on my way toward J
Gal. i. 22 unto the churches of J. which were in Ch
i Th. 2. 14 the churches of God which in.T. are in Ch
I.--! judge, discerner, }^ dayyan.
i Sa. 24. 15 LORD therefore be judge, and judge betw
Ezra. 7. 25 set magistrates and judges, which may ju
Psa. 68. 5 a judge of the widows, (is) God in his hoi)
2.A judge, sifter, S ^p palil.
Exochi. 22 and he shall pay as the judges (determine
Deut.32. 31 even our enemies themselves (being) jud
Job 31. ii an iniquity (to be punished by) the judge
Job 31. 28 an iniquity (to be punished by) the judg
4.Tojwlge, art as a magistrate, BS^ slutphat.
Gen. 18. 25 Shall not the Judge of all the earth do
Exod. 2. 14 Whomade thee a prince and a judge over
Num 25. 5 Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay
Deut. i. 16 I charged your judges at that time, saying
16. 18 Judges and officers shalt thou make thet
17. 9 unto the judge that shall be in those day
17. 12 will not hearken, .unto the judge, even
19. 17 before the priests and the judges which
19. 18 the judges shall make diligent inquisition
at. 2 thy elders and thy judges shall come fo
Deut25- 2 that the judge shall cause him to .lie do.
Josh. 8. 33 all Israel, .and their judges, stood on this
23. 2 fortheir judges, and for their officers, and
24. i for their heads, and for their judges, and
Judg. 2. 16 LORD raised up judges, which delivered
2. 17 yet they would not hearken unto their j.
2. 1 8 And when the LORD raised them up judges
a. 18 then the LORD was with the judge, and de.
1. 18 delivered them, .all the days of the judge
2. 19 it came to pass, when the judge was dead
11.27 LORD the Judge be judge this daybetweeu
Ruth i. i it came to pass in the days when the ju.
1 Sa. 8. i that he made his sons judges over Israel
8. 2 Joel, and. .Abiah. . judges imBeer-sheba
2 Sa. 7. ii I commanded judges, .over my people I.
15. 4 Oh that I were made judge in the land
2 Ki. 23. 22 from the days of the judges that judged I.
1 Ch. 17. 6 spake I a word to any of the judges of Is.
17. 10 since the time that I commanded judges
23. 4 six thousand (were) officers and judges
26. 29 Chenaniah and his sons (were), .for. . jn.
2 Ch. i. 2 to the captains., and to the judges, and
19. 5 he set judges in the land, throughout all
19. 6 said to the judges, Take heed what ye do
Ezra 10. 14 the elders of every city, and the judges
Job 9. 24 he covereth the faces of the judges there.
12. 17 away spoiled, and maketh the judges fo.
23. 7 so should I be delivered . .from my judge
Psa. 2. 10 be instructed, ye judges of the earth
50. 6 shall declare, .for God (is) judge himself
75. 7 God (is) the judge : he putteth down one
94. 2 Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth
141. 6 When their judges are overthrown in st.
148. ii Kings..princes, and all judges of the eartl.
Prov. 8. 16 By me princes rule, .all the judges of the
Isa. i. 26 I will restore thy judges as at the first, and
3. 2 the man of war, the judge, and the prop
33. 22 the LORD (is) our judge, the LORD (is) our
40. 23 he maketh the judges of the earth as va.
Dan. 9. 12 spake, .against our judges that judged us
Hos. 7. 7 and have devoured their judges ; all their
13. 10 and thy judges of whom thou saidst. Give
Amos 2. 3 I w-ill cut ott the judge from the midst th.
Mic. 5. i they shall smite the judge of Israel with
7. 3 the judge (asketh) for a reward : and the
Zeph. 3. 3 her judges(are)eveningwolves; they gnaw
5.A judge, judicial functionary, 5i/ca<rr^s dikastes.
Lukei2. 14 Man, who made me [a judge] or a divider
Acts 7. 27 Who made thee a ruler and a judge over
7. 35 Who made thee a ruler and a judge? the
6. A judge, critic, Kpniis krites.
Matt. 5. 25 deliver thee to the judge, and the judge
12. 27 therefore they shall be your judges
Luken. 19 therefore shall they be your judges
12. 58 he hale thee to the judge, and the judge
1 8. 2 There was in a city a judge, which feared
18. 6 Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge
Acts 10. 42 ordained of God. .the judge of quick and
13. 20 after that he gave . . judges about the spa.
18. 15 for I will be no judge of such (matters)
24. 10 thou hast been of many years a judge
2 Ti. 4. 8 which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall
Heb. 12. 23 to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits
Jas. 2. 4 and are become judges of evil thoughts?
4 ii thou iirt not a doer of the law, but a jud.
5 . 9 behold, the judge standeth before the door
1. To judge, discern, }"*]
Gen. 15. 14 also that nation . .will I judge : and after.
30. 6 God hath judged me, and hath also heard
49. 16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the
Deut 32. 36 LORD shall judge his people and repent
i Sa. 2. 10 LORD shall judge the ends of the earth
Ezra 7. 25 judges, which may judge all the people
Job 36. 31 For by them judgeth he the poeple; he
Psa. 7. 8 The LORD shall judge the people
9. 8 he shall judge the world in righteousness
50. 4 He shall call . .that he may judge his peo.
S4. i Save me, O God. .judge me by thy stren.
72. 2 He shall judge thy people with righteous.
06. 10 the LORD, .shall judge the people right,
no. 6 He shall judge among the heathen, he
135 14 the LOUD will judge his people,
and he will
Isa. 3. 13 The LORD, .standeth to judge the people
Jer. 5. 28 they judge not the cause, the cause of the
22. 16 He judged the cause of the poor and needy
Zech 3. 7 thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt
2. To make manifest, reason, reprove, n;; yakacli, 5.
Gen. 31. 37 here..that they may judge betwixt us both
3. To judge, sift, execute judgment, V?? palal, 3.
i Sa 2. 25 If one man sin . .the judge shall judge him
Eze. 16. 52 Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters
4. To judge, act a-s a magistrate, Ejy tkaphat.
Gen 16 c said. .theLORDjudgebetweenmeandthee
i. 53 the God of their father, judge betwixt us
Exod. 5. 21 LORD look upon you, and judge : because
1 8. 13 Moses sat to judge the people : and the p.
18. 16 I judge between one and another, and I
18. 22 let them judge the people at all seasons
18 22 but every small matter they shall judge
18. 26 And they judged the people at all seasons
18. 26 every small matter they Judged themseL
Lev. 19. 15 in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neL
Num.35. 24 the congregation shall judge between the
Deut. i. 16 judge righteously between (every) man
16. 18 they shall judge the people with just jud.
