because they believe not on me; ...
because I go to my Father; ...
Dr. Johnny M. Hunt, Theologian and Religious Leader, was brought into this world by God on July 17, 1952.
Dr. Johnny Hunt is an evangelical
Christian pastor, author, and former President of the Southern Baptist
Convention from 2088-2010.
Dr. Johnny Hunt is currently the senior pastor of First Baptist Church
Woodstock, in Woodstock, Georgia.
Dr. Johnny Hunt is a "Good Ole Southern Boy!" - born in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Dr. Johnny Hunt is a member
of the Lumbee Native American Indian tribe based in North Carolina.
earned degrees from Gardner-Webb College and the Southeastern Baptist
Dr. Hunt has also received:
- An honorary Doctor of Divinity from Immanuel Baptist
Theological Seminary of Sharpsburg, Georgia;
- An honorary Doctor of Sacred
Laws and Letters from Covington Theological Seminary;
- An honorary Doctor of Divinity at Tennessee Temple University;
- The Chair of Church Growth at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary was named in Dr. Hunt’s honor on March 11, 1997.
Dr. Johnny Hunt Family and Career:
Dr. Johnny Hunt is married to Janet Allen Hunt of Wilmington, North
Carolina. They have two daughters: Deanna Hunt Carswell and Hollie Hunt Hixson.
They also have three granddaughters: Katie Carswell, Hope Hixson, and Addie
Hixson. He has one grandson, Carson Carswell.
Dr. Johnny Huntt has held ministry positions at:
- Lavonia Baptist Church, Mooresboro, North Carolina: July 1976-August 1979, while attending Gardner-Webb College.
- Falls Baptist Church, Wake Forest, North Carolina, while attending Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Led the state of North Carolina in Sunday School growth in 1980 while pastoring and attending seminary.
- Longleaf Baptist Church, Wilmington, North Carolina: May, 1981 - December 1, 1986.
- Led the state of North Carolina in baptisms in 1983, 1984, and 1985.
- Became pastor of First Baptist Church of Woodstock, Georgia, December, 1986. During the year of 1987, Pastor Hunt’s first year, 3l8 people were baptized, with additions by letter or statement of over 268.
- Sunday School attendance has increased from an average of 275 in 1986 to presently over 6,000.
- New 7500 theater seat sanctuary completed in August, 2004
- Church membership has increased from 1,027, in 1986, to presently over 20,000 (2012), and are averaging 7,000 in attendance.
- We are currently in our 7500 seat worship center with two morning services and three Sunday schools to accommodate the large attendance.
- Our yearly giving is in excess of $20 million and our total mission giving is just under 4 million. May God be praised for His immeasurable blessings!
- Over 135 missionaries sent out since 1987
- Over 78 mission church starts since 1987
In June 1996, Hunt was named the President of SBC Pastor's
On March 11, 1997, the Johnny Hunt Chair of Biblical Preaching was
established at the Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
In June 2008,
Hunt was elected President of the Southern Baptist Convention, and served in
that capacity for 2 years. He was succeeded by Bryant Wright.
Dr. Johnny Hunt Publications;
Your Leadership Resume: Developing the Legacy that Will Outlast You. B&H
Publishing Group. 2009. ISBN 0-8054-4964-7.
Dr. Johnny Hunt: See also;
Baptist Convention Presidents
Southern Baptist Convention affiliated people
Dr. Johnny Hunt References;
"Georgia minister to lead Baptists". UPI.com. 10 June 2008. Retrieved
12 June 2008.
"About Dr. Hunt". It's A New Day Ministries.
"Bio for Johnny Hunt" Sermon Search, accessed 12 June 2008.
"Pastor Serves Same Church for 25 Years". Retrieved 2011-12-07.
5. ^ Audrey
Barrick (Jun. 16 2010). "Bryant Wright Named New SBC President".
Christian Post Reporter. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
Dr. Johnny Hunt External links;
website of First Baptist Church - Woodstock, Georgia
It'a a New Day Ministries - Official website of Dr. Hunt
Apostle Paul did NOT COPYRIGHT His Work! Neither does NewtonStein!
>> MBF.com Text may be FREELY COPIED by ALL WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS AS THE CHRIST! (Under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, US and International LAW).
