Please Visit TOP-TWENTY-FIVE AMERIPEDIA™ Pages  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "SARAH PALIN TOP-100 WEBPAGES!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" – Potential President Marsha Blackburn: TEA-PARTY SUPER-HERO!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Ronald-Reagan Files: The Great Communicator  "AMERIPEDIA™" – Kristi Noem, The New TEA-PARTY-PRINCESS!  "AMERIPEDIA™" – REAGAN REPUBLICAN Michelle Bachmann for President: 2012 or 2020?  "AMERIPEDIA™" – “TEA PARTY PRINCESS” - KRISTI NOEM, BRIEF-BIO  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Barack Obama Files: His Muslim Connections  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-REPUBLICANS HOME PAGE  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TEA-PARTY HISTORY and BACKGROUND  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Conservative Activists: "Who's Who in Christian Conservative Politics?  "AMERIPEDIA™" - SARAH PALIN HOME PAGE: "Winning Big Winning Easy in 2012!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-CONSERVATIVES Home Page: For a Judaeo-Christian America  "AMERIPEDIA™" - The ALL-PRO-ISRAEL-BLOG  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Sarah Palin Blog: The Webs Largest "Pro Sarah Palin Site!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - The "Rush-Recommended Republican Blueprint!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "Rush Limbaugh Quotes" on Christ and Christianity!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - PNN, "PALIN NEWS-NETWORK”: Her Book Sales Set Records!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, Michele Bachmann, BRIEF-BIO!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "Republican Power and Catholics!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "Hall of Faith Christian Activist Ministers, 2nd-half 20th Century "  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "American Bible Catholics!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" – RUSH REPUBLICANS, HOME-PAGE  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Reagan Republicans Home Page  "AMERIPEDIA™" - PRO-LIFE Page  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Michele-Bachmann, TEA PARTY DARLING Causing “Hysteria-on-the-Left!”
"TEA PARTY UNITED™"
Marsha W. Blackburn;
BRIEF BIO for this "TEA PARTY CONSERVATIVE CHAMPION!"
Tennessee Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn; Coming into her own in National Politics:
[Photo at right above O'Reilly]
Please visit TOP-TWENTY TEA PARTY UNITED™ Pages Below:
Representative Marsha Blackburn:
Marsha Wedgeworth Blackburn is a "Rising Star" in the republican Party, in Conservatism, and especially the TEA PARTY UNITED!Marsha Blackburn Speaking at Heritage;
Marsha Blackburn is the U.S. Representative for Tennessee's 7th congressional district, serving since 2003. The district stretches from the suburbs of Nashville to the suburbs of Memphis. She is definitely a Country Music Gal who is headed to bigger and better things!
In greatest probability, either Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Marsha Blackburn or Kristi Noem will be the First Female President of the USA!
Many are betting on Marsha Blackburn for a simple reason. She has ALL of the attributes of Palin and Bachmann with NONE of their negatives or polarizing baggage.
She can win!
Marsha Blackburn scored 100% on American Conservative Union’s 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009 Ratings of Congress.
Marsha Blackburn: Early life;
Born Marsha Wedgeworth in Laurel, Mississippi, Blackburn attended Northeast Jones High School and graduated from Mississippi State University where she joined Chi Omega, and where she also spent a few summers working with the Southwestern Company. She owned and operated a marketing company in Williamson County Tennessee.
Marsha Blackburn: Early political career;
Marsha Blackburn began her political career in 1977 as a founding member of the Williamson County Young Republicans. She served as chairwoman of the Williamson County Republican Party from 1989 to 1991.
Her elective political career began in 1992, when she won the Republican nomination for the 6th District, which at the time included her home in Brentwood. She lost by 16 percentage points to longtime congressman Bart Gordon.
In 1995, she was appointed chairwoman of the Tennessee Film, Entertainment & Music Commission.
She won elective office for the first time in 1998, when she was elected to the Tennessee State Senate, representing Williamson County and a sliver of Davidson County. She led efforts to prevent the passage of a state income tax championed by Governor Don Sundquist.