25. i that (the judges) may judge tl>em ; then
Judg. 3. 10 and he judged Israel, and went outtowar
JUDGE 557 JUDGMENT
Judg. 4. 4 Deborah, .she judged Israel at that time
10. 2 And ho judged Israel twenty and three
10. 3 anil judged Israel twenty and two years
11.27 LOUD the J mine be judge this day between
12. 7 And Jephthah judged Israel six years
12. 8 after him Ibzan of Beth-lehem judged Isr.
12. 9 and he judged Israel seven years
12. ii a Zebulonite, judged Israel; and he judged
12. 13 after him Abdon. .a Pirathonite, judged
12. 14 and he judged Israel eight years
15. 20 he judged Israel in thedaysof the Philist.
16. 31 and he judged Israel twenty years
1 Sa. 3. 13 I have told him that I will judge his house
4 . 18 And he had judged Israel forty years
7. 6 Samuel judged the children of Israel in M.
7. 15 Samuel judged Israel all the days of his
7. 16 went, .and judged Israel in all those pla.
7. 17 there he judged Israel; and there he built
8. 5 make us a king to judge us like all the
8. 6 when they said, Give us a king to judge
8. 20 that our king may judge us, and go out
24. 12 LOKD judge between me and thee, and
24. 15 judge between me and thee, and see, and
T K.L 3- 9 * Judge tny people, that I may discern
3. 9 who is able to judge this, .sogreatapeop.?
3. 28 of the judgment which the king had judg.
7. 7 a porch for the throne where he might ju.
8. 32 judge thy servants, condemning the wick.
2 Ki. 15. 5 over the house, judging the people of the
23. 22 from the days of the judges that judged
j Ch. 16. 33 LORD, because he cometh to judge the
2 Ch. i. 10 for who can judge this thy people, (that
j. ii that thou inayest judge my people, over
6. 23 judge thy servants, by requiting the wic.
19. 6 ye judge not for man, but for the LORD
20. 12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for
26. 21 over the king s house, judging the people
Job 21. 22 seeing he judgeth those that are high
22. 13 God. .can he judge through the darkclo.?
Psa. 7. 8 judge me, <) LORD, according to my righ.
7. 1 1 God judgeth the righteous, and God is
9. 4 thou satest in the throne judging right
9. 8 he shall judge the world in righteousness
10. 18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed
26. i Judge me, O LORD ; for I have walked in
35. 24 Judge me, LORD my God, according to
43. i Judge me, O God, and plead my cause
51. 4 thou mightest. .be clear when thou judg.
58. i do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men ?
58. ii verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth
67. 4 for thou shalt judge the people righteou.
72. 4 He shall judge the poor of the people
75. 2 When I shall receive. .1 will judge uprig.
82. i Godstandeth. .he judgethamongthegods
82. 2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and ac.
82. 8 Arise, O God, judge the earth : for thou
96. 13 he cometh to judge the earth : he shall j.
98. 9 to judge . .righteousness shall he judge
Prov29. 14 The king that faithfully judgeth the poor
31. 9 judge righteously, and plead the cause of
Eecl. 3. 17 God shall judge the righteous and the w.
Isa. 1.17 judge the fatherless, plead for the widow
1. 23 they judge not the fatherless, neitherdoth
2. 4 he shall judge among the nations, and
5. 3 men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt
11. 3 he shall not judge after the sight of his
ii. 4 with righteousness shall he judge the poor
16. 5 sit. .in the tabernacle of David, judging
51. 5 mine-arms shall judge the people : the
Jer. 5. 28 the right of the needy do they not judge
T i. 20 O LORD of hosts, that judgest righteously
Lam. 3. 59 O LORD, thou hast seen my wrong ; judge
Kze. 7. 3, 8 will judge thee according to thy ways
7. 27 according to their deserts will I judge
ii. 10 will judge you in the border of Israel
ii. ii (but) I will judge you in the border of Is.
16. 38 I will judge thee, as women that break
18. 30 I will judge you, O house of Israel, every
20. 4 Wilt thou judge them, .wilt thou judge
21. 30 I will judge thee in the place where thou
22. 2 wilt thou judge, wilt thou judge the bio.
23. 24 they shall judge thee according to their
23. 36 wilt thou judge Aholah and Aholibah?
23. 45 they shall judge them after the manner
24. 14 according to thy doings, shall they judge
33. 20 O ye house of Israel, I will judge you
34. 17 I judge between cattle and cattle, betw.
-^4. 20 1, will judge between the fat cattle and
34. 22 and I will judge between cattle and cat.
35. ii make myself known, .when I have judg.
36. 19 and according to their doings I judged
44. 24 they shall judge it according to my jud.
Dan. 9. 12 spake, .against our judges that judged
Joel 3. 12 there will I sit to judge all the heathen
Obad. 21 shall come up on mount Zion to judge
Mic. 3. ii The heads thereof judge for reward, and
4. 3 he shall judge among many people, and
5. To judge strictly, afresh, avaKpivcc anakrino.
i Co. 2. 15 But he that is spiritual
- udgeth all things
2. 15 yet he himself is judged of no man
4. 3 that I should be judged of you . . I judge
4. 4 but he that judgeth me is the Lord
14. 24 he is convinced of all, he is judged of all
t.To judge thoroughly, 5 taxpivu diakrino.
i Co. 6. 5 that shall be able to judge between his b.
11.31 For if we would judge ourselves,we should
14. 29 speak two or three, and let the other jud.
7.7V) account, think, riytofjiai twgeomai.
Heb. 1 1 . 1 1 she j udged him faithful who had promised
8. T<> judijf, Kpivta krinii.
Matt. 7. i Judge not, that ye be not judged
7. 2 withwhatjudgmentyejudge.yeshallbej.
19. 28 shall sit. .judging the twelve tribes of Is.
Luke 6. 37 Judge not, and ye shall not l>e judged : co.
7. 43 he said unto him, Thou hast rightl} jud.
12. 57 even of yourselves judge ye not what is ri.
19. 22 Out of thine own mouth will 1 judge thee
22. 30 and sit. .judging the twelve tribes of Isr.
John 5. i>2 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath
5. 30 as I hear, I judge : and my Judgment is
7. 24 Judge not accord, to the appearance, but j.
7. 51 Doth our law judge (any) man before it
8. 15 Ye judge after the tlesh; I judge no man
8. 16 yet if I judge, my judgment is true ; for
8. 26 I have many tilings to say and to judge
8. 50 there is one that seeketh and judgeth
12. 47 if any man . .believe not, I judge him not
12. 47 I came not to judge the world, but to save
12. 48 hath one that judgeth. .the same shall ju.
