GLENN BECK'S Favorite Book, The 5000-Year Leap! Political!
The Five Thousand Year Leap
Author W. Cleon Skousen
The Five Thousand Year Leap: Twenty-Eight Great Ideas That Are Changing the World is a book that was published in 1981 by the late anti-communist and conservative author Cleon Skousen.
The book asserts that:
> the United States is a Christian Nation
> whose Founding Fathers were guided by the Bible,
> and that the U.S. Constitution is an inspired, brilliant document. 
28 fundamental beliefs
The book lists how the Founding Fathers of the United States used 28 fundamental beliefs to create a society based on morality, faith, and ethics, which Skousen asserts resulted in more progress having been achieved in the last 200 years than in the previous 5,000 years of every other civilization combined.
Those American-Christian beliefs are as follows:
1. The only reliable basis for sound government and just human relations is natural law. [D of C]
2. A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong. [George Washington, hereafter as GW]
3. The most promising method of securing a virtuous and a morally stable people is to elect virtuous leaders. [GW]
4. Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained. [GW]
5. All things were created by God, therefore upon him all mankind are equally dependent and to him they are equally responsible. [D of C]
6. All men are created equal. [D of C]
7. The proper role of government is to provide equal rights, not equal things. [D of C]
8. Men are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights. [D of C]
9. To protect man's rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law. [D of C]
10. The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the whole people. [D of C]
11. The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical. [D of C]
12. The United States of America shall be a republic. [US Con]
13. A constitution should be structured to permanently protect the people from the human frailties of their rulers.
14. Life and liberty is secure so long as the right to property is secure. [D of C]
15. The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free market economy and minimum of government regulations.
16. The government should be separated into three branches--legislative, executive and judicial.
17. A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power.
18. The inalienable rights of the people are most likely to be preserved if the principles of government are set forth in a written constitution.
19. Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to the government, all others being retained by the people.
20. Efficiency and dispatch require government to operate according to the will of the majority, but constitutional provisions must be made to protect the rights of the minority.
21. Strong local self-government is the keystone to preserving human freedom.
22. A free people should be governed by law and not by the whims of man. [GW]
23. A free society cannot survive as a republic without a broad program of general education.
24. A free people will not survive unless they remain strong. [GW]
25. Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations--entangling alliances with none. [GW]
26. The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity. [GW]
27. The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest. [GW]
28. The United States has a manifest destiny to be an example and a blessing to the entire human race. [GW]
COPYRIGHT (c) 1977 Cambridge Theological Seminary
FROM: IAIA Accreditation TO: Dr. D. James Kennedy: Can you be as Bold as Him?
FROM: IAIA Accreditation TO: Cambridge Theological Seminary, USA
FROM: IAIA Accreditation TO: Free Ordination-1 by Cambridge Theological Seminary
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: Religious Degrees, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: A few Recent Ministry Partners
FROM: IAIA Accreditation,
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: Ministers Main Page
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: Home-Based-Ministry: Serve God, Make Money, Save Taxes
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO GENERAL HOME PAGE
FROM United FOR Christ GLOBAL: TO MINISTERS HOME PAGE
Most Important Questions You'll Ever Answer? Do you understand "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT" - Unearned and Undeserved? "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT!"
Do you know FOR SURE that you have Eternal Life: Here & Now?
"Eternal Life: Here & Now FOR SURE!"
In 'VERY FEW MINUTES' ... you can Know for Certain if you're saved ... or not! In 'TWO MINUTES' - Know if you're Saved or not!
Search Web's Most Comprehensive Christian Site All-Things-Bible, Church, History, Leadership, Psychology, Politics, Science, Health, Sermon Resources, "Starters", Illustrations & Stories, Humor, Quotes, Sermons (Audio & Print) From Ancient Rome, Greece & Jewish History to Latest News Headlines!