Marsha Blackburn: U.S. House of Representatives;
* Committee on Energy and Commerce
o Subcommittee on Communications, Technology and the Internet o Subcommittee on Health o Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations * Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming
Marsha Blackburn: Party leadership:
* Deputy Whip
* Republican Study Committee (former Communications Chair)
* National Republican Congressional Committee (Communications Chair)
* Congressional Songwriters Caucus (Co-founder)
Marsha Blackburn: Blackburn in 2007;
Blackburn is a fiscal and social conservative. She was defeated in November 2007 for the position of Republican Conference chairman.
Some had speculated she would run for Bill Frist's U.S. Senate seat in 2006; however, she chose to run for a third House term.
Unlike most female Representatives, she prefers to be called "Congressman Blackburn."
She was also mentioned as a possible candidate for governor in 2010.
Congresswoman Blackburn initially backed former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, joining his campaign as a senior advisor.
On May 25, 2007, Blackburn resigned her position in the Romney campaign and endorsed former Senator Fred Thompson for President.
Marsha Blackburn: Some Positions;
Since 2007, Blackburn one of the very, very few, has not made a special spending request in federal budget earmarks.
Blackburn is a vocal opponent of President Obama's Health Care Reform Legislation, which she characterizes as "a government run, government ensured, government financed, government delivered healthcare system".
When pressed by MSNBC's Joe Scarborough on opponents of Health Care Reform's claim that the legislation includes "death panels" for the elderly, Blackburn equivocated and would not reject this assertion.
Marsha Blackburn: Some Honors;
According to her campaign website, Blackburn has received the following honors:
* National Journal described Blackburn as a "freshman to watch" and a "top House conservative" in 2003 and 2004.
* Americans for Tax Reform called Blackburn a "taxpayer hero" in 2003.
* The Family Research Council gave Blackburn the "true blue" award for the first half of the 108th Congress.
* National Right to Life praised Blackburn for supporting the Medicare Prescription Drug and Modernization Act.
* Blackburn served as an assistant whip in the 108th and 109th Congress, and served as a deputy whip for the 110th and 111th Congress.
* During the 110th Congress she was the Communications Chairman for the Republican Study Committee.
* She is also serving as a member of the House Energy & Commerce Committee for third consecutive term.
In 2008 Blackburn won her GOP primary race by gaining 62 percent of the vote against Shelby County register of deeds, and former fellow state senator, moderate Republican Tom Leatherwood.
Marsha Blackburn: Tea-Party Conservative Hero!
Marsha Blackburn scored 100% on American Conservative Union’s 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009 Ratings of Congress.
According to the 2009 annual vote studies by Congressional Quarterly, Blackburn is one of the most partisan Republican members of the House.
According to National Journal’s 2009 Vote Ratings, she was ranked as the 7th most conservative in the House.
These rankings show Blackburn coming in behind a group of men who, in a six-way tie for the most conservative, all voted the same way on every politically charged issue for the year.
For that reason it could be argued that Blackburn's voting record is the second most conservative in the House of Representatives.
Marsha Blackburn: Her Enemies Attack!
In 2008, Congresswoman Blackburn was named one of CREW's Most Corrupt Members of Congress by Left-wing extremist, socialist government watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. (Actually they are as corrupt as it gets! To be accused by them is an HONOR for a True Patriot!)
Marsha Blackburn: Great Courage!
In April 2009, Marsha Blackburn questioned former Vice President Al Gore during an energy-related congressional hearing.
The Independent, a London-based periodical, has credited her for "famously putting Gore on the spot about his business interests in the [energy] industry" during this confrontation.
Citing the concerns of her district constituents, Blackburn's question to Gore was simply: "The legislation that we are discussing here today, is that something that you are going to personally benefit from?”
Marsha Blackburn: Political campaigns;
Redistricting after the 2000 Census moved Blackburn's home from the 6th District into the 7th District. Gordon had faced three tough races in the 1990s (including a near-defeat in 1994) due to the presence of Williamson County, the richest county in the state and the most Republican county in Middle Tennessee.
It appeared that the Democratic-controlled General Assembly wanted to protect Gordon by packing the already heavily Republican 7th with as many Republicans as possible.