16. 1 1 because the prince of this world is judged
18. 31 Take ye him, and judge him according to
Acts 4. 19 Whetheritbe right, .tohearken. .judgeye
7. 7 And the nation, .will I judge, said God
13. 46 judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting
1 6. 15 If ye have judged me to be faithful to the
17. 31 day, in the which he will judge the world
23 3 for sittest thou to judge me after the law
24 . 6 would have [judged] according to our law
25. 9 there be judged of these things before me?
25. 10 at Cesar s . . seat, where I ought to be jud.
25. 20 go. .and there be judged of these matters
26. 6 I stand and am judged for the hope of the
Rom. 2. i O man, whosoever thou art that judgest
2. i wherein thou judgest another, thou con.
2. i for thou that judgest doest the same things
2. 3 man, that judgest them which do such
2. 12 as many as. .sinned in the law shall be j.
2. 16 when God shall judge the secrets of men
2. 27 shall not uncircumcision. .judge thee, who
3. 4 mightest overcome when thou art judged
3. 6 for then how shall God judge the world ?
3. 7 more, .why yet am I also judged as a si.?
14. 3 let not him which eateth not ju/him that
14. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man s
14. 10 why dost thou judge thy brother? or why
14. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another
14. 13 but judge this rather, that no man put a
1 Co. 4. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time
5. 3 For I verily, .have judged already, as
5.12 what have I to do to judge them also that
5. 12 do not ye judge them that are within?
5. 13 But them that are without God judgeth
6. i Do ye not know that the saints shall judge
6. 2 and if the world shall be judged by you
6. 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
10. 15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I
10. 29 why is my liberty judged of another, .co.?
11. 13 Judge in yourselves : is it comely that a
ii. 31 For if we would, .we should not be judg.
ii. 32 when we are judged, we are chastened
2 Co. 5. 14 we thus judge, that if one died for all, th.
Col. 2. 16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat
2 Ti. 4. i who shall judge the quick and the dead
Heb. 10. 30 And again, The Lord shall judge his peo.
13. 4 whoremongers and adulterers Godwin j.
Jas. 2. 12 that shall be judged by the law of liberty
4. ii and judgeth his brother, .judgeth the law
4. ii if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer
4. 12 one lawgiver, .who art thou that judgest
i Pe. i. 17 who. .judgeth according to every man s
2. 23 committed (himself) to him that judgeth
4. 5 is ready to judge the quick and the dead
4. 6 they might be judged according to men
Rev. 6. 10 dost thou not judge and avenge our blood
ii. 18 that they should be judged, and that thou
16. 5 and shalt be, because thou hast judged
18. 8 strong (is) the Lord God who judgeth her
19. 2 he hath judged the great whore, which
i^. ii in righteousness he doth judge and make
20. 12 the dead were judged out of those things
20. 13 they were judged every man according to
9. Place ofjudgment, Kptr^ptov kriterion.
i Co. 6. 2 unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
JUDGE, to be a
To judge, act as a magistrate, judge, vsy shaphat.
Gen. 19. 9 came in to sojourn, and he will, .be a ju.
JUDGED, to be
l.Judgment, aotp3 mishpat.
Eze. 16. 38 as women that, .shed blood are judged
2. To be judged, asy shaphat, 2.
Psa. 9. 19 Arise, .let the heathen be judged in thy
37. 33 LORD will not . . condemn him when he is j.
109. 7 When he shall be judged, let him be con.
3. To fall, *?5j naphal, Za [? A.V. palal, 2].
Eze. 28. 23 the wounded shall be judged iu the midst
I. Honourable judges, N,"3n~]l*< adargazeraiya.
Dan. 3. 2, 3 the captains, the judges, the treasurers
I.Gods, those representing God, D nS^ elohim.
Exod2i. 6 his master shall bringhim unto the judges
22. 8 master. . shall be brought unto the judges
22. 9 come before the judges . . whom the judges
3. To judge, act as a magistrate, cy? shaiihat, 3a.
Job 9. 15 (but) I would make supplication to my j.
LJudyment, pi dun [V.L. J i],
Job 19. 29 of the sword, that ye may know, .a judg.
2. Judgment, 1*1 din.
Ezra 7. 26 let judgment be executed speedily upon
Esth. i. 13 manner toward all that knew law and ju.
Job 35. 14 judgment (is) before him ; therefore trust
36. 17 thou hast fulfilled the judgment of the
36. 17 judgment and justice take hold (on thee)
Psa. 76. 8 Thou didst cause judgment to l>e heard
Prov 20. 8 A king that sitteth in the throne of judg.
31. 5 pervert the judgment of any of the aftlic.
Isa. 10. 2 To turn aside the needy from judgment
Dan. 4. 37 whose works (are) truth, and his ways ju.
7. 10 judgment was set, and the books were
7. 22 judgment was given to the saints of the
7. 26 the judgment shall sit, and they shall
3. Taste, oyn taam.
Psa. 1 19. 66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge
4. Place ofjudgment, j^t? middin [R.V. plur. of mad].
Judg. 5. 10 ye that sit in judgment, and walk by the
5. Judgment, 0990 mishpat.
Gen. 18. 19 they shall, .do justice and judgment ; that
Exod2i. i judgments which thou shalt set before
21. 31 according to this judgment shall it be
23. 6 Thou shalt not wrest the judgment of thy
24. 3 Moses came and told . . all the judgments
28. 15 thou shalt make the breastplate of judg.
28. 29 the breastplate of judgment upon his
28. 30 thou shalt put in the breastplate of judg.
28. 30 shall bear the judgment of the children
Lev. iS. 4 Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine
1 8. 5, 26 Ye shall, .keep my statutes, and my j.
19. 15, 35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in jud.
19. 37 all my statutes, and all my judgments
20. 22 Ye shall . . keep all my statutes . . all my ju.
25. 18 ye shall do my statutes, and keep my ju.
26. 15 or if your soul abhor my judgments, so
26. 43 because they despised my judgments, and
26. 46 These (are) the statutes and judgments
JTuni27. ii it shall be unto. .Israel a statute of judg.
27. 21 after the judgment of Urim before the L.
35. 12 stand before the congregation in judgment
35. 24 shall judge, .according to these judgments
35. 29 shall be for a statute of judgment unto you
36. 13 commandments and the judgments which
Deut. i. 17 Ye shall not respect persons in judgment
1. 17 the judgment (is) God s : and the cause
4. i hearken, .unto the statutes and unto. .j.
4. 5 I have taught you statutes and judgments
4. 8 what nation . .that hath statutes and jud.
