(The Oldest Known Inscription of "I.C.T.H.U.S" - Carved-in-Stone - at Ephesus: AD-50?)
"Welcome to CHRISTIPEDIA!™" Understanding the Future According to "HIS WORD", Understanding History - Providentially - as "HIS-STORY!" And Today, From Where We've Been, To Where God's Leading!"
"WIKIPEDIA WARNING! FACT: Wikipedia is the "World's Most-Referenced Resource!" Wiki Founders/Philosophy: ATHEIST-ANTI-CHRISTIAN, ANTI-AMERICAN; We recognize their status, but we URGE you NOT TO TRUST their bias! [SOURCE: See Founder Jimmy Wales on CELEBRATED ATHEIST PAGE]
"CHRISTIPEDIA™ Recommendation! Use Conservapedia, Theopedia, Biblipedia, Islamipedia, and Ameripedia;For all information where a CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW MATTERS!" We recognize WIKI'S status, but URGE you NOT TO TRUST their bias!
"CHRISTIPEDIA™" is a “Trademark” of NewtonStein Academy, Cambridge Theological Seminary™, American Bible Church; PLEASE DO NOT INFRINGE!
Please visit our TOP-TWENTY-FIVE CHRISTIPEDIA™ Pages: "Christians For Christ!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - God’s Goals vs the Adversary: Does God Get what HE WANTS?  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – Beautiful Marsha Blackburn: TEA-PARTY SUPER-HERO!  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - Ronald-Reagan Files: The Great Communicator  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – Kristi Noem, The New TEA-PARTY-PRINCESS!  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – REAGAN REPUBLICAN Michelle Bachmann for President: 2012 or 2020?  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – “TEA PARTY PRINCESS” - KRISTI NOEM, BRIEF-BIO  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - Barack Obama Files: His Muslim Connections  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-REPUBLICANS HOME PAGE  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - TEA-PARTY HISTORY and BACKGROUND  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - Conservative Activists: "Who's Who in Christian Conservative Politics?  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - SARAH PALIN HOME PAGE: "Winning Big Winning Easy in 2012!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-CONSERVATIVES Home Page: For a Judaeo-Christian America  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - The ALL-PRO-ISRAEL-BLOG  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - Sarah Palin Blog: The Webs Largest "Pro Sarah Palin Site!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - The "Rush-Recommended Republican Blueprint!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - "Rush Limbaugh Quotes" on Christ and Christianity!  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - PNN, "PALIN NEWS-NETWORK”: Her Book Sales Set Records!  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, Michele Bachmann, BRIEF-BIO!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "Republican Power and Catholics!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - "Hall of Faith Christian Activist Ministers, 2nd-half 20th Century "  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "American Bible Catholics!"  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – RUSH REPUBLICANS, HOME-PAGE  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" –The Early Christian-Church Outlaws Homosexuality!  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – PREACHERS! Do You Know About PULPIT FREEDOM SUNDAY?  "CHRISTIPEDIA™" – Our GOD-GIVEN Rights, Guaranteed in the Bible: Called “Civil” and “Human” Rights
DR. MATTHEW HENRY,
Premier Commentator on the Whole Bible:
The Longest-Lasting, Most-Used Commentary in History (HIS-STORY!)
Matthew Henry, the Scholar:
Matthew Henry was an English commentator on the Bible and Presbyterian minister, of Puritan-Pilgrim descent. Born in 1662, he was a contemporary of Thomas Hooker, and John Locke.
Matthew Henry, the Scholar:
Matthew Henry was born at Broad Oak, a farmhouse on the borders of Flintshire and Shropshire, England: birth: 18 October 1662, and death: 22 June 1714. Sadly, this great man of god lived a short 51 years!
His father, Puritan-like Philip Henry, had just been ejected under the Act of Uniformity 1662, still in the shadow of King James-I, who burned Baptist Preachers at the stake!
Unlike most of his fellow-sufferers, Philip possessed some private means, and was thus able to give his son a good education. Matthew went first to a school at Islington, and then to Gray's Inn.
He soon gave up his legal studies for theology, and in 1687 became minister of a Presbyterian congregation at Chester. He moved again in 1712 to Mare Street, Hackney.
Two years later (22 June 1714), he died suddenly of apoplexy at the Queen's Aid House (41 High Street) in Nantwich while on a journey from Chester to London. He was 51 years of age.
Matthew Henry, the Commentator:
Matthew Henry's well-known six-volume Exposition of the Old and New Testaments (1708–1710) or Complete Commentary, originally published in 1706, provides an exhaustive verse by verse study of the Bible, covering the whole of the Old Testament, and through the Gospels and Acts in the New Testament.
After the author's early and sudden death, the work was finished (Romans through Revelation) by thirteen other nonconformist ministers, partly based upon notes taken by Henry's hearers, and edited by George Burder and John Hughes in 1811.
Henry's commentaries are primarily exegetical, dealing with the scripture text as presented, with his prime intention being explanation, for practical and devotional purposes.
While not being a work of textual research, for which Henry recommended Matthew Poole's Synopsis, Henry's Exposition is seen to quietly give the result of an accurate critical knowledge of the original fully up to the best critics of his time.