To make up for the increase in population from the addition of Williamson County, the General Assembly shifted some of the more Democratic parts of Clarksville to the nearby 8th District. The result was a district that, in some parts of Middle Tennessee, is two miles wide.
In 2002, incumbent Congressman Ed Bryant decided to run for the Senate seat being vacated by Fred Thompson. Blackburn entered the Republican primary. The primary was watched very closely in Tennessee Republican circles.
Marsha Blackburn: Really Republican District!
The 7th District is considered the state's most Republican district outside the state's traditional Republican heartland, East Tennessee. Republicans had held the 7th since 1972 by margins rivaling those usually scored by East Tennessee Republicans.
Of the four serious candidates, Blackburn was the only one from the Nashville suburbs, while the other three were all from Memphis and its suburbs.
The three Memphians split the vote in that area, allowing Blackburn to win the primary by 20 points. Blackburn's primary win was tantamount to election in November. In the general election, Blackburn defeated Democratic nominee Tim Barron.
She was the fourth woman elected to Congress from Tennessee, but the first not to serve as a stand-in for her husband. (Irene Bailey Baker and Louise Reece had served as caretakers after their husbands died in office, and Marilyn Lloyd replaced her husband on the ballot when he died after the primary election.)
She is also the first Republican to represent part of Nashville itself since Reconstruction; a small portion of Nashville (roughly coextensive with the Davidson County portion of her State Senate district) was shifted from the heavily Democratic 5th District to the 7th District after the 2000 Census.
Blackburn was unopposed for reelection in 2004, which is somewhat unusual for a freshman member of Congress, even from a district as heavily Republican as the 7th. Washingtonian's September 2004 Best and Worst of Congress, obtained from a survey of Congressional aides, identified Blackburn as one of the three best freshman members.
Marsha Blackburn: Electoral history;
2010 Marsha Blackburn 158,892 votes, 72%
*Write-in and minor candidate notes: In 2002, write-ins received 31 votes. In 2006, James B. "Mickey" White received 898 votes; William J. Smith received 848 votes; John L. Rimer received 710 votes; and Gayl G. Pratt received 663 votes.
Marsha Blackburn: Personal life;
Blackburn is married to Charles "Chuck" Blackburn, and they live in Brentwood, a wealthy suburb of Nashville. The couple has two children. Blackburn is Presbyterian.
The Presbyterian Church is made up of several independent governing bodies known as denominations. According to the online Presbyterian News Service, the denomination Blackburn belongs to is The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Marsha Blackburn: Radically Christian!
Most notably, Conservative Champion Marsha Blackburn is a member of The C Street Family, a Christian Dominionist prayer group which includes many prominent Republican members of Congress.
Her fans like her very much! On May 31, 2006, Rep. Blackburn was named the “hottest woman in U.S. politics” in an online poll sponsored by Politics1.com., beating fellow tea-Party members Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann, also true beauty Queens.
Marsha Blackburn: References;
1. ^ U.S. Rep. Marsha Wedgeworth Blackburn 2008 - Annual
2. ^ http://library.msstate.edu/cprc/blackburn.asp
3. ^ ANDREWS, HELENA (Apr/15/2008). "The lady prefers 'congressman'". Politico. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9622.html.
4. ^ Kleinheider (January 7, 2009). "Marsha Blackburn Has Not Yet Decided On A Run For Guv". NashvillePost.com. http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2009/01/07/marsha-blackburn-has-not-yet-decided-on-a-run-for-guv/.
5. ^ "Governor Mitt Romney Announces Two New Senior Advisers"
6. ^ "Blackburn endorses Fred Thompson"
7. ^ David Lightman and Chris Echegaray (November 16, 2010). "TN senators back freeze on special spending". The Tennessean: p. 2. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20101116/NEWS02/11160323/2067.
8. ^ Memphis Fox Network Online, Sept 4 2009
9. ^ "Blackburn wont deny reform will create death panels". MSNBC. 2009-08-25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Kn14Yndy4.