4. 14 to teach you statutes and judgments, that
4. 45 judgments, which Moses spake unto the
5. i Hear.O Israel, the statutes and judgments
5. 31 the judgments, which thou shalt teach
6. i, 20 statutes, and the judgments, which
7. ii statutes, and the judgments, which I
7. 12 if ye hearken to these judgments, and
8. ii his commandments, and his judgments
10. 18 He doth execute the judgment of the fat.
n. i his judgments, and his commandments
11. 32 to do all the statutes and judgments which;
12. i These (are) the statutes and judgments
16. 18 they shall judge the people with just jud.
16. 19 Thou shalt not wrest judgment ; thou
17. 8 arise a matter too hard for thee in judg
17. 9 they shall show thee the sentence of jud.
17. 1 1 to the judgment which they shall tell thee-
24. 17 Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of
25. i a controversy, .and they come unto judg.
26. 16 to do these statutes and judgments : thou
26. 17 his commandments, and his judgments
27. 19 Cursed (be) he that perverteth the judg.
30. 16 to keep, .his statutes, and his judgments
32. 4 his ways (are) judgment : a God of truth
32. 41 and mine hand take hold on judgment
33. 10 They shall teach Jacob thy judgments
33. 21 justice of the LORD, and his judgments
Josh 20. 6 stand before the congregation for judg.
Judg.4. 5 children of Israel came up to her for jud.
1 Sa. 8. 3 and took bribes, and perverted judgment
2 Sa. 8. 15 David executed judgmentand justice unto
15. 2 when any man. .came to the king for jud.
15. 6 to all Israel that came to the king for ju.
22. 23 For all his judgments (were) before me
1 Ki. 2. 3 his commandments, and his judgments
3. ii asked, .understanding to discern judgm.
3. 28 all Israel heard of the judgment which
3. 28 the wisdom of God (was) in him to do j.
6. 12 if thou wilt, .execute my judgments, and
7. 7 he made a porch . .the porch of judgment
8. 58 his statutes, and his judgments, which
Q. 4 wilt keep my statutes and my judgments
10. 9 made he thee king, to do judgment and
11. 33 (to keep) my statutes and my judgments
20 40 So (shall) thy judgment (be); thyself hast
2 Ki. 25. 6 the king, .and they gave judgment upon
1 Ch. 16. 12 his wonders, and the judgments of his
16 14 our God; his judgments (are) in all the
18. 14 David reigned, .and executed judgment
22. 13 to fulfil the statutes and judgments which
28. 7 to do my commandments and my judgm.
2 Ch. 7. 17 shalt observe my statutes and my judgm.
9. 8 made he thee king over them, to do jud.
19. 6 for the LORD, who (is) with you in the ju.
19. 8 for the judgment of the LORD, and for con.
19. 10 law and commandment, statutes and jud.
Ezra 7. 10 to teach in Israel statutes and judgments
Neh. i. 7 northe statutes, nor the judgments, which
JUDGMENT 558 JUDGMENTS
Neh. 9. 13 right judgments, and true laws, good st.
Neh. 9. 13 right judgments, and true laws, good st.
9. 29 but sinned against thy judgments, which
io. 29 anddoall. . his judgments and his statutes
Job 8. 3 Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the
9. 19 and if of judgment, who shall set me a
9. 32 (and) we should come together in judgm.
14. 3 and bringest me into judgment with thee?
19. 7 I am not heard : I cry aloud, but. .no ju.
22. 4 reprove .. will he enter with thee into ju. ?
27. 2 God liveth, (who) hath taken away my ju.
29. 14 my judgment (was) .is a robe and a dia<l.
32. 9 neither do the ageu understand judgment
34. 4 Let us choose to us judgment : let us kn.
34. 5 Job hath said. .God hath taken away my j.
34. 12 neither will the Almighty pervert judgm.
34. 23 that he should enter into judgment with
37. 23 excellent in power, and in judgment, and
40. 8 Wilt thou also disannul my judgment?
Psa. i. 5 the ungodly shall not stand in the judgm.
7. 6 awake for me (to) the judgment, .thou
9. 7 he hath prepared his throne for judgment
9. 16 The LORD is known (by) the judgment
io. 5thyjudgments(are). .above out of his sight
18. 22 all his judgments (were) before me, and
19. 9 the judgments of the LORD (are) true
25. 9 The meek will he guide in judgment
33. 5 He loveth righteousness and judgment
35. 23 Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment
36. 6 thy judgments (are) a great deep: OLoRD
37. 6 bring forth . . thy judgment as the noon
37. 28 the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh
37. 30 wisdom, and his tongue talketh of jud.
48. ii let. .Judah be glad, because of thy judg.
72. i Give the king thy judgments, O God, and
72. 2 He shall judge, .thy poor with judgment
76. 9 When God arose to judgment, to save all
89. 14 Justice and judgment (are) the habitation
89. 30 If his children. .walk not in my judgments
94. 15 But judgment shall return unto righteou.
77. 2 righteousness and judgment (are) the hab.
97. 8 rejoiced because of thy judgments, O LORD
99. 4 The king s strength also loveth judgment
99. 4 thon executest judgment and righteous.
101. i I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto
103. 6 TheLoRDexecuteth..judgmentforallthat
. 105. 5 his wonders, and the judgments of his
105. 7 ourGod:hisjudgments(are)inalltheearth
106. 3 Blessed (are) they that keep judgment j in. 7 The works of his hands (are) verity and j.
119. 7 when I shall have learned thy righteous j.
119. 13 With my lips have I declared all the jud.
119. 20 longing, .unto thy judgments at all times
1 19. 30 I have chosen . . thy judgments have I laid
119. 39 Turn away, .for thy Judgment* (are) good
119. 43 take not. .for I have hoped in thy judgm.
119. 52 I remembered thy judgments of old, OLo.
119. 62 I will rise, .because of thy righteous jud.
119. 75 I know, O LOUD, thy judgments(are) right
119. 84 when wilt thou execute judgment on them
119. 102 I have not departed from thy judgments
119. 106 that I will keep thy righteous judgments
119. 108 Accept. .O LORD, and teach me thy jud.
nq. 120 trembleWi. .and I am afraid of thy judg.
119. 121 I have done judgment and justice: leave
119. 137 Righteous, .and upright (are) thy judgm.
119. 149, 156 quicken me according to thy judg.
119. 160 and every one of thy righteous judgments
119. 164 praise, .because of thy righteous judgm.
119. 175 Let my soul live . .let thy judgments help
122. 5 there are set thrones of judgment, the
143. 2 enter not into judgment with thy servant
146. 7 Which exeeuteth judgment for the oppr.
147. 19 He showeth. .his judgments unto Israel
147. 20 his judgments, they have not known them
149. 9 To execute upon them the judgment wri.
iTov. i. 3 To receive the instruction of. .judgment
2. 8 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and
2. 9 righteousness, and judgment, and equity
8. 20 I lead .in the midst of the paths of jud.