>> Please give reference to our WEBSITE as source according to the GOLDEN RULE of JESUS!
>> No Minister-Best-Friend.com TEXT may be used in ANY WAY FOR PROFIT! JESUS says "FREELY ye have received FREELY GIVE!"
** NOTE: Layout, photos, graphics, quotes, books, articles by OTHERS - all such is copyrighted to the owners: MBF.com TEXT IS FREE to Believers who will honor us as the source!
** Thank you and MAY GOD GREATLY BLESS YOUR MINISTRY!
COPYRIGHT (c) 1977 Cambridge Theological Seminary
COPYRIGHT (c) 1965 Cambridge Bible Institute
COPYRIGHT (c) 1953 Cambridge World Evangelism
COPYRIGHT (c) 1945 Cambridge Bible Church
Could you please share your State of Salvation that we may better serve our readers?
At this time, I do not believe Jesus is the Saviour!
I do believe Jesus is the Saviour; I know I have Eternal Life!
I do not believe it is possible to 'Know in this life' if one has Eternal Life;
In 'VERY FEW MINUTES'...you can Know for Certain if you're saved for CERTAIN ...or not! 1 John 5:13
I want to know with CERTAINLY what God's Word declares:
A Second Most Important Question!
Can you explain to a Spouse, a Child or a Friend HOW "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT" - Unearned and Undeserved? Romans 6:23
If not, please read "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT!"
PLEASE, will you name "Ministers-Best-Friend.com" aloud . . .
. . .in Prayer Daily, or as often as you think of us? PLEASE?
Ministers-Best-Friend.com is an Absolute, Bible-Believing, Christian Ministry, seeking to serve the Ministers who serve the LORD JESUS. As such, we provide web-space to a number of Ministries, notably NewtonStein (a Creation-Science-Based Research Group), as well as AMERIPEDIA, BIBLIPEDIA, CHRISTIPEDIA, CATHOLIPEDIA , ISLAMIPEDIA, JUDAEOPEDIA, TEA-PARTY-UNITED, MEDIPEDIA, ETC., ALL BIBLE-BASED!
Obviously, all phases of Christianity do not agree doctrinally or politically and sometimes even disagree on the actual facts concerning a particular scripture, fact, leader, nation or situation, hence there are well over 10,000 denominations extant.
(THAT'S WHY JESUS WARNED US AGAINST GNAT STRAINING!!!)
We neither claim nor present ourselves as having perfect knowledge in all things. Thus views and articles posted on this website are those of their authors – who often insist their identities, denominational, and/or doctrinal persuasion be made known for various reasons – offered to you as wise people of God - Christian Patriots, whatever your nation - to discern for your own judgement and edification.
Thus we trust, hope and pray, that ALL BELIEVERS who look to the Lord Jesus ONLY, to the Word of God ONLY, to "His will (ONLY!) being done on this Earth AS IN HEAVEN"
In the NAME of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Saviour:
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in the NewtonStein, Cambridge Theological Seminary is archived here under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in reviewing the included information for personal use, non-profit research, and educational purposes only.
"Fair Use" Notice:
Contributions from the best scholars in numerous fields are added to Ministers-Best-Friend.com website daily. Such research papers and articles:
* May not represent the views of Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Have not been peer-reviewed by Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Being a global ministry of huge proportions - yet of mostly retired volunteers (locally) - it is not possible to "verify" every piece that is submitted to us.
* There is not - and never has been - any money, checking or savings account, or any other such fund associated with Ministers-Best-Friend.com or Cambridge Theological Seminary.
* The 1,000,000-plus page archive (1-1-2013) of Ministers-Best-Friend.com may or may not contain a tiny amount copyrighted news/political reporting material whose use may or may not have been authorized by the copyright owners;
* To the best of our knowledge we believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the web constitutes a "fair use" of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law).
* If readers wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
* "Fair use" notwithstanding, we will immediately comply with any copyright owner who can show our use of such material is not in compliance with the fair Use law.
Thank You for your part in the Global Ministry of Ministers-Best-Friend.com - as of 1-1-2013 - in nearly 200 nations, approaching 50,000 associated Bible Believing Ministers and over 30,000 Ministries.