10. ^ Factcheck.org, August 14, 2009/
11. ^ "Blackburn to speak at GOP dinner". Shelbyville Times-Gazette. April 1, 2008. http://www.t-g.com/story/1322013.html.
12. ^ "Biography". official U.S. House website. 2010-03-30. http://blackburn.house.gov/Biography/.
13. ^ BEADLE, NICHOLAS (August 8, 2008). "Blackburn beats Leatherwood". The Jackson Sun. http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080808/NEWS03/80808001.
14. ^ L., James (August 8, 2008). "8/7 Primary Results Round-up". Swing Stage Project. http://www.swingstateproject.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=2725.
15. ^ "2005 Votes by State Delegation". ACU Ratings. http://www.acuratings.org/2005all.htm#TN. Retrieved 2010-03-14. [dead link]
16. ^ "2007 Votes by State Delegation". ACU Ratings. http://www.acuratings.org/2007all.htm#TN. Retrieved 2010-03-14. [dead link]
17. ^ "2009 Votes by State Delegation". ACU Ratings. http://126.96.36.199/ratings/ratingsarchive/2009/House%20Ratings.htm. Retrieved 2010-03-14.
18. ^ Theobald, Bill (Jan 17, 2010). "Alexander among most bipartisan of GOP senators". The Leaf-Chronicle (WASHINGTON: Gannett): p. 2. http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20100117/OPINION/1170329. Retrieved 2010-01-19. [dead link]
19. ^ "2009 VOTE RATINGS". National Journal. February 27, 2010. http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nw_20100227_7237.php.
20. ^ "2009 VOTE RATINGS". National Journal. February 27, 2010. http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazine/nw_20100227_7237.php.
21. ^ Sullivan, Bartholomew. "Blackburn added to 'most corrupt' in Congress list". The Commercial Appeal. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/sep/11/blackburn-added-to-most-corrupt-in-congress-list/. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
22. ^ Usborne, David (4 November 2009). "Al Gore denies he is 'carbon billionaire'". The Independent. http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/al-gore-denies-he-is-carbon-billionaire-1814199.html.
23. ^ Allen, Nick (3 November 2009). "Al Gore 'profiting' from climate change agenda". The Daily Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/6496196/Al-Gore-profiting-from-climate-change-agenda.html.
24. ^ DAVIS, KENT (2010-01-12). "2011 Redistricting TN". TN Precinct Project. http://www.tnprecinctproject.com/2010/01/12/2011-redistricting-tn/.
25. ^ a b "Election Statistics". Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives. http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/electionInfo/index.html. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
26. ^ Campaign 2004, Associated Press
27. ^ Presbyterian Family, Association of Religious Data Bases
28. ^ Presbyterian News Service, Feb 12,2009
29. ^ Inside The C Street House, Salon.com July 21, 2009
30. ^ Politics1 - Online Poll
Marsha Blackburn: External links;
Web media related to: Marsha Blackburn
* U.S. Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn official U.S. House site
* U.S. Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn official campaign site
* Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
* Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
* Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
* Biography at WhoRunsGov.com at The Washington Post
* Congressional profile at GovTrack.us
* Congressional profile at OpenCongress.com
* Appearances on C-SPAN programs
* Issue positions and quotes at On The Issues
* Financial information at OpenSecrets.org
* Staff salaries, trips and personal finance at LegiStorm.com
* Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
Please visit our TOP-TWENTY-FIVE AMERIPEDIA™ "Tea-Party Power” Pages:  "AMERIPEDIA™" - PNN, "PALIN NEWS-NETWORK”: Her Book Sales Set Records!  "AMERIPEDIA™" – Beautiful Marsha Blackburn: TEA-PARTY SUPER-HERO!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Ronald-Reagan Files: The Great Communicator  "AMERIPEDIA™" – Kristi Noem, The New TEA-PARTY-PRINCESS!  "AMERIPEDIA™" – REAGAN REPUBLICAN Michelle Bachmann for President: 2012 or 2020?  "AMERIPEDIA™" – “TEA PARTY PRINCESS” KRISTI NOEM, BRIEF-BIO  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Barack Obama Files: His Muslim Connections  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-REPUBLICANS HOME PAGE  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TEA-PARTY HISTORY and BACKGROUND  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Conservative Activists: "Who's Who in Christian Conservative Politics?  "AMERIPEDIA™" - SARAH PALIN HOME PAGE: "Winning Big Winning Easy in 2012!