13. 23 there is (that is) destroyed for want of j.
16. io his mouth transgresseth not in judgment
17. 23 taketh a gift., to pervert the ways of judg.
1 8. 5 not good, .to overthrow the righteous in j.
19. 28 An ungodly witness scorueth judgment
21. 3 To do justice and judgment (is)more ace.
21. 7 destroy, .because they refuse to do judg.
21. :s (It is) joy to the just to do judgment : but
24. 23 to have respect of persons in judgment
28. 5 Evil men understand not judgment : but
29. 4 The king by judgment establisheth the
29. 26 (every) man s judgment(cometh) from the
SiccL 3. 16 I saw under the sun the placeof judgment
5. 8 violent perverting ofjudgment and justice
8. 5 man s heart discerneth both time and ju.
8. 6 to every purpose there is time and judg.
n. 9 for all. .God will bringthee into Judgment
12. 14 God shall bring every work into judgment
Isa. 1. 17 Learn to do well ; seek judgment, relieve
i, 21 it was full of judgment ; righteousness
i. 27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment
3. 14 The LORD will enter into judgment with
4. 4 by the spirit of judgment, and by the sp.
5. 7 he looked for judgment, but behold opp.
5. 16 LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment
q. 7 to establish it with judgment and with
16. 5 judging, and seekingjudgmsnt, and hast.
26. 8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, OLoRD
26. 9 for when thy judgments (are) in the earth
28. 6 of judgment to him that sitteth in judg.
28. 17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and
30. 18 for the LORD (is) a God of judgment
33. i Behold, .princes shall rule in judgment
Isa. 32. 16 judgment shall dwell in the wilderness
33. 5 he hath tilled /ion with judgment and
34. 5 npon the people of my curse, to judgment
40. 14 taught him in the path of judgment, and
40. 27 my judgmentis passed over frommy<;<d?
41. i speak : let uscome near togetherto judg.
42. i he shall bring forth judgment to the Gen.
42. 3 he shall bring forth judgment unto truth
42. 4 till he have set judgment in the earth
49. 4 my judgment (is) with the LORD, and my
51. 4 I will make my judgment to rest for a
53. 8 He was taken from prison and from jud.
54. 17 tongue (that) shall rise against thee in ju.
56. i Keep ye judgment, and do justice : for
59. 8 and (were is) no judgment in their goings
59. 9 Therefore is judgnu nt far from us, neitn.
59. ii we look for judgment, but (there is) none
59. 14 judgment Uturned away backward, and
59. 15 it displeased him that (there was)no judg.
61. 8 I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery
Jer. i. 16 I will utter my judgments against them
4. 2 The LORD liveth, in truth, in judgment
5. i if there be. .that executeth judgment
5. 4 they know not. . the judgment of theirG.
5. 5 they have known, .the judgment of their
7. 5 if ye throughly execute judgment between
8. 7 my people know not the judgment of the
9. 24 which exercise loving kindness, judgment
10. 24 O LORD, correct me, but with judgment
12. i let me talk with thee of (thy) judgments
21. 12 Execute Judgment in the morning, and
22. 3 Execute ye judgment and righteousness
22. 15 Did not thy father, .do judgment and ju.
23. 5 execute judgment and justice in the ear.
33. 15 execute judgment and righteousness in
39. 5 Hamath, where he gave judgment upon
48. 21 judgment is come upon the plain country
48. 47 bring again . . Thus far (is) the judgment
49. 12 they whose judgment (was) not to drink
51. 9 her judgment reacheth unto heaven, and
52. 9 Hamath ; where he gave judgment upon
Eze. 5. 6 she hath changed my judgments into wi.
5. 6 they have refused my judgments and my
5. 7 neither have kept my judgments, neither
5. 7 have done according to the judgments of
5. 8 will execute judgments in the midst of
11. 12 neitherexecuted.my judgments, but have
18. 8 hath executed true judgment between
1 8. 9 Hath walked . .and hath kept my judgm.
18. 17 hath executed my judgments, hath walk.
20. ii and showed them my judgments, which
20. 13 and they despised my judgments, which
20. 16 Because they despised my judgments
20. 18 neither observe their judgments, nor de.
20. 19 and keep my judgments, and do them
20. 21 neither kept my judgments to do them
20. 24 they had not executedimy judgments, but
20. 25 judgments whereby they should not live
23. 24 I will set judgment before them, and they
23. 24 shall judge thee according to their judg.
34. 1 6 I will destroy. .1 will feed them with ju.
36. 27 and ye shall keep my judgments, and do
37. 24 they shall also walk in my judgments
39. ii all the heathen shall see my judgment
44. 24 they shall judge it according to my judg.
45. 9 execute judgment and justice, take away
Dan. 9. 5 from thy precepts and from thy judgments
Hos. 2. 19 I will betroth thee unto me. .in judgm.
5. i judgment (is) toward you, because ye ha.
5. ii Ephraim (is) oppressed .. broken in judg.
6. 5 thy judgments (are as) the light (that)
io. 4 judgment springeth up as hemlock in the
12. 6 keep mercy and judgment, and wait on
Amos 5. 7 Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and
5. 15 establish judgment in the gate : it may
5. 24 let judgment run down as waters, and
6. 12 ye have turned judgment into gall, and
Mic. 3. i Hear. .(Is it) not for you to know judgine.?
3.8! am full, .of judgment, and of might, to
3. 9 that abhor judgment, and pervert all equi.
Hab. i. 4 judgment doth never go forth, .wrong j.
i. 7 their judgment and their dignity shall
i. 12 LORD, thou hast ordained them for judg.
Zeph. 2. 3 ye meek . . which have wrought his judg.
3. 5 every morningdoth he bring his judgment
3. 15 LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he
Zech. 7. 9 Execute true judgment, and show mercy
8. 16 execute the judgment of truth and peace
Mai. 2. 17 When ye say. .Where (is) the God of ju.?
3. 5 I will come near to you to judgment ; and
4. 4 Remember ye. .the statutes and judgments
^.Judgment, n^? pelilah.
Isa. 16. 3 Take counsel, execute judgment ; make
7 .Judicial, ^h*) pelHi.
Isa. =8. 7 they err in vision, they stumble (in) judg.
8.Judgment, BiEy shephot.
2^Ch.2o. 9 sword, judgment, orpestilence, or famine
Eze. 23. io for they had executed judgment upon her
9. To judge, act as a magistrate, as? sluiphat.
Eze. 44. 24 in controversy they shall stand in judg.
10. Word, matter, -iyj dabar.
2-Ch. 19. 6 for the LORD, who (is) with you in the ju.