His commentary excels at practical application, displaying good sense, discrimination, high moral tone and simple piety, combined with the well-sustained flow of its English style.
It has long been celebrated as the best of English commentaries for devotional purposes, while still seeing wide use today.
Famous evangelical Protestant preachers such as George Whitefield and Charles Spurgeon used and heartily commended the work.
The famous George Whitefield, Father to American Founding Fathers - read it through four times - the last time on his knees. 
Charles Spurgeon stated, "Every minister ought to read it entirely and carefully through once at least." 
Matthew Henry, Other Writings:
Henry's Miscellaneous Writings, included:
> Life of Mr. Philip Henry, (his father)
> The Communicant's Companion,
> Directions for Daily Communion with God,
> A Method for Prayer,
> A Scriptural Catechism,
> and numerous sermons,
> and biography of eminent Christians,
> together with the sermon on the author's death by William Tong were edited in 1809, and in 1830 a new edition included sermons not previously included, and Philip Henry's "What Christ is made to believers".
The collection was issued several times by different publishers.
Matthew Henry, References
1. ^ Religious Tract Society, Christian Biography: Lives of William Cowper, Mrs. Ann H. Judson, Anna Jane Linnard, Matthew Henry, 1799, Matthew Henry
2. ^ Images of England: 41 High Street, Nantwich
3. ^ "Matthew Henry Commentary on the Whole Bible, 6 volumes". http://bible.christianity.com/Commentaries/. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
4. ^ Matthew Henry: Minister and Bible Commentator
5. ^ Henry, Matthew. "General Information." Blue Letter Bible. 1 Mar 1996. 2010. 19 Sep 2010
6. ^ http://www.wholesomewords.org/biography/bhenry2.html
7. ^ The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, Philip Schaff Vol. V:, Matthew Henry
8. ^ Commenting and Commentaries, p. 3
9. ^ "Matthew Henry's Miscellaneous Writings". Copac. http://copac.ac.uk/search?&au=m+henry&date=1818%2D1836&ti=miscellaneous+&sort-order=ti%2C%2Ddate. Retrieved 05 December 2009.
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica (Eleventh ed.). Cambridge University Press.
Matthew Henry, External links:
There are many original works written by or about: Matthew Henry
There are various collections of quotations related to: Matthew Henry
* Biography of Matthew Henry
* Matthew Henry Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible
* Matthew Henry Complete Commentary on the Whole Bible
* Matthew Henry – A Method for Prayer
"Fair Use" Notice:
Contributions from the best scholars in numerous fields are added to Ministers-Best-Friend.com website daily. Such research papers and articles:
* May not represent the views of Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Have not been peer-reviewed by Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Being a global ministry of huge proportions - yet of mostly retired volunteers (locally) - it is not possible to "verify" every piece that is submitted to us.
* There is not - and never has been - any money, checking or savings account, or any other such fund associated with Ministers-Best-Friend.com or Cambridge Theological Seminary.
* The 75,000-plus page archive of Ministers-Best-Friend.com may or may not contain a tiny amount copyrighted news/political reporting material whose use may or may not have been authorized by the copyright owners;
* To the best of our knowledge we believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the web constitutes a "fair use" of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law).
* If readers wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
* "Fair use" notwithstanding, we will immediately comply with any copyright owner who can show our use of such material is not in compliance with the fair Use law.
Thank You for your part in the Global Ministry of Ministers-Best-Friend.com - as of 1-1-2011 - in nearly 200 nations, approaching 40,000 associated Bible Believing Ministers and over 30,000 Ministries.
COPYRIGHT (c) 1977 Cambridge Theological Seminary COPYRIGHT (c) 1965 Cambridge Bible Institute
* Cambridge Theological Seminary USA & Global has no connection or relationship to Cambridge University in England, EXCEPT . . . we in the USA are carrying on their "Christian Values of Hundreds of Years" . . . as they have long since become secular humanists, agnostics and atheists: "Anti-Christ" in almost every way and contrary to every Scripture.
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Dr. D. James Kennedy: Can you be as Bold as Him?
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Cambridge Theological Seminary Office, USA
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Free Ordination-1 by Cambridge Theological Seminary
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Religious Degrees, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: A few Recent Ministry Partners
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary,
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Ministers Main Page
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Home-Based-Ministry: Serve God, Make Money, Save Taxes
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO GENERAL HOME PAGE
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO MINISTERS HOME PAGE
Most Important Questions You'll Ever Answer? Do you understand "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT" - Unearned and Undeserved? "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT!"
Do you know FOR SURE that you have Eternal Life: Here & Now?
"Eternal Life: Here & Now FOR SURE!"
In 'VERY FEW MINUTES' ... you can Know for Certain if you're saved ... or not! In 'TWO MINUTES' - Know if you're Saved or not!
Search Web's Most Comprehensive Christian Site All-Things-Bible, Church, History, Leadership, Psychology, Politics, Science, Health, Sermon Resources, "Starters", Illustrations & Stories, Humor, Quotes, Sermons (Audio & Print) From Ancient Rome, Greece & Jewish History to Latest News Headlines!