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - TALK-RADIO-CONSERVATIVES Home Page: For a Judaeo-Christian America  "AMERIPEDIA™" - The ALL-PRO-ISRAEL-BLOG  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Sarah Palin Blog: The Webs Largest "Pro Sarah Palin Site!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - The "Rush-Recommended Republican Blueprint!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "Rush Limbaugh Quotes" on Christ and Christianity!  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "SARAH PALIN TOP-100 WEBPAGES!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, Michele Bachmann, BRIEF-BIO!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "Republican Power and Catholics!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "Hall of Faith Christian Activist Ministers, 2nd-half 20th Century "  "AMERIPEDIA™" - "TALK-RADIO REPUBLICANS, "American Bible Catholics!"  "AMERIPEDIA™" – RUSH REPUBLICANS, HOME-PAGE  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Reagan Republicans Home Page  "AMERIPEDIA™" - PRO-LIFE Page  "AMERIPEDIA™" - Michele-Bachmann, TEA PARTY DARLING Causing “Hysteria-on-the-Left!”
"Fair Use" Notice:
Contributions from the best scholars in numerous fields are added to Ministers-Best-Friend.com website daily. Such research papers and articles:
* May not represent the views of Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Have not been peer-reviewed by Cambridge Theological Seminary;
* Being a global ministry of huge proportions - yet of mostly retired volunteers (locally) - it is not possible to "verify" every piece that is submitted to us.
* There is not - and never has been - any money, checking or savings account, or any other such fund associated with Ministers-Best-Friend.com or Cambridge Theological Seminary.
* The 160,000-plus page archive of Ministers-Best-Friend.com may or may not contain a tiny amount copyrighted news/political reporting material whose use may or may not have been authorized by the copyright owners;
* To the best of our knowledge we believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the web constitutes a "fair use" of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law).
* If readers wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
* "Fair use" notwithstanding, we will immediately comply with any copyright owner who can show our use of such material is not in compliance with the fair Use law.
Thank You for your part in the Global Ministry of Ministers-Best-Friend.com - as of 1-1-2011 - in nearly 200 nations, approaching 40,000 associated Bible Believing Ministers and over 30,000 Ministries.
COPYRIGHT (c) 1977 Cambridge Theological Seminary COPYRIGHT (c) 1965 Cambridge Bible Institute
* Cambridge Theological Seminary USA & Global has no connection or relationship to Cambridge University in England, EXCEPT . . . we in the USA are carrying on their "Christian Values of Hundreds of Years" . . . as they have long since become secular humanists, agnostics and atheists: "Anti-Christ" in almost every way and contrary to every Scripture.
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Dr. D. James Kennedy: Can you be as Bold as Him?
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Cambridge Theological Seminary Office, USA
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Free Ordination-1 by Cambridge Theological Seminary
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Religious Degrees, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctorate
FROM: IAIA Accreditation, TO: A few Recent Ministry Partners
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary,
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Ministers Main Page
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO: Home-Based-Ministry: Serve God, Make Money, Save Taxes
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO GENERAL HOME PAGE
FROM: Cambridge Theological Seminary, TO MINISTERS HOME PAGE
Most Important Questions You'll Ever Answer? Do you understand "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT" - Unearned and Undeserved? "Eternal Life as God's FREE GIFT!"
Do you know FOR SURE that you have Eternal Life: Here & Now?
"Eternal Life: Here & Now FOR SURE!"
In 'VERY FEW MINUTES' ... you can Know for Certain if you're saved ... or not! In 'TWO MINUTES' - Know if you're Saved or not!
Search Web's Most Comprehensive Christian Site All-Things-Bible, Church, History, Leadership, Psychology, Politics, Science, Health, Sermon Resources, "Starters", Illustrations & Stories, Humor, Quotes, Sermons (Audio & Print) From Ancient Rome, Greece & Jewish History to Latest News Headlines!