II. Perception, sense,intclligencc, alffdi^ffts aisthf.tis.
1 hil. i. q more and more in knowledge and. .judg.
12. Mind, opinion, sentence, yvtanrj gnmnf.
i Co. i. 10 in the same mind and in the same jndg.
7. 25 I give my judgment, as one that hath
7. 40 she is happier if she so abide, after my j.
13.A judicial sentence, StKaiufj.a dikaioma.
Rom. i. 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that
Rev. 15. 4 O Lord, .thy judgments are made manifest
1 ^.Justice, cenyeaiice, oixri dike.
Acts 25. 15 desiring (to have) [judgment] against him
15. Ituy, Tjufpa hemera.
i Co. 4. 3 should be judged of you, or of man s jud.
IQ. Judgment, Kplp.a. krima.
Matt.;. 2 what judgment ye judge, ye shall be j. John 9. 39 For judgment I am come into this world
Acts 24. 25 as he reasoned of. . temperance, and Rom. jud 2. 2 we are sure that the judgment of God is
2. 3 that thou shall escape the judgment of G.!
5. 16 judgment (was) by one to condemnation
ii. 33 how unsearchable (are) his judgments
Gal. 5. io he that troubleth you shall bear his jud
Hob, 6. 2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, .audof.. jud.
1 It. 4. 17 judgment must begin at the house of God
2 Fe. 2. 3 whose Judgment now of a long time
Rev. 17. i the judgment of the great whore that
20. 4 and judgment was given unto them : and
17.Judgment, Kpivts krisis.
Matt. 5. 21, 22 shall be in danger of the judgment
10. 15 shall be more tolerable. . in the day of ju
11. 22, 24 be more tolerable .. at the day of jud.
12. 18 and he shall show judgment to the Gen.
12. 20 till he send forth judgment unto victory
12. 36 shall give account thereof in the day of j.
12. 41 men of Nineven shall rise in judgment
12. 42 queen of the south shall rise up in the j
23. 23 weightier (matters) of the law, judgment Mark 6. n [shall be more tolerable, .in the day of j 1
Lukeio. 14 more tolerable for Tyre andsidonat..ju.
ii. 31 queen of the south shall rise upin the judg.
ii. 32 men of Xineve shall rise up in the judg
11. 42 pass over judgment and the love of God
John 5. 22 hath committed all judgment unto theSon
5. 27 hath given him authority to execute jud.
5- 3 my Judgment is just; because I seek not
7. 24 Judge not. .butjudge righteous judgment
8. 16 if I judge, my judgment is true ; for I am
12. 31 Xow is the judgment of this world : now
16. 8 and of righteousness, and of judgment
16. ii Of judgment, because the prince of this
Acts 8. 33 his humiliation his judgment was taken
2 Th. i. sainanifesttokenoftherighteousjudginent
i Ti. 5. 24 are open beforehand, going before to ju. Heb. 9. 27 once to die, but after this the judgment
io. 27 a certain fearful looking for of judgment
Jas. 2. 13 he shall have judgment without mercy
2. 13 and mercy rejoiceth against judgment
2Pe. 2. 4 delivered.. to be reserved unto judjnm n t
2. 9 reserve the unjust unto the day of judg
3. 7 reserved unto fire against the day of jud
i Jo. 4. 17 we may have boldness in the day of judg. Jude 6 reserved . .unto the judgment of the great
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to con
Rev. 14. 7 Fear..forthehourofhisjudgmentiscome
16. 7 Lord, .true and righteous (are) thy judg.
18. io Alas, .in one hour is thy judgment come
19. 2 For true and righteous (are) his judgments
18. Place ofjudgment, Kpirriptov kriterion.
1 Co. 6. 4 If then ye hare judgments of things per.
JUDGMENT hall, hall of judgment
Praetor s hall, vpaniapiov praitorion.
John 1 8. 28 Then led they Jesus, .unto the hall of ju.
1 8. 28 they, .went not into the judgment hall
18. 33 Pilate entered into the judgment hall
iq. 9 And went again into the judgment hall
Acts 23. 35 commanded him to be kept in H. sjudg. h.
I. Foot print, tribunal, /Sfj^a beina.
Ma27. 19 When he was set down on the judgment s.
Johnig. 13 sat down in the judgment seat in a place
Acts 18. 12 the Jews..brought him to the judgment s.
18. 16 he drave them from the judgment seat
18. 17 and beat (him) before the judgment seat
25. 6 next day, sitting on the judgment seat
25. io I stand at Cesar s judgment seat, where I
25. 17 on the morrow! sat on the judgment seat Rom 14. io stand before the judgment seat of Christ
2 Co. 5. io must all appear before the judgment seat
2.Place ofjudgment, Kpirfip:ov kriterion.
Jas. 2. 6 and draw you before thejudgmentseatsf
Righteousjudgment, SuaumpKrlm dikaiokrisia.
Rom. 2. 5 revelation of the righteous judgment ofG.
JUDGMENT, to do, execute, or minister
1. Tojudge, plead, strive, decide, j^ din.
Psa. 9. 8 he shall minister judgment to the people
2. To judge, adjudge, executejudgment, ty? palal,3.
Psa.ieo. 30 executed judgment: and (so) the plague
3. To visit, inspect, ip? pfiqad.
Jer. 51. 47, 52 that I will do judgment upon the gr.
4.7Y> l>e judged, do judgment, 25^ shaphat, 2.
2 Ch. 22. 8 when Jehu was executing judgment upon
Judgment?, magisterial dedriont, c o*y shtphatim.
Exod.6. 6 with a stretched out arm.. with great ju
7. 4 out of the land of Egypt by great judgm.
JUDITH 559 KABZEEL,
Exodu. 12 ajpinst all the gods. .1 will execute judg.
Mum 33. 4 upon their gods., the LORD executed judg.
2 Ch.24. 24 So they executed Judgment against Joash
Prov 19. 29 Judgments are prepared for scorners, and
Eze. 5 10 I will execute judgments in thee, and the
5. 15 when I shall execute judgments in thee
n. 9 I will bring, .and will execute judgments
14. 21 when I send my.four sore judgments upon
16. 41 execute judgments upon thee in the sight
25. 1 1 I will execute judgments upon Moab ; and
28. 22 when I shall have executed judgments in
28. 26 when I have executed judgments upon all
30. 14 will set lire, .and will execute judgments
30. 19 Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt
JTT -DITH, rvur Jewess.
A daughter of Beeri a Hittite, and wife of Esau. B.C.
Gen. 26. 34 Esau, .took to wife J. the daughter of B.
Juice, D pj; asis.
Song 8. 2 spiced wine of the juice of my pomegran.
A female believer in Rome to whom Paul sent a saluta
Rom 16. 15 Salute Fhilologus, and J., Kerens, and his
A centurion in whose charge Paul was sent to Rome.
Acts 27. i delivered Paul, .unto (one) named J., a
27. 3 J. courteously entreated Paul, and gave
To skip, dance, np/J raqad, 3.
Nah. 3. 2 prancing horses, and of the jumping cha.
JU-NI-A, louj/i os.
This ought to be Juiiias : a believer and kinsman of Paul.
Rom 16. 7 Salute Andronicus and J., my kinsmen
Juniper, broom, crn rothem.
1 Ki.ig. 4 came and sat down under a juniper tree
19. 5 as he lay and slept under a juniper tree
Job 30. 4 Who cut up. .juniper roots (for) their meat
Psa. 120. 4 arrows of the mighty, with coals of juni.
JTJ-PI-TER, Ztvs (i.e. Zeus-pater), father Jove,
The chief Greek and Roman deity.
Acts 14. 12 they called Barnabas, J.; and Paul, Mer.
14. 13 Then the priest of J. . .brought oxen and
JUPITER, which fell down from
What is fallen from Zeus, SioireTTJs diopetes.
Acts 19. 35 of the (image) which fell down from Jup.?
,-1 uthority, privilege, Qovvla. exousia.
Luke 23. 7 knew that he belonged unto Herod s jur.
JU-SHAB HE -SED, npn 3T kindness is returned.
A son of Zerubbabel, of the family of David. B.C. 500.
T (, h. 3. 20 Ohel, and Berechiah, and Hasadiah, J.
I. Right, upright, straight. ~vy] yashar.
Prov.sg. 10 The bloodthirsty hate, .but the just seek
2.Judgment, ?if? mishpat.
Prov 16. 1 1 A just weight and balance (are) the LORD S
3. Right, righteous, just, rigid, p ^s tsaddiq.
Gen. 6. 9 Noah was a just man (and) perfect in his
Deut.32. 4 and without iniquity, just and right (is) he
2 Sa. 23. 3 He that ruleth over men (must be)just, ml.
Neh. 9. 33 thou (art) just in all that is brought upon
Job 12. 4 the just upright (man is) laughed to scorn
27. 17 He may prepare (it), but the just shall put
34. 17 wilt thou condemn him that is most just?
Psa. 7. 9 establish the just : for the righteous God
37. 12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and
Prov. 3. 33 but he blessetli the habitation of the just
4.18 the pathof the just (is) as the shining light
9. 9 teach a just (man), and he will increase
10. 6 Blessings (are) upon the head of the just
10. 7 The memory of the just (is) blessed : but
10. 20 The tongue of the just (is as) choice silver
10. 31 The mouth of the just bringeth forth wis.
11. 9 through knowledge shall the just be del.
1213 lips : but the just shall ome out of trouble
12. 21 There shall no evil happen to the just
13. 22 wealth of the sinner(is) laid up for the just
17. 15 and he that condemneth the just, even
17. 26 Also to punish the just (is) not good, (nor)
1 8. 17 first in his own cause (seemeth) just ; but
20. 7 The just (man) walketh in his integrity
21. 15 (It is) joy to the just to do judgment : but
?4- 16 For a just (man) falleth seven times, and
2. 27 unjust man (is) an abomination to the j.
TSccl. 7. 15 there is a just (man) that perisheth in his
7. 20 not a just man upon earth, that doeth go.
8. 14 there be just (men), unto whom it happen
Isa. 26. 7 The way of the just, .the path of the just
29. 21 turn aside the just for a thing of nought
45. 21 a just God and a Saviour, .none beside me
I .am. 4. 13 that have shed the blood of the just in the
Eze. 1 8. 5 if a man be just, and do that which is law.
18. 9 he (is) just, he shall surely live, saith the
Hos. 14. 9 the just shall walk in them : but the tra.
Amos 5. 12 they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and
Hab. 2. 4 not upright., but the just shall live by his
Zeph. 3. 5 The just LOKI> (is) in the midst thereof
Zech. 9. 9 he (is) just, and having salvation ; lowly
4. Righteousness, pns tsedcq.
Lev. 19 36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah
19. 36 a just hin, shall ye have : I (am) the LORD
Deuti6. 18 they shall judge the people with just jud.
16. 20 That which is altogether just shalt thou
25. 15 thou shalt have a perfect and just weight
25. 15 a perfect and just measure shalt thou have
Eze. 45. 10 just balances, and a just ephah, and a just
5. Finished, perfect, whole, chy shalem.
Prov. ii. i the LORD: but a just weight (is) his delight
G.Just, righteous, Slxcuor dikaws.
Matt. i. 19 Joseph her husband, being a just (man)
5. 45 sendethrain on the just and on the unjust
13. 49 and sever the wicked from amongthe just
27. 19 Have thou nothing to do with that just
27. 24 I arn innocent of the blood of this [just]
Mark 6. 20 knowing that he was a just man and an
Luke i. 17 the disobedient to the wisdom of the just
2. 25 the same man (was) just and devout, wait.
14. 14 recompensed at the resurrection of the j.
15. 7 more than over ninety and nine just per.
20. 20 which should feign themselves just men
23. 50 Joseph a counsellor, .a good man, and aj.
John 5. 30 my judgment is just ; because I seek not
Acts 3. 14 ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and
7. 52 showed before of the coming of the justO.
10. 22 Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and
22. 14 see that Just One, and shouldest hear the
24. 15 of the dead, both of the just and unjust
Rom. 1. 17 as it is written, The just shall live byfaith
2. 13 For not the hearers of the law (are) just
3. 26 that he might be just, and the justifter of
7. 12 the commandment holy, and just, and
Gal. 3. ii evident, for, The just shall live by faith
Phil. 4. 8 whatsoever things (are) just, whatsoever
Col. 4. i give, .that which isjustand equal; know.
Titus i. 8 a lover of good men. .just, holy, temper.
Heb. 10. 38 Sow the just shall live by faith : but if
12. 23 and to the spirits of just men made perf.
Jas. 5. 6 Ye have condemned (and) killed the just
1 Pe. 3. 18 suffered for sins, the just for the unjust
2 Pe. 2. 7 delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy
1 Jo. i. 9 he is faithful and just to forgive us (our)
Rev. 15. 3 just and true (are) thy ways, thou King
T. In justice, according to justice, et/SiKos endikos.
Rom. 3. 8 good may come 1 whose damnation is just
Hcb. 2. 2 disobedience received a just reoompence
JUST, to be
To be right, righteous, just, piy tsadaq.
Job 4. 1 7 Shall mortal man be more just than G od ?
9. 2 but ho .v should man be just with God ?
33. 12 Behold, (in) this thou art not just : I will
JUST, that which is altogether
Right, rightncss, pis tsedeq.
I)euti6. 20 That which is altogether just shalt thou
\.Judgment, o$yo mishpat.
Job 36. 17 judgment and justice take hold (on thee)
2. Right, Tightness, pns tsedeq.
Job 8. 3 or doth the Almighty pervert justice?
Psa. 89. 14 Justice and judgment (are) the habitation
119. 121 I have done judgment and justice: leave
Prov. i. 3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, ju.
8. 15 By me kings reign, and princes decree ju.
Eccl. 5. 8 violent perverting of judgment and just.
Isa. 58. 2 they ask of me the ordinances of justice
59. 4 None calleth for justice, nor. .pleadeth
Jer. 31. 23 O habitation of justice, .mountain of ho.
50. 7 against the LORD, the habitation of just.
2. Right, rightness, njji? tsedaqah.
Gen. 18. 19 to do justice and judgment ; that the Lo.
Deut33. 21 he executed the justice of the LORD, and
2 Sa. 8. 15 judgment and justice unto all his people
i Ki. 10. 9 made he thee king, to do judgment and j.
1 Ch.iS. 14 executed judgment and justice among all
2 Ch. 9. 8 king over them, to do judgment and jus.
Job 37. 23 and in judgment, and in plenty of justice
Prov2i. 3 To do justice and judgment (is) more ace.
Isa. 9. 7 with justice from" henceforth even for ever
56. i Keep ye judgment, and do justice : for
59. 9 neither doth justice overtake us : we wait
59. 14 justice standeth afar off : for truth isfal.
Jer. 22. 15 and drink, and do judgment and justice
23. 5 execute judgment and justice in the earth
Eze. 45. 9 execute judgment and justice, take away
JUSTICE, to do
To declare right or just, piy tsadaq, 5.
2 Sa. 15. 4 come unto me, and I would do him justice
Psa. 82. 3 Defend, .do justice to the afflicted and
1.Judicial sentence, declaration of right, SiKaiai^a.
Rom. 5. 16 the free gift (is) of many offences unto j.
2.A setting right. StKoioxris dikaiiisis.
Rom. 4. 25 and was raised again for our justification
5. 1 8 (came) upon all men unto justification of
JUSTIFIED, to be
To be or become right, p-i? tsadaq.
Job ii. 2 and should a man full of talk be justified ?
13. 18 Behold now. .1 know that I shall be jus.
25. 4 How then can man be justified with God ?
Psa. 51. .[.that thou mightiest be justified when
Psa. 143. 2 in thy sight shall no man living be justi.
Isa. 43. 9 that they may be justified : or let them
43. 26 declare thou, that thou mayest be justified
45. 25 shall all the seed of Israel be justified
JUSTIFIES - -
To make or declare right, diKatow dikaioo.
Rom. 3. 26 the justiflei of him which believeth in J
l.To make or declare right, Plf tsadaq, 3.
Job 32. 2 because he justified himself rather than
33. 32 answer me : speak, for I desire to justify
Jer. 3. ii backsliding Israel hath justified herself
Eze. 16. 51 hast justified thy sisters in all thine aim.
16.52 shame, in that thou hast justified thy sis
2. To make or declare right, piy tsadaq, 5.
Exod23. 7 slay, .not, for I will not justify the wicked
Leut25. i they shall justify the righteous, and con.
1 Ki. 8. 32 justifying the righteous, to give him ace.
2 Ch. 6. 23 and by justifying the righteous, by giving
Job 27. 5 God forbid that I should justify you : till
Prov 17. 15 He that justifteth the wicked, and lie that
Isa. 5. 23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and
50. 8 (He is) near that justifieth me ; who will
53. ii shall my righteous servant justify many
3. To make or declare right, SiKaiota dikaioo.
Matt ii. 19 But wisdom is justified of her children
12. 37 by thy words thou shalt be justified, and
Luke 7. 29 the publicans, justified God, being bapti.
7. 35 But wisdom is justified of all herchildren
10. 29 he, willing to justify himself, said unto J.
1 6. 15 Ye are they which justify yourselves bef.
18. 14 this man went down to his house justified
Acts 13. 39 by him all that believe are justified from
13. 39 from which ye could not be justified by
Rom. 2. 13 but the doers of the law shall be justified
3. 4 That thou mightest be justified in thy s.
3. 20 there shall no flesh be justified in his si
3. 24 Being justified freely by his grace through
3. 28 we conclude that a man is justified by fa.
3. 30 Seeing (it is) one God which shall justify
4. 2 if Abraham were justified by works, he
4. 5 believeth on him that justifieth the ung.
5. i being justified by faith, we have peace
5. 9 being now justified by his blood, we shall
8. 30 whom he called, them he also justified
8. 30 whom he justified, them he also glorified
8. 33 charge of God s elect? (It is) God that ju.
i Co. 4. 4 am I not hereby justified : but he that j.
6. 1 1 are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus
Gal. 2. 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by
z. 16 that we might be justified by the faith of
2.16 by the works of the law shall no flesh be j.
2. 17 if, while we seek to be justified by Christ
3. 8 God would justify the heathen through f.
3. n that no man is justified by the law in the
3. 24 schoolmaster, .that we might be justified
5. 4 whosoever of you are justified by the law
i Ti. 3. 1 6 justified in the spirit, seen of angels, pre.
Titus 3. 7 being justified by his grace, we should be
Jas. 2. 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by
2. 24 how that by works a man is justified, and
2. 25 was not Rahab the harlot justified by wo.
JUSTIFY self, to
To be or become right, pny tsadaq.
Job 9. 20 If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall
JUSTLE one against another, to
To run to and fro, p&? slwqaq, la.
Nah. 2. 4 they shall justle one against another in
l.Judgment, C^S mishpat.
Mic. 6. 8 but to do justly, and to love mercy, and
2. Justly, SiKalws dikaios.
Luke23- 41 we indeed justly ; for we receive the due
i Th. 2. 10 how holily and justly and unblameably
JUS -TUS, loDo-Tor.
1. A surname of Joseph or Barsabas, a disciple nomi
nated with Matthias to succeed Judas Iscariot.
Acts i. 23 And they appointed two. .J., and Matthias
2. A believer in Corinth with whom Paul lodged.
Acts 18. -, entered..a certain (man s)house, named J.
3. A believing disciple in Rome from whom Paul sends
a salutation to the church at Colosse.
Col. 4. ii Jesus, which is called J., who are of the
JUT -TAK. na % ncr.
A Levitical city in Judah ; now called Jutta. See
Josh 15. 55 Maon, Carmel, and Ziph, and J.
21. 16 Ain with her suburbs, and J